• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Well, today marks the end of week 1 on Duromine. It's a little frustrating not being ably to weigh myself (away for work) but there not much I can do about that! I'm trying to remain positive about it all but i'm finding it a little odd. About 8 years ago when I was on D, my body was constantly racing with energy, there was the usual dry mouth but I could definitely 'feel' it working. My metabolism was through the roof! I must have lost 4kgs in the first week. This time... it's very different. It's like i'm taking tablets for dry mouth. The appetite suppression lasted maybe 2 days. I have no extra energy and my sleep has been completely normal. I'm out like a light by 10.30 every night. I've stayed VERY strict with my calorie/nutrition intake and walked (briskly) for at least 45 mins every day, but I feel no change at all. Using my 'so tight I can barely fasten them' jeans as a measure... the fit EXACTLY the same as they did a week ago.

While i'm not completely disheartened, i'm a little perplexed as to why this might be the case. The only difference this time is they are iNova brand instead of 3M - and I have more to lose, which usually means faster loss.

Anyway, that's my one week done. Feeling a little ...'meh' about it all.... but staying focused.

Reactions: Melmo
Good to see you are staying focused! Well done with your motivation. Sounds like you are really determined. What dosage are you on? I know what you mean about feeling the duromine. I find I really really feel it when in then 40mg. You might be in for a nice surprise when you get home and weigh yourself as you may be losing from other places to start with. Keep up the good work. I haven't been so good with excercise but really need to get back to it. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Melmo
Hi everyone! Feeling nervous, starting with D 30mg tomorrow. I've used it once before but gave up. I give up on diets all the time, I just feel I can't make it.
Now I don't have a choice, I'm engaged getting married in 7 months. Weighing 95kg and hoping to be 70ish on my wedding day!
Wish me good luck, I'm so happy I found this forum.. I truly don't feel so alone!
My biggest fear is being s fat bride! Here is to day 1 This is the start of something great!!! Good luck to everyone starting. Xx

Aaaahhhhh so excited lost over 5kg and went down a pants size, feeling great but I am now on 30mg and not sleeping but fingers crossed that goes soon and my husband is telling me I am far to moody but health come first this time

That's incredible!!! Good on you! The moodiness often is a sign your body is needing good calories. Some grilled chicken or avocado/tomato on a rye cracker will usually calm down the 'crazy' :)

Good luck! It sounds like you're doing great things!

Reactions: Tania Werner
Welcome dear!
You are not alone surely, we are here to support you now. And I must say, your current weight is not that big (I used to be bigger LOL) so let it be your starting motivation to believe that this time you will make it.

Congratulations on your engagement! We ladies, want to look perfect in this day more than anything else in the world))) True. So I wish you a good luck and stay strong, believe you can do this. Just follow your plan and don't be too hard on yourself. Look through the forum, there are lots of useful information form all of us. Have a great day!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rosie, now you made hungry))) I got to try this grilled chicken or avocado tomato on a rye cracker too. Could you please give a full recipe of it? I love to collect new dishes to my recipes notebook.
Looking forward to your great results! Trey'll come soon.

Tania, fantastic result! Congrats. But you got to try to sleep better. And moodiness will pass. Maybe some sedative means will help? Try something natural, herbal.
Go girls!

Thanku Kate!! This is such a great support group! And the world out there deems fat as unacceptable! It's a wonderful feeling knowing that I'm not alone!
I appreciate your reply xx

Thanks girls I am feeling very proud of myself at the moment and I even tried to make myself sushi tonight with brown rice boiled chicken carrot and cucumber and it was so yummy, as for the last week I have been eating 100grams of steamed basa and vegies so it was so good to have a change

Congratulations on your engagement SimoneAP, I started Duromine yesterday as I too have a wedding to attend soon. My youngest son announced his engagement on 22 sept and as they have been together for 5 years they have decided to get married this December, which dosent give me a lot of time to shed some weight. I realise that I only have a few weeks but I am hoping to shed about 10kgs before the wedding. I say shed because every time I have lost weight I have always found it Nd more again. I am so pleased to have found this forum to have others to share this experience with.

Reactions: SimoneAP
Thank you Maxiefrog and congratulations to your son and his wife to be! You can definitely do it. My doctor told me that duromine does work, you have to take it at the same time everyday and after 3 days it starts working with your brain. She also indicated that I should try and cut my carb intake as protein keeps one fuller for longer and carbs makes one hungry quickly.... And.... Eat only when you hungry.
I've always been struggling with my weight and it's made me so unhappy, I can't feel this way in my wedding day!
All the best, let's stay in touch! So happy I have support too xx

Hey I'm Rosie
I'm 20yrs old currently weighing 88kg and 170cm tall. My doc gave me 40mg Duromine to take after I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and things just were not working for me in the weight loss department. I'm hoping to get down to 68kg, a total of 20kg loss.
So far it's been 1 day on the 40mg and I'm having only a dry mouth and feeling a bit spacey side effects, my appetite is somewhat suppressed but I'm not feeling energized really.
To be honest I'm hoping it will just remain feeling like this because I'm terrified of getting heart palpitation side effects etc since I'm prone to anxiety anyway.
I'd love to have someone to stay in contact with on a regular basis who is also going the Duromine journey :) If you're interested let me know.

Hello :)
Just curious as to what autoimmune disease you were diagnosed with?
I've been diagnosed with thyroid disease and taking duromine for the same reason

Hi Rosie,
I just finished my first week and would love a weight loss buddy (or buddies) :)

It's my third time on duromine, but I never stuck with it before, and now I'm the biggest I've ever been and I HATE it!! Seriously!! I'm a woman on a mission now!! But I need all the support I can get, and hopefully will be able to provide some too!!

Xx Beth

@Rhi0601
Hey! I've been diagnosed with sjogrens syndrome (Show-grins) took me ages to learn to say it haha. It's an inflammatory condition, but I found on Duromine some of my symptoms from this were relieved, my back wasn't as achy and I wasn't extremely tired just on a normal level.

@Beth75
Hey Beth!

I know the feeling! And I'd love to be your weight loss buddy! It's tough losing weight and we need all the support we can get and eventually we will be a healthier hotter version of ourselves, and for that I cannot wait!

feel free to add me on facebook if you have it and we can stay in touch on here :)

I find these pages also motivating and inspirational, and try to look at them daily or when I'm feeling crappy.

Oh I was hoping you had the same thing as me!! Lol. My immune system cells are attacking my thyroid, so my metabolism is slow hense making it as hard as possible to lose weight.
If you'd like to keep in touch let me know, would be interesting to see how someone else with an autoimmune disease goes on duromine! X

@Rhi0601
Mine does a similar thing but not hormonally, mine's inflammatory and inflames my intestines, stomach, joints etc so my metabolism also runs slow. Feel free to add me on facebook as well :) We can keep in touch and see how we go, hopefully we'll both see some big results! Also what dose are you on?
x

Yay!! :laughing: I'm excited!
So how was your first day??

I don't have Facebook at the mo, a bit hopeless with social networking haha, but I believe you can direct message on this site. We'll work something out!!
Xx

rosiekaym said:
Hey I'm Rosie
I'm 20yrs old currently weighing 88kg and 170cm tall. My doc gave me 40mg Duromine to take after I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and things just were not working for me in the weight loss department. I'm hoping to get down to 68kg, a total of 20kg loss.
So far it's been 1 day on the 40mg and I'm having only a dry mouth and feeling a bit spacey side effects, my appetite is somewhat suppressed but I'm not feeling energized really.
To be honest I'm hoping it will just remain feeling like this because I'm terrified of getting heart palpitation side effects etc since I'm prone to anxiety anyway.
I'd love to have someone to stay in contact with on a regular basis who is also going the Duromine journey :) If you're interested let me know.
Hi. It's nice to chat with here to sharing what was myexperience with duromine 30mg one year ago..I was took 6weeks with 30mg .was65kg down to 57.5kg... I lost 11kg to 12kg..but unfortunately .. I went to few times holiday . I been had a lot of food ..were out of control with food .. My weight all back to 68kg now.. I went to see doctor again this time . He still gave me 30mg one.. I started from today .. Effect same as last time . Dry month . And don't feel like to eat .. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonite. Cause last year when I with 30mg.. Couldn't get much sleep.. Always keep me feeling excite ..