• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

What Are People Eating Whilst On Duromine!

• Thread starter christyheathcote
  • Start date
If you feel okay with that amount of food, you don't need more. However, I think you should eat bigger lunch. Do you get hungry between meals?

Tony666 said:
If you feel okay with that amount of food, you don't need more. However, I think you should eat bigger lunch. Do you get hungry between meals?

Thankyou!! I do still get little hunger pangs during the day but it's just my body telling me it needs energy so I eat something small and honestly I feel so full with whatever I eat now! And no, I have no desire to snack between meals at all. Just eating 3 times a day, I'm not completely strict either, the other day I had a small bit of spaghetti bolognase for dinner and before that I even had some honey chicken! It's all about moderation and combining diet with exercise. I'm now taking 30mg a day because I feel a stronger appetite suppressant, with 15mg towards the end of my nights I've started feeling the cravings kick in and they've always been the worst at night so I've started eating a few more calories during the day instead, even if it's just a piece of fruit :) and increased the dose.

Kendallsmummy said:
Hi lovelies !

Today is my day 3 on duromine for the first time ever!

SW: 79kg
CW: 76kg YES 3kg down already!!
GW: 59kg
UGW: 55kgs

So id love to lose atleast 20kgs while taking duromine

My diet for the past few days has been about 900 calories max, I'm so so concerned about over eating while using duromine because (obviously) I'm never hungry! I kind of miss the grumbling tummy feeling because it meant I was eating less and losing weight

but now I always feel full/not hungry and when I eat I'm starting to feel bad, like did I really need to eat if I'm not even hungry??
Does anybody have a 3 month result story for how much they lost and what diet they stuck to each day? I've been eating 900calories for the past 3 days and exercising 500 calories off (1hr workout per day)

Today's diet plan:

Breakfast: 100g Greek yogurt w/ muesli- 250 calories

Lunch: 2 small pears- 100 Cals

Dinner: for dinner I've just been having a tiny amount (about50-100g) of meat with fresh salad and call it 500 Cals

I usually keep my daily calories to 400 then have the salad for dinner

Opinions!? I'm looking at losing 18-20kgs within 3 months and getting married in 8months so I really want to reach my goal weight with the support of duromine and maintain my goal weight for the wedding!
Hi Kendallsmummy.
Congratulations on your weightloss you lucky girl.
Im having trouble getting a prescription as Drs around my area dont believe in these meds. Its so frustrating and I always leave feeling like I have been spoken to in a condescending manner. Have you any idea how I can get my dr to listen to me and at least let me try????
Cheers Swan.

Swan said:
Hi Kendallsmummy.
Congratulations on your weightloss you lucky girl.
Im having trouble getting a prescription as Drs around my area dont believe in these meds. Its so frustrating and I always leave feeling like I have been spoken to in a condescending manner. Have you any idea how I can get my dr to listen to me and at least let me try????
Cheers Swan.
Thankyou!

Aw thats no good. Have you tried seeing a different doctor? I told my doctor I've tried every diet and exercise program possible and I only lose a couple of kilos then rapidly gain it straight back and I'm having a lot of trouble doing it on my own and need some extra help, so he took my weight and measurements and determined that I was overweight, pretty much on the borderline to obesity and it was in my best interest to get some help. I've suffered from depression and compulsive eating disorder for most of my life after being put on a diet at 8 years old so I've always struggled with my weight and I'm so thankful that I've now found duromine! It really does help you stay on track.

Hopefully you get some help soon, just be open and honest with your doctor and say you've tried everything (if you have) and you need some help. Where do you live? Is there a town close by that you can see a doctor?

laura kate said:
Try to be realistic with your diet. Otherwise when you come off duromine you will put the weight back on. Bare minimum would have to be 1.100 cals per day. I do 1.200.
Hi, what did you eat when on duromine?

Emi said:
Hi, what did you eat when on duromine?
I eat whatever i want. As long as the day finishes under 1.200 cals. Its really that easy.

laura kate said:
I eat whatever i want. As long as the day finishes under 1.200 cals. Its really that easy.
Thanks for your reply

Hey, congrats on your achievement so far! This is a lifestyle choice, something that will hopefully stay around long after the duromine prescription is gone realistically we are all going to go out for decadent dinners with friends/partners eat take away with our kids... In my non medical opinion, allow yourself those treats (good company good food is better than feeling like your missing out and binging in front of the tv), just remember to minimize your portions, e.g instead of an entrée enjoy a glass of wine while others are eating theirs, order your main entrée size, and if you do want dessert it's okay to leave half of it on the plate... then be realistic .. okay I strayed from my healthy eating choices, I'm going to do an extra half hour on my walk and maybe 20 crunches before bed tomorrow night

letsdothis said:
Hey, congrats on your achievement so far! This is a lifestyle choice, something that will hopefully stay around long after the duromine prescription is gone realistically we are all going to go out for decadent dinners with friends/partners eat take away with our kids... In my non medical opinion, allow yourself those treats (good company good food is better than feeling like your missing out and binging in front of the tv), just remember to minimize your portions, e.g instead of an entrée enjoy a glass of wine while others are eating theirs, order your main entrée size, and if you do want dessert it's okay to leave half of it on the plate... then be realistic .. okay I strayed from my healthy eating choices, I'm going to do an extra half hour on my walk and maybe 20 crunches before bed tomorrow night

Hi, have you experienced any side effects after that glass of wine instead of an entree? Thanks

MARETTE said:
Hi, have you experienced any side effects after that glass of wine instead of an entree? Thanks
I have. It hits me like a tonne of bricks. One glass feels like I have had a whole bottle and that is even when I skip having the duromine that morning because I'm intending to have a wine that evening!!!!
:eek::oops::(:confused:o_O

Lol I have a pretty high alcohol tolerance so I have been OK. .. that's a little funny :) maybe try a wine spritzer (1/2 wine of your choice and 1/2 soda water or lemonade)

letsdothis said:
Lol I have a pretty high alcohol tolerance so I have been OK. .. that's a little funny :) maybe try a wine spritzer (1/2 wine of your choice and 1/2 soda water or lemonade)
Lol, the kinds of wine I drink are not the kind you add soda water or lemonade to. Everyone is effected differently. I don't mind cos it helps me cut down on alcohol anyway :)

Lol ☺ yep good point ... what is your wine of choice?

letsdothis said:
Lol ☺ yep good point ... what is your wine of choice?

Oooooo very hard question. Will be dependent on what I'm eatting but I'll tend to stick with a New Zealand Sav or an Australian Red. I'm loving Mont Alto Pinot Noir of late. Granted I'm not really drinking this year because my focus is weight loss but Im still a complete vino lover and appreciate good wine.

Sounds very nice ☺ totally understandable !

Duromine is a drug to help you lose weight AND get you into a healthy lifestyle. If you starve yourself while on Duromine - because it will suppress your appetite - you will fall back into old unhealthy habits once you go off it. And nobody can stay on Duromine forever.

It is important to find a healthy eating plan that works for you. There is a wealth of information out there and it can become confusing. I stick to a very low carb diet and no sugars. That works very well for me. Since I do not eat carbs I do not count calories.

Incorporate as much protein as you can. It keeps you fuller for much longer. Then fresh fruit and veg. Stay away from any food that contain preservatives. Basically eat "whole foods"- that is when you eat it, it should look the same as it did when it was raw - just cooked.

If you are not sure think about seeing a dietitian.

Thanks for your replies..I chatted to my Dr, who made it clear that uppers should never be mixed with downers..she asked me to consider just how serious I am to lose my weight..if I am not 100% committed then I should not be on it as its high risk..So I've decided to let go of alcohol for as long as I'm on Duromine (its not forever:) I love my wine & G&T's so its a real challenge, but it's just not worth it, alcohol can actually undermine the effectiveness of the drug as does coffee.

Reactions: IWantToBeHappy
Hi,

I've just start Duromine and I'm on day 3. I have lost my appetite and I'm literally forcing myself to eat. I was just wondering if anyone could share their diet whilst on Duromine.

Thanks in advance :)

I ordered lite n easy breakfasts and lunches on the 5 day option 1200 cal delivered to my work. I have to make dinner for my daughter & I at night. First week started last Tuesday and worked really well. Even though it's the lowest cal I wasn't hungry at all. I want to establish better planned meals so I just ate what's on the menu without really over thinking about it. Lots of water, few cups of tea and was a good week for the first week in.

ramond81 said:
Hi,

I've just start Duromine and I'm on day 3. I have lost my appetite and I'm literally forcing myself to eat. I was just wondering if anyone could share their diet whilst on Duromine.

Thanks in advance :)
First week I was not hungry and forced myself to eat some food, I went to a Dietitian referred by my Doctor, she said I wasnt eating properly and my body needs proper nourishment.. What she put me on was Breaky 3/4 cup Uncle Tobys Plus cereal and 1/5 cup Low fat Milk this will help constipation. Mid Morn apple/ Lunch Tossed Salad 100grms chicken of meat/ Pm 1/4 cup Nuts/ Dinner 100gms lean Steak 1 cup Veges/ Dessert small Tub Tama no sugar yoghurt/ I just eat what i can from this plan as not very hungry. She said I can continue on this after I loose the weight as all food groups in it. Hope this helps you