• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Well I am on Oroxine for my underactive thyroid, and my Doctor was not concerned about me taking both. I suggest you talk to your Doctor as you have to see him/her anyway if you want to take Duromine. Hope this helps.

So if anyone was wondering what happened...I went off duromine for a month while I was on holidays because I didnt have access to a gym and I went away so I knew I wouldnt be exercising to my potential. I ate ok, but I still put back on 3kg :(

But I'm back on duromine tomorrow, and back to the gym. I really want to get down to 65kg, and my goal time is going to be pushed back now, since I was hoping to be at my goal weight by now.

Current Weight: 75KG

Thanks for the reply Tracey :) Well its a week today and I am feeling pretty good except my lower back has started killing me while I sleep. Don't think it is due to Duromine tho lol... Weighed myself at work yesterday and I had gained a kilo :( Not happy Jan. Had a lovely sleep last night and don't seem to be getting tired as much. My work pants feel a little looser but I could have willed that to be true ha ha. Never really had the gnawing hunger pangs yesterday that I had been getting so that was good... Really nothing much to report so I'll soldier on

Hello all,

I too have started today taking 30mg Duromine. My mother and sister have both taken it will wonderful results. I have started following the Abs diet (found on the internet - 3 weeks menu given) and love the fact that all meals are quick and easy and most of them very pleasant. 10 years ago by weight was always in the low 50kgs ( 52kg - 54kg // 1.67m) and over the years the weight gradually packed on and I was in complete denial. I have never been sporty and not one to gym and as a result of enjoying the good life reached the horrifying weight of 93.2kg. Started following the meal plan since Monday and to date have lost 2kgs. Only been in the gym once and then the horrid flu has hit me and my chest so exercise taking a back seat for now.

So to help me on this journey I am also taking Duromine. My goal (maybe a bit unrealistic) but I would LOVE to loose 34kg by my birthday next year July. 1kg for each each year of my age !! ;)

Looking forward to making new friends and achieving healthy weight goals.

Wishing you all a super weekend.

Day 3 on Duromine / Day 6 of Diet Plan

SW: 93.2kg
CW: 90.1kg
Lost: 3.1 kg (6 days = 500g/day)

Feeling good and excited to be leaving the 90kgs zone soon. Have been experiencing the dry mouth which isn't too bad and helps encourage water intake. Had my first night of restless sleep last night. I was exhausted but just could not fall asleep and woke up a number of time during the evening. Does anyone know how long this side effect lasts ??

Hoping to clear up my flu/sinus and hit the gym next week and with some luck hopefully I will hit the 85/86kg mark at the end of next week !!!

Wishing you all the very best on our weight loss journey and would love to hear what all you are doing to drop these extra kgs x

Day 18 today. Don't think I have lost a thing. Very disheartened by it all. Sleeping better, waking about 330 of a morning then going back to sleep and not wanting to get up. Scales at home are still showing 99, obviously broken. Will weigh myself at work on Thursday again. Still getting hungry quite often and tired a lot. Might have to try the 40mg. No side effects to mention so thats a plus I guess. Took photos of myself each week and don't see any difference .... boo hoo hoo...

Day 6 on Duromine / Day 10 of Eating Plan

SW: 90.1 kg (End of Week 1)
CW: 90.3 kg
Gain: 300g

I am becoming incredibly despondent. Monday morning I weighed 90kg, Tuesday morning 90kg and this morning I am 90.3kg. I have not cheated once on my meals plan, have only been drinking water and yesterday did 20mins Cardio, resistance training for 20min followed by a visit to the steam room. How can it be that I am not losing weight, eating the healthiest I have ever eaten and even started exercising ??? Everyone else on Duromine has reported fab results but ever since I started taking them my weight loss came to a sudden stop ????

I know I should not weigh everyday but thats me...compulsive. I just pray that whatever is stopping my weight loss will work itself out and that I can continue this journey to a healthier and slimmer me. :-(

Side effects: Dry mouth and 4 days of constipation.

Hi there,
It's day 17 for me. I was just thinking the same about everybodies success stories and was questioning my progress on duromine. As I have read alot of times now through other peoples comments and encouragements is "we are all different and will progress differently" In the long term you are giving your body a great start eating and living healthier and that's what I keep telling myself. I know that's easily said then done but if you can say you ate healthy and was active for 30 minutes a day that's improving your thinking on life long term.
I hope you don't mind me adding my stats here but thought why not share in our experience together and we could motivate each other on our journeys with duromine and life in general.
I'm 28, mother of 2 (4yrs, 8mnths), Stay home mother
31-07-2012 SW: 83kgs
16-08-2012 CW: 78kgs
Total Loss: 5kgs
GOAL WEIGHT: 63kgs

Hello Ash2810,

Thank you for sharing. This forum did appear very quiet at a stage and I believe like yourself the more we share the more we can see we are not alone. Sharing the great weight loss stats and the times when it might not go as great. Fortunately I lost the 300g gain of Wednesday morning's weigh in. I know I should not weigh but all this is so new to me that I want to see what increases my weight and if I can pin point it to learn for the future. And I also agree no matter what the scale says for the current time at least we are all taking the steps to improving ourselves.

Congrats on your 2 children and I am sure with them being so young they have you running up and down burning calories without even thinking about it ! :laughing:

Also a big congrats on your weight loss. I am still praying to move into the 80kg's zone this week and hoping the gymming will help but like Tracey said...slow and steady wins the race. I am just not a very patient person at all ! ;)

Looking forward to reading your updates and sharing our progress.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

Hello Ash2810,

Thank you for sharing. This forum did appear very quiet at a stage and I believe like yourself the more we share the more we can see we are not alone. Sharing the great weight loss stats and the times when it might not go as great. Fortunately I lost the 300g gain of Wednesday morning's weigh in. I know I should not weigh but all this is so new to me that I want to see what increases my weight and if I can pin point it to learn for the future. And I also agree no matter what the scale says for the current time at least we are all taking the steps to improving ourselves.

Congrats on your 2 children and I am sure with them being so young they have you running up and down burning calories without even thinking about it ! :laughing:

Also a big congrats on your weight loss. I am still praying to move into the 80kg's zone this week and hoping the gymming will help but like Tracey said...slow and steady wins the race. I am just not a very patient person at all ! ;)

Looking forward to reading your updates and sharing our progress.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

PS: I am 34 years old and involuntary childless.

Female
32yrs
173cm tall
Currently 80.7kgs
Goal 70kg
Achievement to date 0kg day 1. Will weigh in weekly.
Current emotional feelings. Overweight, tired a and embarrassed that I have worn my legs trackies out from my legs rubbing together.

Hi all. So yesterday I decided enough was enough, when my track pants come apart from my legs rubbing together to much. I know this is probably to much info but there is a defining moment in everyone's life when they stay Something has to STOP. So I have just recently hit the obese category. I am not to large but uncomfortable.

I am a 32yr old female, 173cm high and 80.7kg. Which for my height does not sound to heavy, unless you see me naked,lol. I have had 1 child. I have always been very fit, I juice regularly and over the part 3 months I have piled on 9kg, strictly from not eing able to get out of bed each morning, not being able to fall asleep til 2am each morning and starting this rediculas habit of ravishing the cupboards all night. I just can not stop.
So Tuesday night I ate a full loaf of bread smothered in natella, a saralee chocolate Bavarian (yes the entire thing). What I can not understand is that I hate sweets.
So off I went to my doctor and got the duromine 30mg.
Gt up this morning at 4am as I do daily to make my man 2 cuppachinos and his work lunch as I am a stay at home mum.(then usually go back to Brocken sleep til 10am.

And decided to find This forum to blog my daily doings so in the future I can reflect. It is now almost 6am I an sort of thirsty and sitting in bed with my iPad typing thing.

Happy adventures all, see you tomorrow.

Day 2
Female
32yrs
173cm tall
Currently 80kg
Goal 70kg
Achievement to date 0.7kg.(just had a little sneaky peak) Will weigh in weekly.
Current emotional feelings - Feel like I am pinging like a mearcat,lol. Happy, slightly Tired (had NO sleep just day dreamed I THINK (was very weird, so will see how tonight goes)
Although I thought yesterdays experience may have been completely physiological, lol. Here is how it went.
Took my 1st tablet at around 4am.
Drank 2ltrs of water and healthy food. At around 9:30am I kept my previous lazy self into gear
House Work, Spring Clean, All washing and Ironing done, 3yr old Family Tree Project completed and I found my mind clear and started writing TO DO lists. And most importantly scheduled some exercise time and a plan.
By around 2pm I did start to get hungry (in my stomach) but not my head, if you get what i mean. (The last 3 months my brain has been completely food focussed) so happy so far. Just had an apple and a veg juice
By 5pm I seriously needed dinner, made a healthy Greek salad but could not bring myself to eat any meat (weird)
Settled for the night was very tired by 7pm, finally got to bed a 9pm then rested (stayed mentally awake all night) so I am unsure if I was having day dreams or I was actually asleep and dreaming but it was definitely a weird night.

DAY 2
Lost 0.7kg (i know its water but it is better than putting it on. will weigh in in 1 weeks time)
Woke at 3:30am
Made my man and I breakfast, a coffee
Drove him to work
come home hit the cross trainer for 30minutes (sweated like a man.lol)
Cleaned the kitchen, Ironed yesterdays washing. etc
I am like a machine.
No side effects as yet, I think the key for me is drink lots of water (i have been having soda water as it just helps the mouth from getting dry I think). I have noticed that my jaw at times is slightly clenched so being cautious of that.
Now I am getting tired so will return to bed to see if I can get a few hours.
I have DEFINATELY noticed a shift in energy and the ability to just finish something rather than do it later mentality. And I cannot sit down.
Comments from people who saw me yesterday, gee your bright today (nice way of saying you’re a bit full on,lol. Talk fast, walk fast sort of thing.

So i am probably rambling but it is what it is and it’s my journey.

Happy adventures all, see you tomorrow. SJ

Great start, just be mindful to get the energy levels throughout your journey. I noticed I hit a slump after about a week but made myself get through. All the energetic day catch up with you eventually.

Keep drinking water to? :)

Good luck...

Day 3
So I was exhausted by 2pm and i had the most amazing sleep 7pm til 7am. Decided to take my tablet at 7am from now on as I was starting to get hungry and raiding cupboard thourghts at 5pmish.
Had only dull head ache all day, but definately due drinking less than 2ltrs of water and the onset of my monthly friends.
Funny tho, I have had severe pms for the past couple months and this time round since taking the duromine I HAVE NOT. hmmm. I am not bloated and do not have the normal back aches etc.
Dont expect to loose any weight this week as i usually bloat about 2kg during this time. so we will see how it goes at weigh in time.
The other thing that has changed is I am not sweating like i used to - wierd. I sort of feel normal lol.

Day 4
Took tablet at 7am. No headache, got my friends and i am pinging litlle a mearcat again,lol. Have loads of thoughts and feel like exercising.
Lessons learnt so far - DRINK LOTS OF WATER and EAT FOOD. i hate reading how people are not eating or only eating 550cal. this will not work if you behave like that.
last of all I have noticed that my cellulite is not like smooth skin. yipppeeee

Happy adventures all, see you tomorrow. SJ

Day 4 - 6
Have had 3 amazing nights sleep.
7am tablet taking time is perfect for me.
Been drinking soda water again vs water as i have felt slightly nausious lately. Still amazed that my P this time round has been completely pain and pms free (weird). How ever I have had a constant headache for the past 3 days. I think this is from the increased exercise I have done, not too much but i have had a previous neck injury so I will get that sorted. ( been a bit scared to take my usual voltaren 25 rapid) but will talk to the chemist today.

So it has almost been a week, I am not expecting to loose weight. Good news for me is that I have only been attracted to health food. The sight of chocolate makes me feel ill.

I have found a couple times that I have wanted to mentally raid the cupboards but not enough to do it. Having to take a tablet to stop the message process sounds like we all have a mental issue but it is working well.
I dont think we loose weight from actually taking the pill as some think it does, but I can definatyely see the differance in food consumption reduction and increase in exercise from the bursts of energy I have got so far.

Happy adventures all, see you soon SJ

one week down and weigh in day. Realized doctors scales and mine are different, so will accept a starting weight of 80.1kg instead of 80.7.
Starting weight: 80.7kg
Day 7 weigh in: 77.6kg
First week weight loss: 2.5kg

Can not be happier considering it is still TTOTM. I am feeling great. No headaches as I have increased my water intake.
My arms, ankles and head are all smaller. Going to hit the wii fit and do hoola hooping to work on the mid section.

Very good start to my new week and have a very positive focus. Food tastes better and the best thing about this whole experience so far is that I used to drink 5 cuppachinos a day, I have not had one in 6 days. And I have no craving to have one. The withdrawal headaches were like no other, but replacing with soda water got me through.

Chow chow.

So about day 10. I will be posting weekly but just wanted to update something interesting.
I have had crippling headaches for the past couple days. Originally you may just think it is a side effect or withdrawals from coffee etc but I realized after increasing my exercise it became so so bad. I have had a neck injury in the past so this morning after waking with it I took 2 voltaren rapid 25 and within 20minutes it was completely GONE. Wll head off and get some massage treatment tomorrow.
Going great, sleeping well. Still sometimes craving foods but do not end up indugling. Footy and pizza day today and I physically could not eat more that a slice. I would usually eat an entire pizza. Had my first coffee after a week of none, it was yuk. Definitely off the milk too.

So I think for the first week your body is being barged by all different activities being the tablet, exercise hopefully and a change in diet. Don't be too hard on yourselves week one, the internal body will naturally fight you.

Booked into see a personal trainer so will be interested in my week 2 weigh in.

Keep focused, never just think it is side effects.

In order to keep myself motivated Im going to try and keep this thread running and posts every couple of days or so.

A little about myself:
Im 19 and jsut under 170cm tall, My current weight is 78kg, Ive been stuggling with my weight/self image since i was a child. Ive never been massively overweight, but just always a chubby kid, I was bullied through primary school and half of high school, I started to thin out as a grew taller, but I was never happy. My weight has fluctuated between 70kg and 90kg over the past few years like a bloody yoyo.
My Goal weight is between 55-60kg, but I would be happy to get down to 65kg.

I eat healthy and do work out a few times a week, but lately I havent been able to budge the kgs.
I went to my doctor and asked about Duromine and he put me on it for a month. 30mg.

this is my journey;

Duromine diary!

day 1 - 10th september - approx.76kg

Im not entirely sure if its because I was really sick yesterday, but I havent felt at all hungry today, I managed to eat an Orange for breakfast and then a small portion of turkey and carbonara for dinner. Ive had a really dry mouth the whole day, but once again, Im not sure if thats because I was throwing up yesterday and now I'm dehydrated. I have consumed a lot of water today. A few times I have felt a bit light headed but nothing to be alarmed about. Ive been reading a lot of blogs and how much some people are losing is astounding, I know I dont have quite that much to lose, but I still cant help but feel a little excited.
Bring on tomorrow!

So day 12ish I think. Been having a fat week feeling. Not drinking enough water, but no side effects. However i have been a little impatiant this week and need to get into bed before 8pm.
I am sleeping great.
Definitely been more hungry this week.
Been making good food choices and exercising, nothing dramatic tho as I am having treatment on my neck tonight.
Feel like I have put on weight this week so quickly slipped onto the scales and was surprised that I have lost a little, so will wait until weigh in day for a true result.
Can't wait to start with my PT next week.

See you at weigh in.