• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Should I Keep Taking Duromine While I Have A Cold?

Ok, I'm only a week and a half in and I feel awful ... almost all the time, nausea & headaches, cranky & tired (but I am sleeping).

I'm really disappointed because I tried Duromine a few years ago and I felt AWESOME! Same dose as before, 40mg, I just don't know what to do - will it change? .. I've decided to skip today's tablet and see how it goes and maybe start again tomorrow?

Hello Andy. This is probably the paradoxical reactions that are possible when you take stimulants, like Duromine. Skipping a couple of days might help re-start the action… But I see you’re selling your Duromine, so I guess it didn’t work. I am sorry to hear that and hope you will continue your weight loss campaign even if without Duromine. I wish you all the best!

April said:
Hello Andy. This is probably the paradoxical reactions that are possible when you take stimulants, like Duromine. Skipping a couple of days might help re-start the action… But I see you’re selling your Duromine, so I guess it didn’t work. I am sorry to hear that and hope you will continue your weight loss campaign even if without Duromine. I wish you all the best!

Does that actually work @April, stopping and starting again? I do really want it to work but I just couldn't handle continuing to feel that awful (especially as a single mum). No one has msg me yet with an offer, so I'm interested to hear from you. I even considered taking half for a while to see if that had better/lesser side effects

Andy, there have been multiple cases, when Duromine was not working well for people, yet everything changed when they restarted it. In the thread ‘Duromine body’ the user Lized had a very unpleasant first attempt. She is doing better now, after stopping and restarting. Some people find it enough to stop taking it for one day, while others need to take a longer break, of about 3-7 days. I would suggest give it the last try and skip some days. If it does make you feel the same bad when you restart… I am sorry, and I will gladly ‘hold your hand’ if you decide to continue losing weight without Duromine. I am sure everyone else will also support you on your way. Best of luck!

Reactions: Art and Andi4today
Thank you @April .. maybe I will try again, its been three days without, so maybe I'll start again over the weekend; I am seriously unhappy with my weight (start weight 120kg).

If it was necessary to stay off the Duromine, do you know of any comparable alternatives @April ?

Frankly speaking, I tried Duromine only. We have a section on the forum, which contains reviews on some popular weight loss drugs. You might check it out, if you wish. But let’s not get discouraged. Let’s cross the fingers and wait till weekend. Hopefully, everything works well this time. in the meantime, I would suggest you to start managing your water intake. Drinking more water is already somewhat helpful for weight loss. Especially if you drink water some time before meals. might help naturally reduce the portion sizes. And, just like to any person who starts weight loss campaign and doesn’t have time/forces/desire to engage into daily long exercises, I would suggest you try 5-7-10 minute trainings, like HIIT, Tabata, Plank sessions, because these can really help boost your metabolism. It’s always hard to start… and hard to not see any results on the scales for a long time, still consistency is the main thing you need to stick to while losing weight. again, fingers crossed for a better re-start and don’t lose your motivation, Andy! You can do it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andi4today
Thanks @April .. I think that was part of the problem, while feeling sick on the Duromine it also changed the taste of a lot of things, water especially tasted awful; hard to describe, old and dusty and stale and in a cup that wasn't washed properly and .. I don't know what else, it tasted terrible! (brand new bottled water wasn't any better)

I'll let you know how I go

Reactions: April
Started again today @April , not seeing any big side effects yet besides a lil dry mouth and my "bitch-hat" firmly in place

Reactions: Trisle
Hello Andi. How were these first days of your Duromine re-start? Again nothing of the good side? Fingers crossed it works…

April said:
Hello Andi. How were these first days of your Duromine re-start? Again nothing of the good side? Fingers crossed it works…

Hi @April .. so far so good, still finding it harder than usual to drink enough water (although, thankfully it isn't tasting vulgar as it did before). Just a bit of dry mouth and a lil obsessive behavior(?), along with the usual decrease in appetite

Fingers crossed things dont turn sour again

Reactions: April
Hi Andy! How are you doing?

@April I'm actually doing ok, eating better and exercising as much as I should but we have heaps of drama at the moment. I was hoping at weight myself since its been a week but haven't had the chance (I dont own a scale because they're generally evil )

So sorry about the drama in your life. Hope everything settles down really soon and you will be able to enjoy your progress. And of course, I am extremely happy to hear that you continue being consistent with your nutrition and exercising. Way to go, Andy! Doing great! Forget about the scales, watch how your clothes are fitting. =) and keep it strong!

Hello everyone. It's been 30 days on duromine. Lost 5kg. Side effects mostly dry mouth since week 2. Insomnia for 3 days. But sleeping well.
I feel a bit tired by the end of the day. Is this normal?

Hi MsDee. Yes, many people report on tiredness closer to bedtime, either because they have insomnia (like you do) and their bodies don’t get enough rest, or because the effects of Duromine slowly fades by the evening. May be you exercise a lot, or may be you don’t eat sufficiently. These also can affect your condition on Duromine. What dose are you on?

Hi April. I'm on 30mg. I'm on my feet most of the day. Hardly sit at my desk.
I ensure i eat sufficiently. I'm not starving myself

Is the appetite suppression still there? If not, you might need to take a small break from Duromine. If it still is present, might try taking Duromine a bit later in the morning.. What time do you take it?

what else can I suggest… as paradoxical as it may sound, do a short training (like 5-10 minutes). It can help you increase your energy levels for a long time. Yes, when you’re tired, the last thing you would ever consider doing is exercising. But it works. Just look at this simple, short and truly effective workout

I hope that it gets better. Cheers

hi am on day two of my duromine and am feeling tired and struggling to exercise. Will this change if I continue? Thanks

Hi Snap dog. It is difficult to give one precise answer to this question. In fact, many Duromine users report of feeling the same way that you do. Such reaction is commonly referred to as paradoxical response to Duromine. That is, instead of stimulating your nervous system, it suppresses it. Some find it useful to stop Duromine and re-start it in 3-4 days. I myself recently been thinking about the fact that overdose on Duromine causes fatigue… and such reaction as tiredness, seems to me, might be a sign that your body need some time to adjust to the dosage of the drug that you are taking, and I would suggest that you try taking it every other day for a week or so, and see how it goes. If everything’s ok, then switch to taking it every day. So, you have two options to choose from. I wish you best of luck and hope that further journey goes great!

Ahhh day 2 but I keep waking at 2am does it get easier to sleep after a while? I'm on 30mgs a day taking them first thing in the mornings