Should I Keep Taking Duromine While I Have A Cold?

Hi, I've been taking duromine for about 3 weeks with a few days off here and there. The first 6 days I felt full of energy and lost 3 kilos but from then on have lost no more weight and now feel so sleepy!!! Anyone feel like this also! :)

Fay T said:
Hi, I've been taking duromine for about 3 weeks with a few days off here and there. The first 6 days I felt full of energy and lost 3 kilos but from then on have lost no more weight and now feel so sleepy!!! Anyone feel like this also! :)
Are you eating enough? I missed lunch a few days ago and by 4pm was so tired. Ate a banana and soon enough started feeling better.

Pat said:
Are you eating enough? I missed lunch a few days ago and by 4pm was so tired. Ate a banana and soon enough started feeling better.
Hi, yes I'm eating plenty... I have my normal appetite back :(
I'm on 30mg - perhaps I need to go to 40mg for my next script

Fay T said:
Hi, yes I'm eating plenty... I have my normal appetite back :(
I'm on 30mg - perhaps I need to go to 40mg for my next script
I've only just started on 15mg 3 dats ago. I'm happy with how it's going so far but I guess I'll know if it suits me at weight in. By the sounds of it I'm on a very low dose.
Hopefully your dr will be able to help you out with the tiredness.

The first thing to realize is that drugs affect everyone differently. After only a few days on Duromine I wouldn't suggest changing the dosage just yet. There are many factors that could be the cause of tiredness or it could just be that Duromine doesn't work for you. Could you give me the following? Your stats (age, height, weight etc), a food diary of what you would eat and drink in a day before Duromine and what you eat etc in a day on Duromine. Sleep habits before and on Duromine.

If you've suddenly cut out all sugar then you'll definitely feel tired, if you were eating a lot and now eating hardly anything then you'll feel tired, if you've cut down the amount you're eating but it's fatty food then you'll feel tired, so many different things could be making you feel this way you see. Once I have a better idea of what you're eating etc I might be able to give advice.

Reactions: Madaselle
Visivixen88 said:
The first thing to realize is that drugs affect everyone differently. After only a few days on Duromine I wouldn't suggest changing the dosage just yet. There are many factors that could be the cause of tiredness or it could just be that Duromine doesn't work for you. Could you give me the following? Your stats (age, height, weight etc), a food diary of what you would eat and drink in a day before Duromine and what you eat etc in a day on Duromine. Sleep habits before and on Duromine.

If you've suddenly cut out all sugar then you'll definitely feel tired, if you were eating a lot and now eating hardly anything then you'll feel tired, if you've cut down the amount you're eating but it's fatty food then you'll feel tired, so many different things could be making you feel this way you see. Once I have a better idea of what you're eating etc I might be able to give advice.
Hey,
It's actually been 4 weeks tomorrow since since I started them and at first I felt very alert and not hungry but for the last couple of weeks that have made me sleepy....
I was eating pretty healthy before (wholefoods, limited sugar etc) but would over eat these things and also get to the end of the day and eat junk :(
My age is 36
Height is 160cm
Weight is 68 kilos (sw 71 kilo)
I'm sleeping great every night now but the first week on tablets was only getting about 5-6 hours per night

Fay T said:
Hey,
It's actually been 4 weeks tomorrow since since I started them and at first I felt very alert and not hungry but for the last couple of weeks that have made me sleepy....
I was eating pretty healthy before (wholefoods, limited sugar etc) but would over eat these things and also get to the end of the day and eat junk :(
My age is 36
Height is 160cm
Weight is 68 kilos (sw 71 kilo)
I'm sleeping great every night now but the first week on tablets was only getting about 5-6 hours per night
Haha I think I read it as 3 days not 3 weeks lol. Ok well in my 5th week I felt like my appetite had returned to normal and I was starting to get sleepy during the day like I used to so I'd say what your feeling is probably normal as we are about the same height and weight. I've gone off the Duromine now and it's taken a week to get back to normal so up to you if you want to keep taking it, it's really only an appetite suppressant and only gives you a bit of extra energy, some people don't get any energy at all. I don't know how your eating is now as you only mentioned what it was like before but sounds like you know what is and isn't good for you, just try and stay away from sugar and drink lots of water, get as much exercise as you can as this actually gives you energy. That's the only advice I can give based on what you have said :)

The more weight you have to lose the faster it will be. Duromine is not really intended to lose only a few kilo's. It is a pill for obese people.
You have to combine it with exercise as well to see the best results and really follow a healthy lifestyle. And remember, any loss is a good loss. Even if you only lose 1kg a month it will add up to 12kg by the end of the year so be patient;)

Ive seen a few people mention when they are sick (eg cold) they have stopped taking duromine for the duration for their sickness. I've currently got some stomach issues, just the runs and nausea really, not really throwing up unless the nausea gets really bad. I'm just wondering what people's experience with stopping duromine when sick. Is it advised to stop taking duromine when your sick? Or should you just keep taking it?

This is my 2nd day being sick and I've still taken my dose today, but I was just curious what everyone else does :)

Hello, Kiara
You see, mainly people stop using Duromine when they get sick if they have to use some other medicine. Duromine can cause side effects (including nausea) and have some drug interactions. But if you are not using any other medicine for your illness, or if you use one that does not interact with Duromine - it is ok to continue. Plus, if your nausea gets worse, or you notice other adverse reactions, I would also recommend to stop the weight loss pills.

Overall, it is OK to pause on Duromine for a couple of days, if you feel that your body needs a good rest (as you know Duromine may cause insomnia). So I wish you to get well as soon as possible and not to fall off the wagon, darling! ;)

P.S. speaking of drug interactions, you may find them on our forum, or Duromine instructions, if you still have the packaging.

I am on day 8. Around day 2 my family has been hit with a virus. I kept taking my duromine, and have managed to escape the worst of it. I think it has alot to do with my increased metabolism and my body's efficiency. My husband who never gets sick.. needed antibiotics, along with our 2 yr old.

How long have you been on duromine for?

Hi all!
Do this is day 3 on 15mg duromine and I haven't had this energy boost yet that I'm meant to get,I feel like cap and more tired and drained then ever! I feel no different...I was quite looking forward to the energy I was meant to be getting but so far nothing...more tired and drained then ever ! I don't want to do anything but lay in bed really. I haven't been hungry once though and don't feel like eating.eating a small thing a day the last 3 days....do you think I should be on a higher dose ? Will it still be working ?
Thanks in advance

Annon91 said:
Hi all!
Do this is day 3 on 15mg duromine and I haven't had this energy boost yet that I'm meant to get,I feel like cap and more tired and drained then ever! I feel no different...I was quite looking forward to the energy I was meant to be getting but so far nothing...more tired and drained then ever ! I don't want to do anything but lay in bed really. I haven't been hungry once though and don't feel like eating.eating a small thing a day the last 3 days....do you think I should be on a higher dose ? Will it still be working ?
Thanks in advance
You have made a pretty common mistake, pop the pill but not work with it. If you are hardly eating you will feel crap have headaches and feel lethargic. Even though you are not hungry, you need to eat to make this work. Don't give up yet, start fresh tomorrow. Eat at least 1000 calories, 1200 if you can. Also go for a half an hour walk and drink plenty of water. A few days of this routine and you will feel much better. Good luck:)

Have to agree with Bringskinnyback...
don't think Oh I took the pill magic will happen... you have to let it be part of your day.. don't think about it.
Just get up and start doing things...

hi all! took my first pill this morning at 5am (it's now 9:40am) and I am feeling quite sick. I had a smoothie for breakfast, and also 1 coffee

If you feel sick on the first day i highly doubt its the duromine. However if you feel sick for 3 or 4 days maybe try a day without and you will have your answer

So earlier this week I was stuck in a heavy downpour of rain , yesterday woke up with a full on head cold , blocked nose , runny nose , headache , feeling blah and hot !

I read you cannot take Sudafed :( so is there any thing you can take for it.

Feel so run down today !

Probably ask at a chemist will be your best bet?
I wonder if it has something to do with the Duromine? I got the same and a cough that I've had since I've been in on, And hay fever symptoms which I've never had before. makes me wonder but I'm still taking them :)
Hope you get some answers so your not feeling crappy xx

the chemist gave me some cold and flue caps and said they were fine day and night , nice to be able to breath though a little dizzy this afternoon when I stand up.

That's interesting to know because I've been suffering shocking blocked ears from blocked sinus since I started on duro. Doc gave me a nasal spray but it hasn't really worked, and I've been too scared to take any other tablets... maybe cold and flu might help me..