• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Rhi0601 said:
Oh I was hoping you had the same thing as me!! Lol. My immune system cells are attacking my thyroid, so my metabolism is slow hense making it as hard as possible to lose weight.
If you'd like to keep in touch let me know, would be interesting to see how someone else with an autoimmune disease goes on duromine! X
Hi I'm also new to this in every sense of the word, but I like you have a thyroid problem as well. I'm on 30mg as well as taking thyroxine tablets, today I never took my thyroxine and am feeling like shit. But I'll not do that again. Gosh I feel drained.
I've been on duromine for a week and one day, been doing ok haven't weighed myself yet, but I don't feel any different either. Only I seemed to be hungry today for some unknown reason. How have you been doing with your thyroid, and duromine.

most of it was fluid but when i put the clothes that were pretty tight to wear are getting really lose since losing the 3kg

Reactions: jrd
Ok week 1 ...started on 15 mg it was ok I wasn't starving but I was getting hungry so back to dr (haha she wasn't in) other dr gave me 30mg ....much better....sleeping well no real side effects except I'm not craving chocolate at all....never ever had that side affect before lol...I've kept up my exercise...gym or run in morning followed by walk with my puppy...walk at lunch and either a walk with puppy of a nite or sneaked in a extra gym session....so 1 week on I've gone from 71.8 to 68.1 kg 3.7 kg I'm wrapped...2 weeks until cruise so I'm preying and exercising my butt of to get off another 4kg before I go...I know at 64 kg I can squeeze into my normal clothes for the cruise....at the moment I'm refusing to buy a bigger size so only my stretchy stuff is fitting me...thank god for maxi dresses lol

Hi
Ive just started to take duromine 30g, im 20 years and have always struggled with being a larger girl. Im 152cm and weigh 88kgs. Ive been taking it for the past 3 days and i haven't been noticing alot as if yet i haven't been as hungry but im just wondering what tips if there is any to pass on? As I'd love any sort of help thanks :)

Hi ell,

I only have 3 tips:

1. Don't stop eating. Please make sure you have breakfast, lunch and dinner, with fruit in between as snacks. This will keep your metabolism high, and lessen the side effects of Duromine. You don't have to eat a lot, just a small portion is fine.
2.Exercise. Even if you only exercise 30min a day, 3x a week, it will get you going in the right direction, and once you get into a routine, you will even enjoy it. Exercise also helps you sleep better, since Duromine keeps almost everyone awake at night.
3. Try to cut out or have small amounts of these foods: Starch, Oil, Sugar, Coffee, Dairy. Also try to eat more fish & chicken, instead of red meat.

Good luck!

Reactions: mranne and Kate
Big Girl SA said:
Hi ell,

I only have 3 tips:

1. Don't stop eating. Please make sure you have breakfast, lunch and dinner, with fruit in between as snacks. This will keep your metabolism high, and lessen the side effects of Duromine. You don't have to eat a lot, just a small portion is fine.
2.Exercise. Even if you only exercise 30min a day, 3x a week, it will get you going in the right direction, and once you get into a routine, you will even enjoy it. Exercise also helps you sleep better, since Duromine keeps almost everyone awake at night.
3. Try to cut out or have small amounts of these foods: Starch, Oil, Sugar, Coffee, Dairy. Also try to eat more fish & chicken, instead of red meat.

Good luck!
Precious tips! Thanks dear.

Chocolates and lollies are my demons too Lodd. I've found the D has helped me resist the cravings for them too.

Does anyone feel energised when you have Duromine? I've been told by two close friends that they always felt like getting up and going for a run or exercising. I hope i don't feel tired all the time, i'm already like that! Anyone motivated to work out or no?

Hi.im keen for a budy to.xx

lavender01 said:
Hi.im keen for a budy to.xx
Hi...started on the 27th of november,ooh it's my 7th day today.so I'm still not sure if I should weigh-in this morning or wait to finish my 1st dose

I have just started Duromine this morning!

Here is my story.

I've always been VERY active, being a gymnast and a dancer, and played netball and volleyball all through high school! Never eaten unhealthy food, always fuelled myself for my sports! Then after I finished high school, I started gaining weight VERY quickly, and a lot of it!! Flash forward to this year around July, I'm twenty and I weigh 99.8 kilograms!! I've always been 64.3 kilograms! (I'm 167cms tall, and have a lot of muscle) After lots of investigation with my doctor we doscovered I had PCOS, which explained the weight gain. So I cut almost all carbs out of my diet, gave up gymnastics so I could focus more on cardio, and had to cut down to one meal a day - a salad at lunch, and I managed to get down to 90 kilos, but continued to fluctuate between 89-93 kilograms. I look ridiculous, I've always had curves, but now I look like a cartoon character, I've barely gained any weight on my waist, it's all boobs, hips and thighs!

So my doctor, knowing what an active lifestyle I have, has been trying to convince me to try Duromine purely to raise my metabolic rate, and I finally decided to give it a try, as I'm tired of living off one meal a day.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Things look good so far, but it's clearly early days!! I have a lot of energy, I feel like I could take on the world! Will that fade as time goes on? My bike ride to work took half the time it usually does, but I've been sweating all day!! Just from standing up and crouching at work! Very strange!

This might realy help you. But you should do more than just one meal a day! No matter how much extra weight you have and how active you are (especially that), you need to fuel your body with proteins and even carbs. You should know that given that you are ex-athlete.
Good luck, darling and I hope you will change the situation to the best soon! Merry Xmass!!! ;););)

Reactions: Caity
Kate said:
This might realy help you. But you should do more than just one meal a day! No matter how much extra weight you have and how active you are (especially that), you need to fuel your body with proteins and even carbs. You should know that given that you are ex-athlete.
Good luck, darling and I hope you will change the situation to the best soon! Merry Xmass!!! ;););)

Yes definitely, that's why I started Duromine, my doctor said I would be able to have more than the one meal per day!! Without gaining anymore weight and possibly even losing some in the process!

Just an update, if anyone stumbles across this, I've finished my first week of Duromine and have lost a total of 3.8 kilograms so far!!

Reactions: katie tully
Caity said:
Just an update, if anyone stumbles across this, I've finished my first week of Duromine and have lost a total of 3.8 kilograms so far!!
That's really great, Caity! :laughing:
Congrats!!
The first results are always most exciting. But please do not get upset if your next weight loss is smaller. It is normal. Happy New Year!:)

Kate said:
That's really great, Caity! :laughing:
Congrats!!
The first results are always most exciting. But please do not get upset if your next weight loss is smaller. It is normal. Happy New Year!:)
Happy New Year to you as well! Second week brought me up to an even 5kg lost!

Hi Everyone

I started on the Duromine 30mg today and thought I would keep a diary here to keep me in check. I will update as often as I can – I’m known to waffle on a bit so apologies if I bore you to tears!

As you may have seen in my Introduction, I’m 34 and I weigh 97.5kg. I only started having issues with my weight when I hit about 27. I was always quite slim (lucky me), but once I got to 27 – it’s been a bit of a battle. I’ve gone up, gone down and I have to say, this is the heaviest I have ever been. I saw the scale creeping up to dreaded triple figures and thought no, no way.

I’ve always worked out, some weeks more than others, but it’s time for me to face the fact that food is my issue. I’m an overeater, and one that does my over eating at night – which is the worst time to do it! I also like a glass of wine or two as well ;) which doesn’t help.

So here I am. I set my alarm for 5.30am to take my Duromine, and didn’t get back to sleep – this is not unusual for me though so no bother. I read for a while and then got up and drank my lemon water (which I have every morning). At around 7am I had a nutribullet (if anyone wants to know my recipe let me know) and I purposefully made it so it came in at around 400 calories. Normally I would make it around 300 calories but I thought if I couldn’t stomach any lunch this would be a good idea.

I felt pretty normal, quite energised but not ‘buzzing’ like other people have reported. I pottered around the house, then did a 20 min arm workout with free weights. I’m also doing the “30 Day Squat Challenge” so todays squats were 70 (I’m at day 6 of the 2nd level) which I knocked out easily. I was sweating a bit throughout the day but nothing excessive. A few hours later I went down to the gym and did 30 mins of alternate sprints 2 min/walking 1 min and burned 405 calories.

I noticed the beginnings of a headache throughout the day, kind of sharp pain behind my eyes but it came and went and never really set in. I drank over 3 litres of water, which is standard for me, but I noticed a bit of a dry mouth – again, nothing excessive.

One thing I noticed is that I wanted a cigarette quite badly. I’m a social smoker (I know I know ) and it’s pretty much guaranteed if I have a glass of wine, I’m going to want a cigarette. This is how I felt today, which was interesting. I didn’t have any cigarettes in the house though so it was easy to abstain, but I thought that was a bit odd. Speaking of wine, I’ll be doing my best to avoid it will I’m on the pills. I’ll let you know how I go with that!

I haven’t told my partner that I’m on the pills as he is a bit anti-medication. In fact in the 4 years we have been together, I haven’t even seen him take so much as an asprin! Anyway I haven’t mentioned it, but the pills are right there on the bedside table so if he asks, I’ll tell him, but it’s just something I’m not going to bring up willingly. I think the side effect that concerns me the most is the possibility of mood swings, as I’m known for being a bit of a hot-head, so I’m going to have to watch that. I’ll let you know!

Spaghetti Bolognese was requested by my partner for dinner so I made that during the day, but I couldn’t bring myself to even taste it when it was cooking. For dinner I had a spoonful of the sauce over some steamed broccoli but I couldn’t face more than a few bites. If this is the way it’s going to continue, I’m going to have to try to eat more calories in the morning. I could have forced down another nutribullet at lunch time but I guess for the first day I just wanted to see what my body wanted. The Doc said its fine to focus on 1000 calories for the first month but today I didn’t even get to that.

Sleepwise - not so good. Its 12.35am now and I am wide awake. I doubt I’m going to get much at all but honestly I’ve never been a good sleeper

So that’s it for day one. Thanks for reading, and if anyone has any questions, please ask. Excuse my countdown in my signature with nothing to report. Just getting prepared for when the kgs start dropping off.

Best.

Good luck!!! I've started today, fingers crossed.

Reactions: Kellyk2