• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi
I'm another newbie. I just started 30mg today. I'm still awake but it's probably because I'm a bit nervous.
I am currently 104.5kg. In the last 6 months I have put on 10 kg. It amazing how you don't realize. Blah
I am happy to have an email buddy to contact for support on a regular basis. This forum is great.
It seems everyone is honest so you get all opinions and experiences.
Regards Kerri

Hi Kerri
You really dont realize at all, I'm just at the stage where I have to force myself to take notice. I never realize how big I am until i see a photo :(
First night I also battled to sleep but last night slept like a baby, in fact I was late for work. Still no terrible symptoms. Felt a little nauseas today but found that the more water I had the better I felt. Are you also going to follow a diet plan?

Kyra said:
Hi Kerri
You really dont realize at all, I'm just at the stage where I have to force myself to take notice. I never realize how big I am until i see a photo :(
First night I also battled to sleep but last night slept like a baby, in fact I was late for work. Still no terrible symptoms. Felt a little nauseas today but found that the more water I had the better I felt. Are you also going to follow a diet plan?

I am only on my second day. Last night I couldn't get to sleep....at all he he. But it was mt sons birthday and we were out till late. So I think I was wound up from rushing around after work etc. see how I go tonight. As far as a diet plan I am just sticking to 3 small meals and 2 snacks ( fruit or yoghurt) each day. I am vegetarian and I love cheese. This has been a weakness. I hope the craving are suppressed now. My meals are generally the right thing...mainly veggies and a low fat protein ( meat substitute) the reason I'm fat is because I ALSO have been halving cakes and big bowls of ice cream and packets of biscuits with my hubby. It's really hard to lose weight when your husband really doesn't care either way. I mean Its what every girl wants, to have a non judgmental husband. But it's hard not to eat if he does. So he is now on a healthy eating plan as well.

I am on the central coast nsw Australia. Are you in the same time zone? Sorry, it probably says it somewhere on here. It would be nice to have an online chat with some forum members at some stage. Forums are good but sometimes it helps to have support in a conversation. If that makes sense.

I have looked on that swapper sight. It's a healthy eating site. I can't remember what it's called but it has a great online service and a book your can print to keep track of goals and weight and lifestyle. Really important to be able to keep it up once your off the tablets. What do you think.

Anyway. I'm off to work. I will check in during the day.
Keep moving and smiling. A stressful life will help lose weight.
Oh. BTW glad you got a god night sleep.

Reactions: Sallie alexander
The web site is swapit.gov.au for anyone that is interested. A different approach to the strict yo yo dieting we have all possible experienced...I know I have my whole life ( I am now 41)

Thanks JM :)
I'm on Day 5, and I craved chocolate this morning, I'm actually wanting Chicken & Hot Chips as well. :(
Arrrrggghhh I'm doing so well, I don't wanna screw it up. Maybe I'll just have a Chicken Sandwich, hehe, doesnt sound as inviting as Fried Chicken and Chips {sigh}
I'll see how my day goes, Its nearly been 1 week.

Hey Cori,
I would stress to much about the need for chocolate or greasy food. It will get hard at times but just remember everything in moderation is ok. What i have found, the more we restrict ourselves, the more we want something. So..have that small/little/tiny piece of chocolate to curb that craving.
As for the fried chicken and chips, have the breast part of the fried chicken, remove the skin and only have a small handful of chips but eat more greens. Its better to have it for lunch than dinner as you have time to burn it off before you go to sleep. AND...just have a very low calorie dinner.
Remember, you need to keep eating 3 meals a day, thought its hard as you dont feel very hungry it should be looked at more as a lifestyle change than a miracle drug to make us skinny. Once the drugs are finished, we are going to go back to eating 3 meals a day, and if we've straved ourselves whilst in the tablets/pills, we will end up putting allllll the weight back on and more.
Just eat less and healthier.
Good luck :)

I am in South Africa so the time zone is different. Will def go and have a look at the website it sounds fantastic! Had another good nights sleep, have noticed that my muscles have been cramping?? Anyone else experience this?

I am not following a specific diet as such, just trying to make healthier choices. Want to stick to a lifestyle that I will be able to maintain after i have finished my 3 month course. My weakness is fast food and anything savory. What I am enjoying about the tablets is that the "yummy" factor of the food i eat is not so important anymore. It is now about having to eat as a necessity. It's terrible to actually realize how much emphasis I have placed on food in my life!! Really need to make a mental shift as well.

Going to start exercising next week monday which is something I am actually looking forward to for the first time ever!! Totally agree with you about being able to have a conversation or at least instant chat. Think it would do the lot of us good.

Keep me updated on your progress please :) Bad and good lol

Sounds like you have the right idea food wise. I get what you mean about how important food has been. I was on my way home from work and automatically thought...yay Friday night. Let's get takeaway. I am now having soup and a bread roll instead. I feel so much better about my healthy yummy choose . Instead of the unhealthy activity of eating junk.
My email is kerriday17@ hotmail.com I have msn messenger. If you add me we can chat that way. I need support. I have a husband and 2 grown children. No girl friends really. My husband must be sick of listening me talk about food, pills exercise he he.

I feel really good today. A little tired as I didn't sleep last night and had a big day at work. Looking forward to my soup.

I will also start doing some exercise soon. Maybe go back to the gym for cross trainer and walking. I know it is necessary for weight loss.

Cramps might be due to dehydration? Try to drink more water....although I think everyone on the pills drinks more than they usually would

Look forward to hearing more about everyone's experiences

Kerri

Hi Cori-Lee
I'm new here too on day 1 so interested to follow your progress :) For the chocolate cravings, do they have the Atkins food range in supermarkets there? They have some chocolate treats which are pretty yummy and not as bad as the real thing.

Heya JellyBelly (cool name btw)
Thanks for your post, I'm unsure about Atkins Food Range for Choc Cravings, what I did was I took a tablet called L-Glutimine which stopped me from craving sugar/salt, I assumed it would help me to stop craving for Chocolate etc, and for that time it did. But thanks for that tip, I'm learning to pace myself when it comes to sweet foods, as I don't want to deprive myself, and not be ready for it when I do eventually come off the Duromine.
Good luck on your Duro Journey.

JM: Thanks for the tips, yep I opted for the fried chicken, but I did take off the skin, and only had a handful of hot chips, which made me feel really good, and happy that I still can eat that type of food, but of course just in moderation. :)

Morning :)

I will add you as soon as I have downloaded msn. How was your wkend in terms of food? I cheated a little bit, not going to beat myself up about it.
Had really bad muscle spasms the whole weekend, my water intake has increased a lot, going to try have some soup today to get a bit of salt in my body.
Other than the muscle cramps I still feel good, Going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, terrified that I get on that scale and see no difference.
Hold Thumbs :)

Hey Guys...Havent posted for a few days last time was Day 5, I am now on Day 9.

Okay so on Day 5 I ended up having the Chicken & Chips, taking off the skin and just a handful of Hot Chips, was fine because the Duromine had kicked in and I wasnt very hungry at all.
Dinner was Shepherds Pie with a can of Dr Pepper

Day 6
Big Breakfast (it was the weekend, I treated myself lol)
Steak, Eggs, Chips, Salad, 1 Piece of Toast
That lasted me through out the whole day pretty much until Dinner time.
Dinner was: Lots of Veggies, Mince and Mashed Potatoes
By now I've forgotten that I'm even on Duromine (still taking my pill in the morning) just not really letting it be my whole focus, and carrying about my day, which I find is good, and will help once I stop taking it

Day 7
Weet-Bix for breakfast and a Hot cup of Milo
An Apple for Lunch
and a lovely Roast Chicken meal for dinner
Choc Ice Cream for dessert (smaller serving than I used to have) which I found filled me up quite nicely.

Day 8
Up & Go for Breakfast (For people that don't live in New Zealand, Up & Go is a Liquid Breakfast Drink equivilant to 2 Weet-Bix, and if you don't know what Weet-Bix is ummmm its kinda like a Breakfast Cereal?? Sorry thats the best description)

I did also have my morning Coffee

For Lunch: 2 Spicy Fruit Muffins Toasted
Afternoon Tea: An Apple
Dinner: Chicken Chow Mein and half a glass of Mountain Dew

I still havent weighed myself since Day 4, I am a little scared, however, I do feel my clothes being a bit loose.
I also work about a 10min walk from the Train Station in Wellington CBD so I tend to walk to and from work, I'm on the
5th floor and have been meaning to take the stairs, but I keep forgetting (I guess its just a habit to jump in the lift)
And as of today I'll be getting off the bus a couple stops before my actual stop just to get in some extra walking time.

Today Day 9
Porridge for breakfast and a piece of toast + cup of coffee

it is only 9:18am NZ time so the days pretty much just started.

I don't have as much energy as I did when I started 9 days ago, but I'm still plodding along and focusing on my goal.
Lunch today will probably be the same as yesterday, and of course WATER......

I hope everyone else's journey is going well, I love reading how everyone is doing, ups and downs, inspiring us all and even showing we're only human but we're hanging in there.
Have a great day everybody :)

Kia Ora Koutou (Hi All)

Here I am at Day 11...

Yesterday went okay
Day 10
My mouth was more dry than usual, I found that kinda strange? However, I've been having the same routine

Breakfast
Porridge
x2 Pieces of Toast
Coffee

Lunch
x2 Fruit Muffins
Water

Afternoon Snack

x2 Apples

(couldnt help myself and had a Snickers Bar in the late afternoon)

Dinner
x3 Small Crumbed Skinless Chicken Pieces (home made)
Handful of Hot Chips Baked in the oven
Salad
1/2 Glass Juice

Exercise has been hard, its sooooo cold here in Wellington at the moment, and all I wanna do is have a HOT shower, dress warm and curl up in bed, the most I'm getting in is really 30min per day (if that)

So today is like I said up top Day 11 on Duromine, no headache, bit of a dry mouth.
I'm kind of worried, I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow, and besides my clothes being a tad loose, I'm unsure if I've lost anything since Day 4.
So fingers crossed and I'll keep you all posted.

Hey CL,
reading thru the posts, it seems a little overindulgence here and there, BUT its great to hear that you are doing some excercise and that you are eating much healthier and consistantly thruout the day! I'm keen to see how the weight side of things are going.
Keep up the good work, maybe add a little extra walking in your day.
Good luck :)

Hey there JM...thanks for that, and yes I've decided I'm not going to entirely cut out things like choc or ice cream, cos realistically I'll go back to eating that when I come off Duro, but I've cut down dramatically, by now I probably would have downed a couple packets of choc bikkies in the 11 Days yet I havent had any, and at least 1 choc bar per day (and I wonder how I got to this size hahaha), so I feel I'm doing well and having a whole lifestyle change.
I can slowly see it in my face, which is where I always start seeing the loss first.
Tomorrow is weigh-in day, I'm sort of nervous yet excited. ;)

Thats fantastic CL,
going from eating packets of bikkies and chocolate bars to none...you will see the weight come off easily!
I wish i could see it in my face...i have a round fat face, even when i was 47kg a longggggggggggg time ago, i still had a fat face! hate it!!!
Will check in tomorrow see how u went :)

Wow!! 47kgs!! I don't think I've ever been that size, I'm pretty sure I went from 6pounds 12oz (my weight at birth) and shot straight to 70kgs..ha! Kidding, but I really can't remember a time I was 47kgs........
Anywayz I was nervous this morning getting on the scales, thinking I was going to be disappointed however I'm down another 1.5kgs!!!!! At first I thought hmmmmm ok, but when I think about it in 11 days its been a total loss of 3.5kgs I think thats pretty awesome.
Usually when I've had any kind of loss, I celebrate by uh eating Choc, so obviously thats not gonna happen this time, I'm just going to keep on with what I'm doing.
I think this week its time to up my exercising too......

I hope everyone else is doing good, and I do have the "Oh I can't be bothered" days too, but just think about the end result we want, anything really that will motivate you to NOT OVER-ENDULGE on that extra piece of Choc Cake, 2nd helping of Dinner.
Someone said to me what are the 3 things that you would love to see at the end of this and without even blinking I said:

Healthy...Happy...and of course Sexy!!!!
So pick those 3 words, put them up somewhere, where you can see them every morning!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY PEOPLE!!!

Start Weight: 113kgs
Current Weight: 109.5kgs
Short term Goal: 99kgs
Long term Goal: 70kgs

Hey CL,
How are you going? Read your last post, FANTASTIC!!!!
Havnt had much time to log in for a while, i've been run down to zero! AND i think i have lost that motivation :(
ANYWAY, so you want to be healthy, happy and sexy! i think all three are reachable. Right now, taking Duromine, you are heading for the healthier and therefore happier you by losing weight and being active about it. SEXY, sure thing, once your down to a happy weight, you will feel better about yourself and with confidence comes sexy! I know you can do it.
Keep us updated, good luck.

Good on ya kiwi girl, I'm in the same journey...you north or south? Island, I'm a southern lad lol

And I've been on the forum, reading about other peoples experiences so I thought I'd start sharing my own.

Height: 160cm
Weight in Jan 2012: 87kg. (when I started exercising)
Weight before starting Duromine (26th May): 78kg.
Current weight (28th May): 75.6kg
Goal weight: 60kg (hoping to get there in July-ish)

A bit about me: I made a decision to lose weight in January this year. I joined the gym and started going, maybe twice a week. I changed my diet slightly (I stopped eating junk food, specifically mackers, hungry jacks, kfc etc. And the big change I made was, I stopped drinking soft drinks and just replaced it with water). It wasn't really enough to see a big change, but I started feeling better about myself. I lost maybe, half a kilo a week. I occasionally slid back, and had a bit of coke, or had an ice cream, but generally I was good.

Around early April, my long term partner broke up with me, so I was devastated. I lost my appetite for anything, and I was still going to the gym at that point. Thats how I dropped 11Kg without even trying. (Although losing 11Kg is great, it was not worth the emotional pain, and stress). I went to the doctor who agreed that I needed to lose more weight because my family have a high risk of heart problems, and diabetes.

Now that I started duromine, I've been to the gym everyday. In three days I've lost 2.4kg. But I go hard at the gym for at least an hour. I also do some weights. I havent had many of the side effects, with the exception of some insomnia. I always wake up around 5am, and have a hard time trying to get back to sleep. I do get the dry mouth thing, but I always have water with me, so its not too bad.

As for eating, I make sure I eat breakfast (usually a banana with some other fruit) with my pill. I have a hard time eating lunch, because I dont have an appetite. But I try eat something, even if its carrot sticks, or a sandwich from subway (tuna, no sauces, wheat bread). Dinner, I usually make brown rice, and mix in a flavoured tuna can.

Another big change I've made is stopping drinking alcohol. Its a bit hard coz I go to uni, and thats what people do after class, but I figure, Id rather be healthy and lose weight than get smashed. Also, its probably not a great idea to mix alcohol with duromine.

I have no idea if people will read this, but feel free to ask questions. I'll keep it updated.