Very short sleep cycles

mchillies

Premium Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hello,

I’ve been on Duro 30mg for three days now (early days) and I knew that insomnia could be a problem. I have fallen asleep fine, just a little later then usual (about 11:30pm). Unfortunately, both nights I have woken up only after a few hours; 4:30am the first day and 3:30am the second day. I am wide awake when I wake up and cannot fall asleep at all. I obviously know that 4-5 hours sleep a night isn’t great for the body.

Has anyone experienced this? Does Duromine peak after a certain amount of hours even after sleep?

Each morning I have taken Duromine at 5am (with the aim of going back to sleep for a couple more hours) as to avoid the insomnia. Any tips?
Thank you!

Dre

Staff member
Premium Member
The Slayers Team
May 10, 2015
melbourne
Hello,

I’ve been on Duro 30mg for three days now (early days) and I knew that insomnia could be a problem. I have fallen asleep fine, just a little later then usual (about 11:30pm). Unfortunately, both nights I have woken up only after a few hours; 4:30am the first day and 3:30am the second day. I am wide awake when I wake up and cannot fall asleep at all. I obviously know that 4-5 hours sleep a night isn’t great for the body.

Has anyone experienced this? Does Duromine peak after a certain amount of hours even after sleep?

Each morning I have taken Duromine at 5am (with the aim of going back to sleep for a couple more hours) as to avoid the insomnia. Any tips?
Thank you!
Hey mchillies
this is normal, in fact it happened to me this morning :p
i went to bed fine at 10pm and i woke up at 3am and i can't go back to sleep,
having said that, i have had the most Roller Coaster of a week at work,
and in my experience with duromine our state of mind plays a huge role in how this wonderful drug works :)

i also didn't exercise yesterday and i wasn't drinking enough water!
that was my own fault and i should practice what i preach on this forum lol
these things are so important when taking duromine..

also try skipping a day here and there, it's an old trick but it works,
you will find that on the 'days off' you will still have the magic that duromine gives you.

stay positive
Hugs
Dre

mchillies

Premium Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi Dre,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it! I’m glad to know that others have experienced this too. Hmm, I definitely agree that the last couple of days I haven’t had as much exercise that I usually do. My usual job as a teacher has now become working from home- I guess sitting in front of a computer screen for hours isn’t so great for burning that energy
A big workout today it is! I’ll give a go to the day off every now and then too :)

Take care,

Mchillies

Reactions: Dre

EllieBellie

Standard Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello,

Thank you!

When I started duromine, I had a few days of strong insomnia. Hard to fall asleep, slept lightly, woke easy and couldn’t go back to sleep.

I adapted a bit by either deliberately going to bed quite late (so no ‘lying awake unable to sleep and now it’s been hours and I’m going insane’) or washing up and as soon as a felt a bit tired, going right then to ‘catch the moment’. I found I needed white noise more than I used to, as sounds that normally wouldn’t bother me now did.

It did pass. I found that after a week or so, I was sleeping mostly like I used to. I wouldn’t feel tired as early as I used to (which was good) and if I took my pill at 6am I could generally roll over and go back to sleep for up to 4 hours before it forced me to wake. Obviously, not on work days. ;) But sleeping in or taking the pill early and going back to sleep is a good way to skip ‘the hungries’ before the suppressant kicks in.