• ā˜ļøA newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available nowā—ļø With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight šŸ“‰!

Tips On Getting Duromine If You Cannot Get It Prescribed

B

Busymum

Standard Member
Jun 19, 2014
I was just wondering if anyone has some advise about getting a prescription from a doctor that is not your regular doctor? My doctor refuses to write a prescription to anyone for duromine. Do I keep making one off appointments with new doctors in the hope that one of them will prescribe it? My confidence is so low and I'm scared a new doctor will react the same way my doctor did( was really annoyed that I even asked and didn't want to hear my reasons for wanting to go on duromine). Any advise or personal experiences would be so greatly appreciated.

Hello :)
May I ask, do you fit the usual 'numbers' criteria to get the script? (If you Dr wasn't adverse to it)?

If you do, I'd go to another Dr & lay it all out to him / her. Be frank, realistic & explain how much you need to minimise your appetite & what it means to you.

Mr Dr was reluctant but after I truly came out with it all - he said yes.

Love to hear back how you go...
Good luck x

Hi all,

I see many threads begging for help with doctors that will prescribe easy prescriptions. Please bear in mind, you probably wont get it prescribed if at a healthy weight range because it is a risk to the practising doctor. Furthermore, very rare that these threads give details as it can cause the person to lose their prescription if doctor is caught and stripped of their license.

I have managed to be prescribed duromine before so i will share my tips. I currently get my 40mg supply from a friend at a pharmacy. I pay $300 but only use for one month intensive. I am currently 4 days in if you need to see results. Check out my threads.

Tips for prescription
1. Try a local medical centre. Usually the doctors here see all kinds of patients and they dont ever expect you to come back. I got my prescription through a medical center doc.
2. Say you have been on it before. Know your mgs and it may help convince he is not the first doc prescribing.
3. Sob stories. Mention increased appetite and rapid weight gain have made you feel off. My doc prescribed because i mentioned i could not stop eating and was scared to get back to 102kgs. Even if you never had a huge weight issue they dont know that
4 WEAR HEAVY CLOTHES TO MAKE YOU LOOK LARGER. High cut tops, baggy pants, fake stomach padding. I have spoken to many people who go to great lengths
if they weigh you place something heavy i your pocket or bra to add that extra weight.

Finally, keep trying. You may not get it first go, but you also may.

Let me know if anyone is successful with my tips

Tash xx

This post is concerning. A person should not have to exaggerate &/or fake issues to get a prescription from some "random" doctor.
You need a trusted doctor who can monitor your progress.
Please people honesty is the best policy ....ALWAYS!!!! But especially when it comes to your health

Natasha1993 said:
Hi all,

I see many threads begging for help with doctors that will prescribe easy prescriptions. Please bear in mind, you probably wont get it prescribed if at a healthy weight range because it is a risk to the practising doctor. Furthermore, very rare that these threads give details as it can cause the person to lose their prescription if doctor is caught and stripped of their license.

I have managed to be prescribed duromine before so i will share my tips. I currently get my 40mg supply from a friend at a pharmacy. I pay $300 but only use for one month intensive. I am currently 4 days in if you need to see results. Check out my threads.

Tips for prescription
1. Try a local medical centre. Usually the doctors here see all kinds of patients and they dont ever expect you to come back. I got my prescription through a medical center doc.
2. Say you have been on it before. Know your mgs and it may help convince he is not the first doc prescribing.
3. Sob stories. Mention increased appetite and rapid weight gain have made you feel off. My doc prescribed because i mentioned i could not stop eating and was scared to get back to 102kgs. Even if you never had a huge weight issue they dont know that
4 WEAR HEAVY CLOTHES TO MAKE YOU LOOK LARGER. High cut tops, baggy pants, fake stomach padding. I have spoken to many people who go to great lengths
if they weigh you place something heavy i your pocket or bra to add that extra weight.

Finally, keep trying. You may not get it first go, but you also may.

Let me know if anyone is successful with my tips

Tash xx
May I ask where you are based? You talk about clinics which reminds me of london but do not think it will work that way in australia as they will tell you to wait to see your regular GP; but thanks nonetheless,

budgethefudge said:
This post is concerning. A person should not have to exaggerate &/or fake issues to get a prescription from some "random" doctor.
Please people honesty is the best policy ....ALWAYS!!!! But especially when it comes to your health
Well I am now considered to be in healthy weight range (so probably not worth the risk for a GP) despite having a belly and being very active, so what would you recommend; other than my PT, eating healthy and playing sport 4 times a week...?

Reactions: Rach_kylie
ozzie said:
Well I am now considered to be in healthy weight range (so probably not worth the risk for a GP) despite having a belly and being very active, so what would you recommend; other than my PT, eating healthy and playing sport 4 times a week...?[/QUOTE

Ok...I don't know if your question for me is based on sarcasm. But I will still answer honestly, from what information you have provided.
Firstly, I'm sorry you must have the wrong idea of what duromine does. It's not a magic pill that eliminates belly fat. You sound like you are doing all the right things ...???good diet, you excerise and you are in the healthy weight range.
Duromine suppresses appetite and I wish it had other powers, but it doesn't. Everything else the person positively gains from the medication is then from things like will power and excerise.

So if, like you stated, you already have a healthy lifestyle then who has told you duromine will help your belly fat?
It would be unhealthy for you to be on duromine. Because you would have to take your healthy lifestyle into an extreme one.
Did you know that sometimes a person can lose weight all over their body and become under the healthy weight range, but still have a belly? There are certain excerises to help the "belly", depending on why you have the belly fat to begin with. Different problems need different strategies eg. post partum belly fat would need a different work out and diet change, then to a person who has a belly from excessive weight loss. Even with excerise some problems can't be resolved. It depends on your genetics and skin elasticity.
I'm a nutrionist and genetic councillor NOT a doctor so I can't tell you what to medically do. Even with my background knowledge I can't specifically help you, over the Internet. I would recommend you see a professional that can go through everything face to face.

Please everyone duromine is a prescription medication for a reason. To get the medication you have to fit the requirements and tick all the boxes. Yes there are certain doctors that won't prescribe it, even if you do meet the guidelines. That's when you can take your HONEST story to another doctor who is willing to help you. HELP YOU not comprise your health.

This is just me and my opinion.

I am considered to be i healthy weight range just. I have definitely lost weight with Duromine, weight that i havent been able to shift for a year or two after plateauing. I did weight 80k years ago after getting IBS but went to about 67 what I am now but only in the last 2 months with duromine could i get down to 67 after being around 70 for a year or two; my diet and exercise not really changeing so it was the duromine. I dont notice any effects other than sleep but i used to eat myself silly the day after a big workout and duromine stops that so im not eating what i just worked so hard to work off; hunger would keep me awake at night until i ate.

budgethefudge said:

So true, I agree, if your doctor won't prescribe a drug it's because you don't need it and might even be a danger to your health!!

Reactions: Kira
Hi everyone
I have been to multiple doctors in Melbourne who will not prescribe me duromine despite the fact I have a BMI of 27 exercise 5 days a week and eat a healthy diet and yet cannot shake off these extra kilos.
If anyone has any tips of getting a prescription or would be willing to get a prescription and give it to me ( I would be happy to pay you for your time ) I would be hugely grateful.

Reactions: Karzb1986
Hi Izzy,

I am in Sydney and have the same problem, my doctor says diet pills dont work.... any suggestions...anyone??

Izzy said:
Hi everyone
I have been to multiple doctors in Melbourne who will not prescribe me duromine despite the fact I have a BMI of 27 exercise 5 days a week and eat a healthy diet and yet cannot shake off these extra kilos.
If anyone has any tips of getting a prescription or would be willing to get a prescription and give it to me ( I would be happy to pay you for your time ) I would be hugely grateful.
Any luck?

Izzy said:
Hi everyone

Hi Izzy
I was wondering if u had any luck?
I've been to several doctors in Melb and bc BMI is 26 they all telling me not a chance they will prescribe it for me. I have stacked on 12kgs in 5 months and diet and exercise isn't cutting it ans I have my wedding in 3 months. I need help!

Some doctors just don't like duromine which is absolutely their right to refuse prescribing it. Just go to a different doctor and you will find one willing to prescibe it to you. They might want a blood test done or something else first which is probably a good idea but the best advice is just to try again. A different doctor may also pick up on issues that your current one hasn't which can be hugely beneficial.
Good luck with your weightloss! :)

Izzy said:
Hi everyone

Hi Izzy how did you go with your search? I am also in Melbourne and am wondering the same thing. I am unsure as to a doctor that would prescribe.

Kacey said:
Hi Izzy
I was wondering if u had any luck?
I've been to several doctors in Melb and bc BMI is 26 they all telling me not a chance they will prescribe it for me. I have stacked on 12kgs in 5 months and diet and exercise isn't cutting it ans I have my wedding in 3 months. I need help!

Hey Ladies.
Private Message me I can help out.

Reactions: CP000
I'm in Melbourne and I've had issues in the past.
My bmi around 30 but no doctor will give me a script either

Melb_f_buyer said:
I'm in Melbourne and I've had issues in the past.
My bmi around 30 but no doctor will give me a script either
Did they give you a reason why you couldnā€™t have it? Some people canā€™t have them because of the long list of side effects.

Reactions: April
Lottie86 said:
Did they give you a reason why you couldnā€™t have it? Some people canā€™t have them because of the long list of side effects.
They told me that they thought I could lose it Without them.

Izzy said:
Hi everyone

I just used gp2u as I was desperate and was so worried I would be scammed however so happy to say the doctor prescribed me 30mg and said see how I go and will go up to 3 months after 1 month review..... I exaggerated my bmi a bit and weight and he said bmi is rubbish and waist circumference is more important and mine is genuinely over the heart foundation recommendation so he was supportive for that reason.

I used the code ā€˜pricelineā€™ in the coupon section and got 15% off of my appointment.

Make sure you check if the doctors will prescribe duromine before booking .... some have a red x and says they wonā€™t.... however the one I booked with didnā€™t and all was good