• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!

Saxenda Tolerance, Moving To Duromine

Gerry

Gerry

Standard Member
Jun 27, 2018
Male aged 59, 180cm, started at 104kg now 89 kg after 5 months of Saxenda. The Saxenda stopped working, I developed a tolerance, which is common. It happens with phentermine (Duromine) too, I have heard.

Today I ordered 60 capsules of Duromine 30mg.

I would have preferred to start on the 15mg dose because I react excessively to almost all medications, but I've read a lot of posts on other forums where people open Duromine capsules and take split doses, e.g. 15mg, and use that to titrate up to 30mg.

Apparently it's okay to open the capsules because the phentermine is bound to a resin in the little balls inside that are slow release. The capsule dissolves away in the stomach anyway; it's just a vehicle to get the little balls through the mouth and esophagus without spilling.

Anyone else opening capsules here?

Proof that even doctors will advise splitting the caps when necessary (copy and paste link to browser):
phentermine.com/forum/my-experience-phentermine/105281-opening-up-capsule.htm

@Gerry congrats on losing 15kg!! Awesome result :)

No experience opening capsules, but I wish you all the best!

Reactions: Gerry
Thanks Rava, I'll keep this thread updated with my progress.

Reactions: Rava
Sounds like a good plan, @Gerry. Congrats on your excellent weightloss so far!

@Gerry welcome on this forum! Thats fabulous youve lost so much already!
How does Saxenda work if you dont mind me asking?
How you feeling so far on duromine ...any side effects? Dont hesitate to ask for any tips etc....good luck with your journey !

Reactions: skinnymee
Start my Duromine in a week or so (ordered it online from an Australian pharmacy).

Saxenda (liraglutide) works on the hormonal level to suppress hunger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liraglutide

Okay, starting my Duromine for the first time now.

Have taken ½ a 30mg capsule each day for 2 days now. More energetic, sleeping badly, appetite reduced a bit. Pleased so far. Ate 1500 cals the first day, aiming for the same today. At that clip I'll lose about a kilo per week.

Reactions: April
Taking ½ caps is not working for me. Appetite almost normal. Took a full 30mg today ... we'll see.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks, April!

Well, the first day on 30mg was unremarkable. Finding it easy to stick to 1500 calories, which is good. If this continues I'll be very pleased. My biggest worry is that I'll develop a tolerance to it in the same way I did with Saxenda.

Reactions: April
My advice is that you stop focusing on this thought... Just forget it. Don't search for signs of tolerance development. Just do what you do for losing weight and focus on the goal and new eating behavior. Oh, and have a nice VERY active weekend!!!

Hi Gerry! How do you feel?

Feeling good, no severe side effects (slight headache occasionally, slight palpitations once or twice, stomach slightly uncomfortable a couple of times, diarrhea once, etc) and these side effects seem to be diminishing. Bottom line is that I am able to eat 1500 calories a day, whereas before I struggled to restrict myself to 2000.

At this rate I will be near my goal weight in 4 months. Pity I only have enough Duramine for 2 months!

Hmmm… maybe try taking it every other day to extend the stock to 4 months?

No, I tried a low dose and my hunger was unabated, so missing days will lead to disaster I suspect. I'll try to twist my GPs arm when the times comes :¬)

Ahaha! Ok then, all the best!

Wow! It’s a great result, considering how long you are on the weight loss road and the fact that your body is a bit used to your routine. Congrats!

Gerry said:
Start my Duromine in a week or so (ordered it online from an Australian pharmacy).

Saxenda (liraglutide) works on the hormonal level to suppress hunger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liraglutide

Hi Gerry, don't suppose you have an unused box of the saxenda that you want to part with?