• ☝️Pass a short test for FREE to learn your BMI, how many calories to consume per day to lose or maintain your weight, and how much you can lose by following a proper and balanced diet for two weeks. 📉
3 days down and I'm feeling OK. The only side-effects I having are the sleeplessness, and the dry mouth, but I'm handling the lack of sleep pretty well. Drinking loads and loads of water, made the dog very happy by taking him for walks. But I am finding that I'm quite hungry today, and my brain is telling me I want something bad ... but my resolve not to eat anything bad is pretty strong so I think I'm safe LOL

I won't be able to weigh myself until I see the Doc in a months time, so I'm hoping I start noticing it with my clothes.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmeal
Hi,
Im 24 and weigh 90kg.
I have used duromine before and sucessfullt lost 30kg in three months.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday night and mumbled that i had used Durimine before and im unhappy with my weight ... The doctor said hop on the scales do you want me to perscribe Duromine to you.

No blood test.. No nothing and i walked out with a 30mg script. I havent started yet im a bit nervous as i dont have any days off for a month but i really want to start :-(.

Last time i dropped 10kg in two weeks from exercising of course. How was everyones day one??

I've been on it for 2 and a half weeks now. I didn't have any problems with it except I didn't sleep much the first couple of nights, first day or so was full of energy. Now nothing, except I'm not hungry. 30kg in 3 months is heaps, that's what I'd like to lose. I weighed 89.5kg and I lost 7kg in 2 weeks. I'm not weighing myself (don't own scales) so I'm leaving it to my doctor. I have another appt on March 5 so I'm wondering how much I'll lose before then. She said that you can lose a heap of weight the first 2 weeks then it cuts down to 1 or 2 kg. Let us know how you're going. Cheers

Hi :) I'm 23 and from Australia. I am 183cm tall and my heaviest weight was 143kgs. I have lost a bit, down to 118kg for a while but now at around 130kgs. I have a script for Duromine 30mgs that I am picking up this Wednesday, I'm so excited to finally shift this weight!! Any tips on how to remember to drink heaps of water? I constantly forget to drink and want to get into a habit. Also is water and lemon juice really even better than water on its own?

Some excitement, realistic goals & expectations and the right motivations are the keys to success.
I'm not so sure there are many tangible health benefits to lemon in water. But hey, if to you it adds some flavour then i'm sure there isn't anything bad about it - minor amount of fructose is about the worst case scenario.

Other techniques:
- Have a water bottle with divisions on it that are times of the day. Ie 1/4 of the bottle by 9am, 1/2 by 11 3/4 by 2pm and full by end of work day. As you drink more and more you can step the amount up aswell.
- Simply drink anytime you consume anytthing else, breakfast - drink water, tea and healthy snack in the morning - drink water....and so on
- track it on a chart
- buy soda stream and use it to make carbonated water cheaply (ie for a taste/flavour/texture change if you're someone that would get bored with the same thing over and over)
- have hot water instead of tea/coffee
- instead of vitamin tablets mix up a cocktail of them in water, keeping sure the calories don't blow out due to artificial flavoring etc.
im sure you could google a whole heap more, but hope that gives you some inspiration.

Hi, Pinkdaisies:)
I set the alarm to my phone every time I need smth to remember. You can mark everyday in your calendar - 'Drink water' and there you go. Like Joe said - bottle with divisions helps too. I work at the computer so I always have a cup of water in front of me. I don't even notice when I drink it all:laughing: For me, lemon and honey, sometimes fresh mint add little taste when I am bored of still water or when I simply cannot drink it anymore, especially at home))) I think nothing is wrong with adding some fruit to your drink. Good luck!

1 of the side effects most people experience is a dry mouth, trust me that makes u drink gallons of water, so always hav a water bottle with u. N remember 2 eat, even tho duromine suppresses your appetite completely u needa eat a couple of healthy meals. Good luck on ur journey :)
Pinkdaisies91 said:
Hi :) I'm 23 and from Australia. I am 183cm tall and my heaviest weight was 143kgs. I have lost a bit, down to 118kg for a while but now at around 130kgs. I have a script for Duromine 30mgs that I am picking up this Wednesday, I'm so excited to finally shift this weight!! Any tips on how to remember to drink heaps of water? I constantly forget to drink and want to get into a habit. Also is water and lemon juice really even better than water on its own?

Pinkdaisies91 said:
I am on day 1 and u will find most likely u will need to drink water, u won't need a reminder u really do get a dry mouth and will want to drink, I drank just over 2lt today!! Didn't even have to think about it lol just kept needing more ... Lots of peeing too lol

Reactions: toni-ann
Believe me you won't have to remind yourself to drink water!:laughing:
I carry a water bottle with me the whole day and constantly sip on it - Duromine will make you VERY thirsty - just don't drink juice or soda or stuff with calories.

Hi ,
Im into my third week,
Im exercising 2-3times a day.
Eating very strictly and i have only lost 5kg??
What am i doing wrong???

I am on my 2 week 10 days all up and now on 40's and I have just lost 3kg. So I am thinking the same thing what am I doing wrong . I have had no side affects apart from dry mouth and loss of appetite.

Any tips

Fatty33 said:
I am on my 2 week 10 days all up and now on 40's and I have just lost 3kg. So I am thinking the same thing what am I doing wrong . I have had no side affects apart from dry mouth and loss of appetite.

Any tips

You are eating aren't you?
What are you eating?
Are you exercising? Depending on the exercise you may be gaining muscle mass and losing fat, so it doesn't look like you're losing weight.
But you could be losing inches/cm.
Do your clothes fit differently? Did you take measurements?
Drinking plenty of water?

Hello shanitlly
Yes I am eating 3 small meals a day one of them being optifast shake
I have started walking 4 times aweek around 40 mins but that's all I can do at the moment
And I am drinking water that's all I can drink, I drink around 2 x 750 ml pump bottles a day some days a bit more.

Hey guys!
So I've started this whole weight loss thing 5.5 weeks ago with my starting weight at 112kg.
I basically cut all the crap out of my life, no meat, coffee, cake/sweets/chocolate/ energy drinks, junk food, chips, alcohol, softdrinks, juice, white bread, potatoes, take away etc and calorie counted like crazy!
I also joined the gym, I've been wearing a fitbit (flex and now Charge hr) for the past 9 months and try to do 10,000 steps a day. And I've also purchased a polar FT 7 to keep track of other stuff at the gym my fitbit couldn't.
So for the first three weeks I was going to the gym 3-4 times a week then got a bit slack but still didn't touch anything bad, or crave it! I have set my mind to believe that even one bad thing will mean setting myself back and yeah...
I've managed to lose 9.6kg in this time which has been sweet because its only been 5.5 weeks but I've really wanted a boost, and more motivation with energy included so I went and sorted out a prescription for Duromine with my gp.

I purchased duromine 40mg today which I will start tomorrow and super excited to get back onto going to the gym and being motivated.

My goal is to get to 55kg - 60kg (I'm a shorty...158cm)so I still have 47kg to go!

I've set myself a huge goal for this month, to essentially match my current weight loss in 4 weeks (instead of 5.5 weeks) which I think is doable considering I have so much weight to lose... Well one can at least try :)

This is going to sound sad, but guys shred and bulk up for stereosonic, and here I am preparing for a bloody music festival 6 months early! I'm sick of being the big girl there when my partner is so healthy :( once I get to my goal, I know I'd never let myself get this big again but for me, this is what I have to look forward to for my journey.

Sorry for the huge rant, but that's me in a nutshell!

Guys message me if you have a fitbit, would love to get some more friends on there and help each other stay motivated :)

Good luck everyone xx

7 hours in. I've had such an unproductive day.
I woke up just before midday feeling crappy and realised I should probably eat lunch with my very first duromine 40mg. Weighted myself and was 200g lighter @ 9.8kg lost yay.
I had 1 cup of vego fried rice... havent actually had rice in sooooo long. Took my duromine... and all of a sudden I got super sleepy and fell asleep for 2 hours on the couch :/ woke up peckish so had carrot sticks and now 3 hours later i'm a bit peckish again.
Gosh I hope I can get energy like you guys have been... we shall see how this all pants out this week :)

Day 1 complete!
I sat on the couch all day feeling sleepy and nauseous from taking Duro... Didn't think anything happened and BAM weighed myself to suss and I'm 10.6kg down. I cannot believe I did absolutely nothing yesterday and still lost 800grams. That doesn't mean I won't go to gym lol, just wanting my body to get use to Duro first cos man it makes me feel drowsy and hot lol. But yeah, there you go! Exciting times :)

Day 2 complete!
Barely felt like eating yesterday, I ate about 100calories in total lol :( terrible!
Weighed myself and again 800calories off and down to 100.6kg woooooo.

Forced myself to eat a pumpkin and pienut quiche... Still not feeling any energy and still boiling hot but nausea is going away! Also I'm able to still sleep like a baby haha.
Hoping to go back to the gym once my body is more use to the Duromine... Don't wanna fall off the treadmill or collapse during weights just yet!

Therese said:
Day 2 complete!
Barely felt like eating yesterday, I ate about 100calories in total lol :( terrible!

Forced myself to eat a pumpkin and pienut quiche... Still not feeling any energy and still boiling hot but nausea is going away! Also I'm able to still sleep like a baby haha.
Hoping to go back to the gym once my body is more use to the Duromine... Don't wanna fall off the treadmill or collapse during weights just yet!
Fight that feeling darling! You need some energy, meaning more food. Especially when you go to the gym - you need to eat more protein and carbs(!) Hm...I know it's hard since Duromine takes all hunger away, maybe change some dishes? Make some tasty salad just for you - white cheese, cherry tomatoes, some rocket salad or iceberg (juicy yum!), carrot shavings, little mix of olive oil+balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice. If you like chicken or turkey - add to this salad too. Or change the ingredients to whatever you prefer more. You can do so many dressings and sauses that are as delicious as those in bottles from the store. And I find natural spices make every dish much more desirable and tasty even when I am not hungry but still need to have a decent meal. Marjoram, turmeric, oregano, curry, chili...Btw, I've heard chili and all the rest capsicum, sweet pepper, etc. help you burn fat tissue faster.

Therese said:
Day 2 complete!

Hi! You sound like you're doing so well! I had the nausea (quite badly for a couple of days but only started a few days after taking) and quickly realised it was my body's way of telling me to eat! I was at work when it first hit, so bought an apple to test my theory. Bam, Nausea gone. I snacked a fair bit that day compared to first 2 or 3 days (so all up ate an apple, banana, few tbs yoghurt... not much, but more than previous days!) By the next 2-3 days I was able to tell by the funny feeling in my tummy when I needed to eat and I haven't had the nausea problem since. Your body may be telling you the same thing, so worth a shot!

I only had the energy boost on the second day of taking D (but not like some people seem to have!) and have not had since. Bummer, because I was probably looking forward to that the most! Like you, it actually makes me a bit sleepy during the day, and I sleep between 7-9 hours at night. I have an under-active thyroid, so energy levels were already low - I MIGHT have slightly more energy now compared to usual, but nothing noticeable. I have also found it worse for me when I have my period. My friend is a pharmicist and she explained to me that different bodies metabolise medications differently. Its got something to do with enzymes and proteins (I can't remember exactly!) but she suggested that may be why I don't feel any side affects. I also get nothing from taking pain killers such as Nurofen Plus (that buzzy feeling that people talk about!) and she knows that, so thats why she mentioned it to me.

Just mentioning these things incase anything applies to you and something may be handy! Good luck! x

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I will be starting my journey with Duromine. My goals are:
• lose 10kg
• establish good eating habits
• learn self control
• feel body confident

My eating habits are terrible. I try be healthy and put effort into preparing good meals, but if I don't prepare then I go and eat chocolate and other junk. I'm at the point where I'm sick of it and sick of feeling this way. I can't even show my body to my boyfriend and I feel so silly for it. He tries to make me feel sexy but if I don't believe it then I just feel embarrassed to have my top off in front of him.
Tomorrow I will post my stats and my experience on a day to day basis.
I have one question, does duromine only suppress appetite? Or does it help with weight loss too? Or is the appetite suppressant what helps people lose weight? Just curious because I hear so many mixed reviews.

Looking forward to trying duromine and hope it helps me reach my goals and fix my eating patterns :) anyone feel free to comment and share your success or failure stories with duromine.