What Am I Doing Wrong??

S

Shaney

Standard Member
Jan 19, 2021
Soooo it’s my first time taking Duromine I’ve been put on the 40mg for a month to see how it goes I’m 114.5kg and really hoping to get under 100 before August! Ive been taking it for two weeks now alongside very clean eating (very low carb high protein) and a 45 minute HIIT class six days a week and have lost nothing I’m starting to feel really deflated as I’ve read stories of people loosing up to 6kgs the first week! Am I doing something wrong any pointers on how to drop some kgs soon would really be appreciated!

Reactions: SlimStephen
Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441

Premium Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hi, @Shaney! We all are different. Don't compare yourself to other people and continue your diet. Have you lost some kilos?

April

April

Staff member
Staff member
Jan 13, 2017
Soooo it’s my first time taking Duromine I’ve been put on the 40mg for a month to see how it goes I’m 114.5kg and really hoping to get under 100 before August! Ive been taking it for two weeks now alongside very clean eating (very low carb high protein) and a 45 minute HIIT class six days a week and have lost nothing I’m starting to feel really deflated as I’ve read stories of people loosing up to 6kgs the first week! Am I doing something wrong any pointers on how to drop some kgs soon would really be appreciated!
It may happen sometimes. You're not alone.
How many calories do you eat per day? How about your sleep? Your water intake is also important. Try to stick to 3 liters per day to get properly hydrated and speed up your metabolism. :kissing_heart:

S

Shaney

Standard Member
Jan 19, 2021
It may happen sometimes. You're not alone.
How many calories do you eat per day? How about your sleep? Your water intake is also important. Try to stick to 3 liters per day to get properly hydrated and speed up your metabolism. :kissing_heart:
I’m eating between 1200-1400 calories a day sleeping about 6.5-7hrs (have a 5 month old ) and drinking 3 plus litres a day due to the dry mouth haha

S

Shaney

Standard Member
Jan 19, 2021
Hi, @Shaney! We all are different. Don't compare yourself to other people and continue your diet. Have you lost some kilos?
It’s just so hard to keep finding the motivation when I’m not seeing results i hope I see some different numbers on the scales next week

S

SlimStephen

Standard Member
Oct 10, 2020
I lost 27.5kg in 4 1/2 months.

Have you changed your eating habbits and doing daily exercises. Are u drinking heaps of water?

Last edited by a moderator:
ShelleyBris

ShelleyBris

Standard Member
Jan 23, 2017
Brisbane
I have not really heard of 6kg in 1 week before, when I started, I was lucky if I got 1kg in the first 2 weeks. In the 3rd and 4th weeks it gets a little better. For me it was NEVER fast, I was averaging about 3kg a month if lucky.

You sound like you are doing everything right. I'm sorry to ask this, but do you drink alcohol as well? This can really impact the efficacy of Duromine. (Like I said, sorry to ask)

I know what you mean about the dry mouth, that never ends by the way LOL

Give it another 2 weeks, BUT also consider getting the doctor to check your muscle mass as well, if your muscle mass is increasing with the extra exercise, this could be giving you false weigh in data. They have this fancy scale thing with hand readers etc that reads it all.

Please keep at it, it's worth it in the end, I had such a slow start but came home strong. To give you confidence my stats are Start Weight 147kg, Current Weight 109kg (This was over 18 months - I told you it was slow) :laughing:

Shelley