Weight Loss Motivation

Madaselle said:
Hey Laura, are you concerned about putting weight back on when you stop?
I also have a big number to loose (35kg) so not as big as your, but enough to scare me shitless about the possibility having a lovely body for only the time it takes to gain it back without the tablets.
I've only just started (2 days) but have a clear plan regarding changing my diet, exercising more and seeing a dietician. I just worry it might not be enough. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Not at all. I've been off them for 2 months now and my weight loss is still consistant

My mini goal is to be less tired

Reactions: auroraB
I've never had the misfortune to come across anyone like that and for it to happen to your friend after all that struggle she went through! How heartbreaking. if it we're me I would have exploded at those girls. How dare they make someone feel bad for trying to better themselves. It takes an insecure person to belittle someone else so they can feel better. I truly hope your friend Tracy gives it another chance. Perhaps not the gym but a Pt training group. I know of one on the north side of Brisbane and they are supportive and inclusive. Please tell your friend not to give up hope - there are more people in the world who will help build you up but all it takes is one to tare you down. The trick is - don't let them. Don't let them get in the way of your happiness. They don't deserve your thoughts, they don't deserve your time wasted on their comments when you have so much in front of you. When you have ppl in front of you that love you and care foe you. It seems impossible but move on and forget it. The only person who can make you happy is you. I wish you all the best sandy and Tracy. I hope you both find the strength to try again. Lots of virtual hugs..

i'm allllllmost at my mini goal!!! im so excited. I'm hoping to reach it this time next week.
SW: 102.5kg
CW: 96.3kg
MGW: 95kg

Whoop! How exciting..
My mini goal is double figures..
SW: 106kgs..
Hoping it doesn't take long to get there..
Day two complete..

laura kate said:
The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you’ll never see the inside, if you aren’t patient while the outside is coming off!

This is such a simple explanation yet i never thought of it this way. This is a great little motivator for those of us who struggle to see where our hard work has gone lately. Its there. And the harder we work. The quicker our results will turn physical.

FIGHT THE FAT LADIES!!!

Absolutely love this analogy!!
Fabulous way to look at weight loss..
And congrats to you, what an Amazon effort!

Reactions: Deanna78
Soooo cool Madaselle!!! So cool indeed! Happy Dancing for you already!

Thanks! its been a rough 3 1/2 weeks though!!! my poor sore sore body and bored bored tastebuds

Reactions: Mumo3girls
weight-loss-motivation-quote-pick-your-hard.jpg

Xx

Reactions: Mumo3girls
IWantToBeHappy said:
I get frustrated when I hear people say "I'm giving up" (on trying to lose weight) for me it's not exactly trying.. It's just living and making that better.. I may be over weight, but I still love my self (unheard of usually)...

Reactions: Deanna78
I was posing the question of should you reward yourself if you reach your goal and in fact when you reach your milestone targets along the Way?
I think it fails obvious that all rewards should not be food orientated as this would defeat the purpose of changing to a permanent better you lifestyle.
Perhaps Clothes as milestone rewards. I have also noticed in photo,s of participants that people also tend to update there appearence with both clothes and hairstyles etc when they reach there goal.
This may be a confidence thing as before photos tend to show the desperation that they are feeling, in there dermeena and there clothes choice etc. Once the weight comes of the after photos show more of " now I have lost the weight I am back in the land of I give a damn about my appearance and I,m going to show of my new body "
Anyway I was thinking of taking my wife on a cruize as my reward for reaching my goal. I set this for the end of next year. This gives me time to get their as I know from experience that I will have some stumbling blocks on the way and if I get their earlier it gives me incentive to hold the goal weight for a period, learning how to hold my goal as well.

Let me know what you think both on milestone goals and what you plan for the ultimate Goal?
Steve

Hi Stephen4

In fact I totally agree with you about reward. Personally, I used to reward myself buying new clothes and makeup. Well, I am a woman))) But totally no junk food, because it is a road to nowhere. You got the point about milestone rewards - the longer the path the more visible your results. So, I support your idea, Stephen. Hope you'll see great changes soon, because it is such a pleasure to put on some smaller size brand new clothes! Wish you that. :)

Reactions: Mazaiese
My mini goals that I've completed
  • Weight under 100 kilos
  • Weight under 95 kilos
  • Weight under 90 kilos
My mini goal is now to get my weight under 85 kilos. I can do that...yes I can.

Hello all, I am Nikki.
my weight is 105 kg and i don't like this. I want to lose my weight but i don't feel motivated. tell me what to do?

Hi, Nikki :)
You are in the wright place now, here you can find a lot of motivation for weight loss! If you have some spare minutes, please cheack out some stories on our forum and you'll see that you can do pretty much everything if you have motivation. The hardest thing is to begin. Since you are overweight, it's gonna be a long way, but if have patience, you will lose unwanted kilograms. Do you have a Duromine prescription?

Reactions: April