• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi Hannah,

I was worried about doing crossfit whilst on duromine as it is such a high intensity work out.

Tonight I did my first work out and really all I noticed was more of a dry mouth than when I usually work out and sometimes I needed an extra sec to get my breath back. But I never felt my heart racing or felt light headed.

The workout I did is below:

Warm up

3min AMRAP: 3 Med ball cleans, 6 O/H sit ups, 9 Medball Thrusters

Strength

6 rounds

Work up to heaviest load

2 Strict press + 2 Push press + 1 Jerk

Rest exactly 2mins between rounds

then

1 x max rep push press at heaviest load

WOD

6 Rounds

30 Double unders or 60 singles

10 T2B

10 Hang power cleans

I am not as organised as well, I'm taking your que and getting my diet in check ASAP. I'm just day one, so far so good, I'm just taking 15 mg 1 st month. I can't exercise hard I have plantas facilitis in both feet :( I had injections and it's helped, infact I'm really good until I attempt a run or power walk, I'm going to do a bit of high intensity walking up and down stairs and normal walking.

Good luck :) another one to follow! 20+ kilo in 3 months is very achievable from what I've seen :)

KaylaLouise said:
Hi Hannah,

I was worried about doing crossfit whilst on duromine as it is such a high intensity work out.

Tonight I did my first work out and really all I noticed was more of a dry mouth than when I usually work out and sometimes I needed an extra sec to get my breath back. But I never felt my heart racing or felt light headed.

The workout I did is below:

Warm up

3min AMRAP: 3 Med ball cleans, 6 O/H sit ups, 9 Medball Thrusters

Strength

6 rounds

Work up to heaviest load

2 Strict press + 2 Push press + 1 Jerk

Rest exactly 2mins between rounds

then

1 x max rep push press at heaviest load

WOD

6 Rounds

30 Double unders or 60 singles

10 T2B

10 Hang power cleans

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Kayla, thanks for the tips, that's what I'm most worried about. I love Crossfit and was worried about my heart exploding out of my chest! I am going to go this afternoon, because so far - no side effects at all.

tarme said:
Hi iam starting tomorrow also. Iam not as organized as you. I weigh 107 kg and My goal is under 90 kg. Good luck on your journey.

Tarme, good luck to you too! I'm feeling just fine. I think I was just being a bit dramatic. Haha.
Typical_Jules said:
I am not as organised as well, I'm taking your que and getting my diet in check ASAP. I'm just day one, so far so good, I'm just taking 15 mg 1 st month. I can't exercise hard I have plantas facilitis in both feet :( I had injections and it's helped, infact I'm really good until I attempt a run or power walk, I'm going to do a bit of high intensity walking up and down stairs and normal walking.

Good luck :) another one to follow! 20+ kilo in 3 months is very achievable from what I've seen :)

Aw Jules, that's no good about the plantas faciltis :(, hopefully you find something you really like. It took me ages to find Crossfit, I tried heaps of different things. I'm sure there's something fun for exercise out there! Let me know if you find something :)

Day one completed well. Lots of energy. I will tell you about my self. I own a newsagency and I start work 4.30am to 3pm. I get very tired and eat more for energy. I use to weigh 85 kg 5 years ago and now 107 kg. When I stress I turned to food. Iam hoping duromine will keep my mind off food and have more women power. Cheers

That's great everyone. I'm at the end of my 2nd day. A bit less energetic than I'd hoped (haha), but still exercising and getting out and about. No side effects - hardly even a dry mouth. I get vaguely hungry at meal times, but it's easy to ignore.
Keep going everyone!

Reactions: tarme
Hi all. I have one side affect.......I was up until 1 am last night. I had to work at 4.30am.. But for some some reason I wasn't tired all day. In fact I had so much energy. Weird hey

tarme said:
Hi all. I have one side affect.......I was up until 1 am last night. I had to work at 4.30am.. But for some some reason I wasn't tired all day. In fact I had so much energy. Weird hey

That would def be the duromine kicking in. I used to feel like I was walking around with my eyes wide wide open!!

Today was day 6 for me. I know longer really feel like I'm on it like that buzz or unusual head feeling.

I don't really have the dry mouth but I have greatly upped my water in take to about 2-3 litres a day.

I weighed myself this morning and I 2.5kgs done but I sort feel like it will be short lived I don't know why.

Currently also sick, still took my tablet this morning and didn't affect me.

Hope everyone else is still going good ^_^

KaylaLouise said:
Today was day 6 for me. I know longer really feel like I'm on it like that buzz or unusual head feeling.

I don't really have the dry mouth but I have greatly upped my water in take to about 2-3 litres a day.

I weighed myself this morning and I 2.5kgs done but I sort feel like it will be short lived I don't know why.

Currently also sick, still took my tablet this morning and didn't affect me.

Hope everyone else is still going good ^_^
Iam not sick just awake. I don't have a dry mouth. I don't feel bloated. I think iam loosing fluid first.

Hmm usually when people first start losing weight people always say oh it just fluid loss but I wonder if that is the case with us because before duromine I had been really naughty with my water intake barely drinking a litre but now I'm drinking a lot.

Anyways a loss is a loss and if that stomach is getting flatter due to less bloating that's still a good sign :)

Typical_Jules said:

Hi Jules, get yourself some orthopedic insoles for your trainers/ and you will feel the difference in your heels, I cannot be without them,I also bought myself a pair of orthotic sandals for summer and and the price was not to bad, at all .I am able to walk barefoot around the house for short periods now, where as before my feet could not touch the ground when I climbed out of bed in the morning..You can purchase these at Athletes foot and most chemists sell the insoles and shoes at reasonable prices ..All the best this week, keep going !!

Typical_Jules said:
i have lost 3 cm from my stomach into my first week, that's not fluid, is it? i have no idea how that works, whatever, its still weight :)
Typical Jules, that is a gr cm loss girl !!keep going !!!

Typical_Jules said:
i have lost 3 cm from my stomach into my first week, that's not fluid, is it? i have no idea how that works, whatever, its still weight :)

Realistically we all want to like what we see in the mirror and atm just link that to a number on the scale because that is the reason we don't like what we see. But eventually that number will be smaller but we still might not like what we see because we want to be smaller. But there will come a time that what we will see in the mirror won't be linked to the number on the scale. It'll be the size clothes that you are in or how much definition you have in your muscles. It's not all about the scales because less face it if were a size 8, 10 or 12 or whatever you want to be and weighed 80 or 100 kg it wouldn't be so bad cause you like what you saw in the mirror cause it was smaller, slimmer, thinner.
So measuring is a really good way to not get too obsess with that number on the scale. DONT BECOME A SLAVE TO IT!!

Jules 3 cm is awesome and it's Prob from your smaller meals and less sodium intake which is high in junk food. Your body is already changing :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hannahmaw and tarme
Well said KaylaLouise! I decided not to measure myself other than the scales. Otherwise I get a bit obsessive.

I used a heart rate monitor in crossfit this morning and burnt over 600 calories - so I'll definitely be keeping that exercise up! Thanks for calming my nerves :)

Wow 600 calories!! Your must have been working your arse off, literally. Good work!!

I only went once this week as I got sick :( still not feeling 100% and surprisingly tired the last couple of days, excited for bed time.

But I weighed in today and I've lost 3.2kgs :) only 1.8kgs to my first goal.

So I am very happy that the number on the scales is finally going down.

We're doing it girls!!

Reactions: Kyles
Hi everyone ☺️

First day on 30mg after haunting these forums for a few weeks. I'm so pleased and inspired to read of so many successes! It didn't take much convincing to approach my GP about it and he agreed to a prescription.

It's not the first time I've used Duromine, but I'm confident I'm in a better stage in my life to make change and learn more about diet! No more yo-yo or quick fixes that last a week.

I'm challenging myself to 30 days of healthy living.

No point waffling on about why I got fat, it's really easy. I drink and eat too many calories. Simple. I hit the weight I am now then go down, then up again to this heavy. I have used all the excuses but really, it's my habits and my lifestyle that need a kick up the butt.

So here I am!

I have mini goals set at 5kg which I plan on having beauty treatments as a reward! My poor feet sure know the burden of excess weight.

So here goes!

SW - 111kg
GW - 65kg

I'm aiming for a dress size of Aus 12.