Want To Be My Weight Loss Buddy?

rosiekaym

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
Western Australia, Australia
Hey I'm Rosie
I'm 20yrs old currently weighing 88kg and 170cm tall. My doc gave me 40mg Duromine to take after I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and things just were not working for me in the weight loss department. I'm hoping to get down to 68kg, a total of 20kg loss.
So far it's been 1 day on the 40mg and I'm having only a dry mouth and feeling a bit spacey side effects, my appetite is somewhat suppressed but I'm not feeling energized really.
To be honest I'm hoping it will just remain feeling like this because I'm terrified of getting heart palpitation side effects etc since I'm prone to anxiety anyway.
I'd love to have someone to stay in contact with on a regular basis who is also going the Duromine journey :) If you're interested let me know.

Rhi0601

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
Ballina, NSW
Hello :)
Just curious as to what autoimmune disease you were diagnosed with?
I've been diagnosed with thyroid disease and taking duromine for the same reason

Beth75

Standard Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hi Rosie,
I just finished my first week and would love a weight loss buddy (or buddies) :)

It's my third time on duromine, but I never stuck with it before, and now I'm the biggest I've ever been and I HATE it!! Seriously!! I'm a woman on a mission now!! But I need all the support I can get, and hopefully will be able to provide some too!!

Xx Beth

rosiekaym

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
@Rhi0601
Hey! I've been diagnosed with sjogrens syndrome (Show-grins) took me ages to learn to say it haha. It's an inflammatory condition, but I found on Duromine some of my symptoms from this were relieved, my back wasn't as achy and I wasn't extremely tired just on a normal level.

rosiekaym

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
@Beth75
Hey Beth!

I know the feeling! And I'd love to be your weight loss buddy! It's tough losing weight and we need all the support we can get and eventually we will be a healthier hotter version of ourselves, and for that I cannot wait!

feel free to add me on facebook if you have it and we can stay in touch on here :)

I find these pages also motivating and inspirational, and try to look at them daily or when I'm feeling crappy.

Rhi0601

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
Ballina, NSW
Oh I was hoping you had the same thing as me!! Lol. My immune system cells are attacking my thyroid, so my metabolism is slow hense making it as hard as possible to lose weight.
If you'd like to keep in touch let me know, would be interesting to see how someone else with an autoimmune disease goes on duromine! X

rosiekaym

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
@Rhi0601
Mine does a similar thing but not hormonally, mine's inflammatory and inflames my intestines, stomach, joints etc so my metabolism also runs slow. Feel free to add me on facebook as well :) We can keep in touch and see how we go, hopefully we'll both see some big results! Also what dose are you on?
x

Beth75

Standard Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yay!! :laughing: I'm excited!
So how was your first day??

I don't have Facebook at the mo, a bit hopeless with social networking haha, but I believe you can direct message on this site. We'll work something out!!
Xx

Ivy Tj

Standard Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hey I'm Rosie
I'm 20yrs old currently weighing 88kg and 170cm tall. My doc gave me 40mg Duromine to take after I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and things just were not working for me in the weight loss department. I'm hoping to get down to 68kg, a total of 20kg loss.
So far it's been 1 day on the 40mg and I'm having only a dry mouth and feeling a bit spacey side effects, my appetite is somewhat suppressed but I'm not feeling energized really.
To be honest I'm hoping it will just remain feeling like this because I'm terrified of getting heart palpitation side effects etc since I'm prone to anxiety anyway.
I'd love to have someone to stay in contact with on a regular basis who is also going the Duromine journey :) If you're interested let me know.
Hi. It's nice to chat with here to sharing what was myexperience with duromine 30mg one year ago..I was took 6weeks with 30mg .was65kg down to 57.5kg... I lost 11kg to 12kg..but unfortunately .. I went to few times holiday . I been had a lot of food ..were out of control with food .. My weight all back to 68kg now.. I went to see doctor again this time . He still gave me 30mg one.. I started from today .. Effect same as last time . Dry month . And don't feel like to eat .. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonite. Cause last year when I with 30mg.. Couldn't get much sleep.. Always keep me feeling excite ..

Rhi0601

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
Ballina, NSW
@rosiekaym
I started on the 15 mg and after a week went up to the 30!
How are you going with it so far?
I've only lost 2 kg in two weeks and am soo bummed and annoyed!!
I ate well before hand and wasn't losing weight but wasn't gaining so really thought duromine would help!:(

ChelseaPearshape

Standard Member
Jun 11, 2014
East Rand, South Africa
Hi, don't stress too much right now. My weight-loss started out slow, but 4 months on, I'm glad I stuck with it! (Have lost +/-15kg so far, and have dropped from size 20 to size 16 pants). Just stick with making better food-choices than you used to.

Rhi0601

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
Ballina, NSW
@ChelseaPearshape thanks for the advice! :)
I actually eat really well, I always have, but have just found out I'm not eating enough! Was having about 900 cals a day. So hopefully having 1200 calories a day will help

ChelseaPearshape

Standard Member
Jun 11, 2014
East Rand, South Africa
Are you following a specific eating plan?
Do you need to lose weight, eventhough you were eating too little?

I am diabetic, and I'm following the basic principles of banting/Tim Noakes diet.

Rhi0601

Standard Member
Oct 18, 2014
Ballina, NSW
I'm following the meal plan from the Michelle bridges 12 wbt!
I was having900 calories a day, little did I know your body needs 1200 a day and for a female following a diet should still be consuming 1200 a day! Then when I started on duromine I was literally only eating dinner because I just wasn't hungry

ChelseaPearshape

Standard Member
Jun 11, 2014
East Rand, South Africa
I googled Michelle Bridges to see what you are talking about. Nice idea, with support and all. I also used to eat only in the evenings. Since I started banting, I eat during the day as well.

Emz91

Standard Member
Oct 20, 2014
hey guys i have just started on the 15mg and i feel great my apart from the dry mouth i try and eat 3 times a day but im never hungry so ive been drinking heaps of water... cant really eat anything with sugar as it makes me feel sick has anyone else been like that? so after 5days i have lost 3kg so i am pretty happy

nellybly

Standard Member
Sep 9, 2014
Heya hope yere all good, ive just started duromine 30mg this is day 4 for me, seriously taut about not taking it today sun just to relax and get a good nite sleep which I haven't had yet, I wake up every hour its weird so tired but cant stay asleep.
I take it at 6 am I was wrking yest and I honestly taut I looked off my head had to keep wiping my lips so dry cotton mouth.
I wudnt mind if it was a nice feeling but im feeling kinda down and disconnected in my own little world.
I really want this to work for me and im hoping cause its ny first few days it will get better , just really need to loose this weight and start living again.
hoping any of ye have the same experience to the way im feeling,, need abit of positivity and hopefully I will pay it back
thanks for reading :)

Malik

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2013
I'm on day 3 of duromine and feeling tired. No appetite though. Daily intake is about 800 to 1000 calories. Lost 1.8 kgs.

S.W. 107.1 kg
C.W. 105.3 kg
G.W. 68 kg

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
I'm on day 3 of duromine and feeling tired. No appetite though. Daily intake is about 800 to 1000 calories. Lost 1.8 kgs.

S.W. 107.1 kg
C.W. 105.3 kg
G.W. 68 kg
Hi, Malik. Are you eating enough? You might feel tired becuase of insufficient amount of calories. You are a man so the numbers are little bit different than in women. 800-1000 kcal are definitely not enough for you(( Make it at least 1500. And exercises. Even cardio will add you some energy I promise.

Reactions: nellybly

nellybly

Standard Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi katie, hope your well, just wondering do u know if duromine 30mgs can be taken every 2nd day, had such a bad day yest didn't take one today so id get some sleep tonite, im only on day 5,I read some people do it but just wondering is it ok ? thanks in advance ;)