Just short of 3 weeks
Starting weight 89kg
Current weight 83.5kg

I took a break from the gym in week 2 but still managed to drop a bit through my diet. In The past week I have been working out twice a day and eating a little more for energy. Muscle mass is increasing which is great. Awesome moment this week when I went out for dinner and fit back into some older clothes. Felt like a million dollars! Half way through my prescription so very hopeful I’ll get to 82kg while increasing muscle mass

Great news! Getting into your old clothes is a wonderful indication of your success. More muscle mass is also amazing! All in all, you are doing really well and I am very very happy for you! Keep it up! Hopefully, your story will become a great motivation for men, who are at the beginning of their weight loss journey on Duromine. Have an amazing week!

Hello all!

I’d firstly like to give you a bit of background about myself: I’m a 20 year old girl who hasn’t stuggled with weight this badly until this year about 8 months ago. I decided for myself that the course I chose straight after high school was definitely not for me, this had a huge impact on me and my mental health as I’m usually a person who likes to follow a plan, being extremely organised and not wasting time. As a result, I started eating unhealthily every single day, not evening considering the impact it’d have on my health. It was only recently I came to a realisation that I’m obese with no ones fault but my own. I was genuinely afraid I wouldn’t live past 30 if I kept doing what I was doing.

I gathered up some courage to speak to my local GP about a program that would include the prescription of Duromine. Blood test results showed an elevated cholesterol level and 2 out of 4 enzymes in my liver not working as they should due to excess amount of process foods. 2 days ago, I bought my first packet of Duromine 30mg.

Not opened, I’m very afraid but at the same time excited for what the future holds. I would perhaps describe myself as an over thinker/anxious being but I feel as though I’m quite heavily in control as I have excellent self awareness, I know it works differently for different people but if anyone has some advice for a person like me in terms of how it’d affect my mood or thought process let me know. I also wanted to ask the Duromine community if they’d be willing to share some wise words to me, anything would be greatly appreciated! I’m wanting to do heavy weight training at the gym, what’s everyone’s eating plan around that? Weight loss is calorie deficit but wouldn’t you need more food for more energy when using weights?

I probably sound silly but the explanations I’ve read have made no sense and to get a feel of what someone else has doing to achieve their goals in a similar situation would be super super awesome and beneficial for me!

My action plan would involve monthly weigh ons at the GP, dietitian consultations, hitting it hard at the gym every day (no joke) weight training + cardio, aiming to keep myself eating only whole foods and try to lower my cholesterol.

Btw this forum rocks! Never have I ever seen more supportive, kind and friendly people on the internet. I’m so happy to be here.

Hello!! Welcome, welcome to the forum! I just loooove your approach to the weight loss process and I am sure that you will achieve your goals, if you keep to the same mindset and maintain your motivation along the way. Really happy for you that you managed to stop one day and see what you are doing to your health, and what you should do to change the situation to better. The plan is huge and seems to be covered from every aspect of weight loss. You have a doc watching your health, a dietitian helping you cope with the nutrition, a trainer (at least, at the beginning) making a good weight loss program and teaching you how to exercise without harming yourself, and a support that you will find here. =) SO just do it! =)

As for nutrition, I am among those, who always remind everyone that they do need to eat while being on Duromine, and the caloric value of the daily menu should not be too low. You need to nourish your body with all the necessary substances, if you want it to give up on the accumulated kilos. So, you are right. However, I am sure that your dietician will adjust your diet. Just don’t forget to mention the physical loads you are planning to have.

It is ok to worry about using Duromine. It is a potent drug and no one can guarantee that your body gives a good response to it. when you are ready, give it a go and make that plan work from the very first day. It might seem that 3 months is a long time. In fact, time flies so fast that you don’t even notice how the course comes to an end.

I wish you all the luck and will power! I will be watching your journey and keeping my fingers crossed for your success!

I was in a car accident and have been a bit disorrietated and ended up drinking 3 x 30mg duromine. What side effects should i expect

girlgetsfit said:
Hello all!

I’d firstly like to give you a bit of background about myself: I’m a 20 year old girl who hasn’t stuggled with weight this badly until this year about 8 months ago. I decided for myself that the course I chose straight after high school was definitely not for me, this had a huge impact on me and my mental health as I’m usually a person who likes to follow a plan, being extremely organised and not wasting time. As a result, I started eating unhealthily every single day, not evening considering the impact it’d have on my health. It was only recently I came to a realisation that I’m obese with no ones fault but my own. I was genuinely afraid I wouldn’t live past 30 if I kept doing what I was doing. I gathered up some courage to speak to my local GP about a program that would include the prescription of Duromine. Blood test results showed an elevated cholesterol level and 2 out of 4 enzymes in my liver not working as they should due to excess amount of process foods. 2 days ago, I bought my first packet of Duromine 30mg. Not opened, I’m very afraid but at the same time excited for what the future holds. I would perhaps describe myself as an over thinker/anxious being but I feel as though I’m quite heavily in control as I have excellent self awareness, I know it works differently for different people but if anyone has some advice for a person like me in terms of how it’d affect my mood or thought process let me know. I also wanted to ask the Duromine community if they’d be willing to share some wise words to me, anything would be greatly appreciated! I’m wanting to do heavy weight training at the gym, what’s everyone’s eating plan around that? Weight loss is calorie deficit but wouldn’t you need more food for more energy when using weights? I probably sound silly but the explanations I’ve read have made no sense and to get a feel of what someone else has doing to achieve their goals in a similar situation would be super super awesome and beneficial for me!

My action plan would involve monthly weigh ons at the GP, dietitian consultations, hitting it hard at the gym every day (no joke) weight training + cardio, aiming to keep myself eating only whole foods and try to lower my cholesterol.

Btw this forum rocks! Never have I ever seen more supportive, kind and friendly people on the internet. I’m so happy to be here.

Hi Girlgetsfit,
This sounds like a great plan of action ! I wish you luck along your journey and hope you are able to start smashing your goals along the way. I too have been amazed by the support, information and advice I have found here so far and I have only been aware of it for the last week.

Take each day as it comes and try not to get too overwhelmed on the food side, you want an eating plan that you can sustain long term. I suggest making a few small changes to your current diet - swap soft drink for water, try to always have a piece of fruit and a yoghurt in case you are tempted to snack during the day, use brown rice/bread over white etc. Once you can comfortably manage those small changes, make a few more.

If you don’t already have it my fitness pal app is great for logging your food and calories to help stick to your caloric goals and it’s a great way to keep accountable and gives you info on how much fat,sugar, protein etc is in each item of food you log. The more experienced and confident you become, the easier it should be to reach your goals! Best wishes

girlgetsfit said:
Hello all!

I’d firstly like to give you a bit of background about myself: I’m a 20 year old girl who hasn’t stuggled with weight this badly until this year about 8 months ago. I decided for myself that the course I chose straight after high school was definitely not for me, this had a huge impact on me and my mental health as I’m usually a person who likes to follow a plan, being extremely organised and not wasting time. As a result, I started eating unhealthily every single day, not evening considering the impact it’d have on my health. It was only recently I came to a realisation that I’m obese with no ones fault but my own. I was genuinely afraid I wouldn’t live past 30 if I kept doing what I was doing. I gathered up some courage to speak to my local GP about a program that would include the prescription of Duromine. Blood test results showed an elevated cholesterol level and 2 out of 4 enzymes in my liver not working as they should due to excess amount of process foods. 2 days ago, I bought my first packet of Duromine 30mg. Not opened, I’m very afraid but at the same time excited for what the future holds. I would perhaps describe myself as an over thinker/anxious being but I feel as though I’m quite heavily in control as I have excellent self awareness, I know it works differently for different people but if anyone has some advice for a person like me in terms of how it’d affect my mood or thought process let me know. I also wanted to ask the Duromine community if they’d be willing to share some wise words to me, anything would be greatly appreciated! I’m wanting to do heavy weight training at the gym, what’s everyone’s eating plan around that? Weight loss is calorie deficit but wouldn’t you need more food for more energy when using weights? I probably sound silly but the explanations I’ve read have made no sense and to get a feel of what someone else has doing to achieve their goals in a similar situation would be super super awesome and beneficial for me!

Hello lovely! I understand where you’re coming from I was so scared to start it but I just said to myself that I will thank me for starting today in a few months time!
It’s might be a little tricky to adjust but you will get there! I was/am a sugar addict and I am on day 2 of duromine 40mg and it has REALLY helped the cravings. I was getting migraine headaches from not having sugar and well.. I went cold turkey. But I can say with confidence that I’m doing fine :)
I’ve got the dry mouth and a little sickness in the stomach when forcing myself to eat on lunch breaks, but the energy I’ve had is awesome!

Keep us updated how you’re going. Drink over 3L of water a day!!
Ps yesterday I weighed 87.9 and today I weigh 81.9 I’d say it’s the water weight and I will see what the scales say tomorrow!
My goal is 65kg.

Reactions: April
Kate said:
Hello, not2oldyet!

My name is Kate and I'm 51.
I had my experience with duromine a couple of years ago. To be more specific 3 years ago. My story was beginning similar to most of overweight ladies - postbirth obesity. I have two kids (well not kids anymore but grownups)) and I had never been worried about my weight, until I started feeling different disorders (hard walking, dyspnea, fatigue, even depression). I saw how people were looking at me, saw their judgement in their eyes...one thing to another I realized I had to do something about my weight problem when I was 45. Of course I was thinking first that I could handle it on my own. Tried different diets, nothing helped. I managed to lose a couple kilos and then gained them back.
My doc told me it was pretty normal (like you said) to gain weight with age, plus I never managed to lose after birth. But this wasn't the thing I would put up with, no way. I went to another doc, so she recommended to try duromine. I had a lot of extra weight, but she gave me 15mg to start with. To see if I had any side effects. And she warned me: that I had to change my whole life style, to throw away all the junk foods, start exercising little by little and change my daily regime completely. So I had plenty of patience, since this was very serious to me.

First I didn't tell anything to my family, just tried to get up earlier than before to take my pill, then made some healthy meal boxes for me for the whole day. It was very hard I must say! My body didn't want to get used to this new regime. After that I usually had my breakfast. Searched some recipes on the Internet to make different meals. Made a list of meals, so that I could see what I must eat on Monday, Tuesday, etc. It helped, because I needed a discipline not to jump off my diet plan. Besides it was harder, because my husband and younger son would not eat the same as me. So I had to cook for myself separately.

During the first month I lost only 4 kgs, which was a pretty good start, yet I still had lots to lose. I started with walking, 40-45 minutes outside in the park. Took some music and it helped to keep my pace. The energy was fantastic I must say! The second month I decided not to weigh myself and see what happens. I was doing the same - early wake ups, cooking, cleaning the house, work, walking in the evening (added some yoga and stretching), dinner and sleep.Of course I had some side effects, but my confidence was higher than my fear.

Soon I got used to my regime and liked how I was feeling myself. I lost another 10 kgs during this period. How happy I was! Sometimes it was difficult to see all that food at parties and BBQ, but I just sticked to vegetables and meat. No sauses, no bread and pasta. Was strict to myself. Three months later my doc told me she was impressed - my metabolism worked well, I was progressing.

In general my weight loss took almost two years, I mean the main weight loss. And I lost almost 50 kgs for 18 months! Incredible, with little steps I came to my goal. The good thing was that I managed to keep my weight even after I stopped the pills. I always say that you got to train your body, to exercise. Better in gym, perfectly - with personal coach. I did. And thanks to him, my discipline was high and I new that I had to do all those exercises to keep my body toned.

After all these years of incredible struggle, I am trying to keep my eating behavior stable and I enjoy attending gym, just supporting programs, yoga, stretch, pilates. I know it's a matter of money for lots of people, but you can always call your girls and make some home yoga - fun and good for your body.
Well, don't want to bore you with my long story....lots of detailes to tell. All in all, I never say weight loss is an easy task and all you need is just Duromine. On contrary it's a hard work and great change for the body!

ps. I think you can lose as much weight as you need/want, and you did well "clearing out your cupboards", because this is a start, a good start. Once there is no junk and provocative food in your house, you will get used to eat healthy much faster and easier. Good luck to you and write me if you have any questions, I would love to help you!

Kate
Thank you sooooo much for sharing this with us. I've just turned 45 and I'm making some serious changes, very similar to yours actually. This post has inspired me no end and I'm sure I'll come back to it again and again to keep me motivated. One thing I've been thinking about is getting a personal trainer to keep pushing and motivating me. The thing is, I just feel so unhappy with my body that I don't want to "be seen" at the gym. I live in a small town so I'm bound to run into somebody I don't want seeing me in this state. At present I'm working out at home so I don't feel so embarrassed when I finally do walk into that gym. I'm just wondering if you could tell me at what stage in your weight loss journey did you hire a trainer? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: April
Its great to hear everyones stories and to feel that one way or another we're in the same boat. Im 48, and have always struggled with my weight but put on loads after I started having my three kids. My children r still quite young, our little fella is 6yrs - so since we started late I feel a particular responsibility to get healthy for myself and my family. Nov 8th I weighed in at 120kgs and I was desperate. For four yrs a friend and I were periodically trying to lose weight, and while at one point i lost 15kg input it all, and more, back on. Ive been on duromine for almost 3 months and it has been just the kick start I needed. I've lost 25 kg so far, and from the day I started taking it I completely changed my lifestyle as far as food and exercise goes. I now walk an hour daily, swim 1 km most days, have cut right back on the amount I eat, and have cut out sugary and processed foods. Incredibly because duromine took away my sugar cravings and gave me more energy it hasnt felt too hard.

Bit probably most importantly I was desperate and that made me highly motivated. I am convinced that at whatever age we can lose the fat and regain our wellbeing, and bit by bit make the changes needed to maintain the losses. I hope we can all take full advantage of the kick start duromine provides, and enjoy our new healthy lives. We deserve it!

Hi all,

Now that I've sorted out my internet issues I'm hoping to keep up with documenting this process to give others hopefully at least a good read and to meet likeminded spirits on their own journeys.

After a flurry of a year I found myself in the middle of a bad break up, having to move and therefore get a new job. I gained 16kg very quickly, in 10 months. As implied above, I'm a baker and pastry chef and therefore have carbs and sweet treats around me daily, as well as having a major sweet tooth and being an emotional eater. I've tried duromine before and it worked, but I didn't respect the process enough I think. Now I've had to steel myself into a better mindset, eating habits and taking accountability for myself.

71kg may not sound like a lot but with having PCOS any weight gain isn't great, plus it seems to all sit on specific places and I'm very unhappy with my figure! Tummy, bum and hips. And the bingo wings! The extra weight and being on my feet has affected my knees too. So I've stocked up the fridge with eggs, salad goods, veg and fish/prawns and will give it my best crack. My carbs come from half a decent size banana with coconut probiotic yoghurt. I also work night shift which contributed to my quick fix eating habits. The worst of it is I used to work in the nutrition side of the industry for special needs diets and knew what I should and shouldn't be eating. I gave up on myself, but no longer!

So after that huge speel, I will do my best to keep everyone updated and will gratefully accept and share advice, experiences and encouragement. I bought some new scales but they seem to be faulty as read differently every single time. I'm talking stepping on and off repeatedly. So I may have to go by an average weekly loss or by sight/clothes. Good luck everyone!

The baker, Melbourne

Reactions: Bonnie13
Hello Chef! Very nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! Looks like you have planned everything very accurately and your fridge is already full of healthy foods, which should definitely help you have an easier journey. When you don’t have anything that you should avoid, it is easier to avoid it. on the other hand, your profession… that is going to be hard! Btw, we have a cake maker on the forum, who is going through her second round on Duromine. I think you guys will surely need to share some ideas on how to fight cravings for all the goodies that you see around you every day.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you will go all the way till the end with a happy and proud smile!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFatChef
Hello all, and thank you April for your kind words!

It's been difficult to establish a starting point but I think by the time I'd started the duro I had gotten to 68, weighed myself today and was 66.3kg. The first two pills I did 2 days apart to test the waters with side effects and third followed on directly, so about 6 days so far as I got the script last Friday. I'm thinking water weight but it's a start and I'll take it! Also taking it with a grain of salt but the scales seem to be alright if I leave them in the spot they are in now and the readings come up the same consistently.

So all up 1.7kg down and hopefully more to come! I will update soon, wishing everyone a happy mid week! X

So it turns out that sleeping tablets can counteract the effect of duromine apparently. I had restavit and would break one in half as I work nights and really struggle with daytime sleeping. All this led to me feeling groggy 24/7 and ravenous. So I took a week off both duro and restavit and will no longer take the latter, restarted duro yesterday and definitely felt it to be far more effective! A little racy and anxious when it kicked in but I had to just mentally steer myself through it. I found keeping water intake up helped but the best thing so far has been turmeric and ginger tea! Warm drinks in general. I love a brand called Higher Living that you can get at woolies if anyone wants to try it. So fingers crossed that now I'm on track. Hope everyone is keeping well xx

Reactions: Sherlock_76
May the second try go A LOT better and I hope that you will enjoy this journey. =) Have a great weekend and I am looking forward to your next update with some great news! Cheers!

Reactions: TheFatChef
Weight loss is very tricky, so far i have done it without the help of duromine.

8.5kg!

But feel stuck between 87kg-84kg..... i really wanna break this cycle, but its hard. Last year i spent months and months between 90-92kg......

I'm glad im at a lower weight than last year, but my appetite & emotional eating keep me in the extra slow lane.

Would love to hopefully get some Duro to help kick me into the next weight bracket, but until then im going to do it old school, cut my calories to about 1500, at the moment if i go lower than that i binge.....
But it also means slow results which can be frustrating and so i binge, hahahaha, and theres the short version of it.

Angelwings, hi! Welcome to our Duromine community! Bravo on losing so much weight on your own!!! I wish you further success and hope that the process will soon start rolling as it should. If may suggest something, which might help with emotional eating episodes… it may be quite useful to find a hobby which will keep your hands busy, like sewing or knitting, or something else that you enjoy or may be never tried and always wanted to… scrapbooking? =) It helps. It helped me. it also helps to switch to another activity when you see that you’re getting out of hands with a meal. Like loading the dishwasher or the washing machine, or watering flowers.. some simple stuff. Usually, when you switch, ravenous hunger goes away and you can put all of the remaining foods in the fridge and finish the meal at a reasonable amount of food consumed.

Just some tips… and now I am so curious to find out how you managed to lose all that weight!!! What is your routine? I mean, eating, activity, changes… what did you do? It’s great!

The hands thing seems like a good tip actually....

The first two kilos were easy and just came off with the gym and cutting calories
But i struggled at 92-90kg and 90-88kg and now 87-84kg
For months i would loose 2 gain 2 loose 2.... gain....:(
I was doing alot of overeating early last year coupled with many short desperate diets of 800 cal, 1200cal (egg diets, protien bars, protien shakes, Vegan foods) but it just put me in a binge restrict cycle.
Eventually i would strike lucky and restrict, lose a kg and then up my cal then have a good period of time of healthy eating, and i would maintain my new weight loss.
Then i would try again, sometimes my body wasn't ready for another round and i just couldn't cut the calories and i would binge,restrict binge restrict.... its been hard.
It really took ages though, i mean its been about a year and a few months to get to my current weight.
I'm pretty tired of dieting.

I can feel your “pain”… been there, done that. That’s exactly why I decided to begin Duromine, as well.

So… when you get your Duromine, you will have to FORGET ABOUT DIETING. This is not something that you will be doing then, certainly not. You need to make your brain switch to another direction about eating. Of course, easier said than done, BUT it might be your way to your leaner and healthier self. So, get creative, find some useful information on healthy nutrition and develop your eating plan. See, no dieting plan – it’s eating plan. =) At least, at the beginning of the course you will need something like that – a well though-over plan, which will help you never suffer from hunger (hence no blood sugar peaks and falls), ensure that you consume all foods that your body needs to function properly and lose weight at the same time. Further into the course, you will already know how much of what should be on our plate and have an approximate plan for each meal of each day. It might sound too long and boring, but it can help you. And a food diary, as well. Many successful slimmers on Duromine confessed that they had a food diary, which helps them track down their successes and fails, weight loss or gain, and immediately notice the linkage between their food and weight. Ok, I don’t want to bore you, but I really want you to achieve your goal, like really-really! have a lovely day!

Hi,
I’ve been overweight all of my life but particularly since leaving school I have packed on the weight at work, I’ve been working with a personal trainer for two years and am really great with my fitness and going to the gym 4 -5 times a week but still can’t get my eating under control, snacking far too often and eating all the wrong foods. My doctor prescribed me 40mg Duromine last week and I picked it up from the pharmacy but still haven’t been game enough to try it. I think people talking about the side effects has got me freaked out but I so need this kick start in my weight loss journey!
Looking for any advice, Thanks!