MummaJ said:
Wow. Thats a big help thank you for your advice and tips. For the past 2 months i have been on Fat Blaster protein shakes with 1tsp of garcinia powder. Asked GP if this affected duromine at all he says no it wont.. would love to know if anyone or yourself has mixed the 2. Yes will be stocking up on protein bars haha really prepared and cant wait to see results

Hello Mummaj! How is it going? Any progress, any news to share? I truly hope you are still going towards your weight loss goal and are simply keeping it all in secret not to jinx it. ;)) Either way, I would LOVE to have an update on your condition, progress and feelings. Best of luck and a lovely day to you!

Hello nth. How is it going? Any news? Any changes? Did you discuss the issues with your doctor? Still keep my fingers crossed for your weight to reduce. Take care and have a nice week!

Hey there Mrs-B! Hmmm…. I wonder… how are you doing? Are you still fighting or all the enemies are already defeated and forgotten? =)) Yeah, that’s right, I am still talking about the 4 kilos you were aiming to lose when you appeared on the forum last time. Hope you’ll find a couple of minutes to write a few lines. We’re all curious here how you are doing! =) Be well!

Starting my journey tomorrow.
I've been struggling terribly the last year with binging. I've gone from 59-60kg to 70kg! Im so disappointed with myself. The first 5kg I didn't notice but my clothes don't fit and I feel so uncomfortable. I have noticed stretch marks where I've never seen them before and it's really starting to get me down on my day to day life.

This blog is for me but if anyone cares to follow then they are welcome. I feel so lethargic and hope to feel energised, motivated and happier with my body soon.

SW: 70kg
CW: 70kg
GW: 59kg

I hope to reach this goal in 4 months. I know it can be done. I just need to be consistent and patient.
I want to try exercise 3-5 times a week.

Hello! Wish you a happy journey! It’s great you had the forces and understanding to change everything to the way it used to be! I am sure you will get to your goal. Don’t give up and don’t let anything bring you down. Best of luck!

Just noticed your message in the shoutbox. I know how you feel. When it finally hit me that I gained weight, it was too much, and I couldn’t stop crying and blaming myself.

The best thing you can do now is concentrate on NOT how bad you are for letting you go like that, but on how good you are for being ready to stop and shift the situation 180 degrees. Concentrate on that thought, focus on the idea that you are strong enough to shed those nasty kilos, and you are bound to success, if you work hard and have a positive attitude. After all, you’re on your way to getting healthier, slimmer and more self-assured. I saw you already did it once. You might want to re-read your old posts, see how it went back there, realize you might wanna change something this time, and go go GO! =)) Stay strong, happy and dedicated! Cheers

Reactions: 10kgtolose
Day 3

My moods have been all over the shop.
Feeling very happy then anxious and irritable the next but it doesn't last long.
On day 1 I did well until afternoon where I ate a large amount of chocolate. For a split second I thought to myself 'stuff it, I'll never lose the weight' but later that night had a pep talk with myself and did well on day 2 and day 3 so far.
I'm currently walking on my treadmill which is near a mirror and I just noticed so much cellulite on my legs... I've never seen it like that before so that's another motivator.
I really hope I stick to this because I need to lose the weight or I'll just pile on more.

I am down to 68.9 kg this morning.
So a loss of 1.1kg, which I know is water weight but it's good to see my weight going down and not up.

Hope everyone is sticking to their plan :)

Very well done on that attitude! I know it’s hard and such cavings are possible. The main thing is to always get back on track and work harder.

There are various tips about reducing cellulite, and I am sure you will find lots of them on the Internet. The main thing about this nasty curse is to fight it from all sides: nutrition, water, exercise, massage, creams and swimming. Right now you are already working through 3 points. So there’s not so much left to add. =)

Keep it up! Now that the water weight is gone, time to rock it! =) Take care and have a nice day!

Hi nth! I wonder how you are doing, and if you are still on Duromine? Hope your health condition gets better and wish you a great day!

Scribbles said:
I'm Sharon and I'm 55 (alright 55 and 1/2). Glad to see some more "mature" people here! I've only been going 8 days so I'm relatively new.
Hi im christina 52 and trying to "shift" weight while on ten hr night shifts 5- 6 times a week.and going through menopause. I feel my hot and sweaty episodes seem worst since starting the duromine begining of this month. Does it get any easier

Hi guys I'm 47 and I've been seriously overweight 108kgs 165cms for about 5 years now. I've lost over 10 kilos in the last month and I'm feeling really great.
Of course it's much harder to lose weight as we get older and I've noticed all those old tricks I used in my 20's and 30's to lose weight fast or effectively no longer work for me. Also the rewards of exercise are much harder to achieve now. When I was 28 and a size 10 I could walks 5kms and my bum would be higher and my stomach flatter almost instantly. Now it makes no immediate difference
But rather than getting down about it I've decided to just throw out all I have known about weight loss ( let's face it our generation can tell you the calorie content of almost anything) and start again
Firstly by liking myself. Secondly by never comparing my body to YOUNGER women. Thirdly by accepting that this weight loss will likely take 2 years, there are no quick fixes after 40 and lastly remembering that I won't ever be size 10 and 28 again but then I was an idiot at 28. So who cares, I like who I am now, she's really smart and funny and nice and confident, okay she has more junk in the trunk, but I can deal with that. I want at 47 to lose weight consciously but without falling victim to all that crap when we are young about being skinny because that's the only way to be attractive or feel young and desirable. I'm hot! As I'm sure you girls are too! I just want to be able to run around after future grand kids and walk through Greek ruins on holidays without puffing. To have loads of energy to walk the Carmino Del Santiago and enjoy the best years of my life.
Wishing everyone here a great and healthy journey full of self love xxx

Ok so I picked up my prescription today for 40mg, tomorrow is going to be day 1, I'd be keen to hear of anyone starting their journey or any advice on what to expect...

I have ALOT of weight to lose so this is really important. I want to be healthy. I've also joined a gym and have been working out 3 days per week. Now I just need to smash this!

Current weight around 133kg
Height 166cm
Goal weight 75kg

Any advice/encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Pammie! From the bottom of my heart I wish you to have a very successful experience with Duromine and great results on your way to a healthy weight. All I want to tell you is that you should be ready that it might be difficult, that you might get upset at times, that times come when you want to quite everything – all these are possible, yet you already now your goal: YOU WANT TO BE HEALTHY! Always keep it in mind and if you need to talk to someone, please feel free to leave your thoughts here. People are so supportive and full of personal experience!

First couple of tips are to set up a good healthy eating plan (go steady with proper nutrition without getting to extremes), start being physically active (might be hard at the beginning, yet the stamine builds every days, just like your muscles grow stronger with each move you make) – and get a couple of sessions with a personal trainer so that he develops a proper training program for your physical condition and current weight, and the last one: WATER, WATER, WATER! Duromine requires a good hydration, and you should never forget about this, especially when you are training.

Never forget: You are strong enough to overcome it all. You can do it! Best of luck!

Thank you so much April, I am focused and determined. I know it won't be easy but I'm in it for the long haul. I normally drink between 2-3 litres a day of water so I don't think water intake will be an issue for me. Do you have any advice on what time to take the duromine? This moring I took at 7am so was worried it may be a little late as i notice most people take earlier. On my gym days I'm up at 5am so will aim to take it then.

Here's to a successful day 1!

Ok so Day 1 went reasonably well... high 5 !!!

I didn't have too many side effects, I had a strange metallic taste in my mouth towards the later part of the day and I've had a banging headache since 8pm last night but I managed 8 hours sleep and drank 3 litres of water so all good.

For Brekkie I had some natural yoghurt with blueberries and pumpkin seeds, I had a few meetings which meant I grabbed lunch around 3pm , I wasn't hungry but wanted to eat something so had a grilled chicken salad. After work I did some housework and as my headache worsened I didn't really want to eat so I skipped dinner and managed 8 hours sleep.

I woke this morning, took my pill at 5am then went to the gym and done 45 min cardio. I don't feel hungry (which is great!) but I don't think I've experienced this burst of energy people talk about, its still early days so will keep you posted.

Bring on day 2!

Hello Pammie! High 5 back for a great day 1! =)

If you didn’t have any side effects like insomnia, it means you don’t really need to take Duromine too early in the morning. As a rule, people try to take it as early as possible if they suffer from Duromine-induced insomnia. This is all so individual. You will just have to check it on yourself and see what suits you the best. Headaches are another possible side effect of Duromine. If you can’t bear it, have a Panadol or Ibuprofen. It should subside in a couple of days though.,.

Ok, the burst of energy is another thing that doesn’t hit each and every Duromine user. Some have it, while other experience not a lightest hint on it. Either way, I have to tell you that you are BRAVO for this gym session and I hope you will manage to review your nutrition so that you don’t have such long intervals between the meals. Don’t interfere the metabolism boost that Duromine provides with your metabolism-slowing meals schedule. Try to have some small simple snacks if you don’t have the possibility to eat normally. A couple of nuts or seeds, or a fruit, or a vegetable. Drop something in the system to let it work non-stop.

Looking forward to your day 2 update! Keep up the good attitude!

Thanks so much for your advice and encouragement April!

Day 2 went ok.

My headaches got pretty bad, I took painkillers and got no relief so I left work early as I couldn't cope.

Food wise very similar, I had yoghurt and berries for brekkie, I ate lunch around 1pm and had a chicken salad and dinner I had a small chicken stir fry with lots of veggies.

Lots of water - 3.5 litres.

I slept a good 8 hours so fingers crossed I dont get any insomnia! Dont have any headache this morning so fingers crossed I've gotten rid of them.

When is it best to weight myself? I was thinking a week in but I dont know if I can wait until then.

Here's to day 3!!!

Hello Pammie! Sounds like you’re eating quite right, well done. I just don’t notice any snacks.. a couple of berries or nuts would be nice.

Crossing my fingers too for no headaches… However, they should be gone in a couple of days. But hope you’ll have none starting from today. Have a wonderful day 3 Pammie!

Hi April,

I try not to snack, is that good or bad? I feel like sometimes if I snack it can lead to me overeating.

Sleeping is going great, no issues at all yay!!! Headaches have also gone, yipeeeeeeeeee... I feel more and more thirsty every day so I am drinking around 3-4 litres of water per day which is good. I think my skin is looking clearer already.

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in, 1 full week down and I am sooooooooo nervous but also excited as I know I've worked hard, I will keep you posted! :)

Hello Pammie. You know, the main thing about your nutrition plan is that you get a required amount of calories and useful substances. If you worry that you might overeat, if you start snacking, all you have to do, is count the daily caloric value of your menu for a couple of days. this will help you understand where you are at and whether you can afford introducing 1-2 snacks, like a banana in the first part of the day and a small tube of natural yogurt in the second part of the day.

Woooohooo for all the good changes and no more torturing from side effects. And an improvement in skin condition is indeed a lovely bonus! Very happy for you! looking forward to tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed for your success!

A lovely day to you!!!