Please Help!!!!

Mandisa

Standard Member
Apr 20, 2015
My name is Mandisa and I'm from South Africa... About 2 weeks ago I started taking duromine 30mg and only lost 2.7kg's. I'm 160cm and now weigh 80.05kg's, i just wanted to find out if that was normal because I was expecting to lose a lot more weight than that and I'm suddenly feeling very discouraged. Please HELP!!!, I exercise regularly(gym at least 3 times a week) cut down on my food intake although sometimes I still feel hungry from time to time and drink ALOT of water,sometimes I get very thirsty. Im trying to lose about 20kg's and would like to lose it as soon and as fast as possible.

Any form of help or advice will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
You are doing just great Mandisa;) I believe it is healthier to lose the weight slowly than a huge sudden drop, then you are more likely to pick it up again. We are all different and ANY LOSS IS A GOOD LOSS! Some ladies seem to lose 5kg in a week, but do not compare yourself to that.
Just keep it up, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED, believe me you will reach your goal weight.
You seem to be on the right track:):)
Read through all the other posts on this forum and you will find lots of inspirational stories and how other weight loss journeys went;)

Reactions: Audrey3

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Welcome Mandisa
It sounds as if you are doing it all right. Just remember to eat 3 to 5 small meals a day - and try to keep it as healthy as possible. It may not be the quantity but that the food is too fatty. A healthy eating plan will also help you maintain the weight one you reach your goal weight.
If you are not happy with your progress in another 2 weeks (although I think you are doing fine!) go back to your Doctor and see if they can not put you on the stronger dose. And do not compare yourself to other people, we are all unique!

Reactions: Gcina

Mandisa

Standard Member
Apr 20, 2015
Thank you for all the advice and motivation. Will give it my best again this week #FingersCrossed

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Absolutely. Steady and gradual (even little) weight loss is the best for the body. +1 CarinaKerr.
Please don't be discouraged, Mandisa! All your efforts will pay off I am sure. ;):cool: