• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Sounds like you're in a very good head space :) I can relate to the fear of weighing in. I was honestly so nervous for my first weigh in and even the second or third. I always thought that even though I'd lost last week that I would gain the next.

Most people on here do experience a really good loss in the first week and yes it may be water weight but if your losing the water that your body has been holding on to because of the sodium in take of your old diet then it's still a loss right?

Def keep up your water intake, I finding having a bottle helps me more than just glasses of water. I read somewhere, whether it's true or not I don't know, that being adequately hydrated we improve the ability to burn fat by up to 30%.

Love how your so positive ! Send some my way ! I'm sick of being the fat girl and this is day 6 - weigh in on Wednesday so we will see !! The food thing is like you said , it feels like a chore to eat !! I'm having to put reminders on my phone otherwise I'm sure I could go most of the day without it and just keep drinking water and green tea !! you got this - keep it up !!! No more fat girl thoughts .

Wow really Kayla?! That's good to know...Be right back, just going to chug a litre of water!! ;)
& yes nessa I agree! That reminder idea is clever I'm going to start doing that too.
You guys are awesome! :laughing:

Reactions: Melmo and Nessa22
So at the start of this week I came home with the box my new friend "Duromine" 15mg to be honest I'm so excited...but nervous too. I have a tendency of not sticking to my weightloss programs because one I don't see any chance I begin to give up and first thing that helped a lot before deciding to drink that first pill this morning was my visits to my psychologist dealing with what's making me an emotional eater. I'm weighing about 103.4kg and 160cm tall.
Today my journey began...and with you guy by my side I'm sure I'll have a successful one.
I must say the energy is the bonus. I even spring cleaned my room and made supper my mom sister were shocked too. I feel good and I believe in no time I'll look good too.

Last edited:
Stay positive Zhan!! You're going to stick to it this time.
I had similar stats to you when I started. I'm 165cm tall and and 6.5 weeks ago I weighed 111.6kgs and today I weighed myself and I'm 103.2kgs. I like you have tried many times but never stuck anything out to even have time to see a change.

Duromine won't do the work for you but they are a great aid just like this site :)

Reactions: tarme
Thank you...If I ever feel down and giving up I'll give you a shout Kayla...I cannot wait I'm so looking forward for the festive season with a new me.

Reactions: christine V
Definitely do!! If your anything like me you will have your ups and downs, self doubt and will be so worried especially in the first few weeks that the scale won't move but having people on here to talk to and vent to has been such an amazing help and everyone on here is really supportive and happy to help anyway they can

I got to the hospital scare here at work and I really thought I 110kg to my suprised I'm still under 105 but what I notice is that my butt and tummy are bigger than before. I'll have to measure and weigh myself to really see if I'm making any progress.

Yes, Zhan, you will make it, just have to trust yourself and your body. It'll tell you what to do. Of course, you may have some side effects, but usually if you follow the recommendations, they disappear pretty quickly. So I say: Welcome and good luck! :)

Reactions: KaylaLouise
Good luck Zhan and welcome to the wonderful forum . So many positive vibes and stories here. I've only been taking my duromine for 1 week, 3kg down and sleeping great. I started at 100.9kg , today 97.9kg.

Reactions: Zhan
I hope you guys don't mind if I vent a little here.

I'm new to this website, I only really found it because, like most people, you start trolling the Internet when you don't feel like you have anywhere else to turn. For the first time in my life the scales actually scared me. I won't lie, I've been slim (curvy slim) and fit my entire life. Without going into detail, my looks play a big part in my profession which is very visible in the media. The past two times in the last 15 years my weight has fluctuated to a point where my work ceased, a very brief stint on Duromine helped me really refocus and get back to game weight. I've always managed to maintain it. Just over a year and a half ago I broke my foot and then got a terrible bout of glandular fever knocked me out for a while. 2 weeks in to my 'fitness comeback', my mother was diagnosed with dementia... It;s come on quick, I became her primary carer and have not worked since. We finally got her some part time care so I could return to work...When I weighed myself a few weeks ago, I was 25 kg heavier than I was two years ago. I was astounded! No time to mope though, as an old network heard I was 'back' and cast me in a show... 1st day on set... whispers... second day on set... I get called in to the network office and fired. Not in a mean way - but that's the world of TV - if you don't look certain way... you can't work.
So the pressure is on and I've been desperately trying to lose weight, but for the first time in my life it's just not budging. To make matters work the network called me back and said if I can get back to a small size 12 by Christmas they have a new show for me. And let's face it, I desperately need it, after being sick for so long/caring for my mother, I've got myself into a bit of debt. I know, not the idea career, but it's what I love... and I enjoy it... This side of it is harder the older I get though. I desperately need this, financially - and for me. I've been caring for so long now I need to do this for myself. And no doctor will help me.

I went to my doctor - and she refused to give me Duromine. As did the second one I went to. I just don't know where to turn.

Not quite sure why i'm writing this here... I just feel so alone sometimes. I hope you all don't mind.

Reactions: Sunet
Hi, Rosie
Of course we don't mind, because here is first of all a support for those who need it and you seem to need it :)
It happens often that doctors won't prescribe the pills for different reasons... one of them addiction to the pills and side effects. But if weight becomes life threatening they have to do it. Maybe you weren't that much convincing and you should make another try in other doctor's?
Just check your BMI accurately and if it shows 'overweight' - 'obese' then he just should prescribed it to you. Or you might suffer from other disorders caused by overweight...Also you can tell him what measures you took to lose weight on your own - nothing helped, so you need a kick start bla bla bla...

I hope you will make the right choice and doctor will finally prescribe it to you, but please do not buy it online without prescription. Who knows what scam you might face.
Good luck and feel free to visit us here and let us know how you're doing, ok? ;)

Reactions: Melmo
Wow, Kate. Thank you so much for the response and support. I didn't ever expect someone to be so generous of their time and it made my day begin in a far nicer way than I expected. I'm determined to do it via prescription, fingers crossed. And thank you so much again! Have a fantastic day. :)

Reactions: Melmo
Anytime dear ;)
Have a great day you too!

I'm so excited!

After a long wait I am FINALLY starting my Duromine journey tomorrow! I have written about struggling with my weight/situation on the forums before so I won't blather on again... I am just overjoyed to finally have a start day. I'm "due" in a few days, so i'm expecting in the first week to have a considerable loss... but a lot of that will be hormonal/water. Tonight I will anxiously be charting and measuring everything. In the past i've found a thorough weekly weigh in and measure is fantastic at keeping me on track and, in the event of a bad week, great to drive me to push harder.

I have a starting weight of 88kgs. I am looking to get to about 63-65kgs, but only really want to use Duromine to get me in to the low 70's. From there my body will be "lithe" enough to play ball and in a better condition to take more intense workouts and I can use my own drive to get me through the home straight (or the home 8! )(kgs).

I'll make sure I keep checking in here to share my progress. My experience with Duromine about 9 years ago means I am already expecting the considerably less sleep and the cotton mouth. But, that I can cope with.

I can't wait!!!! It begins tomorrow!!!!

Reactions: KatieB and Melmo
Congratulations! Sounds like you're in the right head space, I'm sure you'll do fantastically. Good luck Rosie :) x

Reactions: Rosie C
Hi... I started today. My starting weight is 90 and am hoping to loose 15kg. 20 would be amazing!! Look fwd to hearing how u go

Reactions: Rosie C and Melmo
HI, I started this morning on 30mg. My weight is 95 and I'm sick of yo yo dieting. I'm hoping this helps kick start it. I took it at 5:30 and am at work now and definately its strarting to kick in. I've got a very dry mouth :)

Oh! I'm so glad there is a few of us starting at the same time - I'll make sure I update you as I get any results.
5.30am is a great time to take it. I remember when I had it about 9 years ago, I used to leave one on my nightstand with some water and set my alarm for 4am. I'd take it and go straight back to sleep. By 6am i was UP!!! but i certainly made sleeping at night easier.

Good luck, everyone!!

Reactions: Fatmumfit and Melmo
I leave home at 6 and normally have my breakfast at work at 7. HOnestly I'm not hungry and not interested in eating it yet.
I've got a dry mouth but have lots of water and think i will be fine. I do have valium at home for anxiety so if I can't sleep I know half a one of those will help me through that