• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
Hey Everyone,

After umming and ahhing over this for quite a while I decided to take the plunge and ask a GP at my practice to prescribe me Duromine. (my normal GP was away) And amazingly she was more then happy to prescribe Duromine 30mg to me for the next month!!! As my local chemist doesn't stock it, I will not be starting until thursday and I am so excited to get this weight loss going.

So a little bit about me; I'm a 23yr old stay at home mother of 2 beautiful girls and at the doctors surgery today weighed in at 100.4kg!! Since I am only 162cm thats a BMI of 38! I want to get back to that pre baby weight of 78kg, maybe more.

Wish me luck!

Current Weight :- 100.4kg
Mini Goal 1:- 90kg
Mini Goal 2:- 85kg
Mini Goal 3:- 80kg
Mini Goal 4:- 75kg
Goal Weight:- 70kg

Thankyou,

Today is day one, took my tablet at 4:45am this morning as that was when my nearly 4mth old woke me up :)

So far so good, no real side effects, feeling pretty alert which is good.

Still feeling pretty sore though as i had a lot of errands to run yesterday and when it all in to my GPS i discovered i had managed to walk roughly 8.7km, in the hot sun, pushing a double pram. Needless to say i was stuffed last night, especially since i had also helped my mother out by climbing 2 trees for her and also went grocery shopping in the evening and then the usual dinner, baths, reading, cuddles, bottles etc....

Not having any trouble with making sure i eat and drink enough water, probably already drunk those 2+Litres and its only 2pm.

Food wise :- Breakfast (5am) was Puffed Wheat Cereal and a coffee(only one today so far :)
Morning Tea (10:30am) was a fresh 4 Fruit Salad (Nectarine, Apple, Banana & Orange)
Lunch (1:30pm) was Ham, Cheese, Egg and Tomato Sandwich

Feeling good. Slightly tired.

Reactions: Kate
I like your menu! And physical activity is great too. I am sure soon you will see the first impressive results!:)

Jumped on the scales this morning as I couldn't help myself and... 800grams loss and 4cm off my waist. Fantastic for only one day on Duromine 30mg.

Will keep you all posted.

Reactions: Stolli
Welcome and Congratulations on making it through the first day :) I hope you continue to have a good experience on your Duromine Journey :)

Reactions: Kate
Today is the beginning of day 3 and I'm feeling slightly fabulous today, as not only have I lost 1.7kg already but I feel lighter and happy with myself for choosing to do this and realising that I have made the right choice.

Reactions: Kate and Belinda
Hi! I am Sarah and I have only just started my journey on changing my current health and lifestyle. Sounds weird but I'm determined to make this a permanent change and not just another diet. Anyhow I was wondering if there was anyone else who has would be interested in having a weekly weigh-in/motivation team. That way we can follow each other's progress and try any new recipes together ect.. Keep the process interesting. Looking forward to talking with all of you :) btw my first weigh in will be on Wednesday and I'm feeling a little bit nervous.

Hi Sarah,
I to have started my journey to not just lose weight, but to increase my fitness and to develop better eating habits. I started last Thursday, at 83 kg and I am 164 cms so my goal 63kg. I would love to have someone to compare notes and to help me stay focused. So far it's amazing how such a little tablet can make such a big difference. Thursday night didn't sleep couldn't wait to get out of bed, when I did I was like a mad women got so much done. Friday night slept a little better, Saturday lots of energy in morning but cranky pants in afternoon slept a little bit better. Today again wide awake at 6 got up at 645 on a Sunday oh my lord and went for bike mood was still a little cranky, but by lunchtime was so tired mood had improved, actually had a little nap, my anxiety levels are very high, I was blaming it on the tablets but when I really look at it I think it maybe due to lack of sleep and perhaps not eating enough, because I haven't felt like food weird for me as I am a chef and obsessed with food, so I have decided that I really do have to eat something regularly I just have to force myself but I have to make healthy choices and to watch my portion size.
Looking forward to hearing about your experiences
Neva

Reactions: Mum2hili
Day 5 and have lost a total 2.3kg and 8cm off my waist. Already been for 40min walk through the park with my girls and now we are home doing breakfast before getting started on the rest of the day. Feeling good and can't wait to reach my goals.

Hi Neva! I weighed myself last Wednesday morning and I was 108kg, got super depressed by it but quickly moved past it once the tablets stopped the sugar cravings. I think my goal for the moment is to reach 65kg but ill aim for a mini goal of 80kg first(haven't been that size since I was 20yrs old) I too have been exercising, managed to get to the gym 4times since Wednesday so I'm doing pretty well. As for the food, I'm not craving anything fatty or sugary. I'm still getting hungry but only when I should be instead of being hungry all day. One strange side affect I get is that I come home from the gym super hypo, I can't get over how much energy I get.

Hello, Sarah! Welcome to our forum. I am glad that you have joined us, since it is much easier to stay on track with us! We support newbies;)

Agree) FANTASTIC loss indeed. Your body loves you no doubt:laughing:

Looking forward to hearing your success tomorrow whoo I am sure it will be good. Good on you for going to gym 4 times a week that's great it's amazing how much energy this one little tablet gives you I can't believe it I have bounded out of bed at six every morning and gone bike riding I am the one that usually hates getting out of bed. I am also happy to report that all side effect have subsided. I even got a little hungry yesterday but I wAs able to stay strong
My way in is on Friday so fingers crossed

Hi there - I'm looking forward to hearing your success stories too, I started Duromine on Saturday and so far loving it - no real side effects (a little headache on the first couple of days and broken sleep on the first night but all good since then) and I actually feel really good and motivated. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on calorie intake - I'm generally a healthy eater anyway (portion size has always been my problem because I just LOVE food) but with Duromine I have no appetite at all and can barely manage to eat 600 calories a day. I feel ok and not dizzy or anything on such a small amount of food and I'm eating a healthy mix - small meals and healthy snacks, nothing fried and I've cut out alcohol and coffee but I'm worried that I'm not eating enough and that my metabolism will suffer and make weight loss even harder. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, Gwen!
You are lucky you have no severe side effects. At this point you're doing great. But if you think you haven't enough food, you should make a daily menu. Just take a break, sit calmly and write down a list Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.. There is a bunch of different recepies and menus on the Internet, just a couple of minutes and clicks and you have what you like the most. Also we have a branch dedicated to some recepies. Check it out. Or. Think over all the possible fruit, veggies, meat and nuts you can remember of, and divide them daily. Like Mon: breakfast(apple; boiled egg; or yogurt), lunch(mango, apple, berries, orange, grapefruit salad; bran turkey sandwich; lettuce+boiled chicken+tomatoes+olive oil salad, etc.), dinner(beef soup; chicken+mashroom cream soup; minestrone; or just an oatmeal with fruit and nuts), snacks(nuts; protein shake; fresh fruit; fresh celery; carrots, etc. etc....) Hundred of variants actually:)
Just make sure you have meat, veggies, fruit and plenty of water every day. These are essential elements in menu for your body. No fried or fatty food, please. The more colors your products have - the better))) Good luck!

hi ill join u i started 5 days ago weighing in at 105 kgs been eating healthy but not much exercise yet :/

Whoo welcome amazing how we all started so close to each other I am really enjoying the new me no more side effects maybe still dry mouth but I think that's a good thing makes me drink more water , this tablet has completely changed my attitude, we went for a drive tonight and my husband and children had ice creams I didn't and I didn't even give it a second thought
Where as before if I didn't have one before I would be still feeling cheered now that I had missed out.
It great only 2 more sleeps till weigh and measure bit excited or nervous not sure
Keep going every one we can reach our goals together