Not Sure If I Can Get Duromine??

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
Hi :) I'm wanting to try and get a prescription from the Doctor for duromine but I'm not sure if I would be a candidate for it. I have used it before to "kickstart" my weight loss and I lost 10 kg. I then went off of Duromine and lost a further 18kgs. I'm now sitting at 94.7kg and I exercise every day for at least half an hour, eat a healthy clean diet and only drink water (and a good amount of it). But my weight still will not budge and hasn't moved for about 8 months. I'm wanting to just get Duromine again to kick start everything and get this weight off. My BMI is 35. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this weight range/BMI range and managed to get a prescription? I think it will be difficult to get at my local doctors as they have a very natural approach to weight loss, which I've tried their ideas but hasn't worked. Thanks!

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Certain doctors seem to be prejudiced against Duromine. Try taking all your research with and convince them that you know it is not a quick fix but just something to help you get started. Good luck!

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
Thanks Audrey :) I've also completed the survey and BMI statistics info on the duromine's website for their "Make Your Doctor Work For You" campaign - so hopefully that helps :) I've got my appointment on Friday so fingers crossed :)

CarinaKerr

Standard Member
Mar 23, 2015
Adelaide
And I guess I've been on it before but have continued to lose since then aswell so I think that's a good sign

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
Good luck!;) Let me know how it goes.
Thanks Audrey :) I've also completed the survey and BMI statistics info on the duromine's website for their "Make Your Doctor Work For You" campaign - so hopefully that helps :) I've got my appointment on Friday so fingers crossed :)

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
Most doctors will give it to you if your BMI is above 27. I was just above this and have skinny legs and hide most my weight on my belly and upper legs so didn't think I would get it. But my doctor knows how willing I am to eat right and exercise and that I have tried everything, so he gave me 3 months script for it. Which I personally thought was a lot but I'm not complaining. I went to another doctor before this and he said to just drink shakes.. Which I wasn't happy with. I understand it is a weightloss option but it isn't sustainable to drink 3 shakes a day. Doctor shop around and you should get it :) some don't want to help but they don't realise only they have the power to do this for us (legally). Good luck :)

shanky000

Standard Member
Jun 2, 2015
Most doctors will give it to you if your BMI is above 27. I was just above this and have skinny legs and hide most my weight on my belly and upper legs so didn't think I would get it. But my doctor knows how willing I am to eat right and exercise and that I have tried everything, so he gave me 3 months script for it. Which I personally thought was a lot but I'm not complaining. I went to another doctor before this and he said to just drink shakes.. Which I wasn't happy with. I understand it is a weightloss option but it isn't sustainable to drink 3 shakes a day. Doctor shop around and you should get it :) some don't want to help but they don't realise only they have the power to do this for us (legally). Good luck :)
Where are you located? I cannot find a doctor who will prescribe it to me, i sound to have the same BMI and body type as you.

10kgtolose

Premium Member
May 27, 2015
I'm in Picton, NSW. If you have really tried to lose weight and it isn't budging then try a few more doctors. The first one I went too said to go on shakes and I wasn't happy with that because fad diets got me in this mess. So I tried another and luckily enough he helped me

Tan

Standard Member
Jun 8, 2015
I'm sure you would be able to :) I started 2 wks ago at 97.5kgs and dr gave me 30mg one month at a time script and told me I can be on it for 3 months and expect to lose about 10 kgs. I'm aiming for 12kgs in 12 wks. So far have lost 3kgs in 2 wks :) good luck girls X