Starting Tomorrow

SimoneAP

Standard Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cape Town
Hi everyone! Feeling nervous, starting with D 30mg tomorrow. I've used it once before but gave up. I give up on diets all the time, I just feel I can't make it.
Now I don't have a choice, I'm engaged getting married in 7 months. Weighing 95kg and hoping to be 70ish on my wedding day!
Wish me good luck, I'm so happy I found this forum.. I truly don't feel so alone!
My biggest fear is being s fat bride! Here is to day 1 This is the start of something great!!! Good luck to everyone starting. Xx

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Welcome dear!
You are not alone surely, we are here to support you now. And I must say, your current weight is not that big (I used to be bigger LOL) so let it be your starting motivation to believe that this time you will make it.

Congratulations on your engagement! We ladies, want to look perfect in this day more than anything else in the world))) True. So I wish you a good luck and stay strong, believe you can do this. Just follow your plan and don't be too hard on yourself. Look through the forum, there are lots of useful information form all of us. Have a great day!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

SimoneAP

Standard Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cape Town
Thanku Kate!! This is such a great support group! And the world out there deems fat as unacceptable! It's a wonderful feeling knowing that I'm not alone!
I appreciate your reply xx

Maxifrog

Standard Member
Oct 11, 2014
Congratulations on your engagement SimoneAP, I started Duromine yesterday as I too have a wedding to attend soon. My youngest son announced his engagement on 22 sept and as they have been together for 5 years they have decided to get married this December, which dosent give me a lot of time to shed some weight. I realise that I only have a few weeks but I am hoping to shed about 10kgs before the wedding. I say shed because every time I have lost weight I have always found it Nd more again. I am so pleased to have found this forum to have others to share this experience with.

Reactions: SimoneAP

SimoneAP

Standard Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cape Town
Thank you Maxiefrog and congratulations to your son and his wife to be! You can definitely do it. My doctor told me that duromine does work, you have to take it at the same time everyday and after 3 days it starts working with your brain. She also indicated that I should try and cut my carb intake as protein keeps one fuller for longer and carbs makes one hungry quickly.... And.... Eat only when you hungry.
I've always been struggling with my weight and it's made me so unhappy, I can't feel this way in my wedding day!
All the best, let's stay in touch! So happy I have support too xx

RNB

Standard Member
Oct 30, 2014
Thank you Maxiefrog and congratulations to your son and his wife to be! You can definitely do it. My doctor told me that duromine does work, you have to take it at the same time everyday and after 3 days it starts working with your brain. She also indicated that I should try and cut my carb intake as protein keeps one fuller for longer and carbs makes one hungry quickly.... And.... Eat only when you hungry.
I've always been struggling with my weight and it's made me so unhappy, I can't feel this way in my wedding day!
All the best, let's stay in touch! So happy I have support too xx
Hi SimoneAP, I was in the same boat as you this time last year. I got married in Nov so started taking Duromine in Sept. I was on Duromine for 3 months in total (30mg). I lost 20+kg in those 3 months & to be honest, I actually didn't exercise much. The only exercise I done was walking (we don't own a car & live in the city, so everythings within walking distance).
Unfortunately, I've put all the weight back on that I lost & had to beg my doc to put me on Duromine again.
I decided to take redundancy from my job when offered last Oct (so I've been off work for a year now as I was at my job for over 10 years - the payout was goood!!). Anyways, just letting you know that it def does work. I weighed 154kg & got down to 127kg by the time I got married. Everyone noticed that I had lost weight & I actually didn't really notice I had lost weight until I went for my final wedding dress fitting where they had to take it in!
So now I'm on day 3 on 40mg. I had to beg my doc to put me on it again. At least now I know what I need to do to lose the weight & hoping I can lose more this time. (FYI - I'm currently 145kg).

Reactions: Lodd