Ahh thanks heaps some good advise there.
I'll Def get some dumbbells sounds fun or I'll just use my chubby baby boy lol.
I'm actually finding if I do feel hungry I get full really quick. Is that from Duromine coz just last week I was so hungry all the time I pretty much ate two of what ever I had including dinner. (Sooo bad)
But tomorrow I'll concentrate on cleaning and keeping busy might give me a boost.

Can't wait to hear everyone's stories..

What's people's weight loss like?

I have stopped taking the 40mg tablets as they had too many side effects for me. dry mouth biting my damn cheek off. and my head buzzing. so bought 100 30mg tablets which i take mostly every day unless I forget now and then. I dont have any side effects. maybe sometimes I get the buzzing or biting my cheek. but much better than 40s if thats a help to anyone.
I have also found that I go up and down in weight. so absolutely trying to cut out chocolate and tim tams
When I started I was 87.6kilos. I got down to 81 kilos weighted myself yesterday am now 81.7 so have put weight on again. Just cant get down any lower
My problem now is I seem to be losing weight everywhere but where I want it on my belly. I now have a flabby belly that hangs and I get itchy and sore under the skin does anybody else have this problem and how do I get rid of my fat belly its like all the fat has just decided to move from everywhere and go there.????? Please help me I would love some ideas how to get rid of this

Hello Squinky! Sorry you suffered such severe side effects. However, 40 mg is indeed very strong and not so many people manage to use it without problems. Every side effect that you describe is in the list of possible side effects of Duromine.

As for the weight… it is the way it goes in many people – up and down. Fighting belly fat requires adding strength exercises to your cardio loads. Especially effective workouts to burn belly fat are high-intensity interval workouts. You can easily find plenty of workouts on youtube. Unfortunately, belly fat is probably the most stubborn fat. Therefore, you need to work on this problem A LOT! The results will come eventually if you are consistent with proper eating (only good fats, no processed foods). Swimming is great for toning all of your muscle groups and your skin, which also is important for a better appearance of your belly area. DO not wait for extremely fast results. This process needs time and perseverance. Stay strong! Have a wonderful day and I hope that your weight loss process goes nice and smooth from now on.

Hi!
Ive been researching about using duromine for weight loss after a friend suggested it to me. I haven't been to the dr yet, thought I'd see how other people have gone using it first.
After having two children in the space of 12 months (not twins, just really close together) I've found it so hard to find the time (and energy) to lose weight.

I've read on the internet about some pretty nasty side effects but others say they haven't experience any..

So I would like to read some stories (positive and negative) about people's experiences with duromine, was it effective? What mg you were using, what was the outcome? Did you experience any side effects? If so, was it all worth it?

Thank you so much!

Emarie said:
Hi!
Ive been researching about using duromine for weight loss after a friend suggested it to me. I haven't been to the dr yet, thought I'd see how other people have gone using it first.
After having two children in the space of 12 months (not twins, just really close together) I've found it so hard to find the time (and energy) to lose weight.

I've read on the internet about some pretty nasty side effects but others say they haven't experience any..

So I would like to read some stories (positive and negative) about people's experiences with duromine, was it effective? What mg you were using, what was the outcome? Did you experience any side effects? If so, was it all worth it?

Thank you so much!
Hi Emarie...

I first took duromine in 2010 30mg... insomnia dry mouth thirsty over heating full of energy concentration was on point.... no appetite what so ever but forced myself to eat in such a sense I had to set an alarm for every 4hrs... because we are meant to eat 6 times a day... water intake however was amazing.... I was a size 16 and within 2 months dropped down to a size 14... it did however affect my temper ... I am already short tempered and made it even worse... But I soon learned to overcome that negative situation by exercising.... u see it wasnt that my temper got worse it was that I had so much energy everyone else around me was in relax mode when I needed to get everything done asap...

This time round... today... Is my first day and my Dr prescribed 15mg. I took it as early as possible... 545am this morning... dry mouth over heating full of energy concentration on fleek lol.... But because I know the side effects from my first time... I know to take it as early as possible... so by the time bedtime comes round... I'm tired.... exercise helps a lot

Hope that helps a bit

Reactions: April
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm thinking about trying it out if the dr thinks it is suitable.

Did any of the side effects subside after a little while or were they there throughout your usage? Also, did you manage to keep any of the weight off after you finished the usage?

Emarie said:
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm thinking about trying it out if the dr thinks it is suitable.

Did any of the side effects subside after a little while or were they there throughout your usage? Also, did you manage to keep any of the weight off after you finished the usage?
I kept the weight off for almost 3 yrs ended up been a size 12... And that's when I stopped... ate healthy kept fit kind of thing ... But them I got naughty saw myself picking up buy never really took notice.... until I got on the scale and got the shock of my life.... 105kgs.... went straight to my Dr....

Symptoms... I really can't remember if they calm down...

I hardly slept last night I dozed off in between but every sound woke me. However I'm not really tired though.

Haven't taken my pill this morning as I woke up to late. As I promised I would take it every single day same time especially for insomnia purposes to get it under control. But it's Friday today so I can take it without having to worry about sleep lol.

Drs usually have no issue if u are really big and it's causing health problems and if u have tried everything and nothing's working. It's a 3 month on 3 month off process

Thanks so much for your help with this topic. I'm going to the Drs tomorrow to discuss my options.
I'm over feeling big and being tired all the time.

How are you going with your duromine journey this time?

Where to begin - I had never heard of this medicine until Monday last week. Headed off to my doctor after 3 months of decent gyming and dieting had yielded no results. She sucked plenty of blood out of me and said if no problems found she was going to put me on Duromine. I also joined Body20 a month ago, and they have a fancy machine that gives you lots of sad news (muscle mass, body fat, visceral fat (gulp) and basic metabolic rate).....according to their printout, my metabolic rate is quite a bit below average. Long story short, here I am. I started 15mg yesterday and so far no side effects. I can't really tell if it's impacted on my appetite yet. Other than a park run (walk) yesterday, I've enjoyed a rather lazy and relaxed weekend (much needed as an intruder climbing through my bedroom window last week has somewhat destroyed my nerves and enhanced my insomnia). Both days I've unintentionally enjoyed about a 20 minute nap on my couch around 1pm, and last night I had the best sleep ever, managing an unheard of 8 hours (I'm a bit of an insomniac) - so that all seems at odds with expectations.
But, what I'm curious about is - are there others out there who've struggled to lose weight and this drug has helped pick up the pace. I'm 48, been overweight most of my adult life, had PCOS (not sure I still do) and blood tests say no sign of menopause. Gym/Cardio minimum 5 times a week. Body20 strength training once a week. Follow low carb, high protein diet. Anyone???? All help much welcomed!

Reactions: April and TeeDee67
Hi,
I’m 31, with PCOS but more on the extreme end of the spectrum (3 major operations 2 in the space of 9 months).
I started on 15mg for the first week to ease myself into it then on to the 30mg. I started a food diary to track what I eat and to look back later on. I highly recommend it.

Started at 120kgs, I’m 172cm tall.
Currently 107.4kgs.

I’m more into low carb aswell I don’t calorie count as I don’t think I need too.

I work a physical type job and always on the move but it’s seasonal and coming to an end this week (4 week holiday yay!) so will spend the time working on myself.

I believe it helps you but works more if you put in the work.

My main side effect was the dry mouth.
Sometimes I’d get a headache.
Get a tad emotional or grumpy but nothing else.

Hope you give it a good go and good luck on your adventure :)

MJJ said:
Where to begin - I had never heard of this medicine until Monday last week. Headed off to my doctor after 3 months of decent gyming and dieting had yielded no results. She sucked plenty of blood out of me and said if no problems found she was going to put me on Duromine. I also joined Body20 a month ago, and they have a fancy machine that gives you lots of sad news (muscle mass, body fat, visceral fat (gulp) and basic metabolic rate).....according to their printout, my metabolic rate is quite a bit below average. Long story short, here I am. I started 15mg yesterday and so far no side effects. I can't really tell if it's impacted on my appetite yet. Other than a park run (walk) yesterday, I've enjoyed a rather lazy and relaxed weekend (much needed as an intruder climbing through my bedroom window last week has somewhat destroyed my nerves and enhanced my insomnia). Both days I've unintentionally enjoyed about a 20 minute nap on my couch around 1pm, and last night I had the best sleep ever, managing an unheard of 8 hours (I'm a bit of an insomniac) - so that all seems at odds with expectations.
But, what I'm curious about is - are there others out there who've struggled to lose weight and this drug has helped pick up the pace. I'm 48, been overweight most of my adult life, had PCOS (not sure I still do) and blood tests say no sign of menopause. Gym/Cardio minimum 5 times a week. Body20 strength training once a week. Follow low carb, high protein diet. Anyone???? All help much welcomed!
Hey, I have a very similar story to you with same age and insulin resistant pcos and did 5 months of d last year. Have lots to tell you bout my journey but have to take my son to school but will be back if you want to hear how I went ( really good ) Thanks jo

Reactions: April and TeeDee67
Welcome to the forum MJJ! I hope that Duromine helps you with kick starting your weight loss and you will have a successful weight loss journey!

@Jo666 , welcome the to the forum, too! =) Looking forward to hearing your story! IF it’s a story of success, you can help other newcomers find their motivation, so please post in SUCCESS STORIES category, if and when you have time and mood. I would truly appreciate it!

All the best to everybody on this thread! Have a great week!

Reactions: CP000
MJJ said:
Hey are going to do what the lovely April suggested and post an edited version of my d story in success story category if you want to read a slightly similar story and hope it may give you some encouragement, best wishes jo

Hi all... So I'm not sure if I'm doing this properly lol this is my 3rd day on 30mg. I'm hoping to lose with duromine together with eating properly and some exercise. Question... is it normal not to want to eat anything at all? It's like overnight I'm looking at food and I have no interest in it. I know I must eat but I have no appetite. I know this is the purpose of taking duromine but complete loss of appetite? I had a futurelife shake and half a slice of pizza the evening only cz my son didn't eat it lol the dry mouth is a blessing as I'm drinking almost 3 litres of water a day... today I only had 2 eggs and spinach. Can someone please explain the total loss of appetite? TIA

Reactions: TeeDee67
Hi there @Nas ,
Firstly welcome!. I have similar stats to you and am on the 30mg also, if you want to check mine out I am in my weekly updates I think it's In a thread called my experiences??.. ummm not sure.

And yes for the first 2 weeks or so I had no appetite at all and had to make myself eat, and when I did it was so much less than usual and i felt fuller quicker.

It was explained to me that our bodies us like a fire, if there is no fuel then the fire goes out.. which is bad cause the fire is our metabolism and we need to keep burning our fat off, so to stoke the fire and keep it going we need to eat. While we are on the duro and not feeling like food, it's the perfect opportunity to start putting the right sort of food into us and teach us what we really need and not what we just want, or because it tastes good and then we gorge ourselves on it.

So yes I had to start to teach myself, to have small portions at least 5x a day. Just little bits , I knew it was meal time so I made myself have something light.
I must warn you that at about the 5 day mark you may get constipated..so beware, the dry mouth settles down and I very rarely get it now. I was like you and drank heaps because of it and now I have to make myself drink again..lol

So good luck, keep us posted, I weigh myself every friday and post my weekly stats, just so I keep accountable. I like scrolling through the forums also, it's very encouraging.
All the best,
Teedee67.

Reactions: April and Nas
TeeDee67 said:
Hi there @Nas ,
Firstly welcome!. I have similar stats to you and am on the 30mg also, if you want to check mine out I am in my weekly updates I think it's In a thread called my experiences??.. ummm not sure.

And yes for the first 2 weeks or so I had no appetite at all and had to make myself eat, and when I did it was so much less than usual and i felt fuller quicker.

It was explained to me that our bodies us like a fire, if there is no fuel then the fire goes out.. which is bad cause the fire is our metabolism and we need to keep burning our fat off, so to stoke the fire and keep it going we need to eat. While we are on the duro and not feeling like food, it's the perfect opportunity to start putting the right sort of food into us and teach us what we really need and not what we just want, or because it tastes good and then we gorge ourselves on it.

So yes I had to start to teach myself, to have small portions at least 5x a day. Just little bits , I knew it was meal time so I made myself have something light.
I must warn you that at about the 5 day mark you may get constipated..so beware, the dry mouth settles down and I very rarely get it now. I was like you and drank heaps because of it and now I have to make myself drink again..lol

So good luck, keep us posted, I weigh myself every friday and post my weekly stats, just so I keep accountable. I like scrolling through the forums also, it's very encouraging.
All the best,
Teedee67.

Thank u so much for ur reply. I will check ur progress :) I was a bit overwhelmed by the changes but day 4 and I'm getting used to it. I find that my headaches disappear when I drink water. I agree this will make me change habits... for the better i hope lol i will weigh in after day 10 and will let u know.

Reactions: TeeDee67
Hello Nas! Very nice to see one more person, who is willing to change her life! It’s great that water helps you cope with the headaches, so you won’t forget to drink enough water. I am sure that you will be able to review your menu and will find the eating plan that suits you the most.

Did you begin any exercising?

Reactions: Nas
April said:
Hello Nas! Very nice to see one more person, who is willing to change her life! It’s great that water helps you cope with the headaches, so you won’t forget to drink enough water. I am sure that you will be able to review your menu and will find the eating plan that suits you the most.

Did you begin any exercising?

Hi thank you for the reply... I really hope that I can get more food (healthy of cz) in as I basically have to force myself to eat. I did some light exercises for 2 days. I will do a bit more today :)

I appreciate the motivation :)

Hello everyone

I’ve just started on 15mgs and on my 4th day.

First two days definitely felt a little of that duromine buzz (actually felt slightly high at one point hahaha) but not so much now but I am a little lost and confused. My main questions are:

- should duromine completely stop my appetite (first two days didn’t really feel hungry but I now have hunger back but not constantly thinking about food)

- how much should I be eating (past few days I have purposely tried to eat less but now I don’t know what to do)

- I feel absolutely exhausted (this is probably because I’m not sleeping well and eating 800-1000 calories a day, kind of obvious as to why I am exhausted ha)

I’m just so scared of this not working when I feel it is my last resort.

Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

Reactions: Rava
maddiegettingfit said:
My main questions are:

- should duromine completely stop my appetite (first two days didn’t really feel hungry but I now have hunger back but not constantly thinking about food)

It should stop you feeling hungry. Sometimes however it can take a while to build up in your system, so I would keep taking it for at least a week to 10 days. If you are still feeling hunger, I would head to your GP and see if he can switch you to the 30mg.

maddiegettingfit said:
- how much should I be eating (past few days I have purposely tried to eat less but now I don’t know what to do)

Ok I don't know what you weigh or how tall you are, so a little hard to help out in this regard. That being said the recommended dietary intake for women wanting to lose weight is 1200 calories. Quite a few of us aim for 1000 for a quicker weight loss. Just remember also that if you are exercising you are going to need more fuel for your body :)

I would look at joining either My Fitness Pal or Lose It - both have free options and free apps that you can put on your phone. It's a great way of keeping note of what you are eating. Make sure you put in every single thing - both food and drinks. When I started doing this I was really surprised to see what my total caloric intake was!

maddiegettingfit said:
- I feel absolutely exhausted (this is probably because I’m not sleeping well and eating 800-1000 calories a day, kind of obvious as to why I am exhausted ha)

I’m just so scared of this not working when I feel it is my last resort.

Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

Insomnia is one of those dreaded side effects. Generally it will settle in a couple of weeks. You can try epsom salt baths or lavender oil on a tissue under your pillowcase. You could see if taking your tablet earlier makes a difference. You could try exercising late afternoon to physically tire your body out hopefully letting you drop off to sleep easier.

You can do this!

For me personally I started a thread over in the "my experience with Duromine" section. I journal nearly every day and that really helps hold me accountable.

I hope the above has helped, but if you are unsure on anything - just give another shout out ;)

Reactions: maddiegettingfit