• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Will My Doctor Prescribe Me Duromine??

Theoretically you have to have a Bmi of 30+ to be able to qualify(?) for a script in Australia.
However many doctors don't like it at all and won't prescribe. Mine said it was evil and caused more problems than it solved. Refused.
I ended up going to a bulk billing clinic as figured if this doctor said no at least I wouldn't be out of pocket.
Said my Bmi nudging 30 and weight making me sad and depressed. Losing confidence.
Also that I had signed up at the gym with a series of personal training sessions to start me off. (True). And would like to use it to kickstart losing weight, a healthier lifestyle and better eating habits. (True)
And that I had used Duromine in the past and not had any issues re blood pressure or heart etc. (not true).
Initially this doctor said no, hates the stuff, banned in America, very bad drug etc etc.
After some discussion he ended up writing me a script for 1 month. Interestingly he did not ask my actual weight, Bmi or take my blood pressure. Certainly won't get another script though.

Whatever you do DONT try and buy on the Internet. It really doesn't work and you'll get scammed and lose your money, even though the websites and their contacts seem convincing. Some even use this website and send you personal messages re buying etc. Also If you are in Australia customs is very tight now and it's very difficult to get past them as its classed as a class 4 drug. Highly likely to be confiscated.
I lost money to one of the websites that looks great and whose contact is John.
Do this the legal way and try doctors here. Someone will help you.
Good luck.
Kelly

Reactions: letsdothis
It really depends on your doctor. My doctor thinks Duromine is great, uses it herself from time to time. I was struggling real bad with lower back pain. She asked me how my back was going. I said not good, it would be fine if I could lose weight. She said I can help with that and prescribed Duromine, I had never heard of it. My BMI was 26, just in the overweight range but losing weight would greatly improve my back pain issue. And it sure did, no more chiropractor visits since losing the weight.

One suggestion, maybe not ask your doctor for Duromine straight up front. Just explain your situation and ask what he/she can do to help you lose weight, if Duromine isn't one of the options than mention it, you'll soon find out if your doctor is for or against it.

Bringingskinnyback said:
It really depends on your doctor. My doctor thinks Duromine is great, uses it herself from time to time. I was struggling real bad with lower back pain. She asked me how my back was going. I said not good, it would be fine if I could lose weight. She said I can help with that and prescribed Duromine, I had never heard of it. My BMI was 26, just in the overweight range but losing weight would greatly improve my back pain issue. And it sure did, no more chiropractor visits since losing the weight.

One suggestion, maybe not ask your doctor for Duromine straight up front. Just explain your situation and ask what he/she can do to help you lose weight, if Duromine isn't one of the options than mention it, you'll soon find out if your doctor is for or against it.

Definitely agree with Bringingskinnyback, don't go in there guns blazing asking for it as most doctors (you've never met) instantly question your motives. Back when i was 19 and was on it (I was only about 80kg's then) all my party friends wanted it, it was known as a party drug due to the synthetic speed. At that stage i couldn't tell anyone i was taking it because it was so sought after.

If you have a good relationship with your doctor it shouldn't be a problem. But you definitely need to find a doctor that is also kind of a mentor/psychologist/friend. I've had the same doctor since i was 18 and i love her to bits! She's seen me grow up and go through everything, but she is the most down to earth and understanding woman I have ever met. It really is trial and error. Don't be discouraged, keep trying docs until you find one that fits with you. The practice i go to is not bulk billing, but due to my history i never get charged to see her ever so i am very lucky. But honestly it is definitely worth the money to go to a private practice where you have to fork out the $75 then get the medicare rebate back (i know it's a pain in the ass).

You definitely are in the category qualifying to Duromine but it's scary that the doc never took blood pressure or BMI of you.

I have a bulk billing practice i quickly go to if it's something is urgent as my normal doctor is booked WEEKS in advance. And they are exactly the same, I had a migraine once and instead of giving me panadeine forte for it, the doctor prescribed me Tramadol (worst drug in the world, would not recommend on my life), this is a hardcore drug that cancer patients are prescribed. I didn't know anything about it until the next day i came to work and i was out of it (felt like my brain was 10 minutes behind my body), my boss who has frequent migraines lost it when she found out i was prescribed that. I had to go home because the effects of that drug lasts 24 hours. Never Again!

hi peeps - you can find a GP who's willing to prescribe at: FIND A DOCTOR
Just enter in your postcode and the nearest GP will come up on top!!!
Or you can check out this topic. Found lots of useful info

Nayde said:
Hi there,

I am wondering what measures doctors use to determine whether or not to prescribe duromine?

I am at a current weight of 97kg with a height of 163cm. This puts my BMI at 36.

I had my last baby almost 11 months ago but have struggled with weight gain. Breast feeding has not helped at all. I now weigh 5kg MORE then I did full term pregnant and I am 27kg heavier then when I conceived.

What have been your guys experience with doctors?
Im in Australia.... online doctor.... GP2U paid for fee... $69 meant to be a 20min ...lasted 2 mins...told em I had been on then yrs ago.... and regained weight.... and wham bam....2mins later he faxed a 40mg script to my chemist of choice....and I picked it up. So easy I nearly fainted.... no questions no back ground...2mins of my time...and $$ and I started my month course:)

Yeah same it was so easy , I also got a script for Valium and a new anti depressant !

Leann Zezelj said:
Im in Australia.... online doctor.... GP2U paid for fee... $69 meant to be a 20min ...lasted 2 mins...told em I had been on then yrs ago.... and regained weight.... and wham bam....2mins later he faxed a 40mg script to my chemist of choice....and I picked it up. So easy I nearly fainted.... no questions no back ground...2mins of my time...and $$ and I started my month course:)

Hi Leann,

Taking above advice... Can you remember the name of the doctor you booked with?

Thanks in advance ;)

Kaz11 said:
Hi Leann,

Taking above advice... Can you remember the name of the doctor you booked with?

Thanks in advance ;)

I am thinking of trying this GP2u there is only one male drs name coming up for every appointment any chance he is who youbhad success with?

Leann Zezelj said:
Leann Zezelj said:

Hi Leann
There is only one male Drs name when i went to make an appointment so you know for this who you had success with?

Maddie

does anyone have the name of a doctor on GP2U that has prescribed for them ? :)

My gp was fully booked so I had to see another that was available. She was reluctant at 1st. I explained firstly my situation. I dislocated my knee which she knew from a previous visit. I told her I'm struggling to do anything and the weight is increasing yada yada. I told her I've done all my research on duromine I know the risks etc. Story cut short she prescribed it to me. In saying that I know how desperate we can all get. As someone mentioned above, get it the legal way. You don't know what those phonies on the net could be selling you. And do your research. I'm still on the fence if I'm going to continue the course of the whole 3 months. My heart rythm feels like it's fluttering now and then. Anyway goodluck

Leabro said:
Yeah same it was so easy , I also got a script for Valium and a new anti depressant !

Which doctor did you book in with on GP2U ?

Nayde said:
Hi there,

I am wondering what measures doctors use to determine whether or not to prescribe duromine?

I am at a current weight of 97kg with a height of 163cm. This puts my BMI at 36.

I had my last baby almost 11 months ago but have struggled with weight gain. Breast feeding has not helped at all. I now weigh 5kg MORE then I did full term pregnant and I am 27kg heavier then when I conceived.

What have been your guys experience with doctors?

I'm in Australia and my BMI was only 26. I weighed in at 65kgs and am 155cm he was more than happy to give them to me and he asked me how much I wanted to lose. I said 10kgs and he shook his head and said I needed to loose more than that! He said ideally I should be around 45kg's!

He gave me 3 repeat prescriptions and I had to have a blood test. I guess it depends on the Dr. He also prescribed me valium to help me sleep. $100 for a month is expensive but so far on day 6 I'm already seeing the benefits. Good luck hunny

Reactions: Weightlossdespo
8irdy which doctor was this please tell.

Leabro said:
How did you do this. Any light you could shed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

8irdy said:
I'm in Australia and my BMI was only 26. I weighed in at 65kgs and am 155cm he was more than happy to give them to me and he asked me how much I wanted to lose. I said 10kgs and he shook his head and said I needed to loose more than that! He said ideally I should be around 45kg's!

He gave me 3 repeat prescriptions and I had to have a blood test. I guess it depends on the Dr. He also prescribed me valium to help me sleep. $100 for a month is expensive but so far on day 6 I'm already seeing the benefits. Good luck hunny

Hey girl what doctor do you see?? I want to see him!!

Hi guys,
I need a GP who will prescribe Duromine despite my BMI being in range.
I find it’s been the best anti depressant ever! I’m awake and productive and feel great. I have energy to exercise but I’m in healthy weight range now and GP won’t prescribe again. Anyone know a GP who will understand?
Thanks x

Reactions: Karzb1986