• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi Everyone

I am starting Duromine tomorrow. Couldnt believe how iexoensive it was currently I am 102kg and are hoping to shed 30kg. Just wondering how long this journey has taken people. I am 170cm.

Hi Naomi,

Duromine is expensive I was a bit surprised myself how much it cost - but it definitely is worth it I think it definitely makes the hard slog of dieting a little easier. I still feel hungry on it but it helps me to make the right choices, eases the cravings a lot really helps with that as I'm a chocoholic and must kick start the motabolism a fair bit. I haven't been on it long enough to tell you how long it will take but I can say that for me I weighed myself starkers every morning in the first week and my numbers went down daily.
I am a very similar weight to you and I am 5cm shorter so our goals are roughly the same I am 94.9 and hoping to get down to 68 kilos.

Good luck for tomorrow, you will prob get an energy burst a couple of hours after taking it which personally I enjoyed the extra energy but after a few days my energy levels have went back to normal.

Hi Naomi! And welcome to our big family:)! It's good to know that you start this difficult journey to fight againt excessw eight! I know it can be difficult at the beginning, but you'll do great!! Yes, sometimes the pills are way too expensive, but you should also be careful, since a lot of frauds can be out there on the internet. Good luck and looking forward for your first results!

Hi,

So about 10 days ago, maybe a few more, I has to stop taking D. Blood pressure was too high. I could feel it, it was pretty unpleasant and a little scary. I'm still going to the gym a couple of times a week and watching what I eat and drink.
My weight will come off, I just have to do it the regular "eat less move more" way.
And if it takes a little longer that's better than having a heart attack.

Good luck everyone!! And if Duromine doesn't work for you for whatever reason, don't give up!

Well its been exactly a month and i thought id do a bit of a check in and let you all know how im going :)
I never again felt that extreme energy kick like i did on my first day but it did take my body a while to get used to the duromine. Extreme sweating would probably be one of my worst side effects.. i would just be walking around at work at i would be sweating profusely.. like i would at the gym during an extreme work out!
Getting to sleep became less and less of a problem as the days went on.
I found i still had an appetite towards the end of the day, but nothing i couldnt control.
My diet most days has consisted of 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, apple and banana for lunch, and a very small portion of a non-carb dinner (i.e chicken and veggies, fish, meat).
In the last month ive been going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week doing weights and cardio.
Weighed myself today for the first time and im down to 81.5 which is a total loss of 9.5 kg in a month!
just 11.5 kg to go untill i hit my goal :laughing:
Ive found that the weight isnt coming off as fast anymore which will mean a lot more hard work but you only get out what you put in!
Duromine has very much assisted me to keep on track with my weightloss.. i dont think ive been able to stick to a diet for this long ever!
its the most amazing feeling when people come up to me and tell me ive lost weight, even more of an amazing feeling when a pair of pants that used to be so tight on me are now as loose as ever.
The doctor has prescribed me one more month of duromine,
i'll definitely check in with you guys in a couple of weeks to let you know of my weightloss :)
good luck everyone!

Oh Hello, Sam! And congratulations for your first amazing results! It's always good to know that someone hits all records and doing great, though the struggle is tough! In my opinion your diet is perfectly balanced for a healthy daily meals. Although when you first time wrote about extreme energy and that you couldn't sleep well, I was worried about your cardio exercises. Since now you say you no longer feel bouncy and very active, it's Okay and your body got used to Duromine. Don't worry about weight loss that it seems to come off slowly, it happens with all of us. My advice to lessen cardio workouts a little bit, because you don't want to overload your heart, do you? I mean that 3-4 times a week is good, but maybe more weights and less cardio. And I think till the time you will manage to lose your desired 11.5 kg your body will get used to this kind of life and diet and it will be much easier to maintain your new weight. Good luck and keep it up! :)

Hi All,

I am starting duromine or metermine 30mg today.

History: I have struggled with my weight since about 8 years old, being 15-20kgs overweight.
I've lost 10-20 kilos previously but never been able to keep it off.
2 years ago I got down to my lowest adult weight of 75kg's, I then got into a relationship.. let myself slip and have put on 31 kilos since then.
One relationship breakdown/excess food consumption/quitting smoking/alcohol consumption.
I work long hours in a stressful job, and finding motivation to get to the gym after work and eating healthy is hard.
I really need a boost of energy and I am hoping duromine can help..

So starting stats:

Height: 163cm
Weight: 106kg
Current Weight: 106kg
Goal Weight: 65kg
BMI: 40
Starting Blood Pressure: 120/84

I would love to get to a lower goal weight, but I don't think it would be achievable for me to maintain.
I plan to watch what I eat significantly, only eating while hungry... NO ALCOHOL which is huge for me, and trying to exercise for at least an hour 6 days per week.
I've lost 20 kilos before, and I watched what I ate.. had one "cheat day" where I ate maintenance calories and was so good with my exercise.

Day one:

Woke up at 7am very tired and feeling a bit shitty. Took tablet at approximately 7:30am.
It's now 10:30am and I am feeling pretty good, not hungry at all, dry mouth and pretty thirsty but i've taken med's before that have that affect.
My fuse is a little short, but I'm feeling a bit energetic.

Well day one finished off okay. I had quite a bit of energy but it seemed to fade into the evening and I did get a bit hungry.
I must eat breakfast... I think that's important.
I was bad and had alcohol :( Two drinks.. I think I finished up around 1500-1600 calories.

My ex came over and it's funny he's lost 25 kilos in 8 months and.. i've put on 31 kilos in 2 years & 8 months.

Anyway so my sleep was a bit broken I probably only got about 3-4 hours.
I didn't see any loss this morning but I was on a normal scale not digital.
I'm going to try not to weigh in every day as it will get me down.

I just had breakfast of tomato on toast, and later i'll have a salad sandwich & a lesnack if im still hungry.
Lots of water to be consumed today because it's going to be very hot.

Don't know if i'll get to the gym tonight, but over the weekend I really want to spend a few hours their during the day.

Hello and welcome caragh87!
It's nice to meet you and I must say you have quite concrete plans, that's good.) )
I keep saying that weight loss is something very complicated and requires will power, patience, time and support. Support you have already (;)) as for the rest, it is up to you my dear!
1. Energy is normal - the pills deliver it, but yes - breakfast is the most important meal throughout a day, even when you're on diet.
2. Alcohol is bad. Once you've chosen "healthy path" you should stick to it, no exceptions (just a tip) ) .
3. Men and women lose weight in a different way, since our bodies work differently a little bit, but I'm pretty sure you know that. So don't look at your ex, because now you have your new diet plan and start it all over. Besides you do great so far!
4. Weigh yourself at least once a month (you're right an everyday weighing might cause disappointment).
5. Gym is good. But I recommend not to overload yourself. Trust me, 30-45 minutes of moderate exercises (and 15 minutes of cardio max!) is enough for the start.
I hope you don't mind my few tips and hope they are somehow helpful.
P.S. If you need some recipes on breakfast or lunch, dinner, etc. - just ask! Have a lovely day and easy weight loss!

Hi Kate,

Your so sweet, thank you so much.
I haven't had any alcohol since that little slip.
I ended up killing myself at the gym on Saturday and Sunday and so last night I was EXHAUSTED. I did 42 minutes and then 102 minutes, so I think that was a bit too much.
I've been weighing in, and I think i've lost about 2 kilos but I'm not sure of my exact starting weight.. it was between 106-107 and now i'm 105 but weigh in day isn't until thursday.

I'd love some recipes if you have them, especially for lunch and dinner.
Hope you have a great day too!

Well the next few days have been good.
I've been eating 1200 calories or less.. I know that's not much.. But I am just not hungry.
I went to the gym Saturday/Sunday/Monday and i've burnt 1665 calories in that time which I think is good.
I hope to go again tonight if i'm feeling up to it.

I've been great with water, and making good-ish food choices.
Not sure about dinner for tonight though.

I sadly need to keep track of when I'm going number 2 because I can't remember that last time I went.
Maybe I need to take something, but I really hate that stuff....

I weighed in at 155.5 this morning which is a bit disappointing.. I should have lost more.... my estimate is that I should have been at 1.5 kilos lost at least..
It's possible that I started at 107kg though...

I need to cut myself a break though, and just keep at it and see how i'm doing at the end of this month.
Gotta keep going... not give up.

caragh87 said:
Hi Kate,

Your so sweet, thank you so much.
I haven't had any alcohol since that little slip.
I ended up killing myself at the gym on Saturday and Sunday and so last night I was EXHAUSTED. I did 42 minutes and then 102 minutes, so I think that was a bit too much.
I've been weighing in, and I think i've lost about 2 kilos but I'm not sure of my exact starting weight.. it was between 106-107 and now i'm 105 but weigh in day isn't until thursday.

I'd love some recipes if you have them, especially for lunch and dinner.
Hope you have a great day too!

Hi, sweetie!
It's a pleasure to help you, so here are few recipes I was using:
1. Brunch / Lunch (optional) : 1 banana; 1 apple; water (or green tea).
2. Snack: yogurt 1.5% fat.
3. Dinner: oatmeal (milk, raisins, berries, nuts; choose whatever you like).
4. Brunch / Lunch: 1 orange (banana, apple, mango, any fruit, your choice) and yogurt 1.5% fat.
5. Snack: cottage cheese mixed with fruit and some nuts.
6. Dinner: boiled chicken (breast) .
My plan was not to fry anything. Just eating fresh, boiled or stewed food. And counting calories is helpful too. I know it's annoying and uncomfortable at first, but I made a note on my fridge so I shouldn't remember this.) ) (These recipes are only that I remembered of, I should check my other notes, maybe I'll find something else) .
P.S. Since this kind of diet was way to different from what I used to eat before, I needed some "stimulants" for my mood and state. So I was making "energy cocktails": water with lemon and ginger; green tea+lemon (lime) and tsp of honey; hot chocolate is good; green tea+cane sugar+lemon or fresh mint+ vitamin C. Here you go! But if you feel bouncy with the pills, then you probably don't need these drinks. I used to sleep badly, so I needed them) ). Okay, I guess that's it, I wish you a beautiful day and looking forward your posts!

Hi Guys!

This is the first time ive ever used a blog, forum or thread thingy, yay, exciting!

Started duromine today although im not heavily obese i am overweight and have trouble getting it off. Want to share my hopes, dreams and goals with someone :)

So starting weight:70.5
Height: 154cm (Very Short, probably look wider that my height lol)
BMI: 29

Aim: According to BMI i should be 48kgs, pfft as if, id be happy with 55kgs

Why/What i am using as motivation: To cut a long story short my ex husband will be attending a wedding i am also going to in 10weeks! I want to look great, his the love of my life. Probably not going to work out but this has been the most motivated about weight loss i have ever been..

Diet: Specific Diet.. 4 Days Protein Foods Only, then after that incorperate steamed veg..

Day 1: Took at 9am, Very Very productive at work and have come home and cleaned the house! Not sure if i was hot today because of the heat or the duromine or having sugar withdrawals lol Oh well it wasnt bad..

Hopefully tomorrow is good too..

Hello Sunnyside! Welcome!
It's the right place for sharing your hopes, dreams and goals, as you've said :)
We're all here at the same boat, someone is a newbie, the others are pro))) Anyway, you got our support, tips and thoughts to make your journey fun and easy!

Well I weighed in this morning at 104.8kg :)
I am going to call my starting weight 107kg because that's what I feel I was at on the morning I first started on the digital scales weighing in..
semantics I know..

So a lost of 2.2 kilos for my first week, of course like everyone I would have liked more but that's life.
I'm going to try and get my calories up to about 1400 per day, I think for a while not having enough is going to affect me.

Day 2...

Again took at 9am (ive been doing this so i am around people in case any odd aide effects occur, to be safe till im sure)

So last night i feel like i only had 2 hours solid sleep and the rest i was kinda laying there deep in thought, mind racing, thinking about being skinny lol But got up and felt great and well rested anyway. Today was really good, didnt feel out of the norm at all. So hopefully im going to be a lucky one in regards to side effects!

I forgot my lunch at work, didnt want to buy bad stuff from the food truck so i ate a wheetbix for breaky and one for lunch, dinner i had steak and scrambled eggs lol Weird i know, but apparently its good for you :/

Been drinking heaps of water and finally getting used to it, i was a soft drink junky but havwnt touched it for a week now :)

Excersize is hard for me to find time so i spring cleaned the store room at work and stretched and squats against pantry while cooking dinner haha !

If anyone knows some good ideas dor excersize at home or office, especially ones for core strength id be very interested :)

Realised i dont have scales at home! So will get some over the weekend.

Sunnyside quote: "If anyone knows some good ideas dor excersize at home or office, especially ones for core strength id be very interested"

Oh, dear! You've inspired me... I have some home exercises come to my mind... a lot actually) ) )
I'll check some easy ones and post you later, ok?
If you don't mind:)

Home Workout

Warm-up first

Some dancing will do (5 minutes is enough), side bends (hands on hips; 8 times each side); forward bends (spine is straight, arms stretched over the head; 4-8 times); turning side to side (hips to the right – arms to the left and vice versa); circular motions of the pelvis; lift leg, bent in knee (one by one, holding the knee with hands). Some circular motions of the neck. And finally bending from side to side just to warm up the blood. Ready to go!

1.Squats

Move your buttocks as far as possible back, hold the back straight!

(watch your knees are not further than the toes)

If it's hard to hold your back straight, do not sit too low

Remember squats train your quadriceps (front hip muscles)

Repeat 10-15 times (3 sets)

2.Abs

Twists can be done on yoga mat or any other. You might need some legs fixation, or you can do without it.

Lie down on the floor, bend your legs resting against the floor, hands behind the head (but do not pull your head with hands!), elbows aside and rise up. It's enough to rise your shoulder blades off the floor.

You gotta feel your upper abs this way. Make 15 times / 3 sets.

3.Lunge

This exercise reduces your hips and buttocks size. Take a step forward with one leg, not to far just to feel comfortable. Go down slowly, almost touch your knee to the floor. It takes good balance though, but you can do it.

Repeat 8-10 times (3 sets – 20 seconds rest each).

Hands on the hips or take some light dumbbells (1kg) if you have at home.

Hi!

Why are you going to up your calories? 1200 is the right amount for weight loss.
2.2 loss is great you should be very proud!

Dee ;)

deebee said:
Hi!

Why are you going to up your calories? 1200 is the right amount for weight loss.
2.2 loss is great you should be very proud!

Dee ;)

I've done weight loss before and noticed that I actually lost more when I was eating 1500 and burning 500-400 calories.
So net was around 1000 or so..

At 1200 minus 4-500... my nett calories are LOW.
I have months and months of weight loss to go.. and I don't want to platue eventually.