• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
this is my forth week on duromine and I am down to 74kg.
which is more than I've lost in a very long time, however I still feel a little let down because I got my hopes really high reading everyone else's success stories.
but I'm not going to complain, I mean 4kg is the equivalent to 16 tubs of butter in size (so my mum keeps saying, her way of motivating me)

the only thing is, i havent really been able to notice it, I dont look any skinnier, the only place I have noticed change is my wrists (they are boney now? which looks odd because the rest of me is still the same). Im going to take progress photos tonight and compare them to the ones i took a month ago, wish me luck.

I dont know whether or not im going to get another month of duromine or I might tackle it on my own, I'll still post in this forum purely because it is kind of a motivator :p

Well, just back for an update. Still not taking duromine. Dd consider trying again, that was after a ate 2 blocks of chocolate (which I do not even like). Per period raid. Spoke to my doctor and realised that due to a change in my prostrogen levels the week prior to my friends it changes my mood and binge habits. Other than that I have been great.
Down to 75.1kg. Got up this morning at 5 with heaps of energy and I am reading Michelle bridges last 5kilos to get my mental state into the right pattern.
The juicing for breakfast is working really well, very fresh and I am addicted to beetroot. Thanks to joe cross - reboot your life. My skin looks brighter than ever and I actually look younger.
5.1 kg to go. Hoot hoot

And by the way.
My blood pressure and heart rate is now back to normal. Thank god.
I have invested the $100 I would have spent on the duromine this month on a POLAR watch. How amazing. See how many calories I burn and keep a good check on my self.

Ok, so took my first pill this morning, about an hour ago.
So far nothing much has happened. I've eaten some breakfast. My Dr told me yesterday that I wasn't eating anywhere near enough protein, I've been eating a mostly vegetarian diet over the past year, she suggested I go back to eating meat at least while I'm trying to lose weight as the protein will help build lean muscle mass and also give me better energy levels. So this morning instead of my usual oats I had shaved chicken breast, a little avo and some spinach on a mountain bread wrap and a cup of green tea.
She also wants me to monitor my blood pressure as it's a little high, it's still high but I'm really hoping it calms down over the next couple of days, I'd hate that to get in my way! I'm hoping with a bit of exercise and no alcohol and maybe a bit of meditation it will go back to a normal range.
On the plus side I don't feel weird at all, and I'm not hungry, though I have eaten.
Also I weighed myself this morning, on Dr's scales yesterday I was 88.3kgs, this morning on mine I was 85.7kgs. I like mine better, so for this weeks weigh in I'll go off my scales cause I won't see her again for couple of weeks, unless my blood pressure goes nuts...

Hi Pirate,
Good luck on your journey! :)
I am on day 2 today. Yesterday was pretty normal really, not much change that I noticed, a little spacey/tired but nothing major. I noticed a little bit of chest pain, that initially I worried was due to the pills, but I do tend to get it a lot anyway as I have big boobies and they cause me a bit of pain, so I am more convinced it is just from them.
I had hoped for a spike in my energy as I am partly as big as I am because I am so lethargic all the time, but in saying that I have been a bit better so hopefully it will continue to improve.
Look forward to seeing how you get on with them, sounds like you have a good mind frame and I am sure you will do a great job!
Oh and I have two sets of scales here and they both give me completely different numbers depending on which part of the room they are in or just how they are feeling at the time, the most temperamental is the electric scale that will add up to 5kg some days others take off 2kg. I recommend using good old manual scales.

Keep updating, lots of people here seem to just stop after a little while and you get left wondering if its worked or not :p

Ok, end of day 1. I have felt pretty positive all day, I haven't been terribly hungry, have probably had close to 1000 calories, about 2.5 ltrs of water. I ate what I would normally eat just a fair bit less. And I ate a bit of red meat with dinner.

I'm a bit disappointed to be eating meat again, but I'm turning 40 in 6 months and I'm going to look good, one of my best friends will be 40 in January, there will be photos taken at her party and I just want to smile with my friend and not be uncomfortable. Anyway, I'll do what I need to do to lose the weight and go back to mostly vegetarian again after.

Back to today, defiantly less hungry, didn't feel "speedy" but did seem to have a little more energy, didn't get the 3 o'clock slump today. But it could be because I'm so pleased and positive to have started this journey. Unfortunately my blood pressure is still a bit high... I'm really hoping it calms down, I don't feel unwell from it, but I am conscious of it. I'm supposed to take my blood pressure 6times a day for 5 days and then report back to my Dr. I do think that focussing on it so much isn't helping, but I do understand how important it is. But I so want to get a month or two out of this to give me a good kick start..

I'll see how I go tomorrow.

Cheers!

Hi Pirate, I had the same thing with the doctor scales and my scales being different! I decided to go by the weight on my scales even though it is higher. Purely because I will only be seeing the doctor after four weeks and want to keep track of my weight. I'm really excited to hear how your side effects and weight loss goes as we have started around the same time.

Sierra.

Hi sierra,
Me too, it's nice to have a couple of us all starting within a coupe of days of each other.
I'm pleased to say that I just took blood pressure again and it was perfect! I hope that's a sign of it evening itself out.
Also, though I'm awake now, it's 2am, I have had some good sleep tonight, I often wake up at about 2, I'm not a great sleeper anyway. Part of me is tempted to weigh myself, but I won't, it hasn't even been 24 hrs! Lol! I'm going to try and leave it for at least a few days, how often will you weigh in?

Hi Pirate, it's 1:31AM for me and i still haven't slept. My sleeping pattern is all over the place. I feel really tired and sleepy around 5pm and purposely don't sleep, then 10pm comes around and im not in the slightest tired! I think I need to start doing some extra exercise or something. I'm a hit annoyed with my new scales, but I'm sticking with them. Weighed myself this evening and was 300 grams less, they're my new toy. I think I'll weigh every second day im all exciting and want to weigh every day though!

Lovely to hear from you, it's great to talking to someone else whose going through the same process!

Sierra.

Morning! Welcome to day 2! I'm pretty chipper as my blood pressure seems to be coming down a bit, it was pretty close to normal this morning. I had my tablet at about 6 and got up, had a little brekky, same as yesterday. I'm missing my oats and I think I'll go back to them, I am just so conscious now of my protein and iron levels, Dr wants me to try and aim for 80 grms of protein a day. That's a lot!! Anyway, chicken and spinach wrap for breakfast and a cup of tea.
My energy levels are good, again nothing crazy, I'm not racing around or anything but feel good, ready to get on with the day.
I'm not hungry but I have eaten and I've no other side effects to speak of.
I resisted the urge to weigh myself, I'll give it at least a few days.
I am feeling really good about what I'm eating, what I'm not drinking (lol) and really looking forward to my new gym opening early next week so I can get my lardy arse moving again!

End of day 2.

Had a low level headache for most of the day, but it was completely bearable. My energy levels are definitely up a bit, I'm able to get going easier in the morning. Both mornings I've been ready for work with time to get some washing on and clean the kitchen up, this morning I even had time to pick the kids toys up as well. But at the same time I am really not feeling speedy, just like I can get up and start the,day. Huge bonus!

I ate well again today, had a wrap for lunch, had to leave work early as my poor daughter was waiting for me in sick bay. Poor monkey. She had told me she wasn't well, but I had to go to work this morning, so she went to school, I went to work and an hour and a half later I came home again. But I did what I had to do at work and was able to arrange things for me to be absent in the afternoon so all good. Working and mothering is a constant juggling act! I came home made her some chicken and corn soup, I had a banana for a snack at about 4, then had some of the soup for dinner around 6. I wasn't really hungry, but I was tired. The kids both went to their Dads place tonight, I got really tired around 5pm, so I had my dinner and was in bed by 7, had a sleep then woke up around 10ish.

I have also worked out that my blood pressure seems to spike a bit in the afternoons/early evening so if I put off taking it until later it starts to look a lot more normal. It was ok first thing this morning and fine when I took it tonight at 10, but at 6pm it wasn't great. I've started taking Hawthorn and magnesium today, they are both supposed to be really good for blood pressure, so hopefully that will start to show in the next couple of days. I really want to stay onDuromine for a month or two.

That's about all from me today, I will weigh in on Sunday morning and again on Thursday morning. I can't wait a whole week! Also, new gym opens on Monday, so will get into that next week too!

Hi Pirate,

Great to hear your progressing. I seem to get really tired around 5pm too but I resist the temptation to sleep and usually come good. Hope your blood pressure stays at bay :)

Sierra.

Hey guys! I've just got Metermine, and i shall be starting it tomorrow!

I'm excited but scared! I am really hoping this works, it cost me $104 but if its going to work, then so be it!

I am currently at 87kg and 5'7 I know my goal is un-realistic but i'm hoping to get into high 60's but i doubt it, the doctor said i won't need to be on it for very long and she doesn't see people on it for more then 3 months, i'm curious as to, how long can i stay on it? I don't want to go back to being what i was....

Well, i just really really hope this works!

Starting: 86kg

Mini goal: 80kg

Major goal: 75kg

Extreme goal 70kg...

Lets hope i can make it possible! Also i'm signing up to Anytime fitness springfield brisbane!!

Day 3.

That was yesterday, busy day. Felt pretty good all day. Ate well, delicious healthy things. Am eating what I would normally eat, except I'm adding meat to it (for the protein and iron) and am eating less. Drinking between 2-3 ltrs water each day. I did go out last night, birthday party, lots of alcohol and nibbles, I had 1 drink and very little of the food, even though it was good, it's just been easier to realise I don't need it, didn't feel deprived. Had had a smallish dinner before I went and just want that hungry.
Blood pressure a little high still but not outrageous and the pattern seems to be lowering.

Today is day 4.

SW 85.7
CW 84.5
GW 72

1.2 kgs in 3 days, I'm not counting today because it's so early. I'm pleased that the numbers are going down, just hope it keeps going now, it'll be interesting to see what happens when I start throwing exercise onto the mix as well!.

Hi Pirate,

Sounds like you're making really good progress. I found I slept a lot better last night after spending the day doing housework. I think it's considered exercise :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend and feeling well.

This is the end of day 5.

Generally going well, have been a bit tetchy this evening but not uncommon for a Monday, a low level headache again today, didn't bother with panadol, blood pressure still a little high but I know if i take it again in an hour it well be ok, I've just got the kids to bed with the whole "clean your teeth, stop arguing with your sister, no you can't have another yoghurt, don't do that to the cat" routine, I'm sure my blood pressure was always a bit high after that!
Still got a good amount of energy, the house hasn't been this tidy for a long time!
The gym was supposed to open today but hasn't yet, I'm sure it will be this week sometime, really looking forward to that.
I'm eating about 1000 calories per day and aiming for about 2.5ltrs water per day.
Will weigh in again on thurs as that will be end of week one. Hard to say what that will show, I'm feeling pretty good but I think it's just because I'm so conscious of the calories I'm not consuming I feel like I should be losing heaps, for every glass of wine I don't drink I feel I should lose weight.
Sleeping pretty well.

Hey everyone!
My name is Samantha, im a 22 year old student who has been unhappy about my weight my whole life. I used to weigh in at 110kg a couple of years back and managed to lose 20kg through a lot of hard work and exercise. Since then my weight has fluctuated about 5kg up and down, however i realised that i was still at a considerably unhealthy weight and made the choice to go to the doctors for some extra help. Ive always found weightloss incredibly hard and my unhealthy body was really bringing me down.
So here i am!
Today was my first day on Duromine, What a day!
The doctor prescribed me 40mg and dear god i think it was waaaayy too much.
I took my first one at 8am this morning and didnt feel anything untill i went to work at 5pm. I was starting to think that perhaps it wasnt going to work, however when i started working and became very active it completely kicked in! (i'm a manager in retail and do a lot of running around). I was buzzing like no tomorrow! could hardly concentrate and was running around like a headless chook!
I was sweating a lot more than usual and all i wanted to do was run around.
After work i came home and just had to take myself to the gym to sweat it all out and attempt to exhaust myself because i knew if i just sat on the couch i wouldnt be able to sleep at all.
I did a 45 minute cardio work out and it was the best work out ive ever done in my life. so much energy! my body just wouldnt stop!
Absolutely no food cravings all day although i had to force myself to eat as my doctor said i must maintain 6 small meals a day in order to keep my metabolism up for when i come off the duromine.
I might have to go back to the doc's and ask for a lower dosage as i feel the 40mg is quite excessive for me. Im still wide awake and its 3:30am haha

I currently weigh 91kg
my goal weight is 70kg.
Hopefully this was the first day of a healthy and more prosperous lifestyle for me :)
lovely to meet you all!
Sam

Hey guys, i'm running out of ideas on what to eat..... healthy, what can i eat for breakfast??

try and take it as early as u can , I take it at 5.30 am I have it beside my bed with water. u might need to go to the gym every night to help u ( this is a good thing lol) I'm on the 40g but I did do a mth on 30g before tho. good luck

Is it normal to feel sick?