• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Obviously a spambot so Im going to ignore the above replies...

Anyways...Update.

I have been off Duromine for a week or so because I had my period, and from what I've read, people said it didnt work very well when you had your period. I wasnt doing any exercise either, so it felt like a bit of a waste. I had exams and I didn't want to feel rested and not jumpy.

I'll be back on it starting tomorrow! I have no idea what my current weight is as my parents have misplaced the scales!! They were using it to weigh suitcases, so I don't know where it is. I will check at the gym tomorrow.

A very uneventful post, but I feel like I've lost weight. I feel "lighter" when I walk, if that makes sense. I also fit into my size 14 jeans with a bit of room to spare, which hasn't happened in years!

Going off duromine for a week was a good test to see if I could control what I ate. I think I managed to eat better, because I was used to the suppressed appetite I had on duromine.

Hi Kyra

Congrats, I am so happy when I read possitive stories. It is so much motivational then moaning all day long.
Don't stop with your updates. If I put my progress in writting I inspire me to do better and keep me motivated. Good luck

im glad to see that you guys are loosing..
I lost 4kg the first wk. Day after that i weighed n i had gained 2kg back, a week after that i weighed and have gained 3kilos more.

So t like i was on duromines for 2weeks and gained a kg. On my last week i did tae bo. Cabanga nje

Hi Ladies

Maureen I totally agree with you, it really is motivating to yourself as well as others to out it in writing.

Sthandwa, are you following an eating plan, what side effects did you experience? Dont give up!! Its so worth it to just push forward. No pain NO loss hehe.
When I stood still for those weeks, it was terrible but you just have to have faith that what you are doing is so good for you and not focus too much on what the scale says.

I am making progress and have stopped weekly weigh ins, i have had flu for two weeks so was advised to stop the duromine and exercise till I am better. It was good in that I got to see how i would cope without it and I am glad to see that there is def a change in my attitude towards food, which is what will ultimately contribute to me sustaining this lifestyle when I am done with my course.

Have started to take measurements to see progress will post them here, I take them every 10 days or so.
04/06/2012:
Hips: 121.5 cm
Bum: 121 cm
Waist: 94 cm
Bust: 111 cm
Legs: 71 cm
Neck: 36 cm
Belly: 121 cm

14/06/2012
Bum: 120 cm (1 cm)
Hips:116.5 cm (5 cm)
Belly: 119 cm (2cm)
Neck: 34 cm (2cm)
Legs: 70 cm (1cm)
Bust: Stayed the same
Waist: Stayed the same.
Total: 10 cm lost

24/06/2012
Bum: 119 cm (1cm)
Belly: 115 cm (4cm)
Bust: 106 cm (5cm)
Legs: 66cm (4cm)
Neck: Same
Hips: 115 cm (1.5cm)
Waist: Forgot to measure
Total: 15.50 cm

I am really happy with results so far and i even managed to fit into a pair of pants that I couldnt zip up in 5 years!!!

Lets keep at it ladies, totally worth it.

Hi!

So I am here as I want to keep a little log of my experiences with Duromine.
I have read up a LOT on this drug, and decided I would give it a go after years of trying to drop around 15kgs. I was a little shocked at how fine my doctor was with prescribing me Duromine as I thought it would be a little difficult to get my hands on it as my BMI is only around 27. But he didn't ask any questions and asked me what dose I want!!! (30mg )Not the best doctor obviously but I got what I wanted. My pharmacist was very informative about the drug and suggested I come in each week or fortnight to get my blood pressure tested, so I will do that.

My weight effects everything I do, my social life, my sex life and my job.
I put on 15kgs in about a year 3 years ago when I moved in with my boyfriend. Basically I was comfortable and didn't realize how big I was getting until I got to where I am now. I've tried shakes, WW, Lite'n'Easy, Gym memberships etc but I just cant stick to anything long enough to get results.

I am 22, 172cm tall and currently weigh in at 82.1kgs.
My goal is to drop 15kgs to be at 67kgs. I have started Duromine during the school holidays (I work for the education department) so hopefully I can get any nasty side effects (if they occur) out of the way before I go back to work!

So, here goes!

Day One:
Weight : 82.1kgs

So I took my first Duromine tablet at 6.30am and went back to sleep until around 8.30am. Felt no different and ate an apple at 9.30am as I was starting to get hungry.

My appetite was most certainly suppressed by around 2.30pm but before then I felt slightly hungry off and on.
Probably should have drank more water (had about 800ml today) but no dry mouth or any other noted side effects.

Today I have eaten :2 apples, a small serving of healthy home made nachos and a 2 point WW bar.
Probably could have made more of an effort to snack more often also.

at around 6pm I started getting a very slight headache (not enough to really bother me) that I assume is because of lack of water.

Over all feel quite well and 'normal' on my first day of Duromine, but I do feel quite tired so hopefully I sleep well tonight!

Will post again tomorrow!

Aimee.

Day 2:
Weight: 79.9

So around 8.30 last night I decided to go to bed because my headache was thumping. At 12am it will still very painful so I took panadol and went back to bed thinking it was what was keeping me up. Headache went but I didn't get a single hour of sleep last night! I was tired and relaxed but didn't actually fall to sleep at all (maybe for 30 minutes around 5am). Much to my surprise I am not over tired at all today and feel pretty good! I checked in on the scales this morning to see I had lost a whopping 2.3kgs! Im sure it's mostly water but I am still very happy! Hopefully tonight I will get a better nights sleep and no headaches!

Very pleased so far with Duromine!

Aimee

Day 3:

Weight 78.9
Loss of: 3.2kgs

So pleased with my journey on Duromine so far! No side effects what so ever yesterday. Was tired from not sleeping but other then that I was fine..
Was worried I wouldn't sleep last night so I had a hot shower and drank a hot milky drink before bed, then downloaded a sleep app that had soothing sounds etc. Worked a treat. I woke up through the night a few times but fell right back to sleep.

Very excited that so far I am dropping around a kilo a day. Im sure that will slow down soon though!

Aimee

Day 4
Weight : 78.1
Loss: 3.9

I'm so happy right now! I'm losing almost a kilo a day with zero exercise and I feel great! Sleeping like a baby and no side effects at all!

Hello,

I will be starting my first ever dosage of 30mg Duromine tomorrow and have a 1 month supply. I have a lot of weight to lose and would like to know how much I should be expecting to lose each week? My Current weight is 94kg and I am 155cm tall.

I am doing light exercise (1/2 hour power walking & ab-circle pro) 5 days a week at the moment but as I have a Hypothyroidism I have not had much success so far in shifting this weight. I have finally convinced a Dr to give me Duromine so I can get my eating sorted and have enough energy to really kick strat this journey. If I eat three healthy meals a day and run on my treadmill for 1 hour per day should it come off quite quickly??

I think it changes for everyone Kylie. I lost some weight very quickly buy after about 7 days It dramatically slowed down. I stopped taking duromine for a short period of time (about a week and a half) as I was on another medication that made me feel very ill when taken with duro, but will start again properly on duro today. Since i stopped taking it i put on 2 kilos. My sister also started taking duromine but only lost 2 kilos in her first week so it just depends. Good luck

I agree, it depends on each individual. Your best bet in my opinion is to cut out as much carbs as you can, and if you have to have them, make sure its something like rye bread, fruits and veg.

Hi all, been a while since I checked in so thought I would update.

SW 75.9
CW 62.5
GW 58

So, I am doing pretty well I think. I have been on Duromine for 17 weeks, and have lost 13.4 kgs. I seem to average about a kilo a week, although that has slowed in the last month as I'm getting closer to my goal. Less to lose so it takes longer I suppose. I now only have 4.5 kgs to get past the finish line...yay!!!! I have 7 weeks left til my wedding so am quietly confident I will make it. I have ordered my dress and if anyone knows any cheap but good alteration places in Brisbane can you please let me know? I ordered it 8 weeks ago so I think it may need a fair bit of adjusting...lol. I am still taking the 40mg dosage daily, and the only symptoms I have are the ever present dry mouth and I do have to take a fibre supplement daily...most of you know what that's for. I am feeling really good, and have starting wearing my size 10 jeans!!! Never thought those baby's would be seen on this back end again...lol. I am still seeing my doctor every 30 days and we now have an exit strategy to take me off the tabs. We are going to wait til after the wedding because apparently it can mess with your head, and he doesn't want to risk it so close to the big day. I will be going to see him after the wedding/honeymoon is done, and my dosage will be adjusted to the 30mgs. For the first few weeks, I will alternate each day one 40mg followed by a 30mg the next day. The next few weeks will be a 30mg and then I will alternate the 30mg and a 15mg daily. I will do a final month on the 15mgs and, depending on how I'm feeling, either stop after that or drop it to one tab every two days. Apparently, the slower you come off the less of a shock your body gets, so it's more likely to keep the weight off.

Anyways, hang in there everyone, cos it really does work and it really is worth it! I will update again soon.

Seriously, please message me if you know someone cheap to do the alterations...I wasn't joking :)

Also, as a last comment. You may notice I adjusted my goal weight. From where I am currently at the original goal weight is achievable, but I don't think it would be overly attractive. The revised goal weight takes into account how I am looking and feeling now, and this is a more manageable and realistic weight to maintain going forward.

Hi JLH

Congrats. You made it!!! You are almost there not everyone that started this journey can say that. It really takes lots of endurance at times. It feels so good to be a success. Ups and downs but most importantly to never give up. I only have 3.D to lose to my goal but it is very difficult. I gained almost 1kg for the past week and a half week. First time this happened. Some weeks a did not lose but I did not gain. I increased my work out since yesterday as I am not willing to give up so close even if I need to work twice as hard as the past 3 and a half months. Good luck for your last couple of skilo's. You really did well thus far!!!

Hello
First time user, started at 9am this morning after tossing up whether or not to due to being sick with the flu. Don't really feel any different. Feel a bit tired actually lol... Will see what happens :)

Never slept a wink, heart rate remained the same. Scales said 2 kilos lighter but obviously they r dodgy. No change in hunger, if anything was hungrier yesterday. Slight headache. Starting weight 101kg. Weight this morning supposedly 99.

Day 3 on 30mg. Went to bed at midnight and woke at 4 then dozed on and off till 7 so that was much better :) Took tablet on an empty stomach which I hadn't done prior and don't think I will again as I feel a little shaky. Food must buffer the effects a bit. Slight headache otherwise pretty good.
Did a half hour workout in the shed yesterday on the weights machine. First time in years. Thought I would feel it today but so far so good so thinking that is pretty awethome!
Scales said 99 again today so if correct thats 2kg in 2 days, Yatzee!!

Day 4 on 30mg, feel quite tired today. Think I slept ok. I know I woke up at some ungodly hour and stayed awake for a while but I must have dozed back off.. Just went and done some more exercise in the shed. Hurting already lol.. still have the slight headache but otherwise feel pretty good. Get massive hunger cramps about an hour after breakfast each day.
Scales still say 99 so getting a bit despondent with that. Also feel like I am wasting my time writing on here everyday as noone comments :(
Anyway I will be able to read back and remember.. Have a good one

I also have been feeling tired on Duromine. It does not seem to energise me at all. I actually could not find my repeat script so did not take Duromine for 2 days. I must say I had a splitting head ache the first day and I slept well last night. I am back on them today. Even though I weigh myself compulsively, I am more interested in how my clothes fit. My jeans are getting looser, actually had to wear a belt Friday night. I took my measurements Day 1 and am glad to see that I am loosing cms. Do you have a pair of pants or something that you can gauge your weight loss by? This may give you reassurance that yes, something is happening. I agree about no-one commenting on posts, makes it very lonely lol

Good luck.

Hi ,

I'm on diotroxin and want to go on Duromine,will this be a problem?