• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
welcome Heather, good luck on your journey Im on day 3 and so far I havent had any bad symptoms apart from being unable to sleep alot but thats quite normal :) I have already dropped some weight but I do know that its only water atm but still its something :)

Reactions: Heather
Hi there

I feel it is important that we educate one another in this forum as well as we embark on the weight loss journey. I will share with you of what my experiences have been and give you a little bit of knowledge on what I know and have learnt when trying to lose weight.

I am on day 4 and have dropped 1kg and I'm happy. I was not able to sleep properly for the first two days, i was restless, could not fall into deep sleep and but on the third day, that is yesterday I fell asleep easily and I slept like a baby. I am also drinking lots of water as I get thirsty and I do not crave junk foods like sweets, chips, cookies anymore. I eat my 3 healthy meals per day and I snack with pocorn, fruit or fat free plain yoghurt in between my main meals.

Please do not starve yourself in order to lose weight quickly, rather have small portions of healthy food, also eat regurlary to speed up your metabolism.
Duromine is not a replacement for food, so eat, but little portions.
My typical day:
When I wake up at 6h15am I take my duromine with two glasses of water, drop off kids at school, head for gym (usually aerobic class or spinning class) which is an hour long. During breaks in class i take water and by the time the class is finished I have already drunk 1 litre of water. Immediately after gym I have my breakfast because I carry it with me to gym and I prepare or pack my breakfast, snacks and lunch the night before, it really helps in that you do not end up eating unhealthy take-aways on the way. Also have those quick cup- a- soup (lite) handy wherever you go or at home. They really help when you come back from work and you want something to eat before preparing dinner.

I have reduced my caffeine intake as well, from 4 cups of tea/coffee a day, if i feel like tea i now have 1 cup of rooibos with a sweetner per day. I had headaches when i started as the body was used to caffeine and now has withdrawal symptoms, i drank a lot of water and put lemon slices in it to have some flavour, and on day two, the headache was not so severe, i carried on with my water and on day three the headache was completely gone. I am no longer dependant on caffeine

Duromine has helped me with suppressing appeting and taking away the cravings for unhealthy foods but I still eat even if I am not hungry for energy and speeding up my metabolism. If you don't eat you'll have a slow metabolism , you will not lose weight much at any given period.

For example: This is my typical menu for the day.
Breakfast: 60g bran flakes with skim milk

Mid morning snack: apple and fat free plain yoghurt.

Lunch: 150g baby potatoes, 100g Spinach, 100g butternut, half a tub of fat free cottage cheese.

Afterrnoon snack: Popcorn cooked in microwave (no fat)

Dinner: Hake and a bowl of salad. Salad consists of lettuce, 1 small/medium tomatoe, cucumber, a few olives and I poured a reduced fat salad dressing.

For me it is important that i eat properly so that after or as I lose the weight I don't look like i have just been sick, i still want to look healthy and my skin to glow, otherwise what is the point of shedding the extra weight and with the weight loss you look old, dull, saggy and unhealthy. Beauty starts from the inside, we are what we eat.

That is just my opinion.

So hang in there and the best of luck to you!!!

Reactions: mmnisi
Hi there,
I think you have a great attitude to your weight loss - good luck :)

Reactions: Heather
Philzk!:)
I love your way of thinking and your diet plan!
"Please do not starve yourself in order to lose weight quickly, rather have small portions of healthy food, also eat regurlary to speed up your metabolism.
Duromine is not a replacement for food, so eat, but little portions." - totally agree, in fact that's what I keep saying to all people, who want to lose weight properly and successfully.

" ...i drank a lot of water and put lemon slices in it to have some flavour" - again agree with that, since lemon not only adds some flavor but also increases metabolism and fat burn.

All in all I am very glad we have you here, dear! I hope other ladies will find your posts helpful and you will find some tips here for yourself too. Good luck in weight loss!

Hi aliicatz how have you been going? How's the gym and walking?

Hi Crazycat, I have been doing really well :)Had one day last week where I didn't take a tablet due to having an anxiety attack!! I went to see my doctor and she checked my blood pressure and it was fine so I started them up again the next day. Am still walking and I have been trying to get to the gym but haven't managed it lately due to having sick kids etc. Haven't weighed myself since day 6 where I had lost a total of 5kgs Im now on day 12 and feeling great, people are noticing that Im losing weight :) How are you going?

Reactions: BeachBum and Kate
Hi, Allicatz74!
Good to know everything's fine and your BP is in norm. Sorry for the kids, but it's inevitable.
Oh, when people start noticing you lose weight it means you really do great! Congrats!

Good morning everyone. I started the duromine on friday 20/06/2013. I was 120 kg 2n a half years ago I lost 50 kg and had trouble loosing the rest.my doctor put me in the tablets as I have polycystic ovary syndrome and have been told I cant have kids and could result in cancer if I dint loose more. I was a little ify going in them but I love the extra energy they give you really helps me push myself at the gym and that u always feel full havent slept much tho. Ive lost 4kgs already want to be 60-65kg and almost have my old personality back and a little more self confidence as I am a shy quiet person my 7 yr old boy loves all the energy I have now to. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey to their goal.

Good morning Summerstorm and good luck with getting to where you want to get to. Good on you for losing the 50kg! that is an incredible effort :)

Hi all
How is everyone going with their weight loss??? I have not long just started and slowly losing the weight and hoping that everyone has stuck with it and lost what they were looking for

Hi everone,

This is my first day on Duromine. I don't have any side effects so far. Hope it works...

Izzy-ozzy said:

Hi everone,

This is my first day on Duromine. I don't have any side effects so far. Hope it works...

Hi Izzy Ozzy, Good Luck....... Remember to drink lots of water and remember that you must eat even if it’s just a few bites!!!! Keep us posted on you progress. I’m almost done with my first week (Tomorrow is Weigh in), will updated my weigh-in details on my blog. Hope you find your journey to be great and that reach your goal weight!!!

Reactions: Kate
Good Luck :) Drink lots of water, I'm on my third week and loving it! no side affects appart from dry mouth :)

My Weigh in is updated... :)

Grace said:
Good Luck :) Drink lots of water, I'm on my third week and loving it! no side affects appart from dry mouth :)
Hello, Grace!
How much did you lose since these three weeks, if I may ask?

Hi my name is Tash and I am 21 100kg.

I have struggled all my life to loss weight but no matter how healthy I eat or how fit I get I never shed the kilos (I mainly gain muscle making me look bigger). I have been asking my family doctor to put me on some type of weight loss drug for years and he never would.

When I came to uni I put on a further 15kg and was starting to get very depressed with how I looked. I went to a doctor in Wagga and she suggested Duromine. After some research I agreed to take it.

This is my journey.

So I started Metermine 30mg (chemist suggested) on Monday and I am not sure if I am feeling different. I definitely don't get hungry but I am still eating and not feeling full. I think I am feeling more awake but not overly. I usually feel extremely tired all day for no reason but now I feel normal which is nice. I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week and do a mixture of cardio, weights and own body exercises.

It hasn't been a week yet but I checked and I'm only 99.8kg. I was hoping for a bigger drop seeing as most people get the most results in the first two weeks. Ive cut my already healthy meals in half now to see if I can get better results. I really want to lose weight for a Holiday I am going on in December so I hope the kilos start shedding off.

Starting Weight: 100kg
Week 1 Result: ???
Goal Weight: 70kg

Fingers crossed.

So I have stopped weighing myself every day because it was a little depressing, and I hope if I look at it on Monday there will be a bigger difference. I am getting my personal trainer friend to give me the full weigh in so I'll know lots of details like muscle gain and fat loss. So If i haven't lost any kilos hopefully I have lost fat and built muscle which will help in the fat burning in the long run.

What I do everyday:
0800 - Wake up and have tablet with water
0815 - Breakfast (One egg omelette with tabouli mixed in) with coffee to stop constipation... yuck!
1200 (10:00 weekends) - Gym for 1 - 1.5 hours. Have a banana afterwards
1400 - Lunch: If I feel like it I'll have a chicken wrap, otherwise I just have some green tea.
1600 - Go to work. Have a peice of fruit (apple or mandy) half way through shift.
2030 - Home and make dinner. Usually a small piece of stake with steamed veggies and a green tea.
2400 - Go to sleep.

I already had a thirst craving before starting Metermine so I'm used to drinking lots of water.
I drink almost 2L of water just at the gym.
And probably another 2 - 3L throughout the day.
I don't really drink anything else unless the off chance I go out with a friend I'll have a vodka, lime and soda or a vodka lemonade if I'm feeling naughty :)

I don't have any problems sleeping, though I do go to bed pretty late anyway. I have, however, been getting woken up by this stupid bird every morning at 6am and find it hard to get back to sleep. I usually lie awake thinking of ways to ... kill ... it lol. But when I finally get up at 8 I'm wide awake which Is unfortunate coz I love a sleep in lol.

If there is anything I might need to fix can someone give me a heads up.

Tomorrow is weigh in day!! Really nervous but been hitting the gym really hard lately so hopefully I'll get some results!!

Wish me luck