Vee I haven't got it filled yet. So far I'm doing ok on my own. Will weigh in tomorrow and see for sure.

Weighed in this morning and have lost a kilo in a week. So now I'm 73kgs, 9-10 more to go. So near yet so far.... lol I've been replacing 3 or 4 dinner meals per week with a protein shake, which I find really easy to do. I've heard over and over that shakes are unsustainable in the long term... I'd agree if you had them for every meal, but replacing a few meals a week is easy peasy.

I would suggest making your own shake in the morning with proteins
Powder, berries etc.
I use a nurtra bullet which I love
Let if know how it's going? We were similar weights and goals xxx

Reactions: christine V
Hi vee. I've started the 5:2 diet. The best way of eating I have come across! My weigh is on tuesday, but I can already feel I've lost more weight. Still haven't got the 15mg script filled...

I know many people who are doing that and with great success.
Still suggest getting the 15mls script even every second day to take the edge off. I'm in the 62s still but trying to creep into the 61s.
Go hard this month as soon as it heats up in nov/ dec it can be harder to loose the weight.
Keep me posted! :) vee

Hello, I am just wondering if any of the posters here happens to be from Melbourne Australia? I am looking for a duromine friendly doctor. Can anyone help please? Congrats on everyones weight loss btw, I am very envious!

Well done on your one kilo weight loss - remember you are going down so that's all that counts :)
Take care x v

KatieB I'm in Adelaide, sorry. The first doc I asked wouldn't prescribe them for me. He put me onto another doctor in the same practice who would. He was dodgy as.... no questions, no blood pressure checks, nothing! He was writing the script before I even stood on the scale!
Edited: lost 2 kilo this week. 7kg to go :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply Christine! Well done on your weight loss too!

Morning everyone.. About a week and a half ago I took duromine for 5 days and then stopped due to heart palpitations, a tingly left arm and no sleep.. I checked with 2 doctors, and the the doctor who prescribed me the pill said this was normal and I can still take them, and then I had another doctor tell me I should stop taking them as it may get worse. I stopped taking them for about 5 days and I have just started again, however I have not had any symptoms besides a dry mouth, previously they would give me heaps of energy and now I can't feel anything.. Is this because my body is used to them?

Hi, Ashleigh,
Probably. First side effects usually go away in a few days, so it makes sense that when you stopped the pills and started after some time, your state has improved. Palpitations are normal, but not eveybody has it while on Duromine.

Reactions: Melissa 84
Hey guys it's issy here and im new to this forum, So Iv been on Duromine for 7 days now and Iv lost about 3.5 kilos, which I'm really happy about but I hardly have any changes in my body. I don't eat at all on this pill, I have never been much of eater before taking it but now all I consume is water. I get really bad mood swings and find myself always more tired, angry, depressed and emotional. I get around 5 hours maximum of sleep, sometimes only 3 or 4 hours. I get very high heart rate, which I really hate because it causes me to sweat more and sometimes my hands jitter but over all I guess I was aware of all these effects but I decided they were worth it because I couldn't wait to loose weight. I'm hoping to stay on the pill though for a full 3 months, just so I don't have to rush through this process. Does anyone have any idea though how much I might loose, given the circumstance?

Following this if u dont mind i feel simialr

Today is day 3 of taking Duromine 30mg.
I'm 161cm, 74kgs.
I haven't weighed myself since day 1.
The first day, I had your common "speed" feeling, Dry mouth.. Insomnia. Day 2, I just had dry mouth.
Today however, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the Duromine, But my skin is blotching purple all over! I have tingling sensations throughout my hands and my toes feel as if they're frozen. Dizzy, Slight headache and dry mouth.

I did read about all side effects but haven't seen any in regards to mottling skin.

Anyone else?

My head is starting to burn, So I'm booking A doctors appointment :) I have been known to have poor blood circulation, So hoping it's just because of that.

Okay, has anyone been having any strange side effects?

Mine have been

- Sex drive through the roof, I'm like the energiser bunny!

- Sweating a LOT! It's winter here, and I've been breaking out in a sweat from things that I normally wouldn't, it normally takes me ten minutes on the treadmill to break a sweat, now I'm sweating just from the walk to the gym!

- I can lift a LOT more, and push myself much harder at the gym, my squat has gone from 80 kilograms to 100 kilograms!!

I've also had the standard side effects, dry mouth, increased energy, a little insomnia etc.. But I'm still getting some cravings? I think it might just be emotional eating at the moment though, as this week I would have been 30 weeks pregnant with my twins :(

Anyone else, or am I a weirdo?

I sweat as well! It's winter here too and just walking 2 mins from my work to the train station (no hills or stairs) I'm sweating!

Definitely push harder at the gym and can last longer! Which is great!

Can't say the sex drive has changed! My boyfriend would have LOVED that though haha!

I'm 3 weeks in now so I think my stomach is used to my smaller diet. Only crave food when I smell it. I just have to walk or keep busy so I don't get tempted to taste!

I suppose it affects everyone differently. As long as it's nothing that could harm you then I think you'll be ok

Lol what you are feeling is pretty standard, don't feel like a weirdo! They do lessen the longer you continue to use Duromine :) but the energy and lack of appetite remain. I grind my teeth in my sleep, and have to use a mouth guard and have no appetite at all! And the dreams can get pretty trippy towards the 2 month mark...but like Collette said, it does affect each of us differently!

Hi, Im new here. Can I ask which dosage are you using? Doctor gave me 30mg but I've heard that only the 40mg works...

30mg works for me! ☺️ It's different for everyone!