Well i know i said i wasn't going to weigh myself until the Dr does but just couldn't help myself tonight at a friends place..... the scales were just sitting there staring at me.... so i did... i jumped on... and nearly died. 10 days.... 8.3kgs. :) that was after dinner too.
I realise there may be a difference between the Dr scales and my friends but it couldn't be that huge surely...... i even checked that the scales went higher than what i saw- and they do a lot higher. So I'm pretty happy right now :)

Starting weight this morning was 91.5kgs
Today I had so much energy, first day on duromine.
I went to a local doctor, and he prescribed me 40mg for 3months, said to have a break then he will give me another 3 months. And by then I should be at a healthy weight.
I'd love to weigh 60kgs I'm (159cm)
I'm scared because I know I will lose it, but I'm scared I won't be able to maintain it, and put it all back on :-(
Today I ate a peice of toast (this was before my app) and a small bowel of mince/cabbage chow mein at night (it took me 8 hours to eat I couldn't even look at food.
I'm so full I feel ill. My house is now spotless, but now I'm tired. I have a 2 and a half year old and a 4 month old (just finished up breast feeding)

Anyway wish me luck! And good luck to everyone out there :) we all deserve to be happy in our skin

Goodluck for your journey leah. If you do want to maintain your loss my suggestion, ( and it only is mine)would be to use a calorie tracker. This is what im doing to ensure i learn and ingrain in myself better habits. It helps make you more aware. Im still eating the 'normal' food i would have before.... smaller portions no takeaway (but still couldnt stop the chocolate over easter and my period time) and so far just over 3 weeks ive lost 8.9kgs. Not bad for minor changes and healthy choices. I figure if i do it this way im more likely to maintain a healthy weight at the end. Goodluck!

Reactions: Leah G
The app im using is my net diary (BTW)

Wow you've done great! Thats a great idea, that's how I lost my first 8kgs by myself was tracking with my fitness pal :)
I wish I felt this way about food naturally... I'm not thinking about to every second of the day .. I'm not thinking about my next meal etc. it's nice!
Did you exercise to lose?

It is nice isnt it.... i bought myself a rip off fit bit and am just trying to make sure i do 10000 steps every day. It ends up being between 1.5 and 2 hrs walking a day. Which i dont do in big blocks cause i dont have time but over the course of the day each step adds up. Im consciously taking the stairs more and certainly have more 'spring' in my steps since starting duro. I just want to make myself more accountable but keep it realistic :) i dont have time or money for a gym membership so walking it is. Its something my daughter and i do together on the weekends. Usually about a 5k round trip with her then if i need a few extra steps i put on youtube and search beginners dance tutorial and dance for 20mins. So much fun.... :) im totally unco but it helps:)

Hi Everyone :)

So I'm starting today on my 30mg prescription :) very excited to lose this weight :)

I'm currently 164cm tall, 94.7kg. My goal weight is 65kg.

I've previously used duromine when I was 120kg an I lost 14kgs in 4 weeks, I then lost the rest by myself.

But I've hit a plateau for nearly a year so need this kickstart to get going again :)

I would love to talk to others on here and keep motivating each other :)

Good luck with your weight loss :)

Your first weight loss on duramine is amazing.. I started on the 40mg 3 weeks ago and have already lost 9.3 kilos! My start weight was 123kgs and the dr said being so overweight that the first 20kgs should fall off then will have to really work hard for the rest which I am prepared to do!

You obviously know what to do to achieve your goal as you've lost weight before without the duromine so go get em girl :)

That is an excellent loss so far :) have you been doing any walking or anything like that?

Exercise always helps - although it is not always easy...I am a bit lazy, have to admit. Walking is good, especially to start with. And it keeps you fit and healthy right?:p

So I'm starting Day 3 today :) Jumped on the scales this morning and have lost 1.2kg :) Pretty happy with that!

Definitely Audrey :) I always notice a big difference, even with just going for a walk for say 30 minutes a day :) I haven't exercised for the last two days as my son's on school holidays, but he's gone for an outing with my parents today so having an exercise session :) hopefully it reflects on my weight loss :)

I believe walking is one of the best exercises :) And you can walk fast, like at a jog speed but without causing pressure on your joints. Plus I like to exercise for stamina - and if you walk for over 40 minutes, you are then working off your stored fat cells :) I always attempt to complete 60 minutes in the morning when I first get up after fasting overnight :)

Yes, guys walking seems the most doable and actually helpful in weight loss. And if you feel confident enough you can grab some small dumbbells to tone up your arm muscles and increase the load (like 0.5-1kg each). Well, that is in case you feel fine during brisk walking without extra load.

Today, I started Duromine 30mg.
After struggling to shift baby weight for years. I can tell you, It wasn't an easy decision for my doctor given previous years of struggling with bulimia - But she has put full faith in me to do this the right way, And I plan to show her I can.

I go to the gym 4 nights A week, Will be joining 2 CrossFit classes.
I eat very clean, So I'm excited to start seeing results.

I'm 22, 161cm and current weight is 74kgs.
Before children I was 45kgs but have no plans on returning to that weight. My over-all goal is 55kgs.

How has everyone found Duromine?

Also,
What is everyone's diet/eating plan?
I'm planning on having A green smoothie for breakfast & A fruit and vegetable smoothie for lunch.
I've heard it can be A struggle to eat on Duromine so I'm hoping the liquid will assist me in getting my nutrients.
I'm eating the same thing as the rest of my family for dinner in smaller portions but 90% Vegie and A small portion of meats.

Do you think I'll see results off that.
My regular diet is Crunchy nut breakfast, Clean chicken salad/tuna salad lunches and mostly vegetable dinners. No chocolate, No coke, No soft drink. I have 1 morning coffee and 4-5 green teas through out the day.
I indulge in skinny cow ice creams occasionally and jelly beans and popcorn are my go to snacks when I'm feeling I need something other than carrot sticks and health food bars.

I think your diet sounds amazing! Even those popcorns and jelly beans (occasionally ;)), except for the ice cream. You know the labels don't always say truth about the ingredients. Ice cream contains sugar = calories, even if they say it's sugar-free (sweeteners are not healthy at all). The rest of your menu is so right! Vegies and fruits and even some meat contain all nutrients your body needs. Small portions - the key to success. I think, you will see great results very soon if you stick to this regimen. So good luck!

Reactions: Carla
Congrats! How u doing so far? No updates in april? I just started my journey - need to lose 20kg. Well cant wait to hear how u doing

Hi jay, i am doing really well. Almost 7 weeks and im down 13 kgs! 2 dress sizes in places. Loving life.
Good luck to you. Keep me posted on your progress :)

Hi Kimberley,

I think I'll be following your progress as we have similar measurements and stories. Except I'm 34. And I was never 45kg! :p

Starting weight: 86.8
Goal weight: 68
Height 170cm

Hi everyone,

Hoping this will keep me accountable and I've really struggled to find good detailed diaries on duromine takers before I got my prescription.
I have struggled with my weight since I was pregnant with my eldest (8). I was my heaviest at 96kg and lost 17kg through exercise and healthy eating, before falling pregnant with my middle child (3). Through diet and exercise again I lost a fair bit of weight and came down to 72kg (my smallest I have been since I started having children).
Since about the Middle of last year I have developed extremely bad eating habits and have been eating to the point I feel so sick. I also quit smoking one month ago and have noticed I have more of an appetite now.
My father passed away in April and that came as a huge shock so with tht along with the quitting smoking I just didn't have the strength or focus to do it on my own again but I knew something needed to be done.
With no hesitation my doctor prescribed me one month of 30mg and today is day one.
I took it at 6:30 am and went back to sleep until about 7:30. I felt normal and had one piece of toast for breakfast. It's so weird to not want to eat and eat it's definitely a great appetite suppressant.
I felt really tired around lunch time and had a rest on the couch. I had some eggs on toast for lunch and we spent the afternoon out and about shopping.
I made a huge salad for dinner, and struggled to eat it and had a yoghurt and sushi roll mid afternoon for a snack.
I had a slight headache at around 6pm but just drunk some more water. I have definitely been thirsty all day.
My partner is munching on lolly cake and I don't even want to think about eating it. Normally I'd be fighting him for the last bit.
Hoping I can keep this updated :)