• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
Welcome Rita, it seems like you are doing everything right. Could you give me some more information on the vitamin C? I love oranges, and haven't heard of this before. Good luck;)

Audrey3 said:
Welcome Rita, it seems like you are doing everything right. Could you give me some more information on the vitamin C? I love oranges, and haven't heard of this before. Good luck;)

Ascorbic Acid: May decrease the serum concentration of Amphetamines. Risk C: Monitor therapy
Google vitamin c and amphetamine

Another w eek passed and lost another kg on 20 mg . Today i am thinking of stopping as i don't like this letargic feeling, i feel like Duromine is throwing out all the nutrients out of me esp iron . My legs ache and bad concentration. Spent today Anzac day in and out of bed, no energy what so ever.
Don't like the feeling of being sick especially self inflicted.
I have lost 2.5 kg since i started two weeks ago.
I believe that after all of the extra fluid is gone , the rest comes out of your muscel and bones.
Not worth the thought of maybe causing osteo irthritis.
My diet is not much different than before , so the loss is not from lack of food. My fingers look dehydrated and my rings are easy to get on and off , so duromine works like a diuretic. As soon as i stop it i will surely put the 2.5 kg back on again within the week as it's all fluid and it will
come back ,i know me. I have a water retention problem.
I will come back next week though .

Hi everyone!

I started taking duromine today. My current weight: 81kg. My goal weight: 60kg.

I would love for you to share your stories with me!

Reactions: Rjburke1
Hi, Melissa!
Nice to meet you, I'm Kate. I have lost my bunch of kilos long ago, also with the help of Duromine.
I spend nearly two years to get rid of those nasty shapes of me))) Diet, exercises, lots of tears and laughs...ah well, now I am keeping the same regime and I can tell you: nothing is impossible, all we need is a strong will power and people, who support us.
I wish you to lose as much weight as you want, but remember: you have to change your old habits, otherwise it's pointless.
Good luck!

Fell free to ask for advice;)

Reactions: Melissa_87
Hi Melissa,
My name is Narelle and I am a newbie too! Started today. Current weight 82kg and goal weight 65kg. Good luck on your journey. I'm sure you wil do very well. Will be interesting to see how we both go. Similar starting and finishing weights. I recently gave up smoking and have put on at least 5kg but can't shift it. I also needed to lose some extra weight so here I am. Good luck. xx

Hi Melissa

I started on 30mg last Thursday and i have lost 5kg so far. My first weekly weigh-in on Thursday but I am naughty and keep checking each day :rolleyes: It's a struggle to eat but I make sure I do. Also a lot of people have side effects but I haven't had any. To be honest I don't feel any different at all (but my other half reckons I am talking to much and too fast now lol).

I wish you all the best and will be great to hear how you go with your journey :)

Hi,

I am 38, managed to get myself to weigh 118kg :( I don't have a thyroid problem or any other real reason for adding this weight....the honest reason: I LOVE EATING and will use any excuse to eat - and my food of choice...chocolates, ice-cream....all the really yummy stuff.

So one week ago, I decided to turn over a page, and I want to commit to seeing this through and become a sexy wife again.

Started to eat low carb on Monday 5 May....and started Duromine 30 on Thursday the 8th.

This morning, a happy 114.1kg.

Hoping to get to 75kg.

I miss being active...but worst of all, I want to play and go crazy with my 2 year old for more than 2 minutes before falling over of exhaustion due to all my extra baggage.

Reactions: Kate
Welcome Flower!
Prepare to struggle with your cravings for sweets and 'all the really yummy stuff' ;););)
It's a long-term process, so don't expect magic results at the first month using the pills.
Good luck!

Kate, you are so spot on. I am struggling with the cravings about every second of the day, but I realize I have to use the pills to curb my appetite and use willpower for my sweet tooth :). I tried getting willpower pills, but to no luck!! ;) - so I will just use my own

Reactions: Crazyme
Hi Flower and welcome aboard the Duromine train!

Keep looking at that beautiful 2 year old and keep in mind that for every kilo you shed it gives you more time with that gorgeous face.

I never saw myself actually exercising because I enjoyed it, but after being on Duromine since the start of the year and shedding 24.3kgs as of Saturday, tonight when I went for a walk while the kids where busy I actually felt my legs wanting to RUN - so I did. It wasn't far, only 700 steps in total but it felt so good and the recovery time was so much less than it used it be.

Stick with it and always remember that one day you will wake up and realise you want to do something that for so long, you never thought you would do again.

jDad

Reactions: Flower007
Wow..24.3kg's? Now that is determination! Well done...Am I reading right, you reached your goal weight??:laughing:

Hi Flower,

It was determination coupled with the need to for health reasons. My sweetheart is very happy as I don't snore anymore .

I actually set myself targets as I went through controlling my weight. I started out at 114.3 and set the firit target at getting under 110, then to 105, then 100 and so on down the line. My ultimate goal is to reach the low to mid 80's. The BMI says I should be between 63 and 79 for my height and gender but I think that is too low and I would look like a walking skeleton, I have workmates and friends telling me to stop now as I am starting to look gaunt.

Setting those inbetween goals really helped and gave me a real sense of achievement as well.

The other things that I did that really helped was I took a picture of myself with no shirt on when I started and one at the end of each box of Duromine. I then noted my weight and BMI for each photo. I have put them all side by side to compare and to also let me see that I was actually changing shape, something I had not been able to see before. Then I did the thing that scared me the most, I posted those here on the forum. I have to admit that having others here give you support when you do something like that is fantastic. Kate is especially supportive and encouraging, I just don't know when she finds all the time to do it.

Anyway, I have rabbited on long enough, have a great day!

jDad.

Reactions: Mumof3
Hi Flower, jDad,
I'm new! and very freaked!! haha. Great to hear your stories and successes! :laughing:
I am a 39 year old Mum of 3 who works full time in a supermarket... Yep! around bloody food all day!!! haha.
I have 47.7kg to lose to reach my goal but I am in for the journey.

Unsure about you guys but my start weight last week was 107.7kg, I am now 105.6kg I am on day 5 of taking Duromine.
I have to admit it really does help with hunger pain...
I also cannot finish my meals and am eating a lot less.
As for my exercise at the moment I have not got the extra energy after work, but am planning to increase this as I lose the weight..

What if any side effects have you guys had... Sometimes I feel like my head is spinning and a bit of knee pain.
Be great to keep in contact with you guys :laughing:
Cheers,
Mealies.

Hi Mealies,
Well done on your loss..2.1kg in the 5 days. We are very similar in our journey :) I have 44.5kg to go to reach goal. I am on day 7 with a 3.9kg loss :)

Side affects: Other than feeling great, the only bad one I had was over the weekend, I had stomach spasms....eeck...but then realized I have not been drinking water, so I guess water is important. About exercise, I don't yet. I realize its important but I just don't have the energy yet.

I have however managed to stick to my low carb eating for the full 7 days and the cravings are slowly going away. Exercise for now is on my to do list.

Go on: BE A LOOSER! :) (that is the weight of course):laughing:

JDAD, you did amazing and you inspire me. I know that my husband will be so proud of me if I get this done. He lost 20kg all on his own...but I could never get it right :mad:. This is a personal challenge for me, but also a gift in the making for him.

Reactions: Amanda2807
I think the two of you are absolutely amazing people.

So many of us sit and think that there is no point in trying to do anything about our weight issues. I saw an article the other day trying to justify the increase in size of folk over the last two decades but it made no sense to me. Some of us use food as a way of dealing with deep seated pain or emotional issues (that's what it was for me) and others of us just find it far to irresistible... Damn you Lindt Chocolate!!!

When I first started taking Duromine I had a bit of anxiety but that went in a couple of days, now all I have is a dry mouth so I drink copious amounts of water everyday to compensate for it. It's a bit of a win for me that way as the water helps to flush my body and stops me from feeling empty.

Thanks for the laugh Flowers, I am very happy to be a looser.

I am writing this before I head off to work and am sitting in a suit I have not worn in 14 years. Thank goodness I inherited my Mums hoarding gene and kept some of my old "skinny clothes".

So looking forward to being here to support, talk, congratulate, cajole, commiserate and motivate with you guys.

Mealies, there is nothing better than getting on those scales and seeing the numbers go down, but having your sweetheart look at you and comment on how good you are looking comes a close second!

Have a fantastic day!!!!

Reactions: Mumof3 and Kate
Hey guys and thanks heaps for getting back to me!
So cool to have you guys with me,
It's day 7 for me today.. I weigh on Tuesday's only.

Need to let you guys know that I used to be a Weight Watchers Leader.... yes, for 6 whole years! I was a member joined when I was 24 years old weighed 97.6kg and 17 months later I lost 37.6kg I got down to my goal of 60kg.... Became a Leader and loved it! Loved seeing my members get to their goals and loved passing on the message of being healthy :laughing:

But over the past 11 years I have put all the weight + back on :( My own bad habits crept back in and my own excuses.....

This time around I have tried going back to doing Weight Watchers and I kind of am counting my points during the day now but using Duromine too.... I need to get rid of this "obese pain" that's what I call the intense cravings for fat food or over eating... they are painful!

I've not had them for a week with taking Duromine!!! YIPPIE! hahaha

I'm with you Flower and exercise is my next thing! I work 40 hours a week and start at 7am and I'm not!!! getting up at 5am to walk in the morning! Afternoons/ 3 kids/ homework/ housework/ dinner! Yep it's going to be a big one but I want to try at least 30mins of something 5 days a week! to start!!

I have all the tools in my head but now I no longer have the painful hunger "obese pain" I'm not focusing on when my next fix will be and how life does not need to revolve around food!!! I'm focusing on health.

I do however have the dizzy/stoned feeling in my head? Have you guys ever had this? Normally during the day but other than that it's going ok :laughing:

Look forward to hearing from you guys again :laughing:
Cheers,
Mealies

PS. How do you guys get your starting weight, current weight and goal weight to show up on the end of your posts? Is that what the status is? In the profile section? Be cool to know :laughing:

Mealies said:
PS. How do you guys get your starting weight, current weight and goal weight to show up on the end of your posts? Is that what the status is? In the profile section? Be cool to know :laughing:
You're probably talking about the Signature. It is simple. Just move the cursor to your profile name in the right upper corner of the page. You'll see 'personal details' and then 'signature'. Click on it and write there whatever you want.
Always welcome, dear! ;)

Reactions: Mealies
Kate said:
You're probably talking about the Signature. It is simple. Just move the cursor to your profile name in the right upper corner of the page. You'll see 'personal details' and then 'signature'. Click on it and write there whatever you want.
Always welcome, dear! ;)
Thanks heaps Kate :laughing:
Cheers,
Mealies