Hi all, I have been reading your posts and it has motivated me. I have been on Duromine for 14 days and have just weighed in this morning and I'm now at a 6kg loss. I started at 101kg and now 95kg. The first week i lost 4.7 kg and the second only 1.3kg. I was feeling a bit down and disappointed in myself but then I read your posts.

I have a 6 year old and an 18mth old (both girls) and I work full time and the first week I found time to excercise but the second week I couldn't work out how to fit it in because I was constantly busy.

I know I shouldn't make excuses but then I realise that that 6 kilos over 2 weeks is pretty good. I have been with my partner for 23 years (high school sweethearts) and he has been asking me to marry him for years but I haven't been happy with my weight. He tells me he loves me just the way I am but I want to look good on my wedding day. This is what started me on Duromine. As soon as I hit the 100kg mark I was so depressed.

I am going to keep an eye on your thread because I believe with other people it helps with the motivation side of it.

I am 37 years old and live in Melbourne, Victoria :)

My official weigh-in is actually Thursday mornings so I will see tomorrow what the actual weightloss is for the full two weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mealies
Rjburke1 don't worry, a loss is a loss and your 6 kg are great for the start!

As for exercises, I believe you will find a solution for your daily routine. You don't have to go to gym daily, you can make some exercises in the evening, when all the home routine is done and you are free for at least 20 minutes. I would advise you some stretching exercises. When your body loses weight it needs to be flexible so that your skin can get used to losing fat tissue.You may find some on youtube. Simple ones, so that you don't feel tired after a long busy day.

Just choose your time, play your favorite relaxing music, maybe directly from the youtube video, repeating some exercises after the instructor. You don't even have to figure out what exercises to do - just repeat after the instructor)) Think of it as of work. It helped me to force myself at first.

Little by little you will see, these exercises will give you some energy and you will get used to this activity (I chose exercises for my spine, neck, arms and legs). You should feel comfortable. If you feel pain, stop.

I hope you will do great and will not be disappointed anymore;););)
Go girl!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rjburke1
Hi :)
So I'm a big girl 95 kilos and I'm looking at starting duromine. I go to the gym 4x a week for 1.5 hours.. But this hasn't stopped me from feeling hungry all the time!!!
My doctor 6 months ago wanted me to go on it but I thought I'd give the gym a go first. Iv lost 7 kilos but I'm still always so hungry no matter what!
I would love to hear some feedback from you all and how you have found it

I'm so embarrassed to talk to my new doctor about it. I feel like they won't understand and will push me away from it. Any pointers?

Hi, I was 99kg at the start of the year and went to the gym 4 days a week and was eating healthy. I had lost a few kgs but was so hungry all the time and then my weight loss really didn't go anywhere.
I told my doctor about it as ive also had a lot of other medical issues and he suggested it to me. My doctor is the only one that knows im on it....not even my fiancé as I was too embarrassed to tell him or anyone else.
Don't be embarrassed to ask your doctor! They should be happy you are wanting to get fit and lose the weight. Just make sure you tell them you have already been losing weight( so they know your committed) and ask if they can help.
Good luck, see how you go. I started on 15mg and it was great but then I was getting hungry again so I have been on 30mg for a few weeks

Hi Ashlea! First, well done on your 7kg's. That is a LOT. :laughing:

Just take a deep breath and talk to your doctor. First, understand that there are some doctors that wont prescribe it, and will refer you back to eating habits and gym, not understanding the "hunger" issue that some of us deal with.

But, explain your situation, mention to your doc about your old doc wanting to give it to you.

I just finished half the first pack of Duromine 30. I don't have any side affects...I sleep well and able to function as normal. I just don't have the GREAT HUNGER all the time anymore, and that is awesome. I have a dry mouth, but that helps with me drinking my 8 glasses of water a day. I just found that once you start it, take care in planning food. You tend to skip meals very easily and that is not the way to go. You have to eat even if you are not hungry. Eat right and continue your gym. Just great that gym already - that is my downfall.

Good luck ;)

Hi Ashley

I have been using Duromine for about 3 months now, the 30g strength, and so far my total weight loss is 8kg. It definitely helps, especially with cravings and appetite control. As far as side effects are concerned, I had a few for the first two weeks - bit moody, trouble falling asleep - but it only lasted a short while. I guess when your body gets used to the drug the side effects diminish.

I would certainly recommend it, and since you are already exercising you should see great results!

Good luck, and congratulations with your weight loss so far!!:):)

Wow so many new people! I can't keep up! So cool to get to know you all :laughing: So happy Flower you lost weight!!! Yippie!! hey 900gm is so good! do not ever knock a loss! It's a loss and going in the right direction :laughing:
Great to hear about you Mumof3 and Rjburke1 and Janine25, such awesome weight losses and good to have you with us :laughing:
I take my Duromine at 9am-10am at my first break at work. My Pharmacist said to take it later in the morning but not too late as you may not sleep, I like the fact that it is slow release during the day as around 4pm-6pm is my hungry eating time and this is all gone now, I think it's because I take it later....
Left it a bit long last night to eat tho, ate lunch at 11am and then no dinner until 7:30pm and I was feeling a bit heavy headed and dizzy....
Will keep an eye on this as I don't feel hungry anymore so I have to rely on other body symptoms and make sure my blood sugars don't drop too low (it all goes to my head :( ).
I eat healthy and more low GI foods,
I am pretty much doing WW with my eating but also just focusing on healthy food when I'm hungry instead of fat food.
My food day mainly consists of:

Breakfast-
two pieces of toast (rye bread, or Vogels bread, low GI and fulling) with low fat peanut butter, thin spread on each slice with a coffee ( I use artificial sugar in my coffee and low fat milk).

Morning tea-
1 or 2 pieces of fruit lately it's been a banana or kiwifruit.

Lunch-
2 pieces of rye bread with light cream cheese thinly sliced with shaved ham or tuna or any meat I cooked the night before at dinner if there is any leftovers and tomato, spinach, cucumber, spring onion for filling up my sandwich.
1 weight watchers cereal bar.
1 tub of fresh 'n' fruity lite yogurt.

sometimes I'm too full to finish my lunch and I might have some of it for afternoon tea if i'm hungry.

Dinner-
Whatever I'm making for the family but I have a small portion of it, and don't add extra things like cheese or heavy sauces...
My fav that I make just for me sometimes is a poached egg with spinach leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions as a salad. Sometimes I have baked beans and a poached egg mmmmm :laughing:

I don't want to make 2 separate meals for me and my family so I'm fitting in what they have just a lot smaller portion than I normally would have.
I feel learning this will help me change my habits for when I come off Duromine,
I need to make these changes and stick to them.

Keep up the support guys and I look forward to reading about you all more :laughing:

P.S. Flower, I too have heard from my work colleges and friends that are from South Africa that it's hard living there :( they sure do love New Zealand for the laid back lifestyle we have here.
Sorry to hear about your pregnancy too! Wow you had it rough, no wonder you don't wanna go back and have another bub!!!
Good to keep in touch :laughing:

Cheers all,
happy losing,
chat soon,
Mealies :laughing:

Reactions: Tania J and Mumof3
Hi everyone, another newbie here, on my 3rd day! Starting weight 89.8kg, down 2.5kg this morning :laughing: If only it would keep going at this rate, hey??

It's not my first time trying Duromine, but never stuck with it consistently. This time I'm determined to go the full 3 months, and in fact am using the time to try and change a few things in my life around (other than my weight).

Great to hear of others' successes, and hope to keep hearing about how you all go :)

Xx Lizzie

Hey Lizzie, great to have you with us :laughing:
I'm also new to Duromine, this is my first time taking it and I'm about 2 weeks in.
3 months seems like a long way off but I know it will come about so fast! The past two years has gone so fast.
Was wanting some advise for when we come off this drug.
Is it hard? I know it can be addictive and are there any side affects with coming off them?
I can't afford to be bed ridden in agony with withdrawals! hahaha
Be great to know what happens.
Cheers,
Mealies :)

Reactions: Lizzie75
Thanks Mealie :)

Well, I only stayed on it a couple of weeks at a time, but I never noticed any withdrawal symptoms... I'm thinking it might be similar to when you first start- the odd headache etc, but I don't imagine 3 months' use would be enough to have you bed-bound...

Of course your apetite comes back with a vengeance :rolleyes: If I have one piece of advice it's to take advantage of the effects early on, really stick to your diet and exercise, as the effects do lessen with time, and it gets harder to lose. Just my 2 cents :p

Thanks Mealies for your kind words. Today I have taken the plunge and took my first tablet at 6.30am. Lets hope this helps with my struggles.:rolleyes:

Hiya All....getting a bit tough now to greet by name :p

Struglles - Good luck, just hang in there..you can do it!!! Looking forward to reading your progress x

Lissie, welcome :)

RJ - I can almost hear the wedding bells with the 6kg gone in two weeks. Sounds like you are well on your way!!

Mealies, I actually skipped a tablet yesterday, and after taking it for just over two weeks straight, I did not miss it at all, and I did not overeat. I will be honest, I did a little cheat, but, am straight back on the wagon today. I am on extremely strict low carb, and dear husband did point out that what I see as a cheat, was actually like a vitamin for my body. Will see how the scale reacts tomorrow at weigh in!!.

Although I am very hard on myself during the week, as I sit all day, I made sure to get plenty of movement done yesterday to "accommodate" the cheat. But back to my Duromine today.

I like to see your eating habits now Mealies. You definitely not starving yourself and your mix is very healthy. I think you are so on the right path here. Diet wise, I think I will have to change my style a bit. Going strictly low carb, is not something I wish to do for a lifetime, I think once I hit 100kg, I will move closer to a type of diet/eating plan like yours. Lovely to see your results and how you getting to it.

Good luck for tomorrow....;) I am feeling positive.

Hi All, love reading all your posts, you all are motivating me. Day 2 only so not much happening as yet. Yesterday I felt a little bit light headed and very dry mouth which made me want to drink more water and of course visit the loo more often. Chat soon and keep up the good work :)

Struggle, just hang in there. Don't eat too little - make very sure of this. If you do, you can feel very ill. I got used to the dry mouth and it does not bother me anymore, but it surely keeps me drinking my daily dose of water!

Tuesday is my weigh in day, this week, down 1kg. :)...I am happy with 1kg!

Eeeekkk.... I go MIA for a week and suddenly our little Duromine family has grown and grown and grown!!

Hi everyone and welcome to a life changing journey for all of us.

I have enjoyed reading through the posts here and I have to say that all of you are amazing people. Each of us has started our journey for similar reasons and with the sort of support we are giving to each other (except for that dude that disappeared for a week, someone give him a kick up the bum please) I think it will make the journey a little easier.

There was one comment back a page or so ago from Rj (I think) about hubby saying that he thought she still looked gorgeous. Well, as a husband of a woman whose body has changed overtime with pregnancies and life I can honestly say that I still find her as sexy and desirable and gorgeous and the most absolute turn on as the day she married me. I know her body has changed but it doesn't matter and if she wants to lose weight or not lose weight that doesn't change how I see her or feel about her. The only time I would speak with her about it is if I saw it having a negative effect on her health and then I would support her through any change she wanted to make, as she has done with me. Rj - I think what hubby is saying to you is truth, because it is how I see my Sarang-ha-nun BUT as you said your motivation is to get yourself feeling better and more healthy and to feel SEXY again - then you go for it!!

I tend to look at my loss on the "how many tubs of butter" scale as well and it tends to bring it in perspective a bit when you measure it up like that. Don't forget that even a 900gms loss is 2 tubs of butter!! A loss is a loss is a loss and the journey of 30kgs starts with just 1 gram (if that sounds trite I am sorry but it was a lesson I have had to get through my head on a number of occasions over the last 6 months and even a week ago I was still working on getting it firmly set).

I jumped on the scales on yesterday morning and have hit a new low of 88.5kgs. I did get off the scales at that point, had a chat with them about being cheeky, went and got the 2 year old, put her on the scales, checked the weight, took her off, zeroed the scales and put her on again and they measured her the same. I guess they weren't telling me furfy... So I am now under 90kgs and feeling so much better for it. For me that is now 51 and 1/2 tubs of butter gone from my body - why don't I have better muscle definition if I have walked around with that much extra weight for so long???

Well, I had better sign off and get to work - I love my job and am in the middle of planning an extended visit in the first 2 weeks of July to all of our far western Queensland services. Woohoo - outback Australia here I come!!!

Take care everyone, ya bunch of losers!!! :p

PS: Sorry Mealies, I tried to go one post without smiley faces at all, but I couldn't. o_O

Flower congrats on the 1kg weight loss that's fantastic, I say any weight loss is a good weight loss. Day 3 and i've been awake since 3am and bouncing off the walls, so tempted to weigh in but am determined to only do it once a week, have a great day.

Hiya,

jDad, You so awesome giving us that bit of info on how men think!!!! (but I dont believe you and roll my eyes too) :laughing: Congrats on breaking the 90kg. Wow, I can only think if I were where you are now...mmmm mmm mm I would be dressed to kill daily with all my "new" stuff from the bottom of my cupboard. But congrats, great to hear you loose even when not at home.

Even if I did 1kg last week, I am super happy about it. I do feel I deserve to be more down, but hey, my body knows best I suppose. I have worked hard, but then again, I had one cheat, so 1kg+1cheat, I think is amazing results. Ok, getting off my horse now.

Struggles, use that bouncing off the walls felling while you still have it. Haha..I managed to sort all my 2 years old's clothes out with that feeling...that was from birth to date, and my kitchen cupboards are all packed perfectly. I never really had the sleeping issue, but I do believe it will go away. Just hang in there. Give it two weeks. I feel all settled now...I eat normal portions...I am not hungry and definitely not bouncing off the walls anymore.

I cannot wait for your weigh in...I fail terribly at the weekly thing. I write my weight down once a week, but I still weigh daily. I set my WII Fit up in the room, so I get on there every morning. :oops:

jDad, you are so close to our goal weight! What a feeling that must be? I hope you still around here when I reach mine :p

I wonder what happened to MEALIES.................Have not seen her since Saturday :(

BWAH HAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaa Flower - just don't let anyone know that I told you about how we think or the "Man Mafia" will be after me for spilling the beans.

Bouncing off walls can really be put to good use. I had that happened the Friday night before Mothers Day here in Aus so I put it good use and gave my sweetheart her Mothers Day present early (okay, maybe that didn't come out quite the right way) by staying up the whole night and cleaning the house to to bottom. It looked great for about 20 minutes after the brood got up and then it was semi-trashed again. Why cant they just wipe down the darned kitchen bench if they spill something on it?

No Mealies? Maybe she went MIA like I did for a few days.

A little cheat doesn't hurt now and then - it kinda keeps you motivated I think. "Darn it I shouldn't have had that, so I will work a bit harder to make sure I stay on the wagon". Just don't let them become the norm. Yesterday morning was a cheat for me, the leadership team at work (of which I am one) all went out for breakfast. The bacon and eggs were great and the sourdough toast was brilliant - trouble is that now the scales are a bit higher than they were when I weighed in on Tuesday - but I know that is because I ate more than usual, some of it was salty (water retention) and I haven't had enough fibre to, well, you know... get rid of it yet.

Oh I had to take a peak this morning and have lost 1.1kg in 3 days :rolleyes:, I think I really noticed yesterday how much less hungry I was feeling, I usually get home after work and want to eat everything in sight, this has not happened since starting on Monday. Though I don't like waking up at 3am but if it's only temporary I can put up with that. I haven't really done any exercise as I'm recovery from a foot injury an lets face it i'm buggered after work a long day, then babysitting niece and nephews after work, but make mental note need to start doing some more activities, have a great day ;)