New Kid On The Block

MsThang84

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Pretoria South Africa
I am 30years old and current weight is 130kg. I am from Pretoria in South Africa. Today marks my 2nd day on D and for starters hoping 2 lose 10% of my body weight which is 13kg and will take it from there. No time limit for that but will just go with the flow. First weigh in will be this saturday. Good Luck to me

tharbie

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
I am 30years old and current weight is 130kg. I am from Pretoria in South Africa. Today marks my 2nd day on D and for starters hoping 2 lose 10% of my body weight which is 13kg and will take it from there. No time limit for that but will just go with the flow. First weigh in will be this saturday. Good Luck to me
Hi...I have been on D for a week now,cant wait for my 1st weigh-in....but not sure if I should.starting weight-84kgs....goal weight-60kgs.

MsThang84

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Pretoria South Africa
hi Tharbi..2day is my 3rd day i hav decided 2 weigh once a week on a saturday..goodluck 2 u..let me know how it goes when u do eventually weigh urself

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi newbie! Welcome again :laughing:
I advise you to weigh yourself in the mornings (no clothes oops))) before breakfast. Every week at the same time, this way you will get the most accurate numbers. Because if we weigh in at different time of the day, our body may contain food and water that will show the wrong numbers. I am sure you know that, just a tip from me ;)
You are very right saying 'no time limits' because weight loss is a long process. So, good luck again!

Reactions: tharbie

tharbie

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi..
Finally got a nerve to get on the scale...I couldn't believe my eyes,lost 10 kg in just 15days....is this normal!!!im now 75 kg
hi Tharbi..2day is my 3rd day i hav decided 2 weigh once a week on a saturday..goodluck 2 u..let me know how it goes when u do eventually weigh urself[/QUOT

Reactions: MsThang84

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi..
Finally got a nerve to get on the scale...I couldn't believe my eyes,lost 10 kg in just 15days....is this normal!!!im now 75 kg
Wow, tharbie! Great result! I think it depends. But some people do have such results, how do you feel? OK? Any side effects?
If no, then you must be so happy, I imagine :laughing:
I hope you didn't forget to stick to the right eating habits, so that when you off the pills your weight won't come back. you should learn your body to eat this way, so it is easy for you to keep the same weight for long.
Good luck, we are very happy for you!

Muks

Standard Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hey MissThang. Ive also started on D today. Also want to start doing mini marathons in and around PTA from Jan. Let me know if ur interested. i cd do with a running buddy.

MsThang84

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Pretoria South Africa
Hey MissThang. Ive also started on D today. Also want to start doing mini marathons in and around PTA from Jan. Let me know if ur interested. i cd do with a running buddy.
Hi Muks, yes i am interested in doing that, just let me know when, and how and i will definitely join you

tharbie

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey kate...
It's the eating part I'm nervous about as my appetite is at zero but I do eat fruit in the morning and late,during the day I just drink water a lot...
Wow, tharbie! Great result! I think it depends. But some people do have such results, how do you feel? OK? Any side effects?
If no, then you must be so happy, I imagine :laughing:
I hope you didn't forget to stick to the right eating habits, so that when you off the pills your weight won't come back. you should learn your body to eat this way, so it is easy for you to keep the same weight for long.
Good luck, we are very happy for you!

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
I see... This is the desired part, yet the most annoying one because our body still needs proteins and carbs. Please note that. You have to force yourself to eat some piece of white meat, eggs, beans maybe... See what happens if you go on like this - you will lose a lot of weight (that's the good part), but you'll have to stop taking the pills eventually... and then what? Your appetite comes back and you'll eat like you used to (and that's the bad part). Trust me your body will figure out that quickly and will store huge amounts of calories "just in case" as fat. That's what may happen(((

If you want to keep your results for long, you should reduce your calorie intake, not stop eating. That is a common mistake. And then people come back here complaining they have to start all over again. That is a lifestyle, not a temporary helper. Personally, I had to quit all sugar and I don't eat anything sweet at all. Not ever again. But I eat small meals 4 and even 5 times a day. Sometimes I am not hungry, but it is just a habit, like work. I made a schedule of meals and I eat them no matter what. And I feel excellent! Seven years ago I started my diet. I am still keeping my healthy diet and training I am trying to engage my son into this lifestyle too. But... Ah well my hubby supports me though :cool:

Sorry for this long message, but I want you to see things clearly and help you somehow...
Just try to force yourself eat at least 3 times a day. Let it be tiny size of chicken breast with cherry tomato, or avocado, etc. Let it be. It is still a decent meal for your body. And you can make some tasty sauce (there are hundreds of low calorie recipes!), like yogurt+garlic+parsley...olive oil+balsamic+garlic+herbs, etc... Just no mayo and ketchup - that's a rule!))) You'll see your diet will become easy and healthy and you still can enjoy food.

Wishing you the best! Have a nice weekend! ;)