Lilah said:
Part of the reason I want to wait is because if I see good results I will self sabotage. It's like oh I have been dieting all day I can reward my self with chocolate or I have lost xx weight I can blow out over the weekend to make up for it.
Hi Lilah yes I understand where your coming from, your a better person than me if you can handle waiting for 30 days to see the results. Here's to your first 30 days :)

Flower well done for your 1st month weight loss. Can't wait to see my results after a month I hope they are as good as yours. :rolleyes: I was lucky my doc gave me two months of prescription and then said have a months break will see how that goes.

Reactions: Flower007
Hi all
As the title suggests, I'm new to duromine and the forum.

Today is day 4... Started Sunday 1st June on 30mg.

Side effects do far I consider to be pretty mild... Insomnia (though I'm not convinced that I'm not sleeping, as usually I would get up if I really couldn't sleep but haven't felt the need to do that!) but just have the feeling that I'm not really sleeping much. Does that make sense? Anyway, the only other side effect is the dry mouth but I don't consider this a bad thing! I'm drinking between 3 and 4 liters per day.

Day 1 I did feel really spaced out and talked lots... And fast! But no signs of this since.

My first weigh in is Monday morning. Starting weight a whopping 106.7 kg so aiming for an overall loss of 25-30kg (176cm tall).

I'm really hoping I can use duromine to help adopt healthier habits. I'm not even remotely craving junk food, sugar, soft drink, chocolate etc and have found that I actually want to make healthier choices ... Lets just hope I can keep the portion size up in the long run!

Last edited:
Welcome Amanda:)

It sounds as if it is going very well for you, keep it up and let us know how you are doing and what results you see!

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's almost the end of day three for me. Tbh it is hard not knowing if I am loosing. I don't think I wil last the 30 days of no weighing my self. The only problem my scales are defiantly different to my gps. I won't get a true indication.

Pretty proud of my self three out of three days I have gone to the gym :)
Tonight's work out was only 45 mins but I didn't even want to go my husband made me

Hi Lilah,

Dont worry about your GP scale. When you are ready, start weighing on your scale, and keep track from only your scale. Once you get to your gp, will would have lost the same amount, just that his/her scale would have different weight, but the loss will still show. Good luck with the 30 days, if you can do that, it MUST be some sort of record in the world of weight loss...hehe

Well done on the gym! You have reason to be proud. :)

Hi everyone, I just need to have a small rant about something. I posted similar in my blog but wanted to share with you all this experience. This post contains some words may find offensive, but they are not words I would use; they are words that were used against my son.

On Wednesday night my son Ryan and I visited the Costco that has opened up near us. We spent a good hour wandering around to see what was what and picked up a few things on the way. All in all a good night of window shopping and little bit of buying.

On the way out of the store you must show your docket and the door staff check you trolley contents. Ryan and I have stopped to let this happening, Ryan stood just to the left of me as we chatted to the door attendant and she checked our shopping out. I noticed out of the corner of my eye a guy bearing down on the doorway with his extra large Costco trolley. I had this feeling he just was not going to stop and he didn't. I pulled Ryan out of the road and as the guy went passed Ryan apologised to him for getting in the road. This bloke sailed on passed, gave Ryan a filthy look and muttered a delightfully racist comment to my son.

Ryan is my Korean born son, and we adopted him when he was only 6 months old. Ryan is Australia, he has been raised here, he speaks "strayian" and is as ocker as they come. He is not a "chink", "gook" or a "slanty eyed little prick", he is my son and I love him and will defend him with all my heart, soul, might, mind and strength against those that would harm him.

I would say to the delightful piece of work on Wednesday night:

"Yes, my son looks different to you. His beautiful skin is darker than yours, but it is the same tone as my Mums, his Grandma Shirley. Yes his eyes may be a different shape to yours but they are as deep brown as my wife's, his beautiful mother. Yes, he looks nothing like his father but he is an avid Collingwood fan just like his Dad. He is a footballer, a golfer, an accomplished musician on 3 instruments. He is in ALL the honours classes they offer at his school and he is excelling in his studies. And, sir, the young man whom you chose to label an "ignorant, slanty eyed little prick" apologised to you without any word of encouragement or cajoling from his Dad because he knows what manners are and how to treat others. I did notice that when you realised that the guy standing next to him was somewhat taller than you, NOT ASIAN and the young boy called him "Dad" you dropped your eyes and walked a scurried away a lot faster. I'd call you a cockroach and coward but that would be insulting to cowards and cockroaches the world over. You may be at least 3 times older than my son, you may be large in stature, confrontational in demeanour BUT my son, at 13 years old, is 5 times the man you will ever become. You foul mouthed, back bred, red neck ass."

Why is such overt racism and intolerance still so prevalent in the country that I live? Who in their right frame of mind thinks it is okay to say such a thing to a boy who had only just turned 13?

My uncle,a decorated WWII veteran who fought the Japanese and was seriously wounded, loved Ryan and played with him often, when all the rest of the family expected him to want nothing to do with an Asian child. TG loved Ryan from the moment we brought him home and Ryan loved him as well.

I love my son, he is part of me in a way that is so much more than physical.

To the racists and bigots of the world I say - grow up and look at the road ahead and realise your way of thinking is that if a bygone age and it will NOT survive for very much longer in this day and age.

Last edited:
Wow JDad what a horrible thing to happen to your son. And I agree with all you said why would some think that is ok to say to any one regardless of their age. You sound like one proud father :) I hope Ryan is ok and isn't dwelling on the comments of that... Well I can't even call him a man...

I

Thanks Lilah,

Ryan is very resilient and we have had these sorts of things before. The one that got me the mos was his Italian teacher at school. While what she said was somewhat racist I know she did not mean it in that regard. The kids had to do an assignment of writing one of their favourite Australian recipe in Italian. As the teacher looked around the room she said to Ryan, "Actually, Ryan you can pick your favourite from home and I would imagine it would have rice or noodles in it". Ryan looked at her and said "Nah miss, its my Mum's spag bol" (spaghettie bolegnese).

Reactions: Struggle
Ok update time. I haven't weighed myself yet (tomorrow is weigh in #1) but I'm convinced I haven't lost anything. I am drinking lots of water (averaging 3-4 litres a day) and have reduced my portion size etc but really not feeling any different. Sleeping has improved, no energy buzz (although to be fair I didn't have that buzz to start with, more a consistent feeling of being able to just keep going).

I am hoping the scales will tell a different story but I'm scared that I won't see what I want to see!!

Time will tell now...

The results are in. 2.7 down in the first week.

This week I'm going to track my food and calorie count. Tore a calf muscle last night so exercise will be limited :(

Second weigh in today very disappointed put on 0.3kg but lost 3cm from the waist. I have been vey careful with what I have been eating so I don't understand :(

Jut remember that different things can have an impact! Is it "that" time of the month? What about your salt intake? Have you been exercising and built muscle? A 3cm loss is great though! Keep it up!

jDad, you summed the man up perfectly with your last sentence "You foul mouthed, back bred, red neck ass" Case closed. No matter what reason or circumstances, I get very annoyed when so called adults say anything demeaning to a child!!! For goodness sake, Mr. Adult, get over yourself, take your glasses off and smell the coffee. How much sadness must there be in one person to act like he did.

But I have to admit, I find the teacher and recipe quite funny.....she must have felt pretty silly for assuming. Well done on raising your son like you do. He is one lucky child!!

Congratulations Amanda!:) - great loss!

Struggle - we all go through bad weeks, just try to stay positive and PLEASE do not give up - this week will be better, I am sure. Lots or good luck;);)

Amanda2807 said:
The results are in. 2.7 down in the first week.

This week I'm going to track my food and calorie count. Tore a calf muscle last night so exercise will be limited :(
Great, Amanda! Congratulations!
No worries about limited exercises, just keep doing them regularly, at least for 10-20 minutes. Do whatever makes you feel good, if it hurts - let your muscles rest a little. One day - chest, arms, the next day - legs, third day - abs, etc. Little at a time, you don't have to win the Olympics:laughing:

Struggle said:
Second weigh in today very disappointed put on 0.3kg but lost 3cm from the waist. I have been vey careful with what I have been eating so I don't understand :(
It happens... just give it a go, don't stuck on a thought that you need to lose no matter what by the end of week one, two, etc. It's a lifestyle, remember? We are not running the relay race here, someone loses regularly same weight, you don't. So what. No big deal. It only means that your body is different than others.

Besides, you said that you lost 3 cm from your waist, meaning your body is still changing.:)
Cheer up! Little patience and you'll do it.

I have started on a 15mg dose today!
:) :)
X

Hi All day 1 of week 4. Had my weigh in this morning total lost to date is 4kg in 3 weeks. Am feeling a lot better with the side affects, except for the dry mouth, but all in all feeling well. Have a good week to all. ;)

Reactions: Flower007