Hi Ally,

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I am sure you can get to 70kg you can do it. And it is great that you and I have a little help from Duromine to get us there. Because Duromine is a short term medication (about 3 months I think) we have to make the most of the time whilst on it because it does make the hard slog of dieting somewhat a little easier. I am 94kg and 32 years old I am married with 3 kids growing up I was a healthy weight but got heavy when I started working earning my own money to buy the wrong foods and developed a love for chocolate. Duromine has definitely helped kick the chocolate cravings and been on it for a week and I have lost 3.6kg trying very hard this time.

To answer your question about breakfast -

I personally stopped eating breakfast foods like toast and cereal a while ago as I found it wasn't keeping me full long enough and then I would be eating again before lunchtime. So this is what I have for breakfast and I like them so much I often have them for lunch too. Its a quick tasty anytime meal that is filling

Pita Pizza

Cut one large wholemeal flat pitta bread in half.
Top with tomato paste
Put on chopped capsicum mushrooms, teared ham
Chopped tinned pinapple peices and some dollops of light ricotta
Place under the griller for a couple of minutes until the edges are crispy.

It is a bit messy to eat as there is no real cheese holding the topping together as we know real cheese is a no no but I have gotten used to the light ricotta and find it really yummy. I pre cut the pita bread when I buy the packet and put it in the freezer.

I can't answer your question about feeling sick as such but the side effect I am experiencing which I really hope goes away is that sometimes on Duromine I feel kind of 'under the influence' foggy in the head like slightly stoned feeling and I don't like it I want the energy burst I had in the first couple of days to come back! Give the pita pizza a try top it with any salad vege you like sliced chicken breast instead of ham is good too!

Wow! Thanks fitmumma! That food sounds amazing! I shall have to try it, unfortunately i came into the diet with..... next to $0 as the pills cost me ALOT.

I think i'm feeling sick because i skipped on dinner and lunch yesterday because i didn't want food, although i was REALLY hungry.. Haha, Well i'm going to have to try it when i get paid! Also i'm going to buy salad and fish from the Deli.

I also totally agree with the "And it is great that you and I have a little help from Duromine to get us there. Because Duromine is a short term medication (about 3 months I think) we have to make the most of the time whilst on it because it does make the hard slog of dieting somewhat a little easier"

I've seen people going on diets and only loose like 10kg like every 6 months or something, i don't want to wait to loose the weight :c (No pun)

Thank you for helping so much!! ^^

Also do you know a list of fruit not to eat? I eat Bananas (One or two a day) and ALOT of watermelon. :O

Your most welcome Ally. Try to eat when your hungry but just remember to eat little. I am like you I'm impatient when it comes to losing weight I want it off like yesterday lol. The pita pizza I told you about well I haven't been skipping meals but I have only been having a quarter for each meal I am eating little but not skipping as I don't want my body going in starvation mode and also I think the side effects feel worse if you eat nothing. Also my reason for not skipping meals but eating a little bit is we can't go on forever like that and it has to be something we can sustain to keep it off and keeping it off is almost as hard as losing it i've been there too. Having all my meals but very small portions is my strategy so far. You are spot on with the fish and salad both very good for you and as far as I know all fruit is good and bananas are excellent!

Hi Sam,

Do you still have all that boundless energy? Cos give me some of that! haha
I have been on Duromine 30g for a week now and I had all that extra energy in about the first three days but it's gone now :(
Now it gives me a foggy feeling now and then a bit of an annoying side effect oh and the dry mouth! Weight coming off though so I'm happy about that. I weigh 94.8 so we are similar in weight I am a few kgs more. Good luck with weight loss we can do it :laughing:

Good! I'm glad to hear :)

Haha, i eat very small now, maybe to small.. Who knows? Well, i never eat apples, but i decided to man up, peel one and eat it, now i'm not hungry nor do i feel sick.. (I have had this morning for breakfast 97% fat free yoplate (Or whatever) mango yoghurt, with a glass of water, and for lunch i had a banana and apple. But not hungry.) You are so much help ^_^

Hey i need a urgent reply

I've been feeling sick since day 2 and its day 5, i didn't each much, but I'm tying to get a good portion in.. and its a very sick feeling, like i can't eat

Do you know that feeling when you try pushing out your tummy as far as it can and it gets that pain feeling? Feels like that if you know, and also hurts to lift heavy things and get up, bend down ect (Hurts my tummy that is)

I didn't eat much in the first few days. But I'm trying to get on track now. :(

It hurts so bad I'm stuck on the couch, i was thinking of giving duromine a few days off to see if its the duromine... :( Help please someone, i feel like crying,

and puking :(

Ally, I have been feeling the same way today - especially after I eat something. Today has been horrible for me, called my doctor to discuss how I have been feeling and he suggested that I take only 1 30mg tablet every two day for a 7-10 days and hopefully my body will adjust. So I am going to give tomorrow a miss and take one again on Friday. To be honest with you I am wondering if this is worth it...maybe I should just do it the natural way.
Maybe you should try giving tomorrow a miss and see how you go.?? Hope you are OK...let us know.

Wannabefabulous said:
Ally, I have been feeling the same way today - especially after I eat something. Today has been horrible for me, called my doctor to discuss how I have been feeling and he suggested that I take only 1 30mg tablet every two day for a 7-10 days and hopefully my body will adjust. So I am going to give tomorrow a miss and take one again on Friday. To be honest with you I am wondering if this is worth it...maybe I should just do it the natural way.
Maybe you should try giving tomorrow a miss and see how you go.?? Hope you are OK...let us know.

I was thinking the same thing! I will give tomorrow a miss and see if my condition improves :) I was actually kinda regretting getting it but if it works, then i'll be happy. Hope you tell me too ^_^

Hi Ally, this will be my last post as I'm giving up Duromine. I have been getting a tight chest along with other side effects that haven't eased after 9 days. Good luck to the people who duromine works well for thats great but for me the side effects make it not worth it. I thought I could pretty much take anything I have never had side effects to anything but that isn't the case for me with Duromine.

I just wanted to say before I head off this forum. You are young at 17 you have youth on your side and perhaps these tablets are a little strong for your young body and maybe thats why you are feeling sick you have youth on your side your goals are very achieveable and I think you would do great on a program like weight watchers which does work if followed correctly and is just an easier way than calorie counting. Best of luck :)

It's sad you are leaving us so soon :(

I'm sorry Duromine has caused you pain, it could be that! Im easing off a little. You will be surely missed.:(

How are you doing pirate? :)

Hi,

I've been doing pretty well, lost 2 kgs in my first week, really pleased. New gym opened the other day, I started yesterday, will go most days. I think my blood pressure is still a little high but other than that I'm not experiencing any bad side effects.
I will start posting weekly from now on, just to give updates on weight loss. Will let you know if blood pressure continues to be an issue and I stop taking Duromine. It feels really good to have started to lose the weight now, I know I'll keep at it even without the D, it does make it easier to choose not to eat crap, or eat too much so hopefully I'll be able to stick with it for a month or two.

Thanks, I'll update in about a week.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Today was my first day on Duromine and I am so excited! Ill explain a lil about me. Im almost 26 and I have 2 little boys (6 & 4), the most amazing motivation in the world. I got married very young and was not in the right relationship for me so we got divorced 3 years ago. In that time I went through terrible depression and one day noticed how i looked in the mirror. I did not recognize myself.. So i made the decision to shape up.. I was 93ks then, and with alot of exercise, and boy do I mean ALOT, I lost 11 kgs over about 1 year period. At that time I met an amazing person who is the right person for me and continued to lose some more weight over the next 2 years being together, 8kgs. Now im 74kgs and im 1.64m and Ive been this weight for about 6-8 months so I decided to go and see my doc. We chatted and decided to go onto Duromine 40 for 1 month to see if that kick starts the weight loss again. So here i am:

First day on Duromine:

Woke up this morning at about 7 (usual time), took the pill, and OMG!!!! I havent felt the whole energy thing just yet but I felt abit shaky and dizzy but nothing too crazy. I forgot to mention that ive been on Reductil for about 3 months and nothing. I guess im feeling the insomnia because im sitting here and its 1.25am.
Ive had a headache since 4pm. Not hungry at all but had 2 eggs at lunch time and had 1 medium piece of grilled chicken for dinner.
I CAN NOT STOP DRINKING!!!! Its been my most noticeable symptom so far... Ive literally drank 3 X 1.5 liter bottles of water + about a 1.25 Ltrs of pepsi light caffeine free... THATS ALOT OF LIQUID!!! lol Feels good though.

Ok so lets see where we are:
CW 73.5 kgs (weighed myself this morning)
GW 60 - 62 Kgs
First GW 69 Kgs

So there is it... Ill let you all know how im going next week.

Night

Hey everyone,

A little update on my first five days..

DAY 1 - 5
SW: 73.5 Kgs
CW: 72.1 Kgs

Pretty amazing.. To be honest I weighed myself everyday, i really didnt want to, i wanted to only weigh myself on Fridays but i couldnt help it. I was so shocked, 1.4 Kgs in 3 days and its stayed the same since the last 2 days. But I asked my husband to take my measurements the day before I took my first pill and on the third day I checked my waist and "buns" only, out of curiosity and my waist went down by 1.5cms and 4 cms in "buns"!!!! How awesome is THAT!!!! So excited! I dont know why the actual kilos arent going down but thats ok, ill be patient and see how i go.

The first 4 days i was incredibly thirsty and not hungry AT ALL!! literally I only wanted to eat a banana all day. Nothing else. Today was different though, I wasnt really hungry all day and had a banana in the morning and one mid-morning, I was so stuffed until 5PM where i started feeling sick. I felt like i was going to faint and throw up and I couldnt understand why. My husband forced me to eat something and I felt so much better afterwards. So tip to self: EAT SOMETHING!!!

I would really like to know if anyone is in the same position as me with the whole weight situation. I thought the first week was the one you lose the most weight. Is it going to stay at 1.4kgs and just lose cms? I have been doing alot of squats and sit ups so maybe im gaining muscle somewhere?! I just dont know. Either way ill weight myself tomorrow and see how I go. Maybe im not eating enough, I just cant bring myself to eat when im not hungry, and I have no idea what to eat. Can i eat anything as long as I stay under my recommended daily calorie intake? When does it move from "eating enough and losing weight" to "body going into starvation mode"?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!!

Ill probably put a post on friday with the weekly end weigh in and measurements.

Happy Weight Loss Everyone!!!

Hi,
So I lost 2kgs in week one, this week I have gained 300 grams, not sure how. I've eaten really well, no crap. Been to the gym 5 days out of the last 7. It's not muscle weight either I've really only done cardio.
I do think that I lost alot of fluid in that first week and so my body is just evening out.
I do feel less bloated, and people have commented on my looking good in the last couple of days. I feel like I look better than I did last week, but for me the scales aren't showing it this week. Hope to have better numbers next week.
Wish me luck!!

Hi Pirate,

So glad to hear your doing well. Don't let the numbers get you down!

Sierra.

Week 1 stats:

Sw: 73.5kgs
Cw: 71.5kgs
loss to date: 2kgs

Very happy about my progress so far.. feel great and my clothes feel looser..
here are my measurement losses:
Arms -1.5cms
Chest -4.5cms
butt -5.5cms
Upper thighs -2.5cms
calves-1cms

Overall pretty satisfied with that this week... can't wait for another week... until then happy weight loss peeps! _

try not to weigh in every day , u need to do it once a week. I use to weigh twice a week and would be depressed in the middle of the week I had hardly loss any weigh, then surprised on Saturday that I have loss a good amount. so now it's once a week. Yes. u need to eat or the weigh is not going to come off. when u eat 6 small meals it keeps ur metabolic rate up, and if u don't it slows down. let alone feel sick and dizzy. I'm on the 40g and have loss 13.5kgs in 10 weeks. I'm weighing today as I did not make it to the gym yesterday. I'm sure the weight will full off as u d go along enjoy but eat!! :)

Hi Ally

Keep us updated!

Wannabefabulous said:

Hey girls, I just wanted to tell you a little bit about my experience with duromine. I tried the 'trial' pack in two split doses... Kinda liked it kinda didnt an also wanted to do it on my own... But basically what I wanted to say was... With each start up an followon of duromine, the two 5 day trials and then this 3 weeks now EACH TIME the side effects have been different, almost like it's a totally different medication? So I don't know if it's real but if you have already bought it, maybe a day or a few off then start again... See if you get a different batch of side effects?? I've got practically zilch this time... I mean I've got some but none compared to my trial doses... Anyway... That's just my opinion... Here if you want to talk. Good luck no matter what you decide!!