Hey natalie.

Firstday i felt a bit scattered but thats it.. maybe a bit of nauesa.

It wasnt as bad as i thought at all!!

Good luck

I was so nervous. Oh my god. So nervous.

I take minefirst thing when i take my anti depressants. So whenevrr my kids wake me up. Usually between 6-7am. Firstnight i couldnt sleep but only for a hour but the second night I slept like a baby.

You will be fine. Dont read those things it doesnt affect everyone like that. X

Yes let me know

Good luck again :)

Today, I had lunch with a good friend who is a medical doctor and I was struggling to finish my lunch.
I was worried she might then I'd have to explain that I'm on duromine. I felt ashamed. It's almost inexplicable and I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

Nope.. not me Aurora.. I have decided to keep my duromine journey to myself ( this site is the exception)... but only because i dont want people close to me making comment ot placing their views on my every day ... i want to just see how those around me begin to change (as in how they interact with me) as it becomes obvious to them that I'm not quite so porky anymore.. for me - the social experiment of it is a part of the journey.. i dont feel i need to make excuses for not finishing a meal... i am not ashamed of taking duromine.. its my own self i am trying to help.. and i am not about to give someone else any 'power' over my journey .... Big Whoop if your out and cant eat all of a meal... Would you care if someone didnt eat all of a meal..?

Be proud of what you are doing for yourself...

Deanna78 said:
Nope.. not me Aurora.. I have decided to keep my duromine journey to myself ( this site is the exception)... but only because i dont want people close to me making comment ot placing their views on my every day ... i want to just see how those around me begin to change (as in how they interact with me) as it becomes obvious to them that I'm not quite so porky anymore.. for me - the social experiment of it is a part of the journey.. i dont feel i need to make excuses for not finishing a meal... i am not ashamed of taking duromine.. its my own self i am trying to help.. and i am not about to give someone else any 'power' over my journey .... Big Whoop if your out and cant eat all of a meal... Would you care if someone didnt eat all of a meal..?

Be proud of what you are doing for yourself...

I love your view point. I guess, I know her medical viewpoint that it's essentially speed and it isn't a long term option so for me, is that taking the "easy" way out? I know there's no way that is easy, no one wants to be overweight. My own demons, I guess!

Hi Aurora, I understand what you are saying, but... is duromine 'really' an easy way out?? There has to have come a point where your decision to seek Medical Assistance has arrived.. because of the need for ' resetting' how the body functions with/for food - including the mind... is your friend slim? Chances are she has no idea of how it feels to carry lots of additional kg?? There's always going to be those people in life who are opinionated and quite frankly - Rude - with how they share their thoughts... Her profession is built upon her understanding of what she has learnt through study and practice... however - Tact/Manners/Compassion etc aren't textbook attributes... Try not to allow the thoughts of others and the ways they are expressed deter you from Your paragraphs in life...
I want this duromine 'paragraph' im my life to work for me - and I don't want the opinions of others about taking duromine... And after the fact.. If I am lucky enough to lose a significant amount.. I may share that I sought help from the doctor.. or I may just say 'thanks.. its about time it I shed the weight.. so just got to it'.. people dont need to know - and as individuals.. we xam choose which parts of our Story we allow others to read and which parts we dont.. This part - is my part.. just for me..

Reactions: auroraB
I thought by taking duromine I would easily lose weight. However I still have to make good food choices and exercise daily it's certainly not a quick fix or easy way out..it's merely an aid.

Reactions: Mumo3girls
I absolutely agree!! Though I do give myself silent praise when my other half crunches on snacks beside me at night.. and I tap into thinking about my secret mission.. I can't wait to fit into my clothes again.. (the ones i like).. and to wear the ines still hanging with tags on.. Hoping the social experiment of this journey kicks in soon when i begin to notice subtle changes in the ways people may (or may not) interact with me.. when I was younger i experimented with how changing my hair colour saw people interact (or not with me). Was a fantastic thing to try.. this i imagine will have a similar effect.. how will i be treated, pending my figure ..

Deanna78 said:
I absolutely agree!! Though I do give myself silent praise when my other half crunches on snacks beside me at night.. and I tap into thinking about my secret mission.. I can't wait to fit into my clothes again.. (the ones i like).. and to wear the ines still hanging with tags on.. Hoping the social experiment of this journey kicks in soon when i begin to notice subtle changes in the ways people may (or may not) interact with me.. when I was younger i experimented with how changing my hair colour saw people interact (or not with me). Was a fantastic thing to try.. this i imagine will have a similar effect.. how will i be treated, pending my figure ..
I also have a mission to fit back into my size 12 jeans :) I deliberately didn't throw out any of my smaller clothes (even whilst gaining weight) because I have wanted to work towards to fitting them again :)

Hiya Bam Bam... jeans are my focus too.. haven't worn them for years. Can't eait to again!

hi guys this is my third day of Duromine and I and taking 15mg. I weighed myself at the doctor before I started and I was 95kg this evening I hopped on the scale and it states I'm 92kg total loss of 3kg already??? I'm confused and I know it's not my scale as it read me as 95kg the morning of my doctors appointment. Could this be water leaving my body? I am drinking heaps and heaps and I have had no appetite but forcing myself to Eat. To be honest I haven't eaten much at all... But I am a big eater anyway so this will be a shock to my body. Did anyone else experience this?

I am guessing it is fluid loss, as I am on my third day and got on the scales with similar results, I am hoping it will be the same or better after my offical weight in day.

Thanks for replying! I'm hoping so too! How often should we weigh ourselves? I don't want to get addicted to the scale. So maybe once a week or once a fortnight

Sophie, I am going to weigh in once a week, but I must do it first thing in the morning, after I have been to the toilet, and usually naked.lol....I can't have anything weighing me down.lol

Sophie Couper said:
hi guys this is my third day of Duromine and I and taking 15mg. I weighed myself at the doctor before I started and I was 95kg this evening I hopped on the scale and it states I'm 92kg total loss of 3kg already??? I'm confused and I know it's not my scale as it read me as 95kg the morning of my doctors appointment. Could this be water leaving my body? I am drinking heaps and heaps and I have had no appetite but forcing myself to Eat. To be honest I haven't eaten much at all... But I am a big eater anyway so this will be a shock to my body. Did anyone else experience this?
Hi Sophie it is probably fluid weight. It is my 2nd day today and will be weighing myself weekly, can't wait! How are you going?

It is most probably fluid retention but a 3kg loss will motivate you to keep going. So do not worry about where it is coming from, just keep it up!:):) Most people prefer to weigh in once a week. Try to do it at the same time after the same routine. And remember that women tend to retain fluid during certain times of their cycles so keep an eye on that and do not worry if there is a week where the weight stays more or less the same. Also remember to take measurements. I found that I lost more cm's than kilos the first few months.

I plan to weigh myself once a week ☺ but I do know that im probably going to sneak onto those scales more often then not to check my progress. I'm impatient lol. I have never used duromine before however my last diet I lost 17kgs and put 5 back on and maintained that weight for two yrs. First couple of days don't usually mean much, you eat less so are simply not ingesting the same weight of food..your body can also go up and down by 1-2 kgs a day depending on food,water,and if you've been to the bathroom. But keep up the stories im going through heaps of stories on the forum and its inspiring to hear the success and even the failures. It gives ppl a down to earth approach of the struggle we r all facing. Keep up the posts! ☺ & all the best!

Reactions: Mumo3girls
Hi all my names Tara I'm currently 94 kilos and on day three of Duromine 40mg.
My goal is to get down to 60 as that's my best weight for my body.
My Question is..
What is a good time frame to gain these results?
And I'm having trouble actually doing excersize other then walking.
Q= what does everyone else do as a workout?
Also what do u eat in a day and can I stick to same food everyday or do I have to mix it up everyday. I'm trying to stay away from white products like bread pasta potatos and rice.
I'm not good at knowing what's good and what's not so good other then knowing no junk and packet foods.
Any advise will be greatly apriciated.
Thank u and good luck

Hello dear Tara! :)

Welcome! I'll share my own experience with you if you don't mind.
First. As far as I understood you need to lose about 30 kg. It's quite a weight) I had to lose a lot more and I got prepared for a long-term journey. The best balance I would say to lose about 0.5-1 kg per week. But you can do more especially during the first couple of weeks, it's normal. After that the weight loss usually slows down. So, I think you need at least six or more months to achieve your desired goal. A year even.

Secondly. Exercises. For start walking if fine, just make sure you walk at least 40-60 minutes a day. Myfitnesspal and some of step tracker will do a great job. Myfitnesspal helped me calculate my calories and recorded my weight loss perfectly. Step tracker shows your physical activity and tells you how much you need to add/reduce it for the desired results. It is very convenient. Also, if you feel like you are not motivated enough for home exercises (I recommend Youtube videos), then if you have a bicycle, try to use it instead of your car for example. You would be surprised how many calories bike riding can burn. If you have small dumbbells at home - do some lifts or at least gymnastic moves.

Speaking of diet. If you will eat the same meals every day, you'll get bored. What I did: jumped to the green department, bought every vegetable I saw. Guess what I discovered new faves: avocado (here's my recipe: sliced avocado, couple of hard cheese cubes, pomegranate, lemon juice, olive oil -yummy!), broccoli, rocket salad, celery, beatroots, etc. Best way to consume fresh or boiled (frozen vegetable mix+tablespoon of cream, water and you get a tasty soup for lunch, dinner). Turkey, chicken, lamb or even little bit of duck meat - grilled or baked only. Avoid pork. What else... Eggs are great for the breakfast and even dinner. Two per day is enough. Try to drink more still water - little tea and coffee. By the way I found an app counting how much you should drink water and a reminder, I used to forget to drink)))

You can sit one day and google for healthy simple recipes and list them for the week for example then stick to your fridge or elsewhere you can see it. So you won't have to think hard what to eat the next day if you're busy. If you find your boiled, steamed, baked meals untasty, I recommend you making home-made souces, such as: plain salad dressing - olive oil, mixed with lemon juice (or pomegranate juice), mustard. #2 - low-fat yogurt, olive oil, pinch of garlic. #3 - balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper (ideal for boiled beatroot+soft white chees like mozarella or any other). Try to avoid mayonaise, ketchup from the store - they contain lots of calories and additives. Instead make your own - tomato passata, basil, olive oil, garlic, apple puree, salt, pepper - wait till it gets cold and voila ketchup!

If you love pasta - try soybean chinese one, it's healthier plus you can mix it with turkey, chicken, beans, capsicum, zucchini, etc. Avoid white bread -you know it)) Well, I guess that's it for now, sorry for that long intro, but I wanted to help and inspire you. I am sure other users will share some of their tips as well soon.

Good luck and stick to your plan during holidays! Hugs! :laughing: