• ☝️A newly developed meal plan for people taking Duromine is available now❗️ With a proper diet, you can lose TWICE as much weight 📉!
My only
nellybly said:
Hiya scorpio, Oh thats great, good idead mayb shud eat something before taken it,,its day 6 for me too so we can share experiences, I never took one yest was so wrecked and felt so sick Sunday that i felt I cudnt take one yest morning but on a positive note, feel much better today after a gud nite sleep so hopefully now im over the worst of the side effects.it will all b worth it,
Have u weighed in yet:)

Hi Nellbly
You poor thing .. Fingers xx today for you ...
Day 7
Woke up normal today yay finally...
No sickness bowel issues or headaches all good ...
Ive even layed decking tiles and been for a family hour walk ...
Im not sure on the weightloss i think 2-3kg i forgot to weigh myself tbe day i started .. Back for my 2 week doctor check up in a week so i shall see on docs scales ... If i havent lost weight the doctors taking me off tablets ...
After this last week of hell i would want to have... Lol

Reactions: nellybly
It took me a week to ten days to get back to a regular sleeping pattern when I first started 6 wks ago. I take my tablet first thing in the morning and have noticed a slight queasy feeling if I haven't eaten within an hour or two of taking it. My morning latte isn't a breakfast substitute, I have discovered! Unfortunately for the past week or so I have been waking at about 3 am and can't get back to sleep until about 5 am even though I go to bed at about 10pm. Not sure if it's a side effect of the D or my underlying insomnia! Also, I've heard constipation is a common side effect, so it's not surprising to hear diarrhoea is an issue for a few of you too. Constipation or diarrhoea are often listed as side effects of the same medications - everyone's gut will respond differently.

Hi scorpio, , sounds like ur settling into now which is fantastic fo you . And ur energy is back, I cud totally relate as I felt just as bad as you taut id have to come iff then but it definitely takes a while to get used to them., I must say I feel ten times better too :) got more hours sleep last nite still broken butwas more content hitting the pillow (didnt have that uncomfortable wired feeling:)
I drank loads of water too and no headache so its definitely dehydration that was causing them, hope u have a good weigh in and ur happy, it can only get better,, excited have a great day :)

Hiya lolly terrier, hope ur well
yeah thats good to know, it just shows how miserable u can b without sleep, I dontno will we ever get an uninterrupted sleep the fact we're taking a stimulant, im avery light sleeper and it seems u dont need as much sleep on them, I went to bed after 12 and woke up one times and wide awake again at 6 , but it's alot better than not been able, maybe something herbal to help u sleep or even keep us asleep :) other than sleep how u getting on, when did u start ;)

Hi Scorpio. Unlike what i'm experiencing this time...m past experience with Duromine was full of side effects. Last time was less violent than your experience sounds, but still, consistent. (Duromine was a much stronger formula back then when it was made by 3M).
I am by no means a doctor, but this is what worked for me.

I would wake up at 5am, roll over and take the tablet and (hopefully) go back to sleep, if not... a brisk walk. Wake up - eat immediately. A banana. Some yoghurt and fruit. Anything to get good nutrients in. Duromine can play havoc on peoples metabolism, it is one of the key reasons people lose weight - but when there is nothing in your stomach to metabolise... the nausea usually hits. Always be grazing. It doesn't have to be a lot. A bit of chicken. A kiwi fruit. A piece of cheese. But if your metabolism is working, help it along by moving good nutrients through.
I'm sure you're drinking a lot of water, but some people forget after a while a get used to the dry mouth. Don't. Just keep drinking. It is a huge cause of headaches otherwise.
People also tend to 'stiffen up' as well due to the raciness of the meds... Its almost like flexing your muscles, especially shoulders... this also causes headaches and almost flu like symptoms because the aching and the nausea and the headaches all mix in together... a way to fight this to move!!
If you're not working out on some level (getting your heart rate UP!) an hour or so a day (30mins morn - 30 mins night/all in one go) - you need to be on your feet and 'moving' for most of it. Seriously. This is a powerful medication and whether or not you have the energy, it's making your body race... if you're doing nothing with that, it will absolutely exacerbate the symptoms. You need to tire your body out. It's weird, but some people find Duromine gives them energy... but the people that feel the opposite, not moving is the worst you can do. But not exercising it actually makes you more tired. If you get moving as much as possible.... You will feel better and usually sleep a lot better too.

Anyway, that was just my 2c. You didn't give a lot of detail so i have no idea whether any of this applies to you, but just in case, I thought i'd share what i'd learned.

Otherwise - Good luck!

Hi rosiec :)
Just want to say tanx for ur detailed positive expierenced msg, even tho not for me ;)
It makes way more sense now , im on it aweek today and i havent exercised but still flying around the place with work and home have to make time no excuses!! its a pity ur docter doesn't "cant" tell u all this but supose coz they havent been on it , thank god for this forum , when uno nobody else that u can relate to on duromine, its somewhere for us to chat and compare expierences, thanks again , excited for the week ahead tanx rosie and everyone on this forum :) have a great day "feeling postive" :)

Pleasure! From reading on here, the experiences are really different for everyone. I guess if we just share enough, we'll find someone we can relate to!
Good luck! You're gonna kick butt!!!;)

I'm excited! :) My doctor is going to give me Duromine but not for a couple of weeks, as I am doing a rapid taper off of anitdepressants (the reason I got this way) first. I hope to be able to share my experiences with everyone along with learning lots of stuff about being on them.
BTW: How do you put those tickers into your signature??

Welcome to the family!! :):):):cool:

I guess you were talking about THIS
Please let me know if something is not clear, I will gladly help you.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Third day of Duromine, so far so good.
Yesterday was a very bad day for me-our staff function photos was distributed and I look like a bull frog. It was very upsetting to say the least. This is prob the heaviest I have ever been and I feel disgusting.
Weight-107
I would LOVE to weigh 80 again but my wishful thinking weight is 75.
I am quite tall-1.81 meters.
Will check in weekly and hopefully find my sense of humor again soon.

Jackie, know exactly how you feel .. Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hey all so glad I found this forum! I'm a 25 (or 26? Meh close enough) mum of two - 4yo (in Jan) and a 20mo. Have been on a complete lifestyle overhaul in the last year, cut out a lot of crap, sugar, processed food and are slowly adapting to a very low grain and dairy diet - almost paleo but still having healthy options like butter and hard cheese/rice and wraps. I train quite hard - weights/HIIT/cardio 5/6 days a week and I lost about 10 or so kgs once I really cleaned up my diet but for the last 6-8 months I've not lost anything, a few kgs here and there but they come back so quick and without any form of bad eating so after so long of wearing myself down, a small fortune spent on a PT and totally feeling ashamed (I've never felt bad about it but once I stopped losing I blamed myself even though I wasnt rxactly doing anything wrong) and now getting mentally challenged about it I am going to go see a GP soon, (not my usual he's an ass and I think I have other issues with my health that he wouldn't address) and hopefully begin Duromine. I'm currently 89kg or so, I got down to 86 at one stage but I was restricting my calories so much it was unhealthy! I hope to continue with my training and healthy diet and finally see some results with a little extra help! Anyways I'm excited to make this decision and so good to see so many success stories, I only ever heard bad hearsay about it but I think it comes mostly from people who don't adopt a healthy lifestyle and go back to bad habits and I'm not overly concerned about the side affects, I'm mentally strong, except for the last few weeks but that's just my weight not shifting for so long finally getting to me and can seriously handle any of the crazy cleaning urges some experience - my house needs it lol! Anyway sorry for the long post but thought I'd check in and get into it so I feel committed and won't wimp out! Hoping a new GP is supportive but I'll go wherever to get me some so love to hear from others who are just starting and how you doing and any advice you have to prepare? Xx

Hiya and welcome. Good to hear you have already changed your lifestyle to include regular exercise and portion control. Sounds like you've become a bit disheartened as your weight loss has plateaued. You're not alone. The key is consistency and perseverance. Duromine might not be a magic solution unless you are consuming more calories than you realise (eg. Hidden calories - alcohol, juice, sports drinks, soft drinks etc). Then your appetite will be suppressed, but drinking high calories will see the scales stay the same!
Also, from my experience, the people who post huge kg losses in the first few weeks have radically overhauled their diet and exercise to coincide with starting Duromine. You may find you lose only a kilo a week (or even nothing) if your body is directing energy to muscle mass. Ultimately muscle mass and improved metabolism gained through regular cardio and weight resistance training will serve your health better in the long run, but slowly decreasing body mass can be more depressing than quick (and short lived) weight loss. You have to keep your eyes on the end game and realise your lifestyle must change permanently, and just not for the length of a "diet". Good luck and keep exercising.

Reactions: Caity and lgcox55
After trawling through countless threads on here over the last week, I thought I'd actually make an account and introduce myself, heh.

I'm about to start taking Duromine 30mg in the next few days, and while I have high hopes, I'm worried that I won't reach my goals due to some things I've got going against me.

I've suffered from clinical depression and anxiety since the age of 13, and hadn't found an appropriate medication for it until last year, which happened to also be the year I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Unfortunately, the treatments for both of these conditions caused me to stack on the kilos, and while healthier than I've ever been physically -- I now do heavy weight training sessions 3 times a week, and cardio 5 times a week -- the fact that I can't budge this weight with all that exercise along with creating the largest calorie deficit I can handle currently is really taking its toll on my mental health.

My doctor chose to prescribe Duromine despite my history of depression and anxiety, along with the hyperthyroidism, and believes that with close monitoring of my condition -- because we all know that caution is necessary when one has the problems I've got health-wise -- I can achieve my goal of 75kg, an appropriate weight for my height (175cm) and muscle gain goals. My starting weight as of two days ago was 102.4kg, so my goal is to lose 27.4kg over the next two or three months. If I could even lose 15kg, it would be wonderful, but my ultimate goal is to reach 75kg.

I guess I'm after some words of encouragement, or support, as I'm really afraid that even with my strenuous workout regime (which I've been following for 7 weeks so far, so it's not a stretch to suggest I continue to do it through this course of Duromine) my health problems and medication will prevent me from getting even close to that goal...

Do any of you have stories of success in spite of such obstacles you can share? I'd love to hear them.

:)

Edit: Oops! I should have added that the antidepressant I'm on isn't a MAOI class one, which if I'm not mistaken is the kind that's warned against taking along with Duromine. Double-checked with both my GP and the pharmacist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jo-Ann
GOOD lUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!! i suffer from bi polar disorder and think im finally on the right meds which are working well. im only on day 3 of D...40 mgs...so far so good. i know with a lot of my meds in the past i have put on weight but i just cant live without them...Ive tried but i have a very poor quality of life without medication. So far ive only experienced sleeplessness my first night...my mood is very positive and upbeat and i feel i can really do this. cheers cassie

Thank you for the encouragement!

I'm the same, I don't function well without my medication. I struggled to leave the house or get anything done before I was put on it because of how anxious and depressed I was. I used to say, "I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and suicidal," but that was when I was at a stable size 18, before the dosage of my two medications were changed... I'm now weighing up whether the added stabilisation of mood is worth the extra kilos that I just can't shed due to the damage the medication has done to my metabolism, or if I'd benefit more from the dose I was on before, dealing with a little more anxiety but actually being able to stabilise my weight.

All the best in your journey!

Hello! I've been on Duromine 30mg for a week now. I've struggled to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight for 7 years. Managed to lose most of it after my first child but gained it back and more with my second. My starting weight was 79.5kg and I'm 1.67 in height. I've been eating small meals 4 times a day and two of those are meal replacement shakes. I'm not the fittest person but have been getting on the treadmill every night for 30 minutes. Not much but at the moment that's as much as I can do until I get more in shape. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 75 kg. 4.5 kg down in first week! Pretty happy with that!! I'm ready to get back in shape and feel confident again!!

Great work on the loss this week! I would love to experience a loss like that in the first week!

And hey, 30 minutes of cardio per day is still a million times better than zero exercise, right? :-D

Good luck on your journey!

SevenOfNine said:
After trawling through countless threads on here over the last week, I thought I'd actually make an account and introduce myself, heh.

I'm about to start taking Duromine 30mg in the next few days, and while I have high hopes, I'm worried that I won't reach my goals due to some things I've got going against me.

I've suffered from clinical depression and anxiety since the age of 13, and hadn't found an appropriate medication for it until last year, which happened to also be the year I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Unfortunately, the treatments for both of these conditions caused me to stack on the kilos, and while healthier than I've ever been physically -- I now do heavy weight training sessions 3 times a week, and cardio 5 times a week -- the fact that I can't budge this weight with all that exercise along with creating the largest calorie deficit I can handle currently is really taking its toll on my mental health.

My doctor chose to prescribe Duromine despite my history of depression and anxiety, along with the hyperthyroidism, and believes that with close monitoring of my condition -- because we all know that caution is necessary when one has the problems I've got health-wise -- I can achieve my goal of 75kg, an appropriate weight for my height (175cm) and muscle gain goals. My starting weight as of two days ago was 102.4kg, so my goal is to lose 27.4kg over the next two or three months. If I could even lose 15kg, it would be wonderful, but my ultimate goal is to reach 75kg.

I guess I'm after some words of encouragement, or support, as I'm really afraid that even with my strenuous workout regime (which I've been following for 7 weeks so far, so it's not a stretch to suggest I continue to do it through this course of Duromine) my health problems and medication will prevent me from getting even close to that goal...

Do any of you have stories of success in spite of such obstacles you can share? I'd love to hear them.

Edit: Oops! I should have added that the antidepressant I'm on isn't a MAOI class one, which if I'm not mistaken is the kind that's warned against taking along with Duromine. Double-checked with both my GP and the pharmacist.