Lack Of Sleep. Tips To Improve Your Sleep - [UPDATED 2021]

ive got 3 month to loose as much as i can before im on my own, i figure i can lose most of it. see you around :)

Hey guys,

I'm on day 2 (well hittin day 3 with this insomnia) on 40mg and i have taken D at 5:30am for the last two days. I cannot sleep. I feel like my eyes hurt and head feels buzzy but all i want to do is jump up and down. Hope tomorrow im not tired during the day. I know the insomnia eventually goes down after a week or so and I know my high dosage to start off may be spurring this on. Everyone says take it early yet taking it at 5:30am doesnt seem to do the trick for me. Going to take it about 4:30am/5am today to see if it makes a difference. Been eating really well lately and been full of energy running up and down stairs and consistently walking and standing up for long hours so hope i lose some weight. Fingers crossed! Weigh in is next tuesday!

Hi JoanneN, has your sleep gotten any better? My stats are very similar to yours. I'm 155cm and weigh 78 kg. I tried Duromine a couple of months ago and could not sleep on them at all. I was lucky to manage 1hr sleep per night and gave up after 5 days on them as I was exhausted. I was taking my tablet at 4:30 - 5am. I'd really love to try Duromine again. Hopefully your sleep issues have settled down? I'd love to hear any tips or how long your insomnia lasted.

Day 1 almost over for me and I even managed a tiny nanny nap which isn't normal for me. Took my metermine at 7 am and by 8.30 I was mildly buzzing. Have managed to have a bite to eat every three hours but do find I'm not particularly hungry.
I hope I do manage to sleep tonight as I'm back at work tomorrow. Probably still too early to tell of any side effects at this point for me.
May you sleep well and pleasant dreams :)

Wow guys! I'm sleeping like a baby, feel pretty normal. Both the dr and the pharmacist said I might have trouble sleeping but I really feel normal and I'm on the 40mg. Have been for about a month now. Lost 6kgs.

Maybe the lack of symptoms is down to the superfood program I'm doing in connection with the D's... Hmmmm

TheDownLow said:
Wow guys! I'm sleeping like a baby, feel pretty normal. Both the dr and the pharmacist said I might have trouble sleeping but I really feel normal and I'm on the 40mg. Have been for about a month now. Lost 6kgs.

Maybe the lack of symptoms is down to the superfood program I'm doing in connection with the D's... Hmmmm
The Super food Program? Sounds interesting, can you elaborate some more on that please :)

Sure Kazzbah,

It's this 30 day nutritional cleanse floods your body with nutrients while cleansing out toxins.

What eating plan are you following?

Heya :) can you give us some more Info on your cleanse plan please :)

TheDownLow said:
Sure Kazzbah,

It's this 30 day nutritional cleanse floods your body with nutrients while cleansing out toxins.

What eating plan are you following?
To be completely honest with you DownLow, I am going into this completely blind. Ultimately I aim to be focusing on portion control, cutting out crappy carbs, upping protein & water and re organizing my time to incorporate regular exercise. I've started by having small serves every few hours equating to 3 main plus 3 snack size. I have a lot to lose (30+) kg. Where can I find more info regarding the cleanse you're on? :)

Reactions: TheDownLow
kazzbah said:
Day 1 almost over for me and I even managed a tiny nanny nap which isn't normal for me. Took my metermine at 7 am and by 8.30 I was mildly buzzing. Have managed to have a bite to eat every three hours but do find I'm not particularly hungry.
I hope I do manage to sleep tonight as I'm back at work tomorrow. Probably still too early to tell of any side effects at this point for me.
May you sleep well and pleasant dreams :)
I wil be following you because I have not started yet and I have very little idea about how to use this site :)

Ba-ann said:
I wil be following you because I have not started yet and I have very little idea about how to use this site :)
Hi Ba ann:) No worries. I've only been here since yesterday....I'm pretty much a stalker on here now haha! There are so many interesting posts and people who will also be as helpful as they can :)

Reactions: KaylaLouise
Thanks, I'm sure people will think I'm stalking them. I'm just clicking around like crazy and only just worked out how to follow someone. I still am unsure of most of the site but I have picked 3 random people that are new and similar age just to have someone to chat to and find out how it's all going :)

Reactions: Nessa22
I'm hoping to have a positive experience which will empower me to keep moving in the right direction. So wish I could fast forward a week or two. Feel free to quiz and or share anytime. I'm looking at ridding 37 kilos which hopefully will go quicker than it took to gain it. But I will be happy with 25 kg. The last few attempts at other diets i could not get below 90. I'm currently 107 kg.
Do you have a specific number to lose?

Hey Kazzbah,

Your plan sounds good Hun! I'll get some info on the cleanse for you tomorrow if that's ok? I'm just dashing around tonight a bit.
Xxx

TheDownLow said:
Hey Kazzbah,

Your plan sounds good Hun! I'll get some info on the cleanse for you tomorrow if that's ok? I'm just dashing around tonight a bit.
Xxx
Sounds like a plan! Thanks for your support and advice. Must attempt to get some shut eye for work tomorrow :)

Hi kazzbah
I suffered sleepless nights my first 2 nights on D
I too am on 40 mg, but now I sleep fine, I hope it all settles for you soon, I take my D At about 4.15am each morning, so early because I hit gym at 5 , gives me a great kick start for a workout, and then off to work at 7.30/8 , I don't normally feel like breakfast but I make myself have something as it is important after working out, my breakfast is about 12 raw cashews and a boiled egg, glass of water, that has me going no probs till about 9.30/10 , then I treat myself to a decaf coffee , I won't ramble on, but I eat really small every 3 hrs am totally buggered by 8.30 , so it's lights out
Good luck :)

Reactions: kazzbah
Hi Kyles, thanks for sharing. Last night sleep was not the deepest but I felt fairly good when I woke up this morning. I am so thankful for "D" today. By now I would have eaten myself into a food coma or had a big spaz because i have not had a cigarette since around 8 PM! ! Its so nice to meet people who are in a similar situation and get some reassurance as its not nice to feel were alone on this journey. proud of you for your efforts and dedication. Have you always been so motivated? Like some others I have met here in recent days, Duramine must remain a secret for all very valid and individual reasons. At least we can share and coach each other and dare to dream without judgement:) Would love to chat more but must get ready for work. Onwards and upwards xx
Kyles said:
Hi kazzbah
I suffered sleepless nights my first 2 nights on D
I too am on 40 mg, but now I sleep fine, I hope it all settles for you soon, I take my D At about 4.15am each morning, so early because I hit gym at 5 , gives me a great kick start for a workout, and then off to work at 7.30/8 , I don't normally feel like breakfast but I make myself have something as it is important after working out, my breakfast is about 12 raw cashews and a boiled egg, glass of water, that has me going no probs till about 9.30/10 , then I treat myself to a decaf coffee , I won't ramble on, but I eat really small every 3 hrs am totally buggered by 8.30 , so it's lights out
Good luck :)

Hey @Bec32 My sleep is so much better! Almost 2 weeks in and i can crash like a baby. Realistically, i have no more side effects besides the dehydration. One week is the duration of the side effects but obviously it differs between every person. If you find yourself not sleeping try taking the duromine earlier in the morning; say 5am or 5:30. I have done that and it helped. Now i take it at 6am to just keep a balance. I like to generally take it 5:30/6 so by 7am i am up and ready filled with energy. Hold in everyone, it gets better if you have bad side effects.

Reactions: SimoneAP
Hi, I'm thinking I might try and start Duromine again tomorrow. Hopefully my sleep issues will be better this time around. It's great having the support on this site because I won't be telling anyone (except hubby) that I'm taking the tablets. How much exercise do each of you do each day?

I've been on the 30mg for nearly a month. And my sleep never improved. I'm going to the doctor today to get a script for the 15mg. I was averaging 2-3 hours sleep a night :-(