• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Hi Mealies,

WW leader? Then you still have it in you to loose whatever crept in over the past 11 year :)

This full time desk job, and 2.5 hours travel every day to get to work and back, is just so bad. No excersize in my daily routine still (other than running after my little one in the evening).

I have not had any other side affects. I sleep like a baby. I actually feel great! I don't seem to be loosing this week and might be stuck with a little water retention. My hunger is gone! I am eating about 1/4 of what I normally would and Little One's sweets are lasting now. Haha...I still sort of glimpse at his stuff every now and then, but the worst is over where the sweet cravings is concerned.

I do have a "heavy" feeling in my head, but its not so bad that it bothers me.

Looking forward to your Tuesday Weigh In....I think I will team up with you if you don't mind and weigh in as well on Tuesday...I do mini weigh ins daily, but don't record them, that's how I know this week is going slow.

JDad, luckily I am the wife in the house...and I never get rid of clothes that get too small..always the hope of one day....I have about 3 wardrobes waiting in different sizes...yikes...also dating back to soem 15 years. Wonder if they will look "odd" fashion wise if I wear them soon?

I hope your suit is not a checkered brown one? Just kidding

Till Later then

Hey Flower,
Yep WW Leader.... I know the talk but have not been able to walk the walk... This is why I stopped being a leader for WW, my weight had climbed 15kg and I started having to lose the weight for work! not for me anymore...
I can use any excuse under the sun but family life was hard back then. We got through it but I just got on the heavier side! Hahaha.
Love the suit joke for jDad! You go tho jDad! You our inspiration! hahaha
Love the support you both are giving me too!

jDad I have a partner who loves me for me! I know he knows I am fat but he never complains he still thinks I'm hot no matter my size and our sex life is just as awesome as it always has been!
This is great but also means that to lose weight it has to be me, all about me, only I can make the change.....

Yes flower Tuesday mornings I weigh, I get up, I go the loo and then I weigh. Be great to have you join me, good motivation too! Cheers.
What time of the day do you guys take your Duromine?
My pharmacist said to take it mid morning, seems stats show it works better then?
Be interested to know.
Great to hear you have no appetite flower, 1/4 what you eat is great, I'm probably around 1/2 what I used to eat.... I've not changed my dinners' just eating a lot less of them. But my other meals and snacks are definitely smaller and healthier.
I walked today! It was only 40 minute flat walk but was awesome and felt good all day after doing it :laughing:
Anyway better go!
Keep me posted,
Cheers,
Mealies

Hi girls? Ladies? Fellow losers? - not sure which (I got berated once at work for using "ladies" in an email...)

Sorry Mealies, I went back over my posts and realised that at one point I got you and Flower mixed around when mentioning having your partner validate you. My sarang-ha-nun has put a lot of weight on over the 20 years of our marriage and 8 pregnancies but I still find her the most gorgeous and attractive woman I know. She rolls her eyes at me when I say it but I am only being honest.

Brown check! No way, its a beige safari suit with flares - I am so 70's now I could break out in a case of disco fever... Geez, some one get me a bucket I think I'm going to be sick. Well at least I didn't make any disco ball jokes. The other issue I am having now is that my underwear doesn't fit anymore. I have to roll the top of my boxers down or they sit up under my armpits - not a good look at all.

I am having a giggle to myself, I don't know why but Tuesdays have always been the days for my weighins right through my weight loss journey, they seem to work better than Mondays for some reason. I also use an app on my iPhone to keep track of my weight loss and it is also a great motivator as well.

I am up at about 0430hrs each morning so I take mine at about 0515hrs, it works well for me.

Even just 20 minutes of walking is enough to get your metabolism working that little bit faster. If you vary it a bit as well each time it stops your body from setting a pattern to get used to and it will raise your metabolic rate in an effort to compensate.

Can I ask whereabouts in this wonderful world you both are? I am in North Lakes, Queensland.

Hi Flower, Mealies and jDad, I have been reading your posts and am getting motivated I think. I went to the doctor on Saturday and asked him for a referral for weightloss surgery he said no way. Try duromine and gave me a script, I have been struggling for over 25 years with my weight I have tried everything and am feeling at my lowest at the moment. I have not filled the script as I had never heard of Duromine. Congrats to all of you for starting.

Hi JDad,...dont worry, ladies...females, losers,,,whatever you prefer is cool!

About partner validation...I perhaps have to give a bit more info. See, he dear husband has always been there...always telling me how much he loves me, and that I am the prettiest most beautiful woman in the world and he would never trade me for anything/one else. We used to ride motorbikes, first on one, and then he bought me my own, and we would go riding together. This now has come to a complete hult. Going to the part with little man, means, I am sitting on the bench, and he does all the running and most of the playing. Going to the mall, means many times, I get tired and say, lets go home, spoiling half the day. The gift I want to give him, is US DOING THINGS again as a couple. I say its for him, but really mostly for me....lol. I just want to give a bit back to him for sticking with me through thick and thicker.

Us woman, we seem to like rolling our eyes at our men. Wish I could see myself through his eyes...just once.

Oh, I am from Cape Town, South Africa. Married 5 years, 38yrs old,and one 2 year old. Thats about all of it :)

Mealies, awesome, you started excersize! I went to the mall yesterday and forced walking. Did some dancing with LO too. I take mine at 7am? Interesting to hear you take your later.

Struggle, Hallo, and welcome. Stick around, try your options. Sometimes a little motivation goes a long way! The fact that you posted, tells me you are walking in the right direction. Join us with Duromine when you are ready :). But, in the mean time, post and read as much as you can. Whatever decision you make, must sit right with you.

So for now, cheerio, Tomorrow is the big weigh in day for Mealies and I. JDad, you also weighing tomorrow?, or you past the weighing in thing..lol

Awesome to hear from you all :laughing:
Hello Struggle :laughing: I too had never heard of Duromine before I started taking it, I've been taking it for 11 days now and it's ok.
I went to the Doctor in despair for blood tests and a general check up and was going to start the "fast diet" heard lots of health benefits about it.
I did it for 3 weeks and felt so dizzy and out of it that I stopped. He did suggest to me that he can prescribe me weight loss tablets if I wanted as an option to help on the journey...
after the fast diet did not work, I then took him up on his offer.

A lot better this week than last. They do say give things a week to settle.
I'm using it to help with over eating or what I call "Obese pain hunger". I can do the whole healthy eating but just could not get back to not feeling starving and having physical pain from not eating heaps or fat food... This really helps.

Like flower said, when you are ready you will take them but we here if you don't, do or whatever :laughing:

Hey jDad - Good for you for loving your lady, I think a lot of men do and flower I get ya... having energy to do stuff together is what I want too (not just in the bedroom) *wink**wink* hehe.

Yep I weigh Tuesday as flower is going to now and jDad already does, coolio, just goes back to WW days, was the day my meeting fell on so it just fits with me.
I'm feeling, good.
Just to let you know I am a Checkout Supervisor so I am on my feet for 8 hours a day running a checkout and self checkout + making coffees and selling Lotto. So I'm moving a lot in a normal day... adding in exercise is what I need to do though as my body has got used to my work activity.

My partner and I have been together for 13 years.
I am 39 years old.
I have a 19 year old son who is at University, my partner has a 15 year old son at college and our daughter together is 10 years old.
My kids are bigger now so not as much running around but more mind work now!! haha

jDad you live in Queensland, my sister lives in Brisbane :laughing:
Flower you live South Africa, so cool, and so far away! Are you South African or did you move there? I work with a couple of South African Woman, lovely ladies :laughing:

I live in Wellington, New Zealand :laughing:

Can't wait to see the scales tomorrow, I've been so good and so not hungry, can't believe how time can go by and I've not eaten! It's so cool :laughing:

Chat soon,
keep it up,
Mealies :laughing:

Reactions: Mumof3
just gotta say sorry for all the smiley faces I do.... :laughing: did not realise how many I do :laughing: hahaha

Reactions: Flower007
Hallo Mealies! I am a South African.

My best friend and her family moved to New Zealand two years ago :( I miss them. But you live in a great country. And you get to weigh in about 8 hours before I do...Think that is about the time difference. I don't know much about where jDad lives :p.

Till tomorrow then. I don't expect much this week. But even just a little will be a step closer to GW.

Cheers for now!

Reactions: Mealies and Mumof3
Love reading the posts between you guys!! Very supportive :) good luck with your weigh ins tomorrow... :) I think Tuesday weigh in is a good idea!!

Hey all,
Hello Mumof3 :laughing: please tell us about yourself?
I gotta get ready for work, I will be late!!!
But had to pop on quick to say I lost 2kg this week!
So happy and it's coming off again!!
So that's 4.1kg in 11 days that I have been taking Duromine.... Pretty cool.
Can't wait to hear your weight losses tonight :laughing:
Cheers,
Mealies :laughing:

Hi Struggle!! :)
I was like everyone else and had not heard of Duromine either until I saw the doctor because of some other health issues.:( My sweetheart and I read all the info. we could get before having the script filled.:confused: We worked through the possible side-effects and came to an agreement that if she saw my behaviour or well-being change she would raise it with me and we both agreed that if it changed dramatically she would let me know and I would come off the tablets.:eek:
I agree with Flower and Mealies - you will start taking it when you feel ready.:rolleyes: Actually that will help even more because it means your are then in the "right" frame of mind to start the journey as well.:laughing:

Flower, I know what you mean about having spent time doing things together and see that drop away.:( We have always gone for walks on a Sunday afternoon with the kids but that changed as more kids came along and sleep was lost with little ones.:oops: Now I am champing at the bit to get back to it.:mad: I have worked with many South Africans and they talk about how beautiful the country is.:laughing: Its not on our bucket list at the moment, but it might sneak in there.;)

Mealies, energy is the key to most things I think.:p Hey, with you being on your feet all day have you got a pedometer or similar device that will measure the number of steps you take each day? I have loaded an app on to my iPhone and it amazes me that I take as many steps as I do each day being stuck in an office.:eek: You might be getting more exercise than you think you are.:laughing: New Zealand is simply a beautiful place ad we are hoping to take the whole family over there on holidays in the next couple of years - we just have to save up the money (family of 10 is expensive).:oops:

Well, I am now sitting in a motel room in Maryborough (about 3 hours north of home) to prepare for a couple of monthly meetings tomorrow.:confused: I get to have one of my favourite dinners tonight - Asian crunchy salad and tuna... yum (and not very fattening at all).;)

My sweetheart and I just celebrated 20 years of marriage, our eldest is 19 and in her second year of Uni as well.;) She is studying to be a primary school teacher - and I think she will make a good one.:laughing: The others range in age from 15 down to 6 months and all offer their unique challenges, but I wouldn't have it any other way (mostly).o_O

Anyway, I had better go and prepare some reports for tomorrow. Have a great day!!

Hey mealies, I'm 33, a mum of 3, 169cm tall... And I have been 80kg FOREVER :( tried everything to loose it, diets, WW, Jen Craig, shakes, fasting... But it always came back to me over eating WAY to much. Anyways Dr has suggested duromine and last week (my first week) I lost 2kg!! Yay!! My biggest weakness is not eating enough in the day cos I'm busy with work and kids then I eat to much at night... But duromine has helped me eat just little bits through the day and not gorge at night, it's actually unbelievable!! :) but this week I feel it has worn off a little by 5pm.... And those tendencies to over eat are creeping in!! I take it at 6.30am... Maybe I should take it later in the morning??

I really REALLY appreciate all the support and suggestions as I really need to use this time I'm on D to train myself out of some really bad life long habits!!
Mealies it's so nice to hear you lost weight.... I keep worrying I will hop on the scales one day and I will put on a kilo and be mad at myself and just give up .... But I want to be strong this time, this time I really want to change my body and my health and my BMI haha :)

So hi!! Nice to meet you all, that's me in a nutshell :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo All, Welcome Mumof3. Wow girls and guy, you sure have busy schedules with children. I dont see myself coping with more than 1. So hats off, you guys have a HARD job. JDad, lovely to hear about your big family. I sometimes get a bit sad, as our extended family is not very "close" so basically its me, dear husband, and little one! But, we still happy :)

Now the results. Started Low Carb on 5 May and Duromine on the 8th. This week, lost 900g o_O Not sure how to feel, but I think, I am proud..That is 900g gone.

I am happy that i do not have may bad side affects...if any...other than eating too little now I think. I will work on that this week.

Mealies, Well DONE. 2Kg!!!! Yay...that is like 4 blocks of butter gone. I always think of it as butter blocks..lol...gives me an idea of how much 2kg is. That is huge.

jDad, hope you get home soon. You sure have a good mix of ages in your house. Oooooo I just so desperately want another one, but not sure if I will cope right now. Its hard work, expensive here as medical etc is all for your own account unless you have private medical insurance. I was also unfortunate in my pregnancy....We waited for LO for 2.5 years, then the excitement...and then....illness, I was ill all 9.5 months...I lived with buckets around me. Landed in hospital a few times. The stress of that almost got me under, but at the end a healthy boy, so all worth it now. Just would not want to walk that road any time soon again.

I feel now after 2 weeks, I am more positive about carrying on with the weight loss. And I am happy.

Mumof3, Well done, you are also on 2kg. For starting weight of 80kg, that is really great. I have heard that the more you have to loose, the more you loose in the beginning. You starting almost at my goal weight;). One think about having kids in the house: Snack temptations. But I found that went away completely. :laughing: I like that you mention using D to TRAIN yourself, as that is exactly what I think is the way to go. All those shakes and things are quick fixes and still soothes your want for food, whereas D helps you to look the other way and makes you realise, you dont really need to put as much down your throat as you normally have. That is for me anyway. So I think the training works wonders. I would say, try taking it a bit later. I take mine at 7am

South Africa is a beautiful place. I wont argue that, but unfortunately we feel we are loosing our country to corruption, violence, and its really not a safe place in my opinion any more. We have a huge amount of racial conflict, and although the world thinks its a success here, they have no clue. When SA reformed in 1994, and Nelson Mandela took over, things were great, and all people felt cared for, but now, if most of us could, we would go live somewhere else. I can only hope that something big changes soon, or this country will be a 2nd Zimbabwe. New Zealand is where we want to be :).

Yikes ...sorry for the long post! Bye gals and guy. Chat soon. Thumbs up for the next week. Suppose jDad wont weigh in, due to being out of town. Travel safe

Another quick question for all above: What do you eat in a day. Do you count carbs or calories? I feel I need a serious look at my eating habits now. Doing low carb, but that is not "normal" eating, I want to eat in a way that I can continue for life.

Hi Everyone

So Yesterday I went to the doctor to speak to him about my test results, long story. He told me he will give me something that will actually work and I will lose weight.

I have struggled with my weight ever since I could remember and I can't even keep track of how many times I have asked doctors to help me to lose weight but all they ever say is eat right and exercise. From experience I always exercised and have been on so many diets, then I would lose some then I would pick up again. Eating - well I could say I would sometimes be an emotional eater but sometimes I do not eat alot.

I am hoping this would help!!! I would then finally lose the weight and feel good again.

I will be doing a combination of following the MET-S diet program, Tony Ferguson Cook books. So happy to find this Forum so we all can share our experiences.

Currently I weigh 110kg, 1.62cm. If I remember correctly my waist cm is 124.
:)

I saw a thread about Enough is Enough. I feel the same.

Reactions: Kate
hey flower, thanks for the tip!! I am
Going to take it later in the morning!! And well done to you on losing 900grsms!! A loss is a loss :)
Just starting on my journey so I have so much hope for the coming 3 months... But I doubt I will lose 2kg again... Ultimate goal is 65kg, but second goal is to learn I don't need to eat like a 7foot wrestler to be satisfied!! Haha , let's win this fight against our fat, we can all find our health and happiness together!!! Xx

Flower007 said:
Another quick question for all above: What do you eat in a day. Do you count carbs or calories? I feel I need a serious look at my eating habits now. Doing low carb, but that is not "normal" eating, I want to eat in a way that I can continue for life.
Hi, Flower!

You are absolutely right saying you need to eat in a way to continue for life. Because once you stop the pills the appetite returns and then what? You don't want to go back to old you, right? ;)
If you don't mind, my little contribution to your discussion:

I was eating all - carbs, proteins and fat, but in a healthy way.

For instance: no fried food mainly. I used to eat steak - this time I was taking the same piece of meat but not frying it - put it into an oven with some veggies on it (small pieces of beef, sweet pepper, tomato slices, a couple of slices of eggplant and a light yogurt sauce above) yumm! By the way my family also enjoied this dish. I found that oven was my best friend for a diet food.

Breakfast: tea or coffee (just one/day), an egg or yogurt. Sometimes two toasts with jam. Some energy in the morning is great:)

For lunch: fresh salad (luttuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, carrots, raddish, sweet corn, olive oil dressing) mixed any of them in any proportion as you wish. I love mozzarella! It makes any salad more nourishing if I feel like veggies don't fill me enough. Or: cucumbers, chinese cabbage and sugar-free yogurt - delicious!

Dinner: chicken soup (chicken broth with pieces of chicken, vermicelli, carrot and lots of parsely). Instead of salt just a teaspoon of grated cheese. Calories are low. Sometimes I had oatmeal in the evening.

Snacks: nuts (cashew yumm!))), an apple, yogurt with fresh fruit, raisins. Small amount of course. And water.
Once you make small portions of it, you will feel great and calories will remain low! Enjoy!

Reactions: Mumof3 and Janine25
Hi, JenRoses!
Welcome to the forum :)
You surely will get here a support and interesting stories, so you'll see you're not the only one struggling with excess weight;)

I wish you to stay strong and patient, since weight loss therapy (therapy indeed) requires much willpower and a strong desire to finally change something in your life for good. If you decide for yourself 'Enough is enough' then you are ready!

Good luck!

Hi Kate

Thank you :-D I am feeling excited.
I was just wondering what does one do after 3 months? Is this the 3 months where you have to do a mind shift, healthy lifestyle, exercises so that you don't pick up everything again?

Hello everyone. I am also quite new to the Duromine thing, I started 3 weeks ago on the 30mg. My current weight is 95kg and I am 1.65, goal weight 75............. it seems like a looooong way to go:oops:. The weight I gained was during the past 5 years, at first just a kilo or so, and eventually it just snowballed, and the next thing I know is I am at least 20kg overweight:mad:. No-one to blame but myself. I am not even exactly sure how it happened - maybe with the kids growing up and not being so active anymore, little or no exercise.

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is I want to feel SEXY again!!!(blush, blush) I do have a wonderful husband who says I still look good and are not that much overweight, but I am sure it is just to make me feel better - have to at least be honest with myself. I do not feel comfortable and happy with myself, and all the retail therapy in the world does not seem to help either.:p

I have never before been on a diet before, and it is so confusing looking for diets on the net, there are literally 1000's. I see a lot of you mention low carb. Would anybody be willing to give me an idea of what a typical day's food intake looks like, or what you eat every day?

Usually I have a cooked egg with a slice of toast for breakfast (but skip altogether a lot of the time); lunch a sandwich mostly and then dinner - here I have to feed a whole army, and they are not too keen on healthy food, so it is usually pasta's, burgers, steak, grilled chicken etc.

Thank you to all of you guys and the posts, it really helps to know I am not struggling alone:):)