Duromine & Insomnia

Nix6027 said:
Hi everyone,
Took my first tablet this morning at 5:30. Had a pretty full on 9 hour shift at work today. I am an OTA in aged care and work in a high dementia ward. Didn’t register any exercise today but my watch counted just over 15k steps.
Maybe I went wrong by having 2 cups of tea this morning and a coffee at 3PM. Food wise I did great. Protein bar for breakfast on drive into work. Spinach salad with 100grams of chicken
and 100grams of roast chicken and 1 cup of broccoli for dinner. Went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 11:05. Been awake since. :-/
Thankfully I am not working tomorrow/today. Do I skip a day? Or do I take my tablet and avoid caffeine? After my one day off I have 4 days of 9 hour shifts ahead of me.
Any thoughts?
About me:
I’m 49
164 cm
Current weight 81kg
Goal weight 70kg
Uuuh, many people here have sleep disorders :sleeping: You can find some old threads here. I've read before about insomnia on the Forum.

Hi @Nix6027 , did you skip your tablet? How do you feel?

Hi everyone I’m on day 3 of 30ml it’s given me lots of energy but I’m finding I’m struggling to sleep I’m up 1000 times during the night and having trouble falling asleep is this normal?

Slimslim said:
Hi everyone I’m on day 3 of 30ml it’s given me lots of energy but I’m finding I’m struggling to sleep I’m up 1000 times during the night and having trouble falling asleep is this normal?
I think it is from what I've read but everyone is different. Today I'm up at 5:30am which is unheard of lol. Enjoying my relaxed state until tablet kicks in then if yesterday is anything to go by I will be go go go :laughing:

Sweetskinny said:
I think it is from what I've read but everyone is different. Today I'm up at 5:30am which is unheard of lol. Enjoying my relaxed state until tablet kicks in then if yesterday is anything to go by I will be go go go :laughing:
Usually I won’t get out of bed till 9 but the last 3 days I’m up at 6.30 doing everything.

Reactions: April
I went to bed at 1am and kept waking up all night as well...

Cleona said:
I went to bed at 1am and kept waking up all night as well...
I feel so exhausted I’ve never been the best sleeper but never this bad.

Slimslim said:
I feel so exhausted I’ve never been the best sleeper but never this bad.
Same! It's crazy like yesterday I did 4 loads of washing before 9am... like that's not what I do:joy: But yet I'm so tired

Slimslim said:
What time are you doing it? I found in early days when first started I had to take at 5 n made sure I got sweat up few times over the day

Slimslim said:
I'm also struggling with the no sleep. I took my pill this morning at 4 cause I was still up. I think I have been napping but my mind is so loud im waking up every hr still with the same thoughts.

We are all newbies - so great we have this group to share our experiences!! GOOD LUCK to us all - we got this. Hopefully our side effects will settle down :)

7 hours walking none stop hopefully I sleep tonight!

• Wow
Reactions: April
Does anyone do 'before sleep' meditations here? :rolleyes:
Calm music or lulling sleep stories allowed me to sleep well during my Duromine course of treatment. I really love Calm.com - they are the best when it comes to a healthy deep sleep:innocent:

Reactions: Slimslim
Started my 1st duromine tablet yesterday n first thing I noticed was in a few hours I felt really hott, not sweaty just warm n had a horrible sleep tossing n turning all morning, no matter how much I squeezed my eyes shut just would move n move n move. Anyone else had these things happen when starting out??

Reactions: Pibo and BrezColin
Planor said:
Started my 1st duromine tablet yesterday n first thing I noticed was in a few hours I felt really hott, not sweaty just warm n had a horrible sleep tossing n turning all morning, no matter how much I squeezed my eyes shut just would move n move n move. Anyone else had these things happen when starting out??
I have had a bit of overheating n restlessness - but I put it down to my body being hungry for bad things n me not giving in to them. I exercise every arvo for 1-3hrs - I find this helps with the restlessness by burning off the excess energy.

Reactions: Planor
Planor said:
Yes! Lasted 1 week with me. Other side effects as well but once you see the weight fall off you don’t care about those side effects. :)

How did everyone go wit their eating habits while on it as well?? I'm doin ok I think but it's only day One, any food ideas or supplements would b helpful??

@Planor I am on my fitness pall and stay under 1500 calories. I have cut out sugar and go for wholemeal bread and pasta.

Pibo said:
@Planor I am on my fitness pall and stay under 1500 calories. I have cut out sugar and go for wholemeal bread and pasta.
What about lunches n dinner?? I'm not concentrating on calories just yet but I have had ,sushi salmon, eggs n wholemeal seed crackers. Thank u.

Planor said:
What about lunches n dinner?? I'm not concentrating on calories just yet but I have had ,sushi salmon, eggs n wholemeal seed crackers. Thank u.
You just have a look at some ideas and then put that in the app and see where that gets you. You might be way under and have some room for dessert. :)