• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
I'm also worried I'll fail this Attempt of being healthy and happy.
Every attempt I have done, food plans, diet drops, diet pills, shakes, prepacked foods, all failed . Lose motivation and go back to my bad eating habits.

I want to drop atleast the 10-12kilos I've put on since November 2013.

And also a further 10 kilos to be a bit more healthy before kids.
I just hope mentally i can do this .

Traci Coc said:
Tomorrow will be my second week...my eating habits have changed dramatically...
I no longer have the cravings for sweet or savoury..I think about it but don't have the urge to eat it..
Is this the tablet or me getting in the right mind set..
I am also more prepared for my meals with healthy eating..
Previously the many times I have tried to lose weight I wasn't eating healthy and the right mind set hadn't been there....
So my fear is when I stop taking Duromine will I fall back into my bad habits and cravings...
Hi, Traci
It could be the tablets, or you getting the right mind set, but again with the help of tablets. I think when you stop Duromine you will be able to control your appetite on your own by that time. Because you will get used to new diet plan. You should only decide whether you really want it or not. We all have to hange something in our lives from time to time, so let it be your big change. Good luck.

Reactions: Traci Coc
Thanks ladies..it's comforting to know that we all have similar worries..
Wishing you all strength on our weight loss journey..
It's good to be able to write down your feelings and not be judged..☺️

Hi all, I'm 28 with two children, just done my blood tests and everything to start D as doctor subscribed. I'm 113kg at the moment and looking to try loose at least 20kg. Done so much reading and read many of your comments that make me feel much better about taking it, but just want to ask how people have lost the most weight exercise and diet wise with taking D ? Just best want the best result

Hello Jillian and welcome!
You see the point of losing weight is to make your body use more energy (calories) than it gets from food, so that it starts burning fat deposits. But this should be a smart process, not simply a starvation. Because when starving for long time you WILL lose some weight obviously, but then get many health issues. You don't need this.
Ok. First of all, you need to think positively and believe in yourself. You need to realize that this is the life change you want to do, just you and nobody else. You are 113 kg now, meaning all this extra weight was gained during some time, right? So, to lose it you also need time, remember this and don't expect great results very soon. Despite what other users write, because we are all different.

The most important thing in a good and successful diet is your menu. My best advice is to think over healthy dishes you enjoy eating (make some changes if they are too fatty or sweet, etc.), because you should enjoy your meals, not torture your body. Take a sheet of paper and write it down or on the computer whatever. You should eat many times a day but in small portions - that's the rule (although Duromine will make you forget about hunger). You still need to eat proteins, carbs and even fat. But in reasonable amounts.
For example: breakfast - boiled egg, bran toast with small piece of butter, coffee. Or - porridge (muesli if you like), raisins or nuts and any other berries, tea. Or - scrambled eggs with a small piece of cheese, or tomato, tea / coffee, etc. Or - small bowl of cottage cheese with honey or berries, tea / coffee. Just make sure your breakfast contains proteins and carbs because this meal is digested best of all the rest during a day. By the way it gives you enough energy, because most users complain about weakness during the day.

Snack - nuts, yogurt or berries, one fruit.
Lunch - chicken breast (not fried!) with veggie salad (lettuce, rocket salad, mozzarella, cherry tomato, olive oil; cherry tomato, carrots, tuna, lettuce, balsamico+olive oil, or lemon juice, etc.). Or - grilled fish with lemon and grilled veggies.
Snack - fruit.
Dinner - soup (you may choose any of recipes from the Internet, just make sure it's light). Voila! See how many options?
The key here is to make your portions tiny. Your body gets food, but not enough to store it as fat, so when you move more it needs more energy, hence burns fat.

Of course, you will need to do exercises, or simply increase physical activity. Walking, jogging, gym, yoga, zumba....anything, just make your body move a lot. And last but not least - take your pill as early in the morning as possible and at the same time every day. Monitor your side effects and report your doctor if you have any. I hope some of my tips were helpful and wish you a great loss, darling!

P.S. Do not weigh yourself too often, it can demotivate you. Just once a week would be great.
Best regards,

Kate

Reactions: lastoption
Kate said:
Hello Jillian and welcome!
You see the point of losing weight is to make your body use more energy (calories) than it gets from food, so that it starts burning fat deposits. But this should be a smart process, not simply a starvation. Because when starving for long time you WILL lose some weight obviously, but then get many health issues. You don't need this.
Ok. First of all, you need to think positively and believe in yourself. You need to realize that this is the life change you want to do, just you and nobody else. You are 113 kg now, meaning all this extra weight was gained during some time, right? So, to lose it you also need time, remember this and don't expect great results very soon. Despite what other users write, because we are all different.

The most important thing in a good and successful diet is your menu. My best advice is to think over healthy dishes you enjoy eating (make some changes if they are too fatty or sweet, etc.), because you should enjoy your meals, not torture your body. Take a sheet of paper and write it down or on the computer whatever. You should eat many times a day but in small portions - that's the rule (although Duromine will make you forget about hunger). You still need to eat proteins, carbs and even fat. But in reasonable amounts.
For example: breakfast - boiled egg, bran toast with small piece of butter, coffee. Or - porridge (muesli if you like), raisins or nuts and any other berries, tea. Or - scrambled eggs with a small piece of cheese, or tomato, tea / coffee, etc. Or - small bowl of cottage cheese with honey or berries, tea / coffee. Just make sure your breakfast contains proteins and carbs because this meal is digested best of all the rest during a day. By the way it gives you enough energy, because most users complain about weakness during the day.

Snack - nuts, yogurt or berries, one fruit.
Lunch - chicken breast (not fried!) with veggie salad (lettuce, rocket salad, mozzarella, cherry tomato, olive oil; cherry tomato, carrots, tuna, lettuce, balsamico+olive oil, or lemon juice, etc.). Or - grilled fish with lemon and grilled veggies.
Snack - fruit.
Dinner - soup (you may choose any of recipes from the Internet, just make sure it's light). Voila! See how many options?
The key here is to make your portions tiny. Your body gets food, but not enough to store it as fat, so when you move more it needs more energy, hence burns fat.

Of course, you will need to do exercises, or simply increase physical activity. Walking, jogging, gym, yoga, zumba....anything, just make your body move a lot. And last but not least - take your pill as early in the morning as possible and at the same time every day. Monitor your side effects and report your doctor if you have any. I hope some of my tips were helpful and wish you a great loss, darling!

P.S. Do not weigh yourself too often, it can demotivate you. Just once a week would be great.
Best regards,

Kate

Thanks soo much Kate really needed these tips right now. Stressing a little but have taken everything in. As much as I say I would love to loose 20kg I am happy to loose anything to be a healthy mummy for my two little children.

Reactions: Kate
Can I please just ask Kate, what kind of figures do people mostly see on the scales weekly from taking D?

Hm... depends. Well, some said they've lost 3 kg per week, the others 400grams or so. I would say that little but stable is best. Like 1 kg per week is perfect, even 500gr but every week - makes a huge difference. The good thing about gradual loss is that your body can adjust to changes as well as your skin. BTW you may use some body lotion or simply oil to avoid stretch marks.

Anytime, dear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trudeelala
jillian14 said:
Hi all, I'm 28 with two children, just done my blood tests and everything to start D as doctor subscribed. I'm 113kg at the moment and looking to try loose at least 20kg. Done so much reading and read many of your comments that make me feel much better about taking it, but just want to ask how people have lost the most weight exercise and diet wise with taking D ? Just best want the best result

Hi
Some people report amazing weight loss it is unrealistic and demotivating if u expect some miracle weight loss u will be disappointed and DONT WEIGH urself everyday that is all demotivating. U might lose weight slowly but even if one week u lose no weight remember if u were not on this journey u would be putting on weight like u have before.

Take it one day at a time & only weigh urself once a week.

Good luck keep us updated with ur new healthy journey!!

I was just looking back at photos of myself from 6mths ago and really couldnt believe it. Its so easy to "let yourself go", life just goes on,...and so does the weight. You really do grow some what comfortable in your own skin and just except that your over weight. I know I did. But then came that time when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and looked alot bigger then the mental pic i had of myself in my head. I did not like what I was seeing. Soooo, In an eggshell: started D 30mg, strict eating, small portions, water, exercise and regularly changing exercise routine, lost weight, weight loss slowed down, DIDNT LOSE HOPE, kept up with being good with food and lifestyle, fast forward 6 months....... Found myself looking at those photos and feeling such relief and happy, that Im slowly but surely physically becoming that person that I feel like I am and not stuck in that body I had. My starting weight was 99.7kg, Iv averaged around 5kgs a month give or take. Now im 70kg. Still got more to go, but feel so much better, healthy and not wanting to hide myself so much. I always was deterred by the thought that it takes
people so long to get to a healthy weight, but it really actually goes very fast and youl be so happy you did it. I wrote this hoping those who read it at the beginning of their weight loss journeys will have some inspiration that if you stick with it, it WILL work, even when it seems like it wont. Live and be well :)

misshell said:
I was just looking back at photos of myself from 6mths ago and really couldnt believe it. Its so easy to "let yourself go", life just goes on,...and so does the weight. You really do grow some what comfortable in your own skin and just except that your over weight. I know I did. But then came that time when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and looked alot bigger then the mental pic i had of myself in my head. I did not like what I was seeing. Soooo, In an eggshell: started D 30mg, strict eating, small portions, water, exercise and regularly changing exercise routine, lost weight, weight loss slowed down, DIDNT LOSE HOPE, kept up with being good with food and lifestyle, fast forward 6 months....... Found myself looking at those photos and feeling such relief and happy, that Im slowly but surely physically becoming that person that I feel like I am and not stuck in that body I had. My starting weight was 99.7kg, Iv averaged around 5kgs a month give or take. Now im 70kg. Still got more to go, but feel so much better, healthy and not wanting to hide myself so much. I always was deterred by the thought that it takes
people so long to get to a healthy weight, but it really actually goes very fast and youl be so happy you did it. I wrote this hoping those who read it at the beginning of their weight loss journeys will have some inspiration that if you stick with it, it WILL work, even when it seems like it wont. Live and be well :)

Thank you Misshell. This is a really good experience. You did very well. I wish you more weight to lose in a short time. ;)

Exact
misshell said:

I exactly can relate on this... Its so sooo easy to let ourselves go! I feel like kicking myself why...

Ive been taking many diet pills on the market and most of them do work but bcse of the 'convenience' i let myself go just bcse i think i can lose it again until one day few weeks ago, it hit me.. BAD. Even meal replacement of twice a day didnt help. In fact i gained more weight and im at my heaviest in my whole entire life at 71.5kg. Am only 5"5.

Perhaps im soy intollerant, but even the usual diet pills that ive consumed and succeed gave up on me! It some sort of giving signal that im immune to it? Thats when i started to panic

Panicking is good. It sent me straight to my senses and now wanting to lose weight permanently - given the chance.

Doc was reluctant to prescribe, bcse my body shape is fine for my height. I look OK but once he weigh me and calculate my BMI it was 27 and my waistline is 32, he started to give in ONLY to give me 1 month supply.

So i cannot afford to blow this one time only chance..

Being overweight is not enough to be prescribed. Being obese is the main criteria. I was lucky.. Really lucky given the fact that D is rare and taboo in my country (few years back people been taking it senselessly without prescription and had pretty severe side effects)

Let us all who just started not blow our chances. Overweight or obese :) even if we hit plateau, we can always readjust the calorie intake.. Its not that hard dont give up! Good luck!

Hi Kate,
I'm about to start taking Duromine, Im not obese, Im just wanting to be on Duromine short term and loose around 10kgs, Im currently 60kgs
My main concern/worry is the increased heart rate.
Ive been going to the gym the last few months regularly, and I usually do HIIT workouts or interval training which can get my heart rate quite high, can be up to around 190 and I sweat like crazy (which is good haha)
But when i start taking duromine and my heart rate increases, should i be doing my usual work out routine? Im worried my heart rate will get too high and something bad will happen like a heart attack. Or should i just be doing low intensity workouts.
I dont drink any coffee etc, I am female and 23 yrs old

Any help would be greatly appreciated so im completely informed before I begin.
Thanks!

Hi all

Im starting duromine 15mg tomorrow and im slightly nervous.

I had a majot weight increase after my brother died.. im 175cm and went from 60kgs to 80kgs in a month.

Ive now started studying medicine with two little kids (dd is 5 ds is 3) and i cant loose the weight no matter what i do.

Im unhappy, sad and i have to be a bridesmaid in jan. In my dress fitting i wentfrom a 8 to a 14-16 in 2 months :(.

Any advice would be helpfull. I do like a vodka at night with myhusband. We eat very well, no junkfood allowed in this house..

I have a hens night the 16days.
Can i still drink? I have so much to do that night i dont want to be a let down.

Any advice or warnings on the side effects would be great . Ps i have sleeping pills

So i started today.
Felt a bit scattered all day but got my study done. Had a few exercises planned so did them. Suprisingly not hungry at all.
No other symptoms as yet. Am having a vodka watching the sun set with my fam.

Hope this works.

It's best to avoid alcohol especially at the start. Because alcohol is a relaxant and duromine is a stimulant they will counteract each other. Watch your portion sizes on food, exercise and drink lots and lots of water and you will do great:)

Reactions: Kate
Thank you so muxh for your post. I hope i will loose the 15kgs i want to.

What do you mean about stimulant vs relaxant?

Duromine stimulates your body and that's why you have energy. Alcohol depresses the central nervous system thereby relaxing you. So the duromine becomes ineffective. The occasional drink is ok but every night means extra calories that you then need to work off. A key to losing weight is to detox your liver and drinking alcohol will slow that down. Try taking turmeric tablets or some super green tablets to detox your liver.

Reactions: Crazyme
True, Tony

Other than that, alcohol also depresses your control over portion size, meaning you eat more than your body needs, without noticing that.((( Alcohol (especialy a strong one like vodka contains a lot of calories itself). And yes, the liver suffers a lot when you combine any medication (and let's not forget Duromine is a medication) with alcohol. So, I would not recommend to risk that much. You may not even have side effects, but who knows?

Thank you alot for your inputs :)

Ive mever really been a big eater.. my weight gain is from anti depresant medication so thisis why the doc thought this drug would workbest.

I must admit im not hungry and my meal sizes have gone to limited sizes. Im trying to eat 5 small meals a day.. ill still have a vodka with my husband as ive worked oht the calories and the ones i drink aresugar free :)