I take my pill first thing (normally 445am, I start work around 530am that’s why) and by 8pm you’re ready for bed.

My main issue is the dry mouth, it’s driving me bonkers lol

Reactions: sar1296
@Lottie86 the dry mouth drives me nuts too. I drink so much more water now because of it which is good but I find that it is affecting my sleep because I am constantly needing to get up and pee.

Reactions: sar1296
Natalie74 said:
Hi sar1296 I'm in Australia as well. We seem to so similar. I'm the same height but weighing 80.9kgs. My dr put me on duramine yesterday at 30mgs as well. Took my first tablet at 7.30 this morning and already having headache, dry throat, tiredness and have never gone to the toilet so much even after having 4 kids. I really am hoping that this works and would love any tips as well.

Hi Natalie74, sorry I should really be checking back on this thread more often! How is everything going? I hope the side effects have eased for you. They definitely eased off for me after the first week, and I'm finally getting a good night sleep which is great!

CSA said:
The restless nights are a bit of a pain but I found that making sure I take my tablet first thing in the morning does help a bit and also having no caffeine during the day. I did have headaches when I first started but I think these may have also been from my body not getting all the crap I usually give it (like caffeine and sugar) because I just didn’t have any cravings for those things anymore. I started drinking a LOT of water and that seemed to help the headaches (and dry mouth). I lost 20kgs with the help of duromine so don’t be discouraged by the early side effects, your body needs a minute to adjust. As far as tips, get yourself a good eating and exercise plan for when you stop taking the tablets and look for a good kilojoules/calorie tracker. This has really helped me to keep the weight that I lost off (for the most part with a kg up over the holidays) because when you realize the amount of kilojoules that something’s have in them you honestly won’t even want them anymore because they’re just not worth it! It also helped me to get to know what to have when I did want a chocolate or something like that. Best of luck with your weight loss journey!

Thank you for the tips CSA! 20kg is amazing! I like the idea of a kilojoules/calorie tracker. I used to use My Fitness Pal so I'll have to get that going again. At the moment I've just been following a lot of health bloggers and getting recipe/meal ideas from them - which has been great.
Trying to keep caffeine has helped too - although I will admit it was hard at first. Down to one cup of coffee a day which is impressive for me haha

Lottie86 said:
I take my pill first thing (normally 445am, I start work around 530am that’s why) and by 8pm you’re ready for bed.

My main issue is the dry mouth, it’s driving me bonkers lol

Dry mouth is still driving me nuts too! Doesn't look like it will be going away either haha. In saying that, I've found drinking more water has really helped clear up my skin, so I can't complain too much!

Time has flown by since the first time I posted! Progress has been pretty great so far -

26th April - 79.6kg
3rd May - 74.6kg

Total weight loss in first week = 5kg

I was very shocked to see this result after one week. Definitely cannot complain with a total loss of 5kg! I understand that majority of that will be water weight, but nevertheless I am over the moon. Progress is progress right?

Next weigh in is tomorrow (eek!). Definitely not expecting anywhere near another 5kg lost, but am hoping I've shed another 1-2kg since the 3rd of May.

All the best everyone :)

Starting on 15mg today after not a very successful weight lose programme without it. Any tips?

Welcome and good luck!

My tips in general would be... to not weigh yourself every day. Once per week maximum, less is better. Same with measuring yourself. Simply pick a calorie deficit, track it with an app, and stick with it strictly for the long term. Why? Because if you’re doing everything right to begin with then you don’t need to see that on a scale, do you? If you’re doing everything right you are losing weight. Smart people just check the scales every now and then to make sure they’re on track because hey sometimes you get lazy and it’s a good way to know wether you need to get stricter again. So why do most people check their weight so frequently? They’re hoping for a sudden big loss. Their sense of self is tied to the numbers on those scales so if there’s a loss that’s fantastic but if there isn’t or it’s not as much as they want it to be they become depressed, self-hating, and if youre an emotional eater you know you’re going to splurge that day because “why bother!? I’m going to be fat forever!” Just don’t do it to yourself, it’s not worth it.

I’d say, expect nothing and you will be delighted with whatever results you get. Even weighing the same and not *more* or less is a success- you haven’t gained weight and that should be celebrated not cause a bout of depression because you didn’t spontaneously lose 50 pounds overnight. That’s unrealistic and stupid, 1kg in a week is AMAZING anything less is FANTASTIC also. Even just not gaining weight that week is a pat on the back.

Don’t expect the pills to do all the work. They’re just there to help you while *you* do all the work like maintaining a calorie deficit through less cravings and increasing your energy expenditure by making you energetic enough to get out of bed before midday or because you simply can’t sleep (common side effect) so hopefully you go to the gym and use some of it.

If weight loss is all you want and you don’t care how you get it or the consequences then you can eat whatever the heck you want as long as you maintain a calorie deficit and you *will* lose weight. But is that all you really want? Ask yourself. If you want good health and a potential reduction in later life diseases and illnesses then you need see a nutritionist or buy a book from the CSIRO (if you’re Australian) on diets that have been scientifically evaluated to aid in the reduction of those illnesses or for overall health and well-being. Look at the Government’s recommendations, and start changing your diet slowly by replacing bad things with better things (butter to margarine, full cream milk to skim milk, etc.).

My tips just related to Duromine? You cannot prepare for the side effects. They are many, they are varied, they will change or hit you at any time. You simply need to find out what they are and manage them then. Make sure you monitor how much water you drink along with your calories consumed. When you know your side effects then read some threads or make your own and people will help you out.

All the best x

Reactions: TeeDee67 and Rava
Hi everyone!
I have just started with the duromine journey, I started on Sunday to be exact.
I would like to introduce myself and love to know about other people’s experiences with duromine.
So my background story is that I have gained a lot of weight in the last 2 years. My doctor has warned me about type 2 diabetes so this year I have decided to do something about it. My doctor thought I would be the perfect candidate for duromine. I’ll be completely honest with you all, I was on the fence about the whole idea but decided to give it a go. I have known a few girls who have been on it and some love it and some hate it but It’s worth giving it a try.
So I am currently on my 3rd day and I’m experiencing some side effects. I haven’t slept well for the last few days. I literally wake up every hour. I also have experienced the dry mouth. The worst side affect is the nausea and light headed. I find I get it during the day around about 1-3pm. I currently work in a call centre so would it be me not being as active as I would like to be? Or would i not be eating enough?
I have small meals as I’m not hungry. And usually eat 3 times a day (breaky, lunch and dinner)
I love the results that I have lost 1.3 in 2 days and I really want to give this ago. I love to know any tips that you might have?

Loulou12 said:
Starting on 15mg today after not a very successful weight lose programme without it. Any tips?
Hi loulou!
I just started 3 days ago. Just wondering if you have had any side effects?
How are you feeling after your first day? :)

Hi Miss_samy
Welcome =)

What strength of duromine are you taking?
You should start to sleep better after the first week when your body gets used to duromine.

Dry mouth is annoying but does settle down a bit eventually but in the meantime keep a bottle of water on you and sip it as needed. I’m into week 5 now and I still don’t leave the house without a bottle of water because of it, although it’s not as bad now as when I started but I have noticed it gets worse on days that I drink less.

As for nausea and feeling light headed, I too experienced this at the beginning due to having no appetite and not eating enough. I still find that I get it occasionally on days where I haven’t eaten much meat/protein and filled my day with salad and fruits. So my advice to that would be to make sure that even though you are eating 3 times a day to make sure that you are getting enough of each food group throughout the day. Keeping a food diary really helps with being able to keep track of how what you consume effects your day.

Good luck with your journey :)

Reactions: Rava
Hi :)
I just started my duromine journey also on Monday and it’s Wednesday 2am and I can’t sleep, I did sleep from 9-11pm and now I’m wide awake! I think I got a few hours (maybe 4) of sleep the first night but it was broken sleep. I love my sleep so this isn’t good for me, but I really wanna drop this weight.

I’m 37 and had my 4th child in April 2016 and my 5th child May 2017 and one year on from that I’m struggling to lose the last 10kg so here I am :(
Before having my 2 children I was 64-65kg.

I started at 70kg (165cm tall) and I’ve lost 1kg in 2 days, not bad, 69kg is better than 70 I’ll take any loss. I actually got to 68kg myself but my sweet tooth helped me put on 2kg:( I exercise everyday for 50minutes and have always enjoyed exercising. I have an unhealthy relationship with food, I like it too much and I can’t have 3-4 biscuits I have to eat the whole packet!

I’m not hungry at all, but force down a bit of fruit first two days, I don’t even get thirsty but drink water anyways. Today will be day 3, I’m thinking I should actually eat something today even though I don’t feel like it, I’m actually turned of food, but don’t want my body going into starvation mode. So good to see food and not want it:)

I hope I can sleep soon cause it will do my head in, not enough to stop taking duromine tho. Only other side affect is excess energy, and I feel different but can’t explain how?

I’m on 30mg tablets for 30 days, and I’m sure my doctor won’t give me anymore as she was reluctant to give me these ones, I don’t wanna do it more than 30 days anyways cause it can’t be good for us! I’m going to make the most of these 30 days and then maintain the weight loss afterwards, got to just stop eating the sugar, cause I can’t do moderation!

Stargazer said:
Biancaturley, how much water are you drinking, if you’re not eating anything or eating very little? Dehydration can cause dizziness and feeling faint.

Duromine can potentially lower your blood pressure slightly which can cause similar symptoms- which drinking more water will help even if you feel you are sufficiently hydrated. You should report the palpitations and pain in your leg along with the dizziness to your GP when you see them next. At the very least they should check your blood pressure.

As Kate pointed out, fruit is high in fructose (sugar). It is impossible to cut all carbohydrates/sugars from your diet and nor should you try to- your body needs a certain amount of complex carbohydrates and simple sugars. Unless you are diabetic hypoglycaemia is unlikely to be your problem.

Having said that, some foods containing carbohydrates/sugar are better than others in the sense that if they also contain fibre, fat and/or protein this will slow the digestion of the sugar and give you a more even release of sugar into your blood stream thus avoiding a “peak” and “fall” that will result in feeling irritable, lethargic, tired, dizzy, etc.

The rate at which sugar is released into the blood stream by foods is referred to as the “glycaemic index”. If drinking more water isn’t your problem, and your blood pressure is normal, then perhaps you could opt for foods that have a low glycaemic index. If you’re interested, I have attached a simple chart that shows what foods are low, medium and high on the glycaemic index scale. Note the section on fruit- some fruits can cause a sugar spike and eventual crash (medium and high glycaemic index) while others are lower and may help your symptoms.

Hope this helps! Good luck! xx

Thank you for the GI chart!

Thanks for the tips determined93! I was reading a few threads last night when I was unable to sleep and some people had found eating small 6 meals and it helped with the dizziness and nausea. I may give that a go!
I find that I’m not hungry and that’s not like me. I’m normally a guts
But I have been forcing myself to eat something.
I’m currently on the 30mg.

Hi Dallas Mitchell
I know how you feel! I think I may of only got 4 hours sleep last night. I wake up nearly every hour. I love my sleep too so this is definitely a big change for me.
I am the same with the food. I used to be able to eat massive meals and graze all day. Now after taking duromine I feel like I have to force to eat. I think that’s what is causing my nausea.
Please keep in touch and let me know how you are going :) good luck

Hi Miss_samy :)

My sleep is exactly the same! I am on day 5 today and I have only had 1 night where I have gotten more than 4 hours. The waking up on the hour every hour is driving me crazy! I hope after a week or so it will settle down and I will start to get some great sleep patterns happening.

I was reading another post (I'm sorry can't remember the member's name) but she recommended an Epsom salt bath before bed, so I am actually going to try that this evening.

Hi Rava :)
I’m glad I’m on the only one that’s been experiencing sleep deprivation lol
It’s a terrible feeling going to bed early and trying to get some sleep only to be woken up every hour. You feel so drained the next day till your buzz kicks in!
Tonight I’m feeling a little different. I actually feel exhausted! I can’t wait to jump into bed. So fingers crossed that I get a good night sleep.
These threads are a life saver! So much information that is helpful! Let me know how the Epsom salts go. :)

Will do :). I actually managed to pick some up today that had lavender oil and green tea in the salts. I really hope this knocks me on my butt, and I manage a decent sleep.

Dallas Mitchell said:
I just started my duromine journey also on Monday and it’s Wednesday 2am and I can’t sleep, I did sleep from 9-11pm and now I’m wide awake! I think I got a few hours (maybe 4) of sleep the first night but it was broken sleep. I love my sleep so this isn’t good for me, but I really wanna drop this weight.

I’m 37 and had my 4th child in April 2016 and my 5th child May 2017 and one year on from that I’m struggling to lose the last 10kg so here I am :(

I started at 70kg (165cm tall) and I’ve lost 1kg in 2 days, not bad, 69kg is better than 70 I’ll take any loss. I actually got to 68kg myself but my sweet tooth helped me put on 2kg:( I exercise everyday for 50minutes and have always enjoyed exercising. I have an unhealthy relationship with food, I like it too much and I can’t have 3-4 biscuits I have to eat the whole packet!

I’m not hungry at all, but force down a bit of fruit first two days, I don’t even get thirsty but drink water anyways. Today will be day 3, I’m thinking I should actually eat something today even though I don’t feel like it, I’m actually turned of food, but don’t want my body going into starvation mode. So good to see food and not want it:)

I hope I can sleep soon cause it will do my head in, not enough to stop taking duromine tho. Only other side affect is excess energy, and I feel different but can’t explain how?

I’m on 30mg tablets for 30 days, and I’m sure my doctor won’t give me anymore as she was reluctant to give me these ones, I don’t wanna do it more than 30 days anyways cause it can’t be good for us! I’m going to make the most of these 30 days and then maintain the weight loss afterwards, got to just stop eating the sugar, cause I can’t do moderation!
Hi and good job on your first 1kg. I
Dallas Mitchell said:

Hi Dallas we have similar proportions. I started on 68 kg and I'm 161 cm so we're not obese just slightly over weight..... What was your reason for going on duromine. Ps good job with your one kilo

Reactions: Dallas Mitchell