• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Well done Struggle ;)

8 tubs of butter gone...

Little bit by little bit is how we lose it. I keep thinking about the fact it took me 20 years to get to the point of 114.3 but it won't take me as long to get back to a decent weight (but does it matter if it did?), however I do need to be patient and watch out for those funny little mind games that you can play with yourself. So glad to hear that the side-effects are wearing off - use the dry mouth as an excuse to drink more, it will really help you.

My last weigh in had me at 86.7 but I have gone back up thanks to a certain person turning 40 and me needing to sample ALL of the food at the party on Saturday night. I did avoid the KFC but the TimTams where calling to me.

I have on script left on this second round of 3 that the Dr gives out but I have not filled it yet. I have decided to take a couple of weeks off the Duromine to see what happens.
Will my weight go up?
Will I lose some of the energy that I seem to have unbound levels of?
Will I slip back in to old habits of not exercising and eating stupid foods (ignore the TimTam comment above please)?

Kate, you have been through the journey, what did you find when you came off the tablets?

Stay happy you bunch of fantastic losers!!!

Well done, Struggle!
jDad, when I finished my first round I still needed to lose a large amount...but I was feeling better with my first loss. I I have to admit that I started to get used to my new regime within three months. I was scared to take a break though, but I knew I should do it So.. told myself: Ok, Katy, you gotta continue as if you were still taking the pills. I stopped Duromine but I was taking vitamins at the same time daily. My body got used to take a pill every morning, so I gave it a pill, just a different one this time. A little cheat ;)

I was trying to keep my diet the same, but yes - it was hard sometimes not to slip back to pizza. But I decided to have few slices of vegetarian maximum once a week. You know to encourage myself and feel calm that I can eat whatever I want and still control my appetite. But you got to be careful with that. As for exercises, it was not hard to continue, since I bought a two year card in gym and hired a personal trainer, so it was his job to 'torture' me)))) When I started to feel like I don't want to go there, he was always calling me and I was ashamed a bit to disappoint him. Plus he kept encouraging me, made a schedule and a special table where he wrote all my scores and achievement. Expensive though :oops:

My children were grown ups that time, so I only had to convince my hubby to support me in healthy diet. The hardest thing was to cook separately. But little by little he joined my club:laughing:
Well, I was still making him his fav apple pie and beef lasagna with red sause, yum...
After three months of break (my doc adviced me to take it that long, since I had to lose twice more weight) I gained a couple of kgs back, which was disappointing, still not so much. Then I realized that I had to stick to my new lifestyle for good. It must be your choice, you should enjoy it, otherwise it will end one day as any treatment ends. I still keep dieting, yet no more personal trainer. But I love exercises because that is what keeps us alive - movement! I have a bicycle and we go cycling with my hubby in the park sometimes. I am now eating only steamed, fresh and boiled foods. Just got used to it. It takes time.

That's my story, but I know yours will be different, because everyone finds his own way.
Good luck and believe in yourself.

jDad4509 said:
Well done Struggle ;)

8 tubs of butter gone...

Little bit by little bit is how we lose it. I keep thinking about the fact it took me 20 years to get to the point of 114.3 but it won't take me as long to get back to a decent weight (but does it matter if it did?), however I do need to be patient and watch out for those funny little mind games that you can play with yourself. So glad to hear that the side-effects are wearing off - use the dry mouth as an excuse to drink more, it will really help you.

My last weigh in had me at 86.7 but I have gone back up thanks to a certain person turning 40 and me needing to sample ALL of the food at the party on Saturday night. I did avoid the KFC but the TimTams where calling to me.

I have on script left on this second round of 3 that the Dr gives out but I have not filled it yet. I have decided to take a couple of weeks off the Duromine to see what happens.
Will my weight go up?
Will I lose some of the energy that I seem to have unbound levels of?
Will I slip back in to old habits of not exercising and eating stupid foods (ignore the TimTam comment above please)?

Kate, you have been through the journey, what did you find when you came off the tablets?

Stay happy you bunch of fantastic losers!!!
Thanks JDad
I guess we are all only human and once in awhile we will slip up, just dust yourself off the next day and continue the healthy eating and exercise. Lets us know which way you go, Duromine or NOT?

Awesome Struggle, 4kg is great and I am sure you can notice the 4kg missing???

JDad, I quit my Duromine for 2 weeks, Going to start again end of this week. Our family just had the worst flu etc this past 2 weeks. So I stopped Duro, to take antibiotics etc. Also no diet this week. Happy to say that Little one is much better, I am too. So soon, I will be back! I have to admit, the only thing I realised when I did not take my Duro, is that I was "thinking" about food a lot more :oops:. My portion size though, did not increase..I almost want to say that the Duromine already started to "train" my stomach!

I will continue my Duromine, but I am not scared that once I stop Duromine I will just fall straight back to where I was. It did changes things about my eating habits. So, start your time off Duromine with confidence!

Hey everyone,

I'm 28, single mum of 2 girls who weighed 111. I started Duromine last Thursday & have lost 3kgs since then.

I have liver problems & my doctors have now told me that it's time to lose the weight or end up on the transplant list or dead. So I asked to be put on Duromine for the first couple of months to get me started..

So here I am on my 2nd attempt of Duromine. Hoping this time I don't give up.

-Bexx

Hi Bexx, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS! A 3kg loss in a week's time is really good, you should feel proud of yourself;) You are on the right track, and some days will be harder than others, some weeks tougher than the previous, just stick to it and do not give up. The weight loss journey is not an easy one, but if you feel like giving up, remind yourself of why you are doing it - for your two precious little angels. Good luck and please keep us posted:);)

Thanks guys :)

No not on a exercise program as yet. I do play netball though, so I train once a week & play once a week. Still need to up that though.

Weighed in today and have lost another 1.6kg, but that is over 10 days. No exercise at all this week, have found myself hungrier (though doesn't take much to fill me up) and not drinking as much water.

I just have to remember that it took 31 years to get to this point and not be so impatient!!! Hahaha

Hi all,

My doctor put me on Duramine 15mg after gaining more than 30kg in a space of 2 years.

My routine is taking them at 6am and going back to bed for an extra hour, but when I wake up I'm hungry and not sure why, and have gone a bit more quite and not really in a talking mood. I try and drink lots of water both cold and warm.

Just want to find out if this could be the right dose for me.

Thank you.

Hi Choclit. Your body will need to get used to the medication, so give it a week and see how you feel then - moodiness is one of the side effect, but it should get better. When I started Duromine first I felt like the "wicked witch" for a few days!
If you are still not happy with the effects after a while you can always go back to your doctor and see what he suggests.
Good luck!;)

Hi Choclit welcome, as Audrey3 has previously mentioned that you must give the pill some time, am on day 14 today I still feel a bit sick(shaky and moody)but I sleep very well and drink lots of water, haven't been on the scale since I started taking the pill guess am a bit nervous of what the results will be. But hey all in all u at the right place you will get motivation in this forum, stay strong and take it one day at a time.

Hi, Choclit and welcome!
The dose is right for you because it is better to start with the smallest one. If you see no great results in a month, then the doctor can increase the dose.
You said you are hungry when waking up...Maybe you eat not enough during the day? Make sure there are plenty of proteins and carbs in the diet. But good carbs;) (fruit, veggies, yogurt)
I'm sure you will get used to the pills in a week or so. And it's good that you are sleeping well.

Keep moving and please keep posting. If you have questions, just ask. :)

Hi im Debbie im 53yrs old 170cms tall and 122kgs.
I now have my script to start duromine which will begin next friday on payday. Just wondering has anyone found a certain chemist line that is cheaper than others for the script. Im on a disabilty pension so each dollar counts.
I look forward to being a member of this group and following peoples success stories and i hope to add mine too.

Hi Debbie
Not sure where you live, that might make a difference.
I am in Victoria and got mine at PharmaSave, 30mg $104.99
Chemist Warehouse:
15mg $90.99, 30mg $103.99, 40 mg $120.99
Terry White
15mg $91.99, 30mg $105.99, 40 mg $121.99
Chemist Direct:
15mg $89.99, 30mg $102.99, 40 mg $119.99
So they are all pretty close.
Hope this helps.

Forgot to say...
Welcome
I am also 170cm (used to be a lot taller, I've shrunk) and was 117 kilos 4 days ago when I started on Duromine. I am finding the D is great so far.

Hi Smick thanks for the price advice im in SA but i will check with the chemists you have named for sure. Just wondering how do i add one of those scale things to my messages i think it is a great idea. An congrats on your progress so far its awesome.

To add a ticker you first need to make one at one of the ticker websites
tickerfactory.com is one.
The one I have is from a website that is not a ticker generator as such.
It is modelmydiet.com I used it to make the pics in my avatar.
You go to the site, register, make yourself an avatar while you are there :cool: go to the ticker page, put in your details, SW, CW, GW and it will generate a ticker. Right click on the generated ticker and open it in a new page or tab, you will have just the ticker on a web page, copy the URL (web address)
Now to put it in your signature:
Hover your mouse on the top right of this page where it says your forum name, a drop down box will appear, click on signature. Write what you want for a signature then click on the little icon that looks like a picture and it will prompt you for a URL, paste the URL you copied before, save and there you have it.
There is probably an easier way, but that is how I did it. To change it I just repeat the above steps.

I suppose the smallest dose is good to start with as everyone takes to duromine differently, but by the sounds of it, you might need to go on a higher dose. Judging from my experience, when I started, I couldnt even force food down and had no appetite. I also went quiet but very active and couldn't stop doing things. Maybe discuss with your doc. As I was on 30mg, maybe it hits different from the 15mg and may need to build up in the body first and may result in the same outcome. Hope all goes well!

Thank you so much for all the advise, will keep you post on the progress.

I am on a Low-Gi diet plan and hope it works.

Love this forum.