Newbie Onboard

MsSV6

Standard Member
Apr 10, 2015
Hi All

Im 48, 165cm and weighing in at 85.5kg. May not sound like much but I worked hard back in 2009/10/11 to loose 25kg going from 95kg down to 70kg which I maintained for quite some time. I had a hysterectomy back in Feb 2013 and since then have gradually put back on 15kg :(

Although just before my op, my marriage decintergrated, so have been seperated now for just over 2yrs. Don't get me wrong this probably has something to do with the weight gain but I think because of the op its played havoc with my hormones :(. The marriage breakdown was the best thing to happen lol only down side is the weight gain :(. After loosing all the weight I cleaned out the wardrobe and replaced so much of my clothes and now I have the issue of having to buy bigger sizes. The big push to go to the doctor to get Duromine was that I had to buy a new pair of jeans and I nearly cried when I had to get a size 14. Might sound over dramatic but I had gotten down to a comfortable size 10/12 depending on the brand of clothing. So to have to get a size 14 it crushed me.

My doctor perscribed Duromine 15mg, now on day 2. The only thing i've noticed is that im not craving food and eating for the sake of eating. I had a good nites sleep on the first nite, haven't noticed any other issues thus far. I will weight myself end of next week to see if there has been any weightloss, i've got everything crossed in the hope i have. I'm off on holidays in just over 2 weeks so im hoping to look a little bit better and more self confident in the bathers than what I am at the moment.

Keep you all posted! :)

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hello, newbie! Welcome on board;)

Sounds like you feel great and I wish you success! A little bit of exercises will help to drop the weight faster.
Good luck!

MsSV6

Standard Member
Apr 10, 2015
Thanx Kate, luckily I have 3 poochies that need walking. I found walking really helped loose the weight last time :) I was a bit naughty last nite as it was footy nite and I had a coke zero :( only cause I was cheering and screaming so much lol that water wasn't helping...
So far I've had 2 goods nites sleep, I suppose the only thing I have noticed is the dry mouth and definitely not wanting to eat all day or for the sake of eating!. But trying to drinks lots of water, down side is I tend to pee 10 times more hahaha
I couldn't help but weight myself this morning, scales on Wednesday said 85.5kg - scales this morning said 83.2kg :) :) but Im guessing that would mostly be fluid that I've lost. But a loss is a loss....so bring on next Wednesday for another weigh in :) :)
I have everything crossed that come the 24th when I'm due to fly out on holdiay that I've lost at least 5kg or more..

MsSV6

Standard Member
Apr 10, 2015
woo hoo... 4.2kgs gone since last Thursday 9th April :) just a tad happy with that, if i keep going this way i might be close to loosing about 8kg before i go on holiday to Bali on Friday 24th April :):):):cool:

shaypup

Standard Member
Apr 18, 2015
Hi MsSv6. Wow you must be really happy with your weightloss so far! I can only hope that my scales reflect the same sort of loss! I just started today so am new to this. I dont have a great deal to loose either but im only 158cm so every kilo shows. I weigh 68kg atm. Would love to get to 62 to stRt. Look forward to following your journey.