Second Month And It's Not Working?

Lexi91

Standard Member
May 3, 2015
Hi all

I've been on 30mg for two months now. The first month I lost about a kilo, but I'm now almost at the end of the second month and not only have I not lost any extra weight I've put back on the weight I lost in the first month.

I'm definitely eating less, but I don't have any side effects whatsoever. I've had a dry mouth maybe three times in two months so that might not even be related to Duromine.

Not sure what to do, I tried Duromine as a last resort after trying all sorts of eating plans (I tried to make lifestyle changes rather than just dieting), and different types of exercise.

I'm going to the gym regularly, I have a PT and I burn roughly 450 calories in 30 minutes. Trying to eat as well as I can, and I'm getting a decent amount of sleep each night. It's worrying me though that an actual weight loss drug (not just some weight loss supplement) isn't working. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I ask my doctor for the 40mg?

Seva

Standard Member
May 4, 2015
Hi all

I've been on 30mg for two months now. The first month I lost about a kilo, but I'm now almost at the end of the second month and not only have I not lost any extra weight I've put back on the weight I lost in the first month.

I'm definitely eating less, but I don't have any side effects whatsoever. I've had a dry mouth maybe three times in two months so that might not even be related to Duromine.

Not sure what to do, I tried Duromine as a last resort after trying all sorts of eating plans (I tried to make lifestyle changes rather than just dieting), and different types of exercise.

I'm going to the gym regularly, I have a PT and I burn roughly 450 calories in 30 minutes. Trying to eat as well as I can, and I'm getting a decent amount of sleep each night. It's worrying me though that an actual weight loss drug (not just some weight loss supplement) isn't working. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I ask my doctor for the 40mg?
Ask your doctor to test your thyroid and other thing which may affect your weight loss.

Lexi91

Standard Member
May 3, 2015
Ask your doctor to test your thyroid and other thing which may affect your weight loss.
I've had it tested a few times. First time the levels were normal. Second time the levels were high, but not quite high enough to be prescribed medicine, and the last time they'd dropped back to normal again. :(

Reactions: Seva

Square One

Standard Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hi, I am having the same problem. I lost 4kg in the 1st month and in the second I GAINED 2kg. I was on 30mg and felt hungry still and so much so I felt sick as I didn't feel like eating. I am active with my horses so get plenty of exercise. I am definitely eating less and I am eating better. I went back to the doctor and she has given me a 1 month script for the 40mg but wants me to go back in a month because my blood pressure was borderline so she wants to keep an eye on that.

Lodd

Standard Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hi all

Lexi just be careful of wot u think u are burning at gym....my $200 heart rate guru band gave me reading like that but I borrowed trainers 2k one as she told me most in a full on hour was 500-550 anyway I was doing just under 400 in a hour ....half as much...and I work hard...as for ur eating...my first week 2kg 2-4 week nothing....I was eating less but not enough less...members here pointed out sometimes we eat from habit or emotions n not hunger...duromine only takes away the hunger not the habit...so now if I'm" hungry" I change wot I'm doing to break the boredom, I then make myself wait 30min and then if I'm still hungry I have my meal...not a snack my meal...it took about 3 weeks before I realised that the habit was gone and the tablets were working...now it's oh shit it's 3pm n I haven't eaten oh well might as well wait for dinner ....stick with it

Square One

Standard Member
Mar 16, 2015
as for ur eating...my first week 2kg 2-4 week nothing....I was eating less but not enough less...members here pointed out sometimes we eat from habit or emotions n not hunger...duromine only takes away the hunger not the habit...so now if I'm" hungry" I change wot I'm doing to break the boredom, I then make myself wait 30min and then if I'm still hungry I have my meal...not a snack my meal...it took about 3 weeks before I realised that the habit was gone and the tablets were working...now it's oh shit it's 3pm n I haven't eaten oh well might as well wait for dinner ....stick with it

What a great reply. I realised that I was still snacking out of habit but to try and help with this instead of snacking on 'naughty' foods I am snacking on things like raw beans, carrots etc. They give me the satisfaction of chewing and crunch, which is what I crave more than the actual taste of food. I am slowly starting to wean myself off the snacking with the help of the Duromine.