• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
I have now been on duromine for 5 days 30mg. I have had only the second day of bad headaches and since then im fine. I do occasionally feel like a rushing through my body have others had that?
My scales broke grrr i paid a fortune for them only 16mths ago so until i get new ones i dont know if i have lost any weight yet. When i went to docs for script i was 122kgs so i have a lot to loose.
I did go to a store and bought some scales for $12 and got them home and they give false readings lol each time u step on they it changes by like 15kilos lol.
So for now its keeping on track or trying to and hoping its working )

Ok so month #1 completed... 6.3kg down. I know many of you manage this in the first week, but I'm happy! Reached my first goal (5kg). Onwards and upwards (or downwards, as the case may be!!)

Reactions: Joanne87
Congrats, if I can lose what you have in the first month I'll be happy :)

Reactions: Amanda2807
Hey all....
It's been so long I know! We have hit a brick wall, my partner has been made redundant and this has caused us to stop spending on "luxury items" until we know about the situation and if he gets another job..... So Duromine is a "luxury item" in our home being quite a few dollars a month...
I have lost weight tho, not as fast but still heading in right direction.
good on your lot! wow you guys are doing so well!!!
Great to read about your losses and lifes.
I will keep checking in as I love you guys!
And here is hoping we get a bit more money in and I can start back up.
Still focusing on losing weight tho and I'll get there :laughing:
Cheers all,
Mealies :laughing:

Loss is a loss - this is like the quote of all days here!)))
Everybody loses differently, so be happy of what you got, because it shows you achieved your first result and all your struggle was worth it!
Congratulations!

Reactions: Amanda2807
Mealies said:
Hey all....
It's been so long I know! We have hit a brick wall, my partner has been made redundant and this has caused us to stop spending on "luxury items" until we know about the situation and if he gets another job..... So Duromine is a "luxury item" in our home being quite a few dollars a month...
I have lost weight tho, not as fast but still heading in right direction.
good on your lot! wow you guys are doing so well!!!
Great to read about your losses and lifes.
I will keep checking in as I love you guys!
And here is hoping we get a bit more money in and I can start back up.
Still focusing on losing weight tho and I'll get there :laughing:
Cheers all,
Mealies :laughing:
We are always glad to see you here with us, Mealies!
Btw, what stops you from keepig the same diet plan without the pills? Try to go on, maybe you'll find it not so hard until you get back on pills again. I hope so!

Any loss is great, weather it is cm or kg's. I believe it is a lot healthier to lose the weight slowly. For the past 6 months my total loss is 15kg - some months 4kg, others 2, but in the end it all adds up. Don't be discouraged if your weekly loss seems disappointing, just keep at it and do not give up! In the end it is really worth it:)

Hi JDad, Flower and all. Sorry haven't been online for a while. I've been reading all the posts and see everyone is doing wonderfully. I'm on my second month and have lost a total of 4.5kg which I can really feel. Though in my second month am struggling, as the food in take is good not eating bad!! Really not that hungry. But the weight loss is nil, I would say that is more to do with the lack of exercise, I just have no energy by the time I get home.

Hello all!!!
So I missed a couple of pills here and there so my month was stretched.

I got to weigh my self as well. The only problem it was on a different GP set of scales....

But I am please to say I lost 8kg!! I weighted in at 90kg. So can't wait to get under 89.
And this gp asked straight out if I needed another script, the other one I had to ask, answer 50 thousand questions, and hear a lecture.

The first half of the month I did well the second half not so much. Although it wasn't as bad as I have been in the past. Normally I would have had mcdonalds 2+ times a week. (double quarter pounder, large fries and a cheeseburger). I had one cheeseburger the whole month and it tasted soooo good!!!

Flower007 said:
Another quick question for all above: What do you eat in a day. Do you count carbs or calories? I feel I need a serious look at my eating habits now. Doing low carb, but that is not "normal" eating, I want to eat in a way that I can continue for life.
I am a type 2 diabetic, and drastically need to reduce my insulin level, and lose the excess weight. Right now I am counting carbs, trying to eat no more than 50g carbs a day. Here is a basic list of what I eat without being too concerned:
* Eggs, full cream dairy products (in moderation), cheese
* Meat
* Fish
* Top veggies: broccoli, cabbage, squash, aubergine, carrots (moderation), avo, tomato, onion (moderation), cucumber, lettuce
* Fruit (in moderation) - apples and berries are lowest in carbs.
I avoid serials/grains, processed foods, carbonated drinks, anything with added sugar.
No bread, no serials. Basically, if it comes in a bottle, packet, box or tin, and it has a nutritional info label on it, you need to read it. I buy fresh and un-processed. Much less reading to do.
I only have sweetener if I really have to (2 cups of coffee per week, else I rather opt for unsweetened black tea).
Once I reach my goal weight I will stop counting carbs, but still opt for low carb foods.

Reactions: Kate
Wow! That's a really great plan!
I would suggest everyone to eat like that. Thank you, Chelsea.
Instead of cereals, maybe use beans - high in proteins and fiber for muscles and low in carbs.

Great going Lilah, that is great results!

Reactions: Lilah
Hey guys and girls :)
I am 19, I'm in my second year out of school and I don't really have a stable schedule.
Since 2012 I have gained about 20kg according to doctors records which has completely devastated me every time there is a significant backwards change.
Today I was introduced to the word 'duromine' followed by the words 'legal speed'. I couldn't believe my doctor just suggested I take speed.... Like am i going to feel like im on drugs?
She basically said I need to be able to exercise and sweat for at least 20 minutes a day and no junk food or alcohol...
I'm just really not sure if this is something I want to do or what sort of questions to ask? I'm so glad this forum is here!
Should I tell people? like my parents and friends? It's not that I want to keep it a secret, I just usually work better on my own.
Also I'm pretty worried about getting loose skin? Im fairly strong so doing some toning exercises is no problem.... I have a lot of stretch marks from sudden gains :( but I don't think I could deal with loose skin... Has anyone experienced this?
Height: 171
SW/CW: 110
GW (Long term): 65

Reactions: Smick
There is no speed in duromine. Phentermine is related to the amphetamine class of drugs, but its not an amphetamine. Trust me, you'd know it if you were on speed, and you would lose more than just weight. So your doctor sounds like abit of a quack, imho.
You are still youngish, so if you exercise while you lose weight, you might not have too much loose skin. Of course, some damage done, like stretch marks, cant be fixed and may become more visible, so use a good moisturiser all the time and it will help.

Its up to you if you want to tell others. Keep in mind that not everyone understands what duromine really is and have alot of misconceptions about it, so you may want to save yourself some grief and just keep it to yourself for a while, up to you.

Best of luck.

Hi my name is Traci and I am a 51 year old female from Queensland Australia.
Have been struggling with my weight for most of my life.
I also have high blood pressure which is managed with medication, and told I couldn't take duromine while on blood pressure tablets.
I went to the doctors to renew my script for BP tabs and there was a new young Doctor who was training at the surgery for six weeks...I thought I would play dumb and ask her for some duromine which she didn't hesitate to write a script 15mg, and said to monitor my BP.
I have been taking the duromine for 6 days now and lost 2.5kg...my heart rate now is elevated and my blood pressure is at times on the very low side...thirsty, light headed and mild headaches...I will persevere...
Today is the first day where I have been hungry..and have really had to put my mind in check...
Will be making a doctors appointment next week for a check up just to make sure the old heart is going to be ok on these tabs...
Starting weight 106.5
Today: 104.kg
Height 1.71m

Last edited:
Hi LiisaJ
Lovecat is right. Have a read through the forum and the blogs.
I can only speak of my own experience. The first week I felt a little different. Not a major buzz. Just a little spacy. It is also difficult for many to sleep but I never felt tired. I was quite alert and energized.
All you can do is get as much info as possible and make a decision you think is right for you.
I have found that some people are supportive and others quite judgemental if I tell them I am on Duromine. I now choose carefully who I tell. I tell them I am losing weight with the supervision of my doctor. My family and closest friends all know. You need the support of those closest to you.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Sharon

Reactions: Kyles
Hi,

First of all so glad to have found such an amazing support group and forum. It will really help with this journey!

A little about me..

I am 29, Australian girl and work in a fast moving corporate job.. I was never the 'skinny' girl but up until my mid 20's sat around 80kg.. now almost 30 I can see I have ignored my health and need to do something about this! I travel a lot for work.. this comes along with eating out a lot, social drinks, buffet breakfast...

I guess for me, I have had a wake up call due to a health issue in my family and a lot of it relates to the person being over weight. I also don't want to turn 30 and think why have I let it get this far..

Long story short.. i downloaded myfitness pal, and thru that and a 1200 calorie diet i have lost a little weight. The next step- here I am - day 1 on duromine... I know I can and will do this, I am motivated and looking forward to reaching my goal! :)

Start of weightloss journey: 106kg - 1st June, 2014

Today's weight - 99.6kg (31st July)

Goal: 70kg.
:)

I know where you are coming from. I am also doing this to be healthy and look good. All the best. Please share your progress.

Hi i just started 15mg 4 days ago, so far nothing seems to be happening still as hungry as i normally am trying to stick to healthy things, but no loss of appetite at all, also no extra energy, im 164cm 85kg so bmi is classed as obese, i asked the doc to start me off on the higher dose but she said no :( i take tablet first thing in morning about a hour before i have breakfast, am i doing summit wrong?

Hi Biddy, I'm having the same thing happen- up to day 5 of 30mg this morning- so far I have noticed no effect whatsoever- am still hungry, no sudden energy buzz(I'm waiting for it so I can clean my house lol) . I'm 165cm and 115kilos. I'm eating as though I am dieting but it's really hard because I'm still feeling hungry all the time.

Reactions: NewbieAnna