• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
@rosiekaym
I started on the 15 mg and after a week went up to the 30!
How are you going with it so far?
I've only lost 2 kg in two weeks and am soo bummed and annoyed!!
I ate well before hand and wasn't losing weight but wasn't gaining so really thought duromine would help!:(

Hi, don't stress too much right now. My weight-loss started out slow, but 4 months on, I'm glad I stuck with it! (Have lost +/-15kg so far, and have dropped from size 20 to size 16 pants). Just stick with making better food-choices than you used to.

@ChelseaPearshape thanks for the advice! :)
I actually eat really well, I always have, but have just found out I'm not eating enough! Was having about 900 cals a day. So hopefully having 1200 calories a day will help

Are you following a specific eating plan?
Do you need to lose weight, eventhough you were eating too little?

I am diabetic, and I'm following the basic principles of banting/Tim Noakes diet.

I'm following the meal plan from the Michelle bridges 12 wbt!
I was having900 calories a day, little did I know your body needs 1200 a day and for a female following a diet should still be consuming 1200 a day! Then when I started on duromine I was literally only eating dinner because I just wasn't hungry

I googled Michelle Bridges to see what you are talking about. Nice idea, with support and all. I also used to eat only in the evenings. Since I started banting, I eat during the day as well.

hey guys i have just started on the 15mg and i feel great my apart from the dry mouth i try and eat 3 times a day but im never hungry so ive been drinking heaps of water... cant really eat anything with sugar as it makes me feel sick has anyone else been like that? so after 5days i have lost 3kg so i am pretty happy

Heya hope yere all good, ive just started duromine 30mg this is day 4 for me, seriously taut about not taking it today sun just to relax and get a good nite sleep which I haven't had yet, I wake up every hour its weird so tired but cant stay asleep.
I take it at 6 am I was wrking yest and I honestly taut I looked off my head had to keep wiping my lips so dry cotton mouth.
I wudnt mind if it was a nice feeling but im feeling kinda down and disconnected in my own little world.
I really want this to work for me and im hoping cause its ny first few days it will get better , just really need to loose this weight and start living again.
hoping any of ye have the same experience to the way im feeling,, need abit of positivity and hopefully I will pay it back
thanks for reading :)

I'm on day 3 of duromine and feeling tired. No appetite though. Daily intake is about 800 to 1000 calories. Lost 1.8 kgs.

S.W. 107.1 kg
C.W. 105.3 kg
G.W. 68 kg

Malik said:
I'm on day 3 of duromine and feeling tired. No appetite though. Daily intake is about 800 to 1000 calories. Lost 1.8 kgs.

S.W. 107.1 kg
C.W. 105.3 kg
G.W. 68 kg
Hi, Malik. Are you eating enough? You might feel tired becuase of insufficient amount of calories. You are a man so the numbers are little bit different than in women. 800-1000 kcal are definitely not enough for you(( Make it at least 1500. And exercises. Even cardio will add you some energy I promise.

Reactions: nellybly
Hi katie, hope your well, just wondering do u know if duromine 30mgs can be taken every 2nd day, had such a bad day yest didn't take one today so id get some sleep tonite, im only on day 5,I read some people do it but just wondering is it ok ? thanks in advance ;)

Kate said:
Hi, Malik. Are you eating enough? You might feel tired becuase of insufficient amount of calories. You are a man so the numbers are little bit different than in women. 800-1000 kcal are definitely not enough for you(( Make it at least 1500. And exercises. Even cardio will add you some energy I promise.

Hi Kate, I was definitely not eating enough. Almost collapsed in market yesterday. Sweating, jittery, weak. Bought 3 bananas rightaway and ate like a nomad lost in the outback. Had 400 cal. dinner too. I've increased intake and starting treadmill today. It's the 5th day and I'm down 3.2 kgs :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kate
Rhi0601 said:
Oh I was hoping you had the same thing as me!! Lol. My immune system cells are attacking my thyroid, so my metabolism is slow hense making it as hard as possible to lose weight.
If you'd like to keep in touch let me know, would be interesting to see how someone else with an autoimmune disease goes on duromine! X
Hi there, I too have just started duromine30mg and have a under active thyroid. This is the second time I have used it. First time I lost 15kg. Life got in the way and I put it back on. Last ditch effort before lap ban surgery. Good luck

Ok my story.....I lost 80kg on my own 7 years ago....going from 140 kg to 60 ( have seen scales at 58 but that was a stressful time of my life) I've held stead at 60-62 for 6 years... Changed jobs got bored no work gym and old habits returned n so did 15 kg....appalled at myself....headed back to gym but my head just isn't clicking like it did last time...9 months on I'm fluctuating between 74- 67 kg...then I sabotage my self n back up to 74 kg....so at 71.4 kg I went to dr today n begged for 30 mg she refused as"u have done it before" she relented n gave me 15 mg....never had duromine before...took my tablet at 11am as soon as I got it...I wished she's given me 30 mg .... I pray this will work n the 15 mg is enough....by the way I run 5.2 k 3 days a week gym for60 minutes 3 days a week n walk every workday at lunch for at least 30 minutes n I take my puppy for 30 minute walks at least 5 days a week so I not lazy...yes dr has tested everything nothing showing....and my diet is excellent no processed food lots of vegies etc all except for my chocolate...my love hate relationship....so this is me hopefully there will be less of me in the future

Rosie I was diagnosed with lupus a few months back no one has mention to me weight issue....I'm off on a Internet crusade to see wot I can find ...thanks for the tip

Hi Lodd
What height are you?
For me 67-74 kilos would still be in a healthy weight range, because I am tall. If you were short this may put you into the overweight or obese category.
It is great that you were able to lose all of that weight, on your own too.
Do you have kids? How old are you?
All of these things are factors with weight loss.
You seem to be doing more than enough exercise.
Good that nothing has shown up in any tests, but doesn't explain your weight gain unfortunately.
It took a couple of days for the D to really kick in with me. I expected to feel different from the get-go but it kind of built up and by day three I was feeling the effects. By the middle of week two the side effects were quite bad. So wait a while before you make any judgements that it is working or not.
Sounds like you know what to do so I don't need to tell you how to lose weight as you have done it all before. You could probably give me quite a few tips. Use the D to help you stay on track and develop some better habits. That is what I am doing.
Keep us all updated on your progress and good luck.

I a 43 year old mother 3 (21,23,24) girls n a shorty at 162 cm...your progress smick is excellent...yes I'm hoping D gives me the boost I need....oh n I'm off on a cruise in 3 weeks n my clothes don't fit n I refuse to buy more....I'm petrified ill gain....did I mention I love food lol...I gather that's all of us here....see some people call us fat I call us gourmet lovers lol

Wow Lodd, your girls must be so proud of you that you lost and kept all of that weight off.
Yes, I am definitely a gourmet lover. My biggest problem has always been portion control and the D has helped me get this in check. I also did not move very much at all and now I think I have incorporated exercise into my life and I move way more.
A cruise does not have to be a recipe to gain weight. I find that when I am eating off a buffet, I tend to have a lot of small portions as I serve myself. If I order off a menu I will get a whole plate of one thing and I am the kind who will just eat whatever is on my plate.
Eat small amounts of only what you love. That way you won't miss out on a thing.The D will help you with that.

SimoneAP said:
Thank you Maxiefrog and congratulations to your son and his wife to be! You can definitely do it. My doctor told me that duromine does work, you have to take it at the same time everyday and after 3 days it starts working with your brain. She also indicated that I should try and cut my carb intake as protein keeps one fuller for longer and carbs makes one hungry quickly.... And.... Eat only when you hungry.
I've always been struggling with my weight and it's made me so unhappy, I can't feel this way in my wedding day!
All the best, let's stay in touch! So happy I have support too xx
Hi SimoneAP, I was in the same boat as you this time last year. I got married in Nov so started taking Duromine in Sept. I was on Duromine for 3 months in total (30mg). I lost 20+kg in those 3 months & to be honest, I actually didn't exercise much. The only exercise I done was walking (we don't own a car & live in the city, so everythings within walking distance).
Unfortunately, I've put all the weight back on that I lost & had to beg my doc to put me on Duromine again.
I decided to take redundancy from my job when offered last Oct (so I've been off work for a year now as I was at my job for over 10 years - the payout was goood!!). Anyways, just letting you know that it def does work. I weighed 154kg & got down to 127kg by the time I got married. Everyone noticed that I had lost weight & I actually didn't really notice I had lost weight until I went for my final wedding dress fitting where they had to take it in!
So now I'm on day 3 on 40mg. I had to beg my doc to put me on it again. At least now I know what I need to do to lose the weight & hoping I can lose more this time. (FYI - I'm currently 145kg).

Reactions: Lodd
Emz91 said:
hey guys i have just started on the 15mg and i feel great my apart from the dry mouth i try and eat 3 times a day but im never hungry so ive been drinking heaps of water... cant really eat anything with sugar as it makes me feel sick has anyone else been like that? so after 5days i have lost 3kg so i am pretty happy
Hi there.. just out of curiosity with the 3kg loss, is it fluid or noticeable for example your clothes are less fitting? Im about to start as soon as I receive my duromine!