Starting Day 1 Today :) Yay

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
Hi Everyone :)

So I'm starting today on my 30mg prescription :) very excited to lose this weight :)

I'm currently 164cm tall, 94.7kg. My goal weight is 65kg.

I've previously used duromine when I was 120kg an I lost 14kgs in 4 weeks, I then lost the rest by myself.

But I've hit a plateau for nearly a year so need this kickstart to get going again :)

I would love to talk to others on here and keep motivating each other :)

IsaGirl86

Standard Member
Apr 2, 2015
Good luck with your weight loss :)

Your first weight loss on duramine is amazing.. I started on the 40mg 3 weeks ago and have already lost 9.3 kilos! My start weight was 123kgs and the dr said being so overweight that the first 20kgs should fall off then will have to really work hard for the rest which I am prepared to do!

You obviously know what to do to achieve your goal as you've lost weight before without the duromine so go get em girl :)

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide

That is an excellent loss so far :) have you been doing any walking or anything like that?

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Exercise always helps - although it is not always easy...I am a bit lazy, have to admit. Walking is good, especially to start with. And it keeps you fit and healthy right?:p

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
So I'm starting Day 3 today :) Jumped on the scales this morning and have lost 1.2kg :) Pretty happy with that!

Definitely Audrey :) I always notice a big difference, even with just going for a walk for say 30 minutes a day :) I haven't exercised for the last two days as my son's on school holidays, but he's gone for an outing with my parents today so having an exercise session :) hopefully it reflects on my weight loss :)

I believe walking is one of the best exercises :) And you can walk fast, like at a jog speed but without causing pressure on your joints. Plus I like to exercise for stamina - and if you walk for over 40 minutes, you are then working off your stored fat cells :) I always attempt to complete 60 minutes in the morning when I first get up after fasting overnight :)

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Yes, guys walking seems the most doable and actually helpful in weight loss. And if you feel confident enough you can grab some small dumbbells to tone up your arm muscles and increase the load (like 0.5-1kg each). Well, that is in case you feel fine during brisk walking without extra load.