• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

What Are People Eating Whilst On Duromine!

• Thread starter christyheathcote
  • Start date
SevenOfNine said:
Definitely see if you can find a brand that doesn't contain soy, and see if that helps! There's such a variety of protein shakes out there, you might be able to find one that suits your body and doesn't bloat you or make you feel yuck.
:)

I hope so :( i really like the idea of having shakes everyday (many is against it but to each their own) as i did feel 'full healthy' with it..it stops sugar craving and i get all the nutrients im lacking if eating as i normally would .. (I even use it while pregnant - please consult ur doc first if anyone here wanna do so)

So sad when doc asked me to stop taking the shakes and eat low cals (800-900cals) and he was right, 3 days into D i lost 2.5kg. Be it just water weight bcse means my body bloat so much for 1 year.

I dont think the meal replacement made me gain 'fat' weight at all. Bcse while i put on weight i did notice my ring being tighter and i have indention on my feet from wearing socks and arms after carrying grocery bag even my shoulder from handbag strap, but i shrug it off thinking its normal lol silly me

So im sure my body retain water with the soy shakes.. I will try find protein shake with no soy and see how it goes but only after i finish my 3 months D :)

Rather than looking at the branding of the protein shake, have a look at the protein to carb and sugar amounts. Generally speaking one main difference between the "meal replacement' and 'protein' shake is the carbohydrate amount. Again those 'mass gain' protein shakes have tons of carbs and calories to help those that need it when doing intense weight lifting etc.

Also in general, the 'fancy' flavours are just adding sugar, so the plain ones are best as you can aways flavour them yourself with a bit of peanut butter (no sugar/salt types) or a banana (needs blending).

I'm positive there is one out there that you would like, it may just take some research.

Good point joe and that exactly what my coaches used to tell me, compare the carbs and sugar content of the shakes and always count the total calories of what im adding into it to make me feel satisfied / full as it tends to add up and i always make sure mine is below 300. (Plain water or use only 100ml low fat milk diluted with 200ml plain water)

Problem is, while it helps me not gaining much weight during pregnancy, it does add weight when im not and within a year i balloon up to 71.5kg.

Hence, my doc asked me to stop bcse the silent killer reason is that I may be SOY INTOLERRANT without knowing it (i carry on taking it for 1 year) and needs to find another brand / types of meal replacement should i want to try to give it a go again.

So far after 3rd day not on shakes and only on D ive lost 2.5kg. Be it only water weight bcse at least its progress.

But thanks for the info again. It helps those who are new with shakes or considering to take it :) maybe they'll be alert about the content of it rather than the hype/marketing of brand.

Hi all, i am on day 6 and have lost 4 kgs. I started off at 83kg so seeing 4 kils go is great! But im just not sure what to be eating (30mg).. that is sufficient enough but not too much. I usually take duromine around 6am mon-fri and whenever i wake up on weekends, i dont eat breakfast, il have a banana or a slice of toast around 10am. I havent been having lunch or dinner as im not hungry so il force myself to have another slice of toast or a museli bar.. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT PLEASE!!! . The last few days have been horrible- not being able to sleep and hearing every little noise possible to scare me! And have been a bit stressed and grumpy, hopefully itl change soon!

Hi, courts.
You should eat like you would do normally - 3-5 times a day. If you read our forum carefully you will see that's the whole point of losing weight - persistent diet but small portions 1200 kcal per day. If you don't eat or eat on mon-fi one way and then on weekends - another, nothing will help you. And unfortunately you will end up gaining weight back after you finish the pills. We created this forum to help people, so there's plenty information already. Just take some time and read. A lot of people do the same mistake - do not eat when on Duromine because they are not hungry. But of course! This pill suppresses appetite so that you can quit junk food and stop overeating, that's the effect. Your doctor should have warned you to eat properly. And exercise.

So here check this out

Starvation mode truth : WORTH reading
What is everyone eating?
Foods

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi lovelies !

Today is my day 3 on duromine for the first time ever!

SW: 79kg
CW: 76kg YES 3kg down already!!
GW: 59kg
UGW: 55kgs

So id love to lose atleast 20kgs while taking duromine

My diet for the past few days has been about 900 calories max, I'm so so concerned about over eating while using duromine because (obviously) I'm never hungry! I kind of miss the grumbling tummy feeling because it meant I was eating less and losing weight

but now I always feel full/not hungry and when I eat I'm starting to feel bad, like did I really need to eat if I'm not even hungry??
Does anybody have a 3 month result story for how much they lost and what diet they stuck to each day? I've been eating 900calories for the past 3 days and exercising 500 calories off (1hr workout per day)

Today's diet plan:

Breakfast: 100g Greek yogurt w/ muesli- 250 calories

Lunch: 2 small pears- 100 Cals

Dinner: for dinner I've just been having a tiny amount (about50-100g) of meat with fresh salad and call it 500 Cals

I usually keep my daily calories to 400 then have the salad for dinner

Opinions!? I'm looking at losing 18-20kgs within 3 months and getting married in 8months so I really want to reach my goal weight with the support of duromine and maintain my goal weight for the wedding!

Sweatheart you're not eatting enough!!!! 50g meat and fresh salad (I'm assuming you mean lettuce with maybe tomato or onion etc and no dressing) is no where even close to 500cals. You would be lucky if it's even 200 cals.

Im getting married in Fiji in November this year and i understand the need to be beautiful. But if you only eat 600cals everyday for 3 months you will of course lose the weight but your 110% guarenteed to put it all back on again as soon as you stop taking appetite suppressants!

Please be careful. Im worried about you now!
Xx

Reactions: Crazyme
IWantToBeHappy said:
Sweatheart you're not eatting enough!!!! 50g meat and fresh salad (I'm assuming you mean lettuce with maybe tomato or onion etc and no dressing) is no where even close to 500cals. You would be lucky if it's even 200 cals.

Im getting married in Fiji in November this year and i understand the need to be beautiful. But if you only eat 600cals everyday for 3 months you will of course lose the weight but your 110% guarenteed to put it all back on again as soon as you stop taking appetite suppressants!

Xx

Wellllll maybe 100g meat? And yes mainly just lettuce with cucumber and carrot, but I'm so lost I'm not sure what to be doing!

Oh really?? Congratulations!! That's so crazy because We're getting married in Vanuatu in October, so similar!

But yeah I'm just so scared of going back to how I used to, my whole life I've suffered from being over weight- my mum put me on a diet from 8 years old which I think gave me a really horrible yo-yo dieting relationship with food from such a young age :(

When I was 18 I weighed a heavy 72kgs but I lost 19kg all on my own in 3 1/2 months by exercising alllll day and hardly eating at all until I weighed 52kgs and I was becoming obsessive and yeah that weight was really hard to maintain, I gained 13kgs back and was still at a healthy 65kg for ages which was so easy to maintain and I still fit into everything!
Then I fell pregnant and gained 30kgs, and after losing most of it I just fell off the wagon again and can't stop gaining weight now that's why I started duromine.

This time I really really need to keep the weight off but I'm scared of eating and falling into the trap of eating when I'm not hungry, even though I know I'm only not hungry because of these pills and I need to create a healthy plan. Do you have any suggestions? I appreciate it! xx

Do you think maybe
IWantToBeHappy said:

Xx

Do you think maybe if I eat the same as I have been doing for the last few days, for 1-2 months to lose as much as I can, and then on the last month of duromine I can slowly start to eat more (still healthy meals) up to 1200-1300 and workout so I'm still losing weight but it won't be as drastic and might get my metabolism into a more sustainable routine to continue sticking to it after I finish the duromine?

Oh hunny, I so feel your pain. :oops: believe me I really do.

No one knows you better than you know yourself and what works for you, And I can understand your fear because it appears from what you've said that you have a history of being able to lose a significant amount of weight quickly then fall into a trap of gaining it back. For what ever reason, that has been your reality to date. No wonder you are scared! Xx

I want you to ask yourself these questions.

Why am I on duromine ? Is it to lose weight for my wedding or is it for long term?

If it's for long term then how are you going to break the cycle of losing then gaining it back?

Is an answer to that to change your eating habbits? Portion control? Binge eating? What's your poison?

Do you think what you are eating is sensible if you are truely honest with yourself? Do you think you will be able to keep eating like this when you stop Duromine? If you don't think you will continue being able to eat like this long term then make those changes NOW!!!

By making yourself eat something even when your not hungry doesnt mean you have to have a big meal or fatty food or crap. Look at all the beautiful celebrities out there who share their diets. They dont have just 2 small pears for lunch! They have lots of little meals to keep their metabolism fast so that their bodies are constantly burning fuel instead of slowing down.

When people say they snack on nuts, it doesnt mean a hand full of salty fatty peanuts. It means 6 raw almonds. When people say they have an afternoon snack, it doesnt mean they have a can of coke and a donut. It means they have a carrot or apple.

You have to STOP thinking that eating will start bad habbits again. Eating the wrong food will start those habbits. Over eatting will start those habbits. Bordom eating will start those habits. Eating food that will sustain your body and give it the nutrients it needs is a good habbit. Don't substitute one bad eating habbit for another sweatheart by not eating.

Remember, you are taking a prescription medication that fools your mind into thinking your not hungry. Don't confuse that with your body no longer requires sustenance.

I've probably writen too much here and you'll go cross eyed just trying to read it lol but if you ever want me to rant on more just let me know :)
Xx

Reactions: letsdothis
Kendallsmummy said:
Do you think maybe

Do you think maybe if I eat the same as I have been doing for the last few days, for 1-2 months to lose as much as I can, and then on the last month of duromine I can slowly start to eat more (still healthy meals) up to 1200-1300 and workout so I'm still losing weight but it won't be as drastic and might get my metabolism into a more sustainable routine to continue sticking to it after I finish the duromine?

Look, I don't know and I'm not qualified to say. I would think that you have already tried in the past to eat very little and over exercise and you lost heaps of weight but it was too hard to maintain and you gained two thirds of it back in 3 & 1/2 months. I'll put it to you this way, if you do that again in the same time periods, it will be right before your wedding!

On a side note, I would be surprised if the Dr would give you a third month prescription if you had lost all that weight in 2 months???

As I said before, only you knows you best, but with lack of food comes lack of energy and a person can only keep running on no energy for a period of time before other things in their life start to suffer.

I've lost 9.2 kilos in 6 weeks. And that was with not starving myself. If i repeat that in the next 6 weeks that means I will have hopefully lost over 18kg in 3 months. Sounds good doesn't it!!! :cool:

Xx

IWantToBeHappy said:
Oh hunny, I so feel your pain. :oops: believe me I really do.

No one knows you better than you know yourself and what works for you, And I can understand your fear because it appears from what you've said that you have a history of being able to lose a significant amount of weight quickly then fall into a trap of gaining it back. For what ever reason, that has been your reality to date. No wonder you are scared! Xx

I want you to ask yourself these questions.

Why am I on duromine ? Is it to lose weight for my wedding or is it for long term?

If it's for long term then how are you going to break the cycle of losing then gaining it back?

Is an answer to that to change your eating habbits? Portion control? Binge eating? What's your poison?

Do you think what you are eating is sensible if you are truely honest with yourself? Do you think you will be able to keep eating like this when you stop Duromine? If you don't think you will continue being able to eat like this long term then make those changes NOW!!!

By making yourself eat something even when your not hungry doesnt mean you have to have a big meal or fatty food or crap. Look at all the beautiful celebrities out there who share their diets. They dont have just 2 small pears for lunch! They have lots of little meals to keep their metabolism fast so that their bodies are constantly burning fuel instead of slowing down.

When people say they snack on nuts, it doesnt mean a hand full of salty fatty peanuts. It means 6 raw almonds. When people say they have an afternoon snack, it doesnt mean they have a can of coke and a donut. It means they have a carrot or apple.

You have to STOP thinking that eating will start bad habbits again. Eating the wrong food will start those habbits. Over eatting will start those habbits. Bordom eating will start those habits. Eating food that will sustain your body and give it the nutrients it needs is a good habbit. Don't substitute one bad eating habbit for another sweatheart by not eating.

Remember, you are taking a prescription medication that fools your mind into thinking your not hungry. Don't confuse that with your body no longer requires sustenance.

I've probably writen too much here and you'll go cross eyed just trying to read it lol but if you ever want me to rant on more just let me know :)
Xx

Aw haha thankyou so much!! No, I really appreciate all your input.
And I really do understand everything you're saying. I ask myself everyday when I over eat, WHY? and it's always mindless eating, all the time for no reason! I think my biggest downfall is because I'm a stay at home mummy and I really don't have many friends/hobbies/money to keep myself busy and occupied! I'm often just at home and always reaching for food for comfort. I think changing that will be a huge stepping stone for me, just learning that food isn't needed for fulfilment, it's needed purely for fuel. I just hope when I reach my goal weight I am able to control my appetite, I see so many women lose weight then keep the weight off for years and wonder how they do it, I've been in the dangerous yo-yo dieting cycle for 13 years now I think it's just hard wired into my brain and it's going to be so hard to overcome but I really really want to, I want it for long term success. I want to know what it's like to be skinny and STAY skinny because whenever I've only ever been skinny for a few months at a time :(

Another thing I'm TERRIFIED of.. After our wedding my partner and I are planning to fall pregnant again and last time I gained 30kgs because I had so many cravings and gave into them, thinking 'this is the one time in my life I'm actually allowed to gain weight' so I'm worried I'm going to stuff up all my hard work again -.- it's a seriously long hard lifestyle to maintain but it's something I'm going to have to do ☺️

Thankyou so much for your input!!
I'm still pondering around the house feeling bad for eating those pears haha! I don't want previous eating disorders to come back, I just want to be healthy and stay thin forever

Ps- IM sorry for my ranting, you really don't have to listen/ respond

Candy xx

Kendallsmummy said:
Aw haha thankyou so much!! No, I really appreciate all your input.
And I really do understand everything you're saying. I ask myself everyday when I over eat, WHY? and it's always mindless eating, all the time for no reason! I think my biggest downfall is because I'm a stay at home mummy and I really don't have many friends/hobbies/money to keep myself busy and occupied! I'm often just at home and always reaching for food for comfort. I think changing that will be a huge stepping stone for me, just learning that food isn't needed for fulfilment, it's needed purely for fuel. I just hope when I reach my goal weight I am able to control my appetite, I see so many women lose weight then keep the weight off for years and wonder how they do it, I've been in the dangerous yo-yo dieting cycle for 13 years now I think it's just hard wired into my brain and it's going to be so hard to overcome but I really really want to, I want it for long term success. I want to know what it's like to be skinny and STAY skinny because whenever I've only ever been skinny for a few months at a time :(

Another thing I'm TERRIFIED of.. After our wedding my partner and I are planning to fall pregnant again and last time I gained 30kgs because I had so many cravings and gave into them, thinking 'this is the one time in my life I'm actually allowed to gain weight' so I'm worried I'm going to stuff up all my hard work again -.- it's a seriously long hard lifestyle to maintain but it's something I'm going to have to do ☺️

Thankyou so much for your input!!
I'm still pondering around the house feeling bad for eating those pears haha! I don't want previous eating disorders to come back, I just want to be healthy and stay thin forever

Ps- IM sorry for my ranting, you really don't have to listen/ respond

Candy xx

We can rant away together!! I too ponder around the house. I quit my high flying job a year ago because of health reasons and for the past year all I've done is eat, drink wine, and hate myself for doing it. I have nothing BUT time to focus on losing weight. And I think this forum is a god send to share those concerns, fears, and successes!

You WILL succeed at this because you are a mum now and you have a little girl that's watching your every move!!!

And stop that silly thinking about the pears!! Compare it to all the crap you used to eat and be proud of yourself :cool:

Xx

IWantToBeHappy said:
We can rant away together!! I too ponder around the house. I quit my high flying job a year ago because of health reasons and for the past year all I've done is eat, drink wine, and hate myself for doing it. I have nothing BUT time to focus on losing weight. And I think this forum is a god send to share those concerns, fears, and successes!

You WILL succeed at this because you are a mum now and you have a little girl that's watching your every move!!!

And stop that silly thinking about the pears!! Compare it to all the crap you used to eat and be proud of yourself :cool:

Xx
Yess that sounds perfect, I love a ranting buddy I do love this forum too, during pregnancy I joined a pregnancy forum and it was so good being able to talk and relate to so many other women and the same for this one.

Hahaha those damn pears they're actually the least of my worry at the moment, my fiancé took me out for an early valentines dinner tonight which was all you can eat with seafood and everything which is what he really wanted to try and there wasn't a menu to order off so I had to get it and didn't want to wage his money. But now I'm so worried I over ate!! I wanted to not waste his money and get some money's worth but also keep within my calories now I don't know if I ate too much and I feel so horrible I ate really really slow because I wasn't even hungry at all and i tried to get some meats aswell as salads even though it's still not the healthiest :/
I only ate 350 calories during the day then had this plate for dinner, do you think it would be too much for my daily intake?? it's a bit of pasta salad, honey chicken, mini spring rolls and green salad. I estimated it to be about 850 calories so I would stay within 1200 for the day but now I'm worried!
image-jpg.462

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 951
I'm going to be really honest with you here ok so please don't take offence xx

You are kidding yourself if you 'estimate' the calorie content in food. Unless you are a dietitian or nutritionist its basically impossible to 'estimate' what's in food until you have done your research and can remember what's in things to make an educated guess. I appologise if you already have that knowledge xx

Well done for eatting slowly, that's a great tip for preventing over eating.

Secondly, you are only on day 4 and your partner took you to an all you can eat. These gorgeous fiances have no idea do they. Mine keeps asking me if I want pizza for dinner lol then I feel so bad when I see his face after I've yelled "I'm on a blimming diet so of course I don't want pizza!!! " lol

Maybe tell your fiance that if he is going to take you to an all you can eat again then he needs to be prepared that you won't be eating his money's worth!!

You are trying to loose weight to better your life but you will send yourself crazy loopy and around the bend if you spend every waking minute worrying if you've eatten too much.

I've read so many posts on here of people starting over Christmas. Some people obstained from all the yummy food and some people ate till their little hearts were content and then got back on track after Christmas. Two completely different ways of going about it but they decided what they wanted to do so they were happy and that's what's important. This is your last Valentines day before you get married so make sure you're smiling through it xx

Being on Duromine should not be a 3 month sentence with you beating yourself up everytime you eat. You should be excited about your strength and determination.

Maybe do some online research about how calories effect your body and how eating too few can effect mantaining long term weight loss. Research foods that are best to fuel your body whilst it's losing weight?

Ok. That rant sounded like my mother giving me a lecture. Sorry. I promise you that my suggestions to you are coming from a respectful, caring and well intended place xx

Reactions: gwenie75 and JMA767
IWantToBeHappy said:
I'm going to be really honest with you here ok so please don't take offence xx

You are kidding yourself if you 'estimate' the calorie content in food. Unless you are a dietitian or nutritionist its basically impossible to 'estimate' what's in food until you have done your research and can remember what's in things to make an educated guess. I appologise if you already have that knowledge xx

Well done for eatting slowly, that's a great tip for preventing over eating.

Secondly, you are only on day 4 and your partner took you to an all you can eat. These gorgeous fiances have no idea do they. Mine keeps asking me if I want pizza for dinner lol then I feel so bad when I see his face after I've yelled "I'm on a blimming diet so of course I don't want pizza!!! " lol

Maybe tell your fiance that if he is going to take you to an all you can eat again then he needs to be prepared that you won't be eating his money's worth!!

You are trying to loose weight to better your life but you will send yourself crazy loopy and around the bend if you spend every waking minute worrying if you've eatten too much.

I've read so many posts on here of people starting over Christmas. Some people obstained from all the yummy food and some people ate till their little hearts were content and then got back on track after Christmas. Two completely different ways of going about it but they decided what they wanted to do so they were happy and that's what's important. This is your last Valentines day before you get married so make sure you're smiling through it xx

Being on Duromine should not be a 3 month sentence with you beating yourself up everytime you eat. You should be excited about your strength and determination.

Maybe do some online research about how calories effect your body and how eating too few can effect mantaining long term weight loss. Research foods that are best to fuel your body whilst it's losing weight?

Ok. That rant sounded like my mother giving me a lecture. Sorry. I promise you that my suggestions to you are coming from a respectful, caring and well intended place xx
I mean, of course I know how to count calories and how many calories are in foods, I've been dieting for my whole life I just wasn't sure what the actual quantity of the food I had was. Like in 100g of honey chicken is 210 calories but I have no idea if I had more then that or how many grams of pasta salad I had so I was estimating the sizes and added the calories up that was closest to that.

Yeah I got upset at him and told him in not eating all you can eat but we did have it planned before I went on duromine so I was planning on ordering a salad from the menu but it was only an all you can eat buffet available tonight so I just got the one plate and ate as less food as possibly throughout the day because I knew dinner was going to be a lot.
I'm just doing a big workout now before bed and tomorrow is a new day. I'll continue on with my new healthy lifestyle and make sure he doesn't take me to any more buffets, strictly salad menus

What are your results so far on duromine?

T
Kendallsmummy said:
I mean, of course I know how to count calories and how many calories are in foods, I've been dieting for my whole life I just wasn't sure what the actual quantity of the food I had was. Like in 100g of honey chicken is 210 calories but I have no idea if I had more then that or how many grams of pasta salad I had so I was estimating the sizes and added the calories up that was closest to that.

Yeah I got upset at him and told him in not eating all you can eat but we did have it planned before I went on duromine so I was planning on ordering a salad from the menu but it was only an all you can eat buffet available tonight so I just got the one plate and ate as less food as possibly throughout the day because I knew dinner was going to be a lot.
I'm just doing a big workout now before bed and tomorrow is a new day. I'll continue on with my new healthy lifestyle and make sure he doesn't take me to any more buffets, strictly salad menus

he main reason I'm so worried to eat on duromine is because I'm afraid if I do then it will stop the appetite suppressant effect from working. Right now I'm only on 15mg and it's perfect, I love not having an appetite so every time I eat I'm worried if somehow I'll ruin my diet and make the duromine not work. I just become so consumed and obsessed when I'm dieting, I just really really really don't want to fail this time, I want to be skinny and stay skinny forever

Kendallsmummy said:

My results so far are 9.2 kg lost in 6 weeks.
SW 85.7kg (6 weeks ago)
CW 76.5kg (this morning)

Reactions: gwenie75
IWantToBeHappy said:
My results so far are 9.2 kg lost in 6 weeks.
SW 85.7kg (6 weeks ago)
CW 76.5kg (this morning)
Oh wow! That's really good so far :)

I'm also 76kg this morning, yesterday I was 76.5kg but I don't usually count grams. From losing 1kg per day the first 3 days to only losing a little bit yesterday I know that I will never ever eat like I did last night again!! Not worth it haha even though it wasn't too much food for my daily calories I do know it wasn't the right type of food. I think duromine really does help us to learn good eating habits for long term success, because years ago when I would diet fro fast weightloss I would still eat junk food, chocolate and lollies but in smaller quantities and burn them off, now on this new diet with duromine I don't want to eat any of those bad things and if I do I feel really really bad about it even if I burnt it off! That sounds promising for me when I finish my cycle because it should teach me to continue eating healthier options and smaller portions :)

Congrats on your weightloss! I look forward to following more of your journey :)

Try to be realistic with your diet. Otherwise when you come off duromine you will put the weight back on. Bare minimum would have to be 1.100 cals per day. I do 1.200.

Reactions: Kezza65