• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Will My Doctor Prescribe Me Duromine??

CarinaKerr

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
Hi :) I'm wanting to try and get a prescription from the Doctor for duromine but I'm not sure if I would be a candidate for it. I have used it before to "kickstart" my weight loss and I lost 10 kg. I then went off of Duromine and lost a further 18kgs. I'm now sitting at 94.7kg and I exercise every day for at least half an hour, eat a healthy clean diet and only drink water (and a good amount of it). But my weight still will not budge and hasn't moved for about 8 months. I'm wanting to just get Duromine again to kick start everything and get this weight off. My BMI is 35. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this weight range/BMI range and managed to get a prescription? I think it will be difficult to get at my local doctors as they have a very natural approach to weight loss, which I've tried their ideas but hasn't worked. Thanks!

I got a prescription two days ago with a BMI of 30.

23 yr old female

157cm

75kg

Where are you located?

Oh that sounds promising then :)

I'm 164 cms, 27 years old and 94.7 kgs with BMI 35.

And I'm in South Australia :) where are you located?

My BMI was 38 and still my GP would not give it to me. Some are just so stubborn!!!!:mad:
I started having high blood pressure and cholestrol due to my weight and he was happy to give me pills for that but not to lose weight and be healthy. It really does not make sense:oops:
Just try to convince him you know it is just something to help you get on your way and not a long term solution.
I hope you have better luck than I had;)

I
CarinaKerr said:
Oh that sounds promising then :)

I'm 164 cms, 27 years old and 94.7 kgs with BMI 35.

And I'm in South Australia :) where are you located?

I'm in Sydney

Oh that's no good Tania, doesn't make sense really why they wouldn't.

I have my appointment at 9.30 so fingers crossed :) but if I don't get it I'm going to try gp2u.com.au - they do a skype consultation with doctors who can prescribe duromine to you and either send you the script or send you the duromine through terry white chemist- so that might be worth a try for yourself :)

And hopefully my doc thinks like yours in Sydney :)

CarinaKerr said:
Oh that's no good Tania, doesn't make sense really why they wouldn't.

I have my appointment at 9.30 so fingers crossed :) but if I don't get it I'm going to try gp2u.com.au - they do a skype consultation with doctors who can prescribe duromine to you and either send you the script or send you the duromine through terry white chemist- so that might be worth a try for yourself :)

And hopefully my doc thinks like yours in Sydney :)
How did it go with your appointment?:oops: Really hope you got sorted!

Thanks Tania

Unfortunately my usual doctor would not prescribe it and told me I had to work harder, doing at least 2 hours a day of exercise, and see if that moves the weight then if that doesn't work then she'll prescribe it.

2 hours is quite hard but I've been doing it

CarinaKerr said:
Thanks Tania

Unfortunately my usual doctor would not prescribe it and told me I had to work harder, doing at least 2 hours a day of exercise, and see if that moves the weight then if that doesn't work then she'll prescribe it.

2 hours is quite hard but I've been doing it
I am so sorry to hear that!:oops:
If you can do 2 hours exercise a day I think you can achieve anything! Just keep at it. And maybe ask the ladies on here if they know of a Dr in your region who will prescribe.

Thanks Tania :)

I kept up with the 2 hours a day, but still nothing budged at all!

So I had my follow up appointment yesterday afternoon and the doctor prescribed the Duromine 30 :) yay :) so I can now start it today :)

So glad your doctor saw the light Carina! Onwards and upwards from here...keep us posted as to how your goi g now your on it.

Me too :) My doctor was actually away for family reasons for about a month so they gave me a new appointment with a visiting doctor - and it was soooo easy to get the prescription through her :)

I've started this morning and so far feeling great :)

How long have you been on it for?

Thats great news. Today is day 2. Im feeling good. Was slightly wired last night and at 11 my hubby told me to sit down and stop cleaning..lol.
I didn't sleep so well but still feel good this morning.

That's excellent :) And I really love the cleaning side effect :) I'm feeling good too :) Loving not getting tired in the arvy :)

I was awake ready to get up at 6.45...that is very unlike me! I really want to step on scales as I feel different but am going to wait for a week. I must be strong. Im struggling to eat much, im eating 3 mtimes a day but for dinner last nught I had to force myself to eat one small zucchini and bacon muffin. Jope im eating enough.

I am so happy for you to hear that! Know how frustrating stubborn doctors can be:oops:
Glad to hear it is working well for you, and the energy kick is a definite bonus!:p

Well I'm starting Day 3 today :) I weighed myself this morning and have gone down by 1.2kgs :)

I find weighing myself each day helps to motivate me :)

I'm not having any side effects but I am only sleeping for about 4 hours a night (usually I have 6 hours so not that much different). I don't feel tired though so that's ok :)

zucchini and bacon muffin sounds yummy :) I've been setting my alarm to remind me to eat :)

And Tania the energy boost is great :) helps with the motivation

milkncookies said:
I got a prescription two days ago with a BMI of 30.

23 yr old female

157cm

75kg

Where are you located?
Please could you let me know? :)

milkncookies said:
I

I'm in Sydney
Hi could I please please please get the details too.

Hi there,

I am wondering what measures doctors use to determine whether or not to prescribe duromine?

I am at a current weight of 97kg with a height of 163cm. This puts my BMI at 36.

I had my last baby almost 11 months ago but have struggled with weight gain. Breast feeding has not helped at all. I now weigh 5kg MORE then I did full term pregnant and I am 27kg heavier then when I conceived.

What have been your guys experience with doctors?